Blizzard's Overwatch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
You thought if Blizzard made a new IP, it'd be another strategy game but instead it'll be a first person shooter this time around.

FqnKB22pOC0

dushZybUYnM

UEYp1RTvllM

Overwatch will be on Xbox One, PS4, and PC.

Release date is unknown but some say will be out before June 21st.

Demonic Phoenix
3lomug7cchQ

nrAEZqYumZY

(playlist where he goes over some of the characters: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzh9q1V1SJApQgT1bvcmbHTBdX7x5WV8X)

I dislike FPS Multiplayer, but this game looks very interesting to me.

Kazenji
FPS Multiplayer only...no thanks, I get that's where Blizzard is having their success these days with MMO's & Battle arena game.

Nemesis X
For a multiplayer only game, Blizzard better provide a crap ton of modes to justify that $60 price tag that's for sure. Overwatch looks awesome that I would offer spending hours playing and I would be pretty fricking disappointed if this became another issue like Battlefront.

The console versions, btw, are called Origins Edition and it comes with codes to get free stuff like a pet for WoW, a playable character for Heroes of the Storm, gear for Diablo III, portraits for StarCraft II and a card pack for Hearthstone all Overwatch themed.

Great. Stuff for games I can't even play.

BackFire
I'm in the beta.

I really haven't been very impressed. It's something like a combination of Team Fortress, with having various classes to choose form, and Quake 3 or UT. The result feels muddled and unfocused. Partly trying to appeal to a casual audience with the Team Fortress style class selection and simplicity while also trying to have an E-sports level learning curve.

I'm not really sure what they're going for with it. It doesn't really feel casual friendly, nor does it feel as E-sport-ish as something like Starcraft 2 or CS:GO.

So I dunno, I don't see it being particularly big.

Kazenji
I don't mind FPS Multiplayer's because i played Quake 3 or UT, But at least with those two those had a offline mode with bots and i'm sure this one won't have that. Something FPS with Multiplayer that are lacking these days.

Nemesis X
http://www.polygon.com/2015/12/7/9864448/overwatch-will-receive-additional-heroes-and-maps-for-free

Even though the game is priced, downloadable maps and characters will be free post launch. Pretty cool of Blizzard actually.

Nemesis X
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-12-11-overwatch-interview

If only EA and Ubisoft felt the same way. Gah.

Smasandian
Because Activision is a such glowing example of a good company.

Nemesis X
Isn't Blizzard both developer and publisher of the game? And say Activision is in charge, why would they allow free DLC?

Edit: Oh, so Activision and Blizzard did a merger. Forgot about that. Regardless, it doesn't seem the Activision half is in charge.

Smasandian
You are probably right.

But like car dealerships offering 0% financing. They are probably just putting the price of the free DLC somewhere into the game.

Or, it could be the case that they had to offer free updates because other games like it already do so and they would need to compete. In the end, Activision is going to get there cash somehow.

Or they could just be nice guys.

Nemesis X
Everything but the cosmetics will be free so there's still some form of micro payment. Like TF2 with it's hats.

Smasandian
TF2 allows micro-transactions with weapons as well.

Surtur
See this is why I hate online games. This game looks like it could of been an awesome Borderlands type game, but they had to just make it multiplayer.

Nemesis X
Sucks it doesn't have a campaign but at least the game's consumer friendly which is more than anyone can say for most other FPS multiplayers. You know the ones I'm talking about.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Surtur
This game looks like it could of been an awesome Borderlands type game

Why

Nemesis X
41DLNBzp68Q

Nemesis X
Release date is set. Overwatch will be coming out on May 24th.

Nemesis X
There will be an open beta across PC/XBOX/PS4 starting May 5th.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/overwatch-release-date-xbox-oneps4pc-open-beta-ann/1100-6435430/

Arachnid1
This game is actually pretty fun

Smasandian
Tried it and I didn't like it. Just a "fancy" TF2 without the amazing feedback that game had. Also, classes had balance because I was playing Widowmaker and not once did I fear somebody was going to kill me. Hell, the ****ing game gives a grappling hook to get to hard to reach places and a area of effect weapon.....it's kind of dumb. When I shot somebody, I had no idea how much damage I gave the person or if I got a crit. It didn't even feel like I killed the guy.

