Missouri bullies student journalist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
A kid was trying to take photographs of the staging area, which was on public ground (According to a rare law which makes private college space a public forum).

One of the protestors telling him to get lost was a professor of communications?? eek!

v=xRlRAyulN4o

http://www.barstoolsports.com/barstoolu/missouri-protestors-bully-a-student-photographer-and-refuse-to-let-him-take-their-pictures-during-their-public-protest/

First of all, if the Westboro Baptist Church can get away with their crap because freedom of speech, pardon me for not taking their demand for a "safe space" in a public space concerns seriously. The kid just wanted to take some pictures, hone his skills, and cover an important event on his road to becoming a journalist.

Secondly, what's a professor at a JOURNALISM school doing denying access to the press? Look at the end of the video, she's the loudest, and she's the one calling for the mob to intimidate him and possibly physically force him out.

-Pr-
lol, was wondering when this would get posted.

Surtur
So the people feel they have a right to protest, but the student doesn't have a right to take photo's?

Interesting since when the media was covering some student doing a hunger strike they just didn't seem to mind. When the media covered the overall story of them trying to get the President fired they did not seem to mind the attention.

Also I can't help thinking..wouldn't a protest just benefit from photo's of it? It'd help get the word out about whatever they are protesting. Or did they have someone else taking photo's and so got mad when another party tried to?

cdtm
Seriously, though. How is it that complaints of unintentional offense and refusal to immediately appologize for any slight can co exist next to the polar opposite extreme of the WBC protesting at a little girls funeral, when many insist those assholes have a right to offend whomever they want due to free speech?

I mean, what would these kids do if the WBC protested right outside their school? Demand everyone in the administration be fired for creating an unsafe space? Insist on an engraved apology and sensitivity training for people in no way involved?

Surtur
Just seems typical, use the media to bring up issues about shit and once you get your way? F*ck the media get out of here kid how dare you take pictures of this public protest.

It wasn't a private party it was a protest. You have the one dipshit teacher, upon being told the guy had the right to be there, say "I get that argument, but you have to go". Oh helllll no. Tell me that is not bitchslap worthy behavior.

ArtificialGlory
SJW shitheels. Oxygen thieves, the lot of them.

Flyattractor
I like the part where she literaly calls for some muscle to go all thug on the guy.

Ahh LIBERALS and their funny ways.

Jesus McBurger
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I like the part where she literaly calls for some muscle to go all thug on the guy.

Ahh LIBERALS and their funny ways.
If she was a republican she would have sent seal team six

Surtur
They have no problem calling in some "muscle" to remove a guy who had every right to be there just because they didn't want him there despite having no valid reason to not want him there.

Gee it almost sounds eerily similar to how people dislike those members of other races for no valid reason. I'm struggling, what is the word for that again?

Flyattractor
Liberalism.

Omega Vision
Meanwhile, the racists are out in force intimidating black students on the campus:

http://rickeysmileymorningshow.com/1628010/crisis-at-mizzou-black-students-hate-groups-terrorize-campus/

CNN is reporting that the police claim there's no substance to the reports, but I'm not sure what to think. http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/11/us/university-of-missouri-racism-protest/

We'll have to wait and see if anything happens.

Surtur
I know and in times like these it's almost like photographs of these black students being intimidated might help convince the cops. But you know how this place feels about photographers.

Surtur
Of course this entire incident goes to show us one thing: it doesn't matter what slight you have perceived as having to do with racism, it doesn't give you the right to threaten people or basically do anything that is destructive and illegal. I don't care if it's because you don't like that a certain person was fired or if you don't like a certain person wasn't punished, or any of that.

Omega Vision
I think the moral for all sides in this situation is "don't be an *******." Lots of people are ignoring that.

Surtur
For me the moral is: protest peacefully or shut the f*ck up. These people don't like the person was fired or forced to quit fine. Don't behave like savages trolling around the parking lots in pick up trucks.

I also have to assume the trucks were blasting some kind of country music.

Jesus McBurger
Originally posted by Surtur
For me the moral is: protest peacefully or shut the f*ck up.
thumb up

Omega Vision
For me the moral is: protest peacefully or shut the f*ck up. These people don't like the person was fired or forced to quit fine. Don't behave like savages trolling around the parking lots in pick up trucks.

I also have to assume the trucks were blasting some kind of country music.
To me, what the white students are allegedly doing doesn't even qualify as a protest. To me, a protest is aimed at a power structure of some form, has specific goals, and organization of some sort. Driving around in trucks harassing black students simply for being black is intimidation.

