Highest rated / Most popular TV Shows

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dreampanther
Interesting ratings on IMDB: (I looked mainly at the superhero type shows.)

Daredevil the highest (naturally wink ) at 8.9
Doctor Who at 8.8
The Flash at 8.3
Arrow at 8.1
Gotham at 8.0
Constantine and Agents of SHIELD at 7.5
Supergirl lowest at 6.3

Of course the ratings are open to interpretation, for instance Arrow is on Season 4 and was rated by 256 000 users, while Supergirl is on Episode 3 and was rated by only 12 000. Arrow would compare much better with, for instance, Supernatural at 8.6 from 257 000 users. And Constantine got dropped (30 000 users) while SHIELD (117 000 users) is still going strong despite having the same ratings.

I tend to agree with the quote that there are "Lies, damned lies and statistics" and my personal taste is often quite different. I got bored with Agent Carter and stopped watching, same with Constantine. I love Gotham because I think it has strong writers and interesting characters (I knew it wasn't going to be a typical superhero show, so I never tried to compare it with Flash or Arrow).

But I still find the ratings interesting.

ares834
http://www.imdb.com/search/title?num_votes=5000,&sort=user_rating,desc&title_type=tv_series

Breaking Bad is the highest rated. Well deserved. thumb up

wakkawakkawakka
Still think its a tad unfair to compare Daredevil to the rest of the superhero shows.

Dreampanther
Originally posted by ares834
http://www.imdb.com/search/title?num_votes=5000,&sort=user_rating,desc&title_type=tv_series

Breaking Bad is the highest rated. Well deserved. thumb up

And Ash vs Evil Dead at Number 5! laughing laughing laughing

Dreampanther
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Still think its a tad unfair to compare Daredevil to the rest of the superhero shows.

Hopefully Jessica Jones will raise the bar even further. From everything I've seen and read it's going to push the boundaries.

Arachnid1

Darth Thor
^ Sherlock's pretty high, which I've been meaning to watch but not got around to.

Surtur
I tend not to go by how people rate things, but the amount of people that regularly tune in for these shows.

As for Sherlock, I could never get into any of those shows. I wanted them after I'd watched the two Robert Downey Jr. Sherlock Holmes movies and now I'm set in my ways..that is the Sherlock and Watson I want to see.

Originally posted by Dreampanther
Hopefully Jessica Jones will raise the bar even further. From everything I've seen and read it's going to push the boundaries.

I hope the same, except replace "Jessica Jones" with "Iron Fist".

Dreampanther
Originally posted by Surtur
I hope the same, except replace "Jessica Jones" with "Iron Fist".

I've read they're having some difficulties with Iron Fist. Something about they are not really sure in which direction they want to take the character, with the focus on the martial arts or the mystical elements or the bromance with Cage, etc.

So until we get definite word they are going ahead I am just going to concentrate on the shows that have already been confirmed. I just wish somebody would look at Moon Knight - there is a character with a lot of potential.

Darth Thor
I tend not to go by how people rate things, but the amount of people that regularly tune in for these shows.

Well the measuring stick for that will be different for each show, as it will depend on the network it airs on.

Surtur
Originally posted by Dreampanther
I've read they're having some difficulties with Iron Fist. Something about they are not really sure in which direction they want to take the character, with the focus on the martial arts or the mystical elements or the bromance with Cage, etc.

So until we get definite word they are going ahead I am just going to concentrate on the shows that have already been confirmed. I just wish somebody would look at Moon Knight - there is a character with a lot of potential.

Why wouldn't they just go by what the character is like..which would mean martial arts with mystical elements on top of that.

I say why not focus on multiple things? You can do the bro mance and still have Danny as this chi channeling karate guy.

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Well the measuring stick for that will be different for each show, as it will depend on the network it airs on.

True and I've always found this amusing too. Like a revered show like Mad Men..the final season of Charmed(Season 8) did better ratings wise. For anyone who watched Charmed, especially the last season..go ahead and let that sink in for a moment.

Dreampanther
Why wouldn't they just go by what the character is like..which would mean martial arts with mystical elements on top of that.

I say why not focus on multiple things? You can do the bro mance and still have Danny as this chi channeling karate guy.

I agree - let's contact Marvel and tell them we'll do it, they just have to provide the budget. stick out tongue

Just for fun, who would you cast?

ares834
Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ Sherlock's pretty high, which I've been meaning to watch but not got around to.

It's great. Anything in the top twenty (at least as far as the ones I've seen which is most of them) is worth a watch.

wakkawakkawakka

As far as Danny is concerned, I'm not sure how much Marvel is willing to go concerning the mystical elements. While they are going ahead with Dr.Strange, they have all but avoided it with their other heroes.

Surtur
I guess I'd thought they had moved further along on those projects. I don't know who I'd cast, probably an unknown actor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.