Midnighter Vs Shang-Chi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack M
http://i63.tinypic.com/11r4vvm.jpg

vs

http://i64.tinypic.com/hvusy9.jpg

Mindset
Midnighter.

RadZoa
Midnighter beats Shang's ass worse than the Gorgon did

riv6672
Shang would stymie that box in mMidnighter's head quite nicely.
Just a series of
You lose
You lose
You lose
You lose
You lose
You lose
You lose
You lose
You lose
In every scenario it conceives.

StiltmanFTW
So, what exactly did Hickman, I mean Tony, do to upgrade Shang-Chi?

riv6672
I'm going off his portrayals since 1973. Unless his arms and legs have been chopped off by Hickman, you mean Tony, he has this fight. thumb up

panthergod
Shang wins.

abhilegend
Midnighter wrecks him.

riv6672
^^^Ah. So Shang Chi did get his arms and legs chopped off. Sad.

abhilegend
Yes, he would get his arms and legs choppy off. By midnighter.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by abhilegend
Midnighter wrecks him.

You just said in the other thread that Shang is Nightwing lv.

And even in pure hth, Dick performed more than good enough against MN. And unlike with Dick, MN has zero knowledge about Shang's moves.

deathslash
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You just said in the other thread that Shang is Nightwing lv.

And even in pure hth, Dick performed more than good enough against MN. And unlike with Dick, MN has zero knowledge about Shang's moves. also shang has techniques that take him up to spider-man's level of speed and hulk level durability.

abhilegend
Here Shang doesn't has knowledge about Midnighter either.

And he's on Dick's level in MA. He doesn't has his unique mix of acrobatic skills and the martial arts.

StiltmanFTW

And he's on Dick's level in MA. He doesn't has his unique mix of acrobatic skills and the martial arts.

True, only basic knowledge.

Shang was once called the greatest MA, though. Back in his classic days.

abhilegend
Originally posted by deathslash
also shang has techniques that take him up to spider-man's level of speed and hulk level durability.
What? Hulk level durability?

baka

deathslash
What? Hulk level durability?

baka blocking a punched from a pissed off heroim. Oh, and I'd actually forgotten that he can also amp his attacks to a high enough level that he can send red hulk flying.

abhilegend
blocking a punched from a pissed off heroim. Oh, and I'd actually forgotten that he can also amp his attacks to a high enough level that he can send red hulk flying.
Batman has blocked punches from J'onn and Diana. He actually overpowered an amped Wonder Woman in h2h.

That doesn't makes him wonder woman level.

So can every MA. Rulk doesn't weighs that much.

deathslash
Batman has blocked punches from J'onn and Diana. He actually overpowered an amped Wonder Woman in h2h.

That doesn't makes him wonder woman level.

So can every MA. Rulk doesn't weighs that much. he weighs several hundred pounds. No only that, but ms. Marvel threw him at shang, meaning that no only did Shang stop red hulks forward momentum, he also reversed it and sent him flying face first into a mountain.

Zack M
Midnighter almost killed Martian Manhunter, defeated a Red Lantern, and has some awesome tech from God Garden.

StiltmanFTW
Manjobber keeps manjobbing.

"A" lantern? Did (s)he have a name?

Zack M
Your Manjobber is still above most top tiers in Marvel. Especially after Doomed. And it was a Red Lantern.

StiltmanFTW
Not really.

Good. Wolverine cut the shit out of an Elder God. Makes him abstract level, I guess. Wolverine vs. Presence thread coming soon.

Zack M
Yes, really. MM has a decent record in the DCnU.

Wolverine has always been abstract level, noob.

StiltmanFTW
"Decent" record = humiliated and beaten to a pulp by Superboy and Zod? Embarrassed by Star Girl? Almost killed by MN?

Guys posted lots of Nu Manjobber scans on KMC. Majority of them showed his manjobbing. Other than fighting JL for one splash page and helping Superman move Brainiac's spaceship, what has he done?

Zack M
"Decent" record = humiliated and beaten to a pulp by Superboy and Zod? Embarrassed by Star Girl? Almost killed by MN?

Guys posted lots of Nu Manjobber scans on KMC. Majority of them showed his manjobbing. Other than fighting JL for one splash page and helping Superman move Brainiac's spaceship, what has he done?

MM was weakened with Star Girl, I think.

MM has humilated Despero, fought Atrocitus, mind wiped the JLA, took on the JLA SOLO (one panel, but still), mind wiped Stormwatch, no sold Apollo, helped Superman lift Braniac's ship, etc... He has his share of high end feats that put most of Marvel's to shame.

Zack M
blocking a punched from a pissed off heroim. Oh, and I'd actually forgotten that he can also amp his attacks to a high enough level that he can send red hulk flying.

He should have used that against Gorgon.

RadZoa
he weighs several hundred pounds. No only that, but ms. Marvel threw him at shang, meaning that no only did Shang stop red hulks forward momentum, he also reversed it and sent him flying face first into a mountain. Yeah...blocking a punch from WW is about 1000x better than this piss poor feat

RadZoa
I love this, people will instantly use the highest showings for a character, in this case Shang Chi, but dismiss everything for the opposing character

I can't wait for the next Batman vs Shang Chi thread so we can see how far Bruce shoves his foot up Shang's ass

And and MN still wins, with ease

StiltmanFTW
"Dismiss everything"?

Nu MN barely has any appearances compared to Shang, ffs.

DarkSaint85
Does he have his beard spike??

Zack M
"Dismiss everything"?

Nu MN barely has any appearances compared to Shang, ffs.

He has enough to say he can compete. He's also superior to Grayson whom stalemated Batman.

StiltmanFTW
He has a weird way of showing that superiority...

Zack M
Grayson already said Midnighter was superior in a PURE HTH fight. The only reason Grayson lasted as long as he did was due to tech from Spyral.

Grayson does not have the battle computer or the speed feats of Midnighter.

StiltmanFTW
Grayson put a huge emphasis on the "probably" part when he said he probably wouldn't beat MN's ass in a fair duel.

Zack M
Yes, but he still resorted to tech that saved him. Plus, he doesn't have the speed feat of putting on his costume so fast that you didn't even notice or bullet timing feats.

RadZoa
It doesn't really matter, Nightwing stalemated Bruce which is a better feat than anything Shang has to offer.

deathslash
Originally posted by Zack M
He should have used that against Gorgon. this fight happen after his battle with gorgon.Originally posted by RadZoa
Yeah...blocking a punch from WW is about 1000x better than this piss poor feat midnighter has blocked a punch from wonder woman? Was she holding back? You do also realize that shang has blocked a punch from a bloodlusted heroim right?

riv6672

Well, given characters can learn as they go, and Midnighter usually points out his powers as he fights, basic knowledge is just fine.

Shang being NW level is just your opinion, which some here are indulging fir the sake of argument, not a fact, though i know you consider your opinions to BE facts.

Zack M
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Does he have his beard spike??

Got rid of that awhile ago.

DarkSaint85
Then he has no chance.

riv6672
'Nuff said!

Zack M
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Then he has no chance.

Nah, Midnighter has the classic look. thumb up

Zack M
this fight happen after his battle with gorgon. midnighter has blocked a punch from wonder woman? Was she holding back? You do also realize that shang has blocked a punch from a bloodlusted heroim right?

So?

And, I think he means Batman/WW. WW was bloodlust. Midnighter is above the likes of Batman.

riv6672
Feat dismissal. Nooice.

Zack M
Yeah, stop dismissing stuff.

riv6672
Hey, i'm just pointing out what you're doing guy.
If you want to get defensive about it, maybe on some level you realize its a crappy way to debate.
There are tons of feats i'd love to ignore on these boards, but thats not how it works.
Anyhow, my pick was, and still is, Shang Chi over Midnighter.
Almost 50 years of fairly consistent MA bad assery over heavy handed brawling an over hyped plot device in the head and a penchant for self advertising during battle.

riv6672
Dont expect me to go on for 7 pages saying so, though.

RadZoa
lol MA Badassery, Shang's feats are crap in comparison to top tier MA's in either Marvel or DC.

Zack M
Originally posted by riv6672
Hey, i'm just pointing out what you're doing guy.
If you want to get defensive about it, maybe on some level you realize its a crappy way to debate.
There are tons of feats i'd love to ignore on these boards, but thats not how it works.
Anyhow, my pick was, and still is, Shang Chi over Midnighter.
Almost 50 years of fairly consistent MA bad assery over heavy handed brawling an over hyped plot device in the head and a penchant for self advertising during battle.

Cool. I'm going with midnighter.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.