After the Sandusky scandal forced the departure of Joe Paterno, Penn State students protested his dismissal. As disgusting as it was that they were valuing the school's football program over justice for all the abused children, they at least were protesting. If the reports are true, what's going on at Mizzou smacks of old fashioned Klan tactics.

Surtur
Well yes exactly. If someone has a problem with something either protest it peacefully or don't do anything at all. These were not protests. The people doing it would probably say otherwise, but they are just using this as an excuse to act out.

Surtur
So I was reading an article about this and students complaining a professor said the bullies win if they cancel the exams and reading some comments on the article aaaand saw this question:

"Isn't this the same school where law students demanded that finals be cancelled because they were so "traumatized" by the Ferguson riots?"

So uh, the answer to this question is absolutely unequivocably "no" I hope, right? Not just a "no it didn't happen at this school" but a "no this person is mistaken it never happened at any school because it would be asinine".

Surtur
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Meanwhile, the racists are out in force intimidating black students on the campus:

http://rickeysmileymorningshow.com/1628010/crisis-at-mizzou-black-students-hate-groups-terrorize-campus/

CNN is reporting that the police claim there's no substance to the reports, but I'm not sure what to think. http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/11/us/university-of-missouri-racism-protest/

We'll have to wait and see if anything happens.

To note on this even more..rumors out of this place just confuse the hell out of me. Like the rumors of people drawing swastika's made out of shit.

I just don't even get that though. If these people are trying to intimidate blacks why paint a swastika? Is it because of the connection between Nazism and white supremacy maybe? I don't know. Just that for me if I want to specifically mess with black people with a symbol a swastika doesn't really come to mind.

Though apparently someone was arrested for making threats, but they don't even go to the school. Apparently the person making the threats went to a different school, but they schools were in the same system.

Apparently the guy who did the hunger strike comes from a very wealthy family as well, but who knows what is what anymore.

long pig
To note on this even more..rumors out of this place just confuse the hell out of me. Like the rumors of people drawing swastika's made out of shit.

I just don't even get that though. If these people are trying to intimidate blacks why paint a swastika? Is it because of the connection between Nazism and white supremacy maybe? I don't know. Just that for me if I want to specifically mess with black people with a symbol a swastika doesn't really come to mind.

Though apparently someone was arrested for making threats, but they don't even go to the school. Apparently the person making the threats went to a different school, but they schools were in the same system.

Apparently the guy who did the hunger strike comes from a very wealthy family as well, but who knows what is what anymore.
Most likely if it happened, it was done by a black person. Much like the "whites only" sign was put up by a black girl just to stir up shit.

Surtur
http://thefederalist.com/2015/11/12/mizzou-releases-photos-of-poop-swastika-discloses-details-of-previously-unreported-racial-slurs/#disqus_thread

Well that sure is..underwhelming.

Mindset
Full disclosure, I was the one who did the poop swastika.

I was saying Nazis are shit though.

Flyattractor
Mindset just admitted to having Stinky Fingers.

....hmmm not shocked.

Surtur
Now the aftermath:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/university-missouri-fires-professor-melissa-click-after-scuffle-reporter-n526396

One professor was fired. Only question is why it took this long.

ArtificialGlory
Now the aftermath:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/university-missouri-fires-professor-melissa-click-after-scuffle-reporter-n526396

One professor was fired. Only question is why it took this long.
https://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7kfufL9E21rs3zxi.jpg

Surtur
I just wonder how many more teachers like this we have on college campuses in this country.

ArtificialGlory
I just wonder how many more teachers like this we have on college campuses in this country.
Whatever the number is, it's too many.

Surtur
Plus to me this just doesn't make any actual sense. Their whole thing was "dude running this place is racist, get rid of him" so when they seemingly succeed..isn't that the time you WOULD want a journalist around?

I also still can't figure out why in this day and age people will act like a jackass when they know they are being filmed. Which also makes me wonder if the school really disapproves of this teacher or if they just disapprove she was dumb enough to get caught on tape. Since I thought at first the school acted like they supported her.

ArtificialGlory
Plus to me this just doesn't make any actual sense. Their whole thing was "dude running this place is racist, get rid of him" so when they seemingly succeed..isn't that the time you WOULD want a journalist around?

I also still can't figure out why in this day and age people will act like a jackass when they know they are being filmed. Which also makes me wonder if the school really disapproves of this teacher or if they just disapprove she was dumb enough to get caught on tape. Since I thought at first the school acted like they supported her.
The mind of a SJW muppet works in mysterious ways.

The school probably did approve, but decided to throw her under the bus once faced with the outrage.

Surtur
Yeah I seem to remember the school supporting her until people began to act really outraged. I'm guessing maybe they thought the "victory" the teachers had with getting rid of the president would draw more focus then this incident.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.