Ven Zallow vs. Senya

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Force sabers all out

Total Warrior
Senya in all

NewGuy01
Leaning Senya.

Nephthys
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Leaning Senya.

Kosmos Supreme
Senya

carthage
reasons?

Kosmos Supreme
Originally posted by carthage
reasons?

She beat Vaylin who was implied to be able to take down one of the protagonist alongside Lana Beniko. She also killed plenty of Knights who are probably on the same level as Sith Warriors.

FreshestSlice
Being able to take on a wounded and poisoned Outlander and Lana isn't that great of an accomplishment for Vaylin. And while she may have killed "plenty of Knights" that doesn't exactly put her above Zallow. Not to mention her getting the KO'd by Heskal wasn't her finest moment.

I'm currently undecided on this, tbh.

Sinious
nvm.

Nephthys
Vaylin is prooooobably more powerful than Malgus or Zallow and Senya beat her ass. Hence why I'm leaning to her. But Vaylin's lightsaber ability hasn't been established very well yet. So punking her that way isn't suggestive of being > Zallow. Maybe.

Kosmos Supreme
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Being able to take on a wounded and poisoned Outlander and Lana isn't that great of an accomplishment for Vaylin
The Outlander > Zallow

NewGuy01
The Outlander > Senya too.

Kosmos Supreme
The Outlander > Senya too.

The gap isn't as big though.

FreshestSlice
Yes it is. Also you kind of ignored the part where the Outlander was dying and poisoned for about 5 years.

Beniboybling
The Outlander > Senya too. Does s/he? Pretty sure at one point Senya ragdolls them.

Nephthys
Not really. She tosses them away when they're not expecting her to.

Beniboybling
Still a ragdoll, not sure the fact the protag was not expecting it should make any difference as s/he was in combat.

Nephthys
And Senya got punked by Heskal despite being more combat ready than the Outlander was in your scenario. And the Outlander went on to kick Heskals ass.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Still a ragdoll, not sure the fact the protag was not expecting it should make any difference as s/he was in combat.
no expression

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Nephthys
And Senya got punked by Heskal despite being more combat ready than the Outlander was in your scenario. And the Outlander went on to kick Heskals ass. True enough, but if we assume both were unprepared on what basis does the Outlander > Senya?

FreshestSlice
Read that again.

Beniboybling
Nice to see you're prepared to support your conclusions, Fresh. thumb up

FreshestSlice
I honestly think you can't read.

Beniboybling
https://media.giphy.com/media/sjTEF3Gtw8FOw/giphy.gif

Right, pretty sure Neph is saying that despite the Outlander getting punked by Senya when she should have had her guard up, Senya has been caught off guard in even more favorable circumstances ergo. it happens.

I believe my response, that if both had their guard down that makes both situations equally inaccurate portrayals of character ability, is relevant in that respect. If he meant something else, my bad, doesn't seem that way though.

FreshestSlice
No, you're an idiot because Neph said they both fought Heskal, one where Senya was more prepared than the Outlander was, and the Outlander actually won. But then, you'd have to be able to read to know that, and I understand how limited you are in that area.

Nephthys
Ahahaha. Well actually FS, I suppose you're the one who can't read too good. Beni's right, you're wrong.

And the Outlander > Senya due to having better feats, being the one everyone thinks can beat Arcann and other jazz.

FreshestSlice
So the Outlander lost to Arcann why?

I'll apologize to Bemi though. I obviously shouldn't have expected an actual argument.

Beniboybling
And the Outlander > Senya due to having better feats, being the one everyone thinks can beat Arcann and other jazz. Better feats than beating Vaylin? Who can rip apart multi-story buildings, see through flow-walking and whom Arcann appears afraid of?

As for being able to beat Arcann, I suppose if you ascribe to the idea that the Outlander is weakened this makes sense, yet at the same time I got the feeling that Lana simply percieved the Outlander as a valuable ally in a fight with very few supporters, not some kind of only hope.

As far as I can see in their present condition, it goes without saying that Senya > Outlander, when the Outlander is getting dominated by Arcann yet Vaylin's TK is completely ineffective against Senya. Senya who went as far as to ragdoll the Outlander to avoid a confrontation, not exactly a display of faith.

Senya seems like the only one who can challenge her children at the moment, and as far as the matchup goes, if Ven Zallow is being overwhelmed by pre-prime Malgus, whose already surpassed by Vaylin? I really don't see him standing a chance against Senya. At all.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
I'll apologize to Bemi though. I obviously shouldn't have expected an actual argument. http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/1341734200.gif

FreshestSlice
Nah. Lana thinks the Outlander is the only one who can defeat Arcann in combat.

DarthAnt66
Didn't Lana directly say he couldn't like, two times?

One when he said Arcann was scared and the other on the nexus planet?

Nephthys
Better feats than beating Vaylin? Who can rip apart multi-story buildings, see through flow-walking and whom Arcann appears afraid of?

As for being able to beat Arcann, I suppose if you ascribe to the idea that the Outlander is weakened this makes sense, yet at the same time I got the feeling that Lana simply percieved the Outlander as a valuable ally in a fight with very few supporters, not some kind of only hope.

As far as I can see in their present condition, it goes without saying that Senya > Outlander, when the Outlander is getting dominated by Arcann yet Vaylin's TK is completely ineffective against Senya. Senya who went as far as to ragdoll the Outlander to avoid a confrontation, not exactly a display of faith.

Senya seems like the only one who can challenge her children at the moment, and as far as the matchup goes, if Ven Zallow is being overwhelmed by pre-prime Malgus, whose already surpassed by Vaylin? I really don't see him standing a chance against Senya. At all.

Depending on the Outlander, but yes.

The Outlander still has room to grow, theres no indication they're at their peak yet even if you don't buy into them being weakened. And I'm pretty sure Lana launched a virtual suicide mission to rescue the Outlander because she see's them as the absolute best and only chance at stopping Arcann. If Senya was that freaking good, they wouldn't need the Outlander.

Jesus man, we just went through this. She doesn't ragdoll the Outlander, she smacks them away when they're obviously not expecting it. Its nothing against the Outlander, no more than Senya getting humiliated by Heskal who the Outlander defeats. And my impression was that she did that to stop the Outlander from killing Vaylin, not the other way around. She wanted to talk to Vaylin and didn't want her to die. Vaylin was clearly the one she was concerned about in that situation. Why would she be concerned for the Outlander when she can take Vaylin solo?

Koth says that SCORPIO > Senya at one point. And considering she'd just stomped a squad of Force wielders with her bare hands and in an alternative version captured Senya herself easy peesy, its plausible. Senya isn't better than the Outlander, who obviously could challenge her children as well.

cs_zoltan
Better feats than beating Vaylin? Who can rip apart multi-story buildings, see through flow-walking and whom Arcann appears afraid of?

Yet Heskal stomped Senya and lost to the Outlander.

And people say OCW is inconsistant roll eyes (sarcastic)

Beniboybling
Depending on the Outlander, but yes.

The Outlander still has room to grow, theres no indication they're at their peak yet even if you don't buy into them being weakened. And I'm pretty sure Lana launched a virtual suicide mission to rescue the Outlander because she see's them as the absolute best and only chance at stopping Arcann. If Senya was that freaking good, they wouldn't need the Outlander.Room to grow sure, but we're not discussing the Outlander's potential.Which is why it's not the point I'm making. The point I'm making is that Senya resorted to extreme measures to stop the Outlander fighting Vaylin.Perhaps? But then not long ago the Outlander and Lana were fleeing from Vaylin and they remain no match for Arcann.SCORPIO > Vaylin > Outlander? Interesting. mmmFleeing from one encounter and getting stomped in the next does not imply anything of the sort, all we have is Lana's opinion.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Didn't Lana directly say he couldn't like, two times?

One when he said Arcann was scared and the other on the nexus planet?
"I thought you were the only one who could face Arcann because of your capabilities " says otherwise. Besides, she said he wasn't afraid of you, not that you couldn't defeat him.

Nephthys
Room to grow sure, but we're not discussing the Outlander's potential.

The Outlander has a good while after chapter 8 to spread her wings and shake off the injuries and poisoning. Also I was just generally replying to your point.

Which is why it's not the point I'm making. The point I'm making is that Senya resorted to extreme measures to stop the Outlander fighting Vaylin.

And my counter-point still stands. The Outlander clearly wasn't at risk from Vaylin. Senya was there and she can take Vaylin herself. If the Outlander + Lana had remained, the 3 of them would have stomped Vaylin's ass into the ground. So Senya had no reason to try to protect the Outlander. She only wanted to try to convince Vaylin to join her and to defeat her safely.

Perhaps? But then not long ago the Outlander and Lana were fleeing from Vaylin and they remain no match for Arcann.

They ran when the Outlander was so debilitated from the carbon poisoning (and possibly electrocution) they could barely walk. And Arcann > Vaylin.

SCORPIO > Vaylin > Outlander? Interesting. mmm

SCORPIO is a boss. But she ain't better than the Outlander.

Fleeing from one encounter and getting stomped in the next does not imply anything of the sort, all we have is Lana's opinion.

The Outlander wasn't stomped by Arcann. I really doubt Senya would have done any better anyway. You want to see a stomp, go look at her fight with Heskal.

Kosmos Supreme
Heskal just snuck up and knocked her out from behind.

FreshestSlice
He jumped in her face and beat the **** out her with TK. She saw him coming and couldn't react fast enough.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.