Morlun Vs Grodd

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w344/riv6672/image_zpsl7mddsx7.jpg

No prep. No BFR.
Well fed Morlun to start. No speed force for Grodd.

http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w344/riv6672/image_zpsttnajl5v.jpg

Zack M
Does Morlun have defense against telepathy?

riv6672
I was wondering that myself.
If he does, can he curb stomp Grodd? If he doesnt, would it be enough for a Grodd win?
See, this is why i thought it'd be a good fight, Zack.

DarkSaint85
No one has ever used telepathy against Morlun, so unable to say.

However, he DOES amp off animal totems and characters that are based on animals.

So Grodd SHOULD be a feast for him.

We already know how insanely durable Morlun is (vs Wakanda) against physical harm.

Based on that, I say Morlun wins handily.

carver9
Yeah, I dont think this is a fair fight for Grodd. He'll be on the run like Parker was.

riv6672
Thanks, DS. thumb up

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, what DS said - we have no idea how Morlun would fare against TP.

That's Grodd's only way of stopping him.

Surtur
Originally posted by carver9
Yeah, I dont think this is a fair fight for Grodd. He'll be on the run like Parker was.

Grodd has a power that Morlun has never shown a specific defense against and this is not a fair fight for Grodd?

You see the fact that nobody has ever telepathically attacked Morlun doesn't mean Morlun can shrug off a telepathic attack. What it actually means is we have no reason to believe he has any specific telepathic resistance.

So if it has been established Morlun has never shown any kind of mental defenses..the next question becomes "How good is Grodd with telepathy?". He is no Prof. X, but he's no slouch either.

I agree that if Grodd had to only use physical force to achieve victory he could not win. Though Grodd is hilariously more durable then Spiderman. At least pre nuDC Grodd is.

8swords
Originally posted by Surtur
Grodd has a power that Morlun has never shown a specific defense against and this is not a fair fight for Grodd?

You see the fact that nobody has ever telepathically attacked Morlun doesn't mean Morlun can shrug off a telepathic attack. What it actually means is we have no reason to believe he has any specific telepathic resistance.

So if it has been established Morlun has never shown any kind of mental defenses..the next question becomes "How good is Grodd with telepathy?". He is no Prof. X, but he's no slouch either.

I agree that if Grodd had to only use physical force to achieve victory he could not win. Though Grodd is hilariously more durable then Spiderman. At least pre nuDC Grodd is.

that is the real question here. but what is the ruling on this?

and also, morlun and his family are life force vampires, dont think there much to do durability wise, i mean solus did suck CU parker life force

Mindset
Morlun is either beaten by telepathy or he rips Grodd in half.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Mindset
Morlun is either beaten by telepathy or he rips Grodd in half.

This.

Surtur
Originally posted by 8swords
that is the real question here. but what is the ruling on this?

and also, morlun and his family are life force vampires, dont think there much to do durability wise, i mean solus did suck CU parker life force

I can't see why we'd attribute telepathic defenses to someone who hasn't shown any. Morlun isn't a robot, he has a mind.

As for durability, yeah it won't help against a life force drain. I was just talking more about how it wouldn't be easy for Morlun to physically beat Grodd to death. It can be done, just not easily. Flash has hit Grodd 3,000 times to no effect, and Grodd has had his blood turned to acid and come back from it.

StiltmanFTW
Morlun is very likely to have great TP defenses, but... without a single feat of this type, he's useless in the message boards battles against telepaths.

As for durability, yeah it won't help against a life force drain. I was just talking more about how it wouldn't be easy for Morlun to physically beat Grodd to death. It can be done, just not easily. Flash has hit Grodd 3,000 times to no effect, and Grodd has had his blood turned to acid and come back from it.

Depends if Morlun toys with him or not - he has shredded that Wakandan net made out of adamantium, after all. And Ezekiel said he'd do the same to his underground bunker (which was partially encased with adamantium).

Surtur
It depends on the telepath really when it comes to him being useless against them. Not all telepaths can directly control or attack your mind.

StiltmanFTW
Of course.

Mindset
I was just talking more about how it wouldn't be easy for Morlun to physically beat Grodd to death. It would be easy.

riv6672
It depends on the telepath really when it comes to him being useless against them. Not all telepaths can directly control or attack your mind.
Grodd can, though, pretty well, really.

I thought about this today, but its already been touched on in those who have said that just because someone's never been exposed to TP doesnt mean the person has defenses against it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.