RoTS Vader vs. RoTS Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel95
Instead of losing to Obi-Wan, Vader defeats his former master. Fully immersed in the dark side, Vader goes back to Coruscant to overthrow his master, Darth Sidious, and take control of the newly formed empire. He finds Sidious just after his battle with Yoda. Would he be able to kill the Emperor?

EmperorSidious2
Sidious. Anakin isn't powerful enough yet.

Rebel95
Probably not. He would need more training before he would be ready to overthrow Sidious. I was thinking if Sidious had been worn down by Yoda, and Vader fought him right after, it might be enough.

EmperorSidious2
I would think Sidious would just immediantly burst out with his force powers if that were the case just to end it or put Anakin down so he can manipulate him again into being an obedient apprentice.

quanchi112
Sidious wins though rots Vader's mobility isn't severely limited as it was later on in the suit.

Rebel95
How much more training you think he would need until he'd be able to overthrow Sidious?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rebel95
How much more training you think he would need until he'd be able to overthrow Sidious? No suit or with suit ?

Rebel95
No suit. If he hadn't lost to Kenobi. I read somewhere that he planned to betray Sidious once he learned how to save Padme.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rebel95
No suit. If he hadn't lost to Kenobi. I read somewhere that he planned to betray Sidious once he learned how to save Padme. He'd probably need a good solid five years of training.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by quanchi112
He'd probably need a good solid five years of training.

5 years is pretty steep. I mean consider the difference between AOTCs Anakin and ROTS Anakin. Easily went from a good swordsman to one of the most gifted in the Order's 25,000 year history in the span of 2 years.

NTJack0
Anakin loses pretty handily, but he puts up a good fight unless Sidious feels like ragdolling him.

Given a few years of training, Anakin would wipe the floor with him.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Lord Stark
5 years is pretty steep. I mean consider the difference between AOTCs Anakin and ROTS Anakin. Easily went from a good swordsman to one of the most gifted in the Order's 25,000 year history in the span of 2 years. And he still lost to Kenobi so he'd need more time to defeat the emperor who was on another tier than Kenobi.

Darth Thor
Think everyone's forgetting/ignoring the stips here.

Anakin's fully embraced the Dark Side (so no conflict), and Sidious has just faced Yoda. I'd say Anakin wins under these specific stips.

Otherwise under fair circumstances yeah Anakin would get ragdolled. Was probably another year or 2 away from being able to defeat Sidious in a fair 1 v 1 straight up combat.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Think everyone's forgetting/ignoring the stips here.

Anakin's fully embraced the Dark Side (so no conflict), and Sidious has just faced Yoda. I'd say Anakin wins under these specific stips.

Otherwise under fair circumstances yeah Anakin would get ragdolled. Was probably another year or 2 away from being able to defeat Sidious in a fair 1 v 1 straight up combat. It doesn't matter whether there's a conflict or not. Palpatine is clearly better in all phases of the game.

carthage
Vader can press him in sabers, but he loses force and all out

quanchi112
Originally posted by carthage
Vader can press him in sabers, but he loses force and all out Vader isn't beating him in sabers at that stage of his game.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.