Mother Talzin/TCW Darth Maul vs. Exar Kun/Ulic-Qel Droma

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
*Fight takes place in the Forest of Dxun

Force, sabers, all out

EmperorSidious2
Team 2

FreshestSlice
Lolno

Talzin>=Kun
Maul>Ulic

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Lolno

Talzin>=Kun
Maul>Ulic

Really? I would think that Talzin being off Dathomir she wouldn't be powerful enough to take on Kun. I think Ulic has enough to hold off and maybe defeat Maul.

FreshestSlice
And you'd be wrong.

EmperorSidious2
So you believe that Maul is just as good as a deulist as Kun? Just asking cause didn't Ulic stalemate Kun in saber combat?

FreshestSlice
I don't actually think Exar Kun is the most amazing duelist of all time, so yeah, I think Maul is a better duelist than him and Ulic.

EmperorSidious2
Interesting. Well I agree Kun isn't the best deulist of all time I would say he is of great skill and technical mastery. With that Ulic being able to stalemate him, I would place Ulic above Maul, defintily, and I'm not seeing how Talzin is in anyway greater than Kun. I suppose I could see equal as a big stretch but defintlly not greater.

carthage
I don't actually think Exar Kun is the most amazing duelist of all time

That wouldn't happen to be because of Ancientmoron's recent wanking would it?

FreshestSlice
Not really. I was never a big fan of Kun's.
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
Interesting. Well I agree Kun isn't the best deulist of all time I would say he is of great skill and technical mastery. With that Ulic being able to stalemate him, I would place Ulic above Maul, defintily, and I'm not seeing how Talzin is in anyway greater than Kun. I suppose I could see equal as a big stretch but defintlly not greater.
Your entire argument is based on Kun's amazing skill, but you haven't shown why he's above Maul. Nor why Talzin, who can stand up to Sidious, and while yes Dathomir is her home it's also a Dark Side nexus Sidious can draw on, should be weaker than Kun who has been TK'd before by far inferior opponents.

EmperorSidious2
Not really. I was never a big fan of Kun's.

Your entire argument is based on Kun's amazing skill, but you haven't shown why he's above Maul. Nor why Talzin, who can stand up to Sidious, and while yes Dathomir is her home it's also a Dark Side nexus Sidious can draw on, should be weaker than Kun who has been TK'd before by far inferior opponents.

Well Kun did defeat his master who had trained hundreds upon hundreds of students and of those hundreds upon hundreds Kun was said to be the best. He also created his won variant of the double blade that made him more,versatile than maul ever could have been. He showed enough strength to break Vodo's force embued staff which was able to break bones IIRC, was made the dark lord of the Sith by Marka Ragnos DURING A LIGHTSABER DEUL with Ulic who, he stalemated. This is the same Ulic who defeated Warb Null while,weakened and considered a novice, same with he an his brother easing seven Jedi and beating a hundred dark side,imbued warriors while,weakened and considered a novice.

Talzin being on her home planet makes all the difference. Without being on the planet she wouldn't be that strong and couldn't accomplish those same feats. When you look at Kun's abilities with Sith sorcery and his blast. As for Kun's TK, he did kill Odan Urr with Force wound albeit he was older, casually force pushed Sylvar. Then he has his Sith sorcery and magic to,help aswell as blast.

FreshestSlice
Well Kun did defeat his master who had trained hundreds upon hundreds of students and of those hundreds upon hundreds Kun was said to be the best.

That's great really. Talzin and Maul are also more powerful than all those other students.

Because? Kun uses Niman, a form that Maul not only knows, but knows well. He knows how to counter Kun, despite any variations Kun may have put on the style. It's not like Kun's unique spin is going to carry him.

Yeah, I read ILS' respect thread too. As great as Warb Null is, he by no means compares to likes of Savage in strength or power, who Maul absolutely tools in speed, skill, and strength.

Like I said, it's not like Sidious couldn't draw on Dathomir. It's also worth nothing that there is no reason that Talzin wouldn't be able to drawn Dxun.

Which Talzin has superior showings in.

Definitely something well out of the capabilities of Maul or Talzin. Pushing Sylvar, who struggled with Force-deaf Ulic, and killing an old man. That same old man that seconds before casually tossed him. Next level shit right there. thumb up

Talzin has Dathomiri magic, which Sidious obviously found intriguing as compared to Kun's great Sith sorcery. Maul also has this amazing thing called a lightsaber that he can use better than anyone here.

Deronn_solo
Kuns best TK showings is killing an old washed up Jedi Librarians, and pushing Sylvar?

KEK, what a loser. laughing

AncientPower
So many unbelievably moronic comments in one thread I don't where to start.

Beniboybling
You can start by admitting Kun's inferiority. http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/841309534.gif

AncientPower
Originally posted by carthage
That wouldn't happen to be because of Ancientmoron's recent wanking would it?

Wow, such an original insult. How long did it take your singular lobe to conjure such wit?

But hey, feel free to contribute absolutely anything of value to this forum rather than aimlessly troll. That is after all par for the course for everything you ever post.

That ain't my business though.

AncientPower
Originally posted by Beniboybling
You can start by admitting Kun's inferiority. http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/841309534.gif

Inferiority to someone who relies entirely on a specailised planet's worth of amp for high tier feats? You may certainly hold that opinion. I'll personally take the side of someone who actually is a Dark Side Nexus.

Beniboybling
I'll get the popcorn. http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/841309534.gif

AncientPower
If you get anything other than salted... u wanna fight?

