Spiderman vs Doctor Doom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

thecomedian2
Spyderman(symbiote suit)
http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/image-base/Movies/S/Spiderman_3/spiderman_3_movie_image__5_1.jpg

vs

Doctor Doom(Rise of SS)
http://images.static-bluray.com/reviews/81_4.jpg

Random encounter, Morals OFF, Kill is ON

TheVaultDweller
So I assume you mean Doom with the board, considering you specifically mention it being the 2nd film's version? If that is the case, I don't see how Spiderman would even get close enough to mount an offense. It took Johnny wielding the combined powers of the FF, while knowing what he was up against, to defeat that Doom.

carthage
Doom on the board was shattering mountains, tearing apart parts of Skyscrapers, and shattered a portion of the Great wall iirc.

Peter gets imploded

FrothByte
Even without the board, I don't see how Spidey can take out Doom.

Utrigita
Originally posted by FrothByte
Even without the board, I don't see how Spidey can take out Doom.

thumb up

KingD19
Normal Doom is too much indeed. Thing level stats, or close enough to them. As well as the ability to spam lightning indefinitely.

BruceSkywalker
Dom stomps

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by KingD19
Normal Doom is too much indeed. Thing level stats, or close enough to them. As well as the ability to spam lightning indefinitely.

Would have been interesting if the filmmakers had let him develop those powers in the story more. Based on how he was also affecting metal objects initially, it appears that with practice, he might have been able to get a mini Magneto thing going. But that would have made him a bit too overpowered.

One thing that was always odd to me about that first film was that Doom seemed so afraid to make sure Ben was out of the picture, but when they actually fought one-on-one he kicked Thing's ass. laughing

KingD19
Didn't he only kick his ass after screwing with his powers? Using that same thing Reed was using to try and contain Johnny's supernova? Like that seemed to even them out. Unless I'm misremembering.

TheVaultDweller
Well, they never fought beforehand that I can recall. But yeah, Reed first tries the machine, but it goes wrong and he becomes like a wet noodle. Doom convinces Thing to help him and amps himself in the process. So might be that the amp, like you said, that did it. But that actually begs the question, how the hell did Ben re-Thing himself after the rest went after Doom? Doom himself had to pour some of his power into the machine initially before it started working on Thing the first time IIRC. But one moment he was sad Ben sitting on a knocked over shelf, next he is busting through Doom's walls.

KingD19
Maybe it was only temporary in taking away/dampening powers?

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by KingD19
Maybe it was only temporary in taking away/dampening powers?

If it was, it was the most convenient timing ever. laughing

I admit I am still a bit thrown by the OP. There is no way in hell Spiderman was going to win this. Hell, you could throw in all of his rogues and it wouldn't make a difference against cosmic Doom.

KingD19
The only Spidey Rogue who could have possibly done something was Electro, and even that's sketchy as Doom appeared to be immune to electricity and could just absorb any coming his way.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, I don't think Electro would do anything other than amp Doom up. He seemed to have some kind of lightning/electricity immunity along with his absorbing abilities, or his powers should actually have messed himself up badly, considering Torch's nova flames was the only thing that damaged him, and lightning bolts can reach temperatures of up to roughly 5 times the surface temperature of the sun.

Placidity
Doom never amped himself with the machine. He powered it for Ben by shooting lightning into it because Reed was never able to find a power source strong enough (which also says much about how much energy Doom can generate).

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller

One thing that was always odd to me about that first film was that Doom seemed so afraid to make sure Ben was out of the picture, but when they actually fought one-on-one he kicked Thing's ass. laughing

Likely he didn't know about his own strength. He has seen however what Ben could do, so better safe than sorry. Ben is also the one Doom probably wasn't sure how to take out due to his high durability.

TheVaultDweller
I haven't watched the film in a while, so I am going to take your word for it. But yeah, that then is actually a really decent feat showing how much power Doom can generate.

That makes sense. If you get past the flames and shields/invisibility, Johnny and Sue are still just human, and Doom showed that he knew exactly what needed to be done to counter Reed. But it is hard to plan for the giant rock man that can trash compact a Porsche with his bare hands in a few seconds.

thecomedian2
its Regular Doctor Doom, not the one on the board.

Arachnid1
I don't see Spidey being able to hurt Doom in anyway. Doom should take this

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by thecomedian2
its Regular Doctor Doom, not the one on the board.

Well, as others pointed out, Doom still wins eventually. If hits from Ben weren't hurting him, Peter sure as shit isn't going to manage it.

golem370
He also withstood Nova Blast with no damage.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.