TF2 is ****ton better than this game.

Something is off with the gunplay

Inhuman
Originally posted by Arachnid1
This game is actually pretty fun

thumb up

ares834
Anyone get this?

I've been thinking about picking it up.

NemeBro
Originally posted by ares834
Anyone get this?

I've been thinking about picking it up. I have it. Game's really fun.

Don't play Bastion unless you're a phaggot.

Sacred Fire
Originally posted by NemeBro
I have it. Game's really fun.

Don't play Bastion unless you're a phaggot.

uxO8AqZcekk

Inhuman
PC master race version reporting in

Zack Fair
PS4, but Ill get it on PC when I fix my pc.

PS4 id is hybrid_snake_v2

Game is fun as all ****

Quincy
This is a fun game

Zack Fair
Damn right it is.

And it is pretty balanced. People just need to learn the game, matchups and counter picks.

Who's everyone's fav. char and why?

Mine is Widow Maker because I just love sniping and having an assault/sniper rifle hybrid feels so good. Basically combining my 2 fav. guntypes in shooters. Widow Maker's hook is a lot of fun too. WM's Super is also such a nice passive/support ultimate.

Sacred Fire
Gameplay-wise, I'm not really sure who I'd call my "favorite", or if I really have one. Lore-wise (or just on a personal level rather), I'd probably say Zenyatta just because he's such a bro. big grin

Edit: Just checked my profile. Incidently, Zenyetta is my most played character. haermm

Zack Fair
A lot of the designs are appealing too. Fav. doesn't have to be exclusive to gameplay.

I like Robo Sim. he is probably the busiest class in OW. I like Mcree too.

Kindda like everyone really, but have only tried like half the cast.

What chars interest but have yet to play?

I'm thinking of trying Phara, Junk Rat and da teleporter chick

Sacred Fire
Not sure yet. I tried Widowmaker, but I'm not sure I really like playing her that much. I'm thinking I'll try another defensive character to replace her as secondary, like Junkrat or Mei.

Ridley_Prime
Out of the support types, I like Symmetra best if you're on defense (those sentry turrets and everything), Zenyatta if you're on attack (those orbs man), and a little Mercy somewhere in between.

For tanks, D.va, Roadhog, and one or two others.

Defense class, Widowmaker (great for sniping Bastion and other turrets), Torbjorn, Mei, Hanzo.

And for attack, Pharah, Reaper, and McCree. There's Soldier 76 too, even though he's your typical Call of Duty type character. Tracer is cancer.

Zack Fair
I tried Torbjorn last night and he was so much fun.

Tracer is annoying as ****. All I do is simply turn my back and run away. Too much of a hassle to put her down if you don't have any stun moves like Mcree/Roadhog.

Robo Sim is awesome man. People say he needs some kind of buff, but I'd be careful with that. Same with D.VA.

Sacred Fire
"Robo Sim?"

NemeBro
Offense: Genji is my favorite, and he is overwhelmingly my most played and favorite character overall.

Defense: Hanzo

Tank: Reinhardt and Winston, depends on situation.

Support: Lucio

Sacred Fire
In that case...

Offense: McCree and Genji. (Still learning Genji, tbh.)

Defense: Hanzo. (Still trying to determine a secondary.)

Tank: Winston and Zarya. (I too use them situationally.)

Support: Zenyatta. (Obviously, but I do sometimes play Lucio for variety's sake.)

Nemesis X
Offense: Genji

Defense: Symmetra and Widowmaker

Tank: Zarya and Reinhardt

Support: Mercy

Inhuman
My faves are Junkrat, Widowmaker, Lucio, McCree, Soldier 76, Pharah, Reaper, Hanzo and Mei.