Beniboybling
ROFL, no actually I just wanna see how this develops. thumb up

AncientPower
I know, not equating Talzin to Sidious is like blasphemy here. I do not actually think she is entirely reliant on Dathomir, however I do question her being all that much more powerful than Dooku without it tbh.

Talzin vs Sidious on fair terms would be a pretty quick occasion in my opinion.

Beniboybling
Considering she has been stated to be a "powerhouse that can go toe-to-toe with Darth Sidious", pwned Dooku before her full power was restored and faced off against Sheev when it was implied she was still not at full strength, I would say yes she can, and no it would not.

EmperorSidious2
That's great really. Talzin and Maul are also more powerful than all those other students.

Because? Kun uses Niman, a form that Maul not only knows, but knows well. He knows how to counter Kun, despite any variations Kun may have put on the style. It's not like Kun's unique spin is going to carry him.

Yeah, I read ILS' respect thread too. As great as Warb Null is, he by no means compares to likes of Savage in strength or power, who Maul absolutely tools in speed, skill, and strength.

Like I said, it's not like Sidious couldn't draw on Dathomir. It's also worth nothing that there is no reason that Talzin wouldn't be able to drawn Dxun.

Which Talzin has superior showings in.

Definitely something well out of the capabilities of Maul or Talzin. Pushing Sylvar, who struggled with Force-deaf Ulic, and killing an old man. That same old man that seconds before casually tossed him. Next level shit right there. thumb up

Talzin has Dathomiri magic, which Sidious obviously found intriguing as compared to Kun's great Sith sorcery. Maul also has this amazing thing called a lightsaber that he can use better than anyone here.

I'm not saying your wrong but what has Talzin done with Sith illusions that top Kun who pretty much put most of his energy into it. Gaining a wealth of knowledge from Naga Sadow and taking his gauntlets. If this is a nexus then his gauntlets would be more powerful than on a normal level which can be pretty powerful there. I'm still not convinced maul is better than Ulic or Kun in saber combat. He has amazing feast don't get me wrong, but I'm not sure what puts him on top here.

Can you also fill me in on some of Talzin's showings with TK? I've seen a few, none of which put her above Kun.

FreshestSlice
I'm not saying your wrong but what has Talzin done with Sith illusions that top Kun who pretty much put most of his energy into it. Gaining a wealth of knowledge from Naga Sadow and taking his gauntlets.

How about creating whatever Savage is, restoring Maul, being able to move in between the corporeal and incorporeal, without being trapped mind you, and being able to possess Dooku? Just to name a few.

Because Dooku and Sidious' lightning is weaker than either's amulets?

Are you going to actually establish what is so great about Kun and Ulic's saber prowess that puts them miles above Maul, or above Maul at all, or are you just going to keep saying, "I'm still not convinced?"

Can give some actual showings for Kun in TK? More importantly given how strong her shield is, I doubt Kun will be TKing her.

Darth Thor
pwned Dooku before her full power was restored

When did that happen?

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Darth Thor
When did that happen? Was referring to when she possessed/drained him.

Darth Thor
Was referring to when she possessed/drained him.

Ok so a display of her power, but not a combat showing. Going toe to toe with Windu is a good combat showing for her.

EmperorSidious2
How about creating whatever Savage is, restoring Maul, being able to move in between the corporeal and incorporeal, without being trapped mind you, and being able to possess Dooku? Just to name a few.

Because Dooku and Sidious' lightning is weaker than either's amulets?

Are you going to actually establish what is so great about Kun and Ulic's saber prowess that puts them miles above Maul, or above Maul at all, or are you just going to keep saying, "I'm still not convinced?"

Can give some actual showings for Kun in TK? More importantly given how strong her shield is, I doubt Kun will be TKing her.

That was a ritual I suppose. I personally say it was a ritual, and it was on Dathomir where she wasn't in a battle situation. Kun has created illusions that can harm beings without either. Even if he did require a nexus, Dxun is an amp for dark sliders so he will be able to use this to his advantages. All of these I believe are rituals. Possession of Dooku, ritual that was done on Dathomir, restoring maul, ritual done on Dathomir, savage, ritual done in Dathomir. So I'm not seeing how these top Kun since they all were rituals and we're done where she is amped more than any other character ever.

Dooku maybe. I would say Kun is more powerful than Dooku(maybe) but weaker than Sidious.

Well it's not like I've seen anything that puts Maul over them. Kun beat Vodo who was a lightsaber enthusiast in one on one combat and stalemated Ulic a renowned and powerful Jedi, was the best deulist of all the hundreds of students Vodo had, and is one if not the most masterful Niman practioner ever with his own elaborate and technically sophisticated weapon.

Maul has defeated Qui Gon Jin who really has no feats to put him above or close to Ulic just that he was one of the greatest sword masters ever, but that term is used very loosely and this applies to a Kun and a Ulic as well(tbf) same with anun Bundara, who I beleive maul only beat by putting out the second blade at the right time, and was stalemated by an enraged Kenobi in TPM. He did pawn savage, and went up agaisnt Sidious who was toying around with them the whole time.

I do agree that Kun isn't going to TK her.

Trocity
same with anun Bundara, who I beleive maul only beat by putting out the second blade at the right time

You're thinking of Siolo'urmanka.

Maul pretty much stomped Bondara.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by Trocity
You're thinking of Siolo'urmanka.

Maul pretty much stomped Bondara.

Yea, my bad. Thanks man.

quanchi112
Originally posted by AncientPower
I know, not equating Talzin to Sidious is like blasphemy here. I do not actually think she is entirely reliant on Dathomir, however I do question her being all that much more powerful than Dooku without it tbh.

Talzin vs Sidious on fair terms would be a pretty quick occasion in my opinion. Based on ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.