Loki vs. Lizard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
Loki gets his staff from The Avengers plus his usual array of knives. Lizard (ASM) is immune to mind control.

Neither know anything about each other. Fight is in the middle of New York, both going for the kill, both not caring about collateral damage. Why are they fighting? Because Loki asked Lizard to kneel... which obviously didn't work out well.

Round 1: Loki gets full use of his powers and his staff (minus mind control)

Round 2. Loki still has his weapons but is limited to melee (no illusions or energy blasts from his staff - throwing knives still allowed)

Round 3: Loki fights Lizard in pure h2h

TheVaultDweller
Round 1 should go to Loki without that much hassle. He can use his illusions to have Lizard chasing his tail while Loki blasts him with the scepter. Lizard has really good healing, but a few of those blasts to the face in quick succession and not even he is going to be coming back from that.

Round 2 is more difficult. I have no doubt about the fact that the blade on Loki's scepter could cut Lizard, but he would basically need something like a decap to put him down. But on the flip side, I am not sure if Lizard's claws could do more than minor damage to Loki. He has gone through metal and concrete with those claws, but Loki has withstood forces that would also pulverise even metal or concrete before. So ultimately I think Loki wins here as well, after a very hard fight.

Round 3 I would probably call a stalemate, as I do not see how Loki is going to hurt Lizard with nothing but his fists but, as previously mentioned, I really don't know if Lizard could seriously hurt Loki in return. Loki has taken everything from bullets to energy blasts to giant explosions to assaults by beings significantly stronger than Lizard, and none of that did any lasting damage to him.

quanchi112
Loki wins.

Newjak
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Round 1 should go to Loki without that much hassle. He can use his illusions to have Lizard chasing his tail while Loki blasts him with the scepter. Lizard has really good healing, but a few of those blasts to the face in quick succession and not even he is going to be coming back from that.

Round 2 is more difficult. I have no doubt about the fact that the blade on Loki's scepter could cut Lizard, but he would basically need something like a decap to put him down. But on the flip side, I am not sure if Lizard's claws could do more than minor damage to Loki. He has gone through metal and concrete with those claws, but Loki has withstood forces that would also pulverise even metal or concrete before. So ultimately I think Loki wins here as well, after a very hard fight.

Round 3 I would probably call a stalemate, as I do not see how Loki is going to hurt Lizard with nothing but his fists but, as previously mentioned, I really don't know if Lizard could seriously hurt Loki in return. Loki has taken everything from bullets to energy blasts to giant explosions to assaults by beings significantly stronger than Lizard, and none of that did any lasting damage to him. I think this reflects my feelings on the scenarios pretty well.

ShadowFyre

Round 3 I would probably call a stalemate, as I do not see how Loki is going to hurt Lizard with nothing but his fists but, as previously mentioned, I really don't know if Lizard could seriously hurt Loki in return. Loki has taken everything from bullets to energy blasts to giant explosions to assaults by beings significantly stronger than Lizard, and none of that did any lasting damage to him.

Im going with this. Great assessment. If Lizard actually had an animal mindset he would take round 3 because Loki likes to brag and talk and ferocity and viciousness could win.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Newjak
I think this reflects my feelings on the scenarios pretty well. If you agree lizard can't defeat him physically then you'd say Loki wins a war of attrition. Loki doesn't lose a single matchup.

ShadowFyre

Im going with this. Great assessment. If Lizard actually had an animal mindset he would take round 3 because Loki likes to brag and talk and ferocity and viciousness could win.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.