All the characters are good though, if you take the time to learn how to play them.

Originally posted by Zack Fair

Tracer is annoying as ****. All I do is simply turn my back and run away. Too much of a hassle to put her down if you don't have any stun moves like Mcree/Roadhog.

I hear that Tarcer is annoying in the console versions.
In PC , shes a minor annoyance than can be put down fairly easy when you focus on her.

NemeBro
Anyone here who plays McCree needs to buy a gun and kill themselves until he is nerfed. thumb down

Sacred Fire
Anyone here who plays McCree needs to buy a gun and kill themselves until he is nerfed. thumb down

Or I could just kill the naysayers. 131

In all seriousness though, why him? There are honestly much worse characters (IMO), and I can't recall any particular problems I've ever had going against him. confused

NemeBro
Originally posted by Sacred Fire
Or I could just kill the naysayers. 131

In all seriousness though, why him? There are honestly much worse characters (IMO), and I can't recall any particular problems I've ever had going against him. confused He is far and away the best offense character in the game, with only Lucio comparing to him overall.

His standard right click does enough damage to kill almost every non-tank twice over with body shots. It does enough damage to kill Zarya, admittedly the squishiest tank, with one press of the button. He can instantly reload and do it again by rolling. That does enough damage to kill Roadhog with body shots.

He is so strong that professional teams run multiple McCrees. Because why would you use Reaper or Soldier 76 when you could just have another McCree?

Who do you think is worse?

Sacred Fire
He is far and away the best offense character in the game, with only Lucio comparing to him overall.

His standard right click does enough damage to kill almost every non-tank twice over with body shots. It does enough damage to kill Zarya, admittedly the squishiest tank, with one press of the button. He can instantly reload and do it again by rolling. That does enough damage to kill Roadhog with body shots.

He is so strong that professional teams run multiple McCrees. Because why would you use Reaper or Soldier 76 when you could just have another McCree?

Who do you think is worse?

I'm not sure what you mean by that considering they're completely different classes.

I don't have it on PC, so I'm not sure what right click functions as (primary or secondary fire). Could you please elaborate? For now, I'll assume you mean secondary fire. In which case, I can see your point, but at the same time I've never really struggled against it.

I won't argue that these characters are worse from a technical or "professional" standpoint, but I've had much worse personal experiences (a few of which featured McCree) with Bastion, Torbjorn, and Tracer. I'm sure just from that you can already guess what they had in common.

Either way, I understand what you're saying. I guess we just don't share it as a problem. shrug

NemeBro
I'm not sure what you mean by that considering they're completely different classes.

I don't have it on PC, so I'm not sure what right click functions as (primary or secondary fire). Could you please elaborate? For now, I'll assume you mean secondary fire. In which case, I can see your point, but at the same time I've never really struggled against it.

I won't argue that these characters are worse from a technical or "professional" standpoint, but I've had much worse personal experiences (a few of which featured McCree) with Bastion, Torbjorn, and Tracer. I'm sure just from that you can already guess what they had in common.

Either way, I understand what you're saying. I guess we just don't share it as a problem. shrug By overall, I meant that even ignoring class differences, only Lucio rivals McCree in overall power.

Yes, it's his fan the hammer. Its damage is frankly insanely ridiculous, considering how unconditional and easy it is to land. A flashbang > fan the hammer > combat roll > fan the hammer kills any character in the game with no counter play. It does too much damage. Nerfplz.

Bastion is pretty easy to deal with once you learn how to counter him. Genji hard counters him, Pharah ****s with him, snipers eat him alive, Roadhog easily singles him out and kills him, etc. Bastion needs a lot of support to stay alive to put out his DPS.

McCree's fan the hammer needs a huge nerf. There is no reason it has to do so much damage it can literally kill any non-tank hero with a single press of a button.

Nephthys
Its not too bad. Hanzo can kill 2 people at once with his scattershot from max health.

