Campbells chicken soup commercial controversy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jesus McBurger
http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/52601-campbell-soup-leaves-bad-taste-in-believers-mouths
Because gay is a sin.

riv6672
That article just made me laugh. yes

Surtur
Honestly I find both sides of this silly. Just listening to the description of the commercial is asinine, but so is the article itself.

Kids also tend not to pay much attention to commercials unless there is some cool shit happening in it. If I was a kid and saw this I wouldn't be thinking "there is something fishy about those two guys". I honestly think I'd just think they were using Star Wars to make some kind of joke.

But those in the comments section are literally worried about this commercial damning people to hell and are saying things like if they don't boycott it then "evil" wins.

It's also silly to boycott this because I guarantee you 99% of companies that make ads are targeting straight and gay people alike, even if they don't put gays in a commercial. So if people want to boycott it they should then be looking for companies that specifically go on record as not supporting gays and not wanting gays to buy their products. A simple lack of gay men in ads means nothing.

Now I wouldn't actually advise anyone to buy Campbell's soup, but it has nothing to do with their ads. Just the fact you can go to the dollar store and get soup that tastes exactly the same for a lot less money.

Bashar Teg
the safest strategy toward offended fundamentalist christians is to ignore their whining.
if you're required to alienate multiple demographics in order to please one, it's not worth considering.

Robtard
"Campbell Soup Leaves Bad Taste in Believers' Mouths"

They were just upset at red cups and now soup. Good show.

The Ecks
Religious ****s

Surtur
Wait why were they upset at red cups? Is it because Satan is usually depicted as having red skin?

Jesus McBurger
Originally posted by Surtur
Wait why were they upset at red cups? Is it because Satan is usually depicted as having red skin?
Because it does not say merry christmas

Robtard
Starbucks Coffee cups this year are just red with a white lids (Christmas colors), when in prior years they had snowflakes and/or snowmen on them. You know, Jesus-stuff or something.

It took all of three seconds for the assclown known as Trump to jump of the religious-fever bandwagon: http://abc13.com/society/war-on-christmas-starbucks-vs-donald-trump/1078843/

http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/content/ktrk/images/cms/1078842_630x354.jpg

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Jesus McBurger
Because it does not say merry christmas

which of course means that they are attacking christmas and spitting on jesus and sucking satan's ****. that's how religious fundamentalist logic works.

Jesus McBurger
In this world starvation, war, child slavery, rape, dieseases, and terrible world economy and we are freaking the **** out because a cup is red? Wtf

Surtur
So that is why I always felt the need to worship Frosty the Snowman. Er I mean, Frosty the Snowgod.

draxx_tOfU
smh

A few years ago it was saying Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas

The Ecks
Everyone is so homophobic these days. I bet next thread will be about American girl dolls commercial.
Goodness..

Robtard
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
smh

Don't worry, they'll likely be "happy holiday" tears as well this year

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by Robtard
Don't worry, they'll likely be "happy holiday" tears as well this year

Can't wait to watch the asspain on Fox and friends lol

Bashar Teg
they love being hateful and resentful on christmas. it makes for a more perfect hypocrisy.

Surtur
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
smh

Well if you just say "Happy Holidays" then technically people don't know which holiday you want them to be happy about and then this leads to chaos.

draxx_tOfU
Well if you just say "Happy Holidays" then technically people don't know which holiday you want them to be happy about and then this leads to chaos.

Right, because saying Happy holidays in December clearly means that I'm referring to Labor Day.

I think it's because of the proximity of Xmas and new year, and if saying Happy holidays evolved into including Hanukkah or some other holiday, then good.

It really doesn't lead to chaos lol, just the paranoia of over sanctimonious people which is sad.

Bardock42

Chaos and Zombie Jesus and Vampire Buddha to eat your brains.

long pig
Good for op and his hubby.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.