Zack Fair
I dislike nerfs.

Sacred Fire
By overall, I meant that even ignoring class differences, only Lucio rivals McCree in overall power.

Yes, it's his fan the hammer. Its damage is frankly insanely ridiculous, considering how unconditional and easy it is to land. A flashbang > fan the hammer > combat roll > fan the hammer kills any character in the game with no counter play. It does too much damage. Nerfplz.

Bastion is pretty easy to deal with once you learn how to counter him. Genji hard counters him, Pharah ****s with him, snipers eat him alive, Roadhog easily singles him out and kills him, etc. Bastion needs a lot of support to stay alive to put out his DPS.

McCree's fan the hammer needs a huge nerf. There is no reason it has to do so much damage it can literally kill any non-tank hero with a single press of a button.

Okay, but I'm still not sure how. Quite frankly, Zenyatta seems more powerful (offensively anyways) than Lucio. I've dropped tanks and non- with near the same efficiency you describe for McCree. I can't say the same for Lucio.

Then yeah, I definitely understand what you mean. I wouldn't say it needs a HUGE nerf, but speaking from experience, he probably shouldn't be able to shred Winston that easily. Then again, he has a similar problem with Reaper, which is only fair really, and I've still managed to deal with both of them despite that. Though, as far as counterplay is concerned, I figure Zarya counters the f**k out of it. Barrier yourself or an assailed ally and he's left with little other choice but to feed you damage or back off.

Yeah, I figured that out. It was just f**king annoying doing so. It just seems like such a ***** move on his part, and I kinda feel bad saying that considering it seems like practically the only thing he's good at.

Overall, he may or may not get nerfed, but I don't think it would be too significant. I think they've actually done a great job for the most part balancing the roster.

Originally posted by Nephthys
Its not too bad. Hanzo can kill 2 people at once with his scattershot from max health.

This is true.

Zack Fair
Thing about Mcree and Lucio is they are easy to use effectively IMO. Dat Y Lucio so good. You literally run next to people and cure dem just by being next to dem

If they nerf fan the hammer they better buff something else.

Sacred Fire
Thing about Mcree and Lucio is they are easy to use effectively IMO. Dat Y Lucio so good. You literally run next to people and cure dem just by being next to dem

If they nerf fan the hammer they better buff something else.

On the latter, we agree. That's what I mean by describing the roster as being generally well balanced. For every area someone excels, there's inevitably another where they're kind of f**led. That is to say taking anything away while giving nothing back in this game would basically render them impotent.

Tzeentch
Even if the damage of Fan the Hammer got an insane nerf like half it's original damage, McCree would still be a powerful hero with no real drawbacks- he just wouldn't be as clearly a step above all the other offensive heroes.

In any case, Blizz has stated that they're essentially only lowering its damage enough that he can't shred tanks. He still has his flashbang and he'll still be able to burst down any =< 200 health character in the game.

Inhuman
Meh.

I dont run with pro MLG pre made groups but McCree doesnt bother me.
If he is on the opposing team he probably gets 1 or 2 stun fan kills on me the whole game. He is easy to counter. He is only effective if he gets close.

If im Widowmaker, he is basically a free easy kill.
Pharah destroys him from the air.
Junkrat keeps him at bay pretty easy.
Raodhog owns him with his auto aim hook and shotgun to face
A good Soldier76 can out mid-range him.
Genji deflects his flash bang.

McCree is only effective if you dont see him coming. He almost becomes a non factor with a widow on your team. With her picking him off easy or with her Ult , letting you know where he is.

Also his ULT is probably tied for worst in the game. Its pretty much useless in every situation besides playing against noobs.
Once he hits it , the whole opposing team either hides from it because they have plenty of time to do so. Or mow him down before he gets the skull icons on more than 1 person.

I dont really give a fuq if they nerf him but as it stands he doesnt bother me too much and is easy to deal with if you dont play like a retard. Maybe this is more of an issue in the MLG circuit. I think maybe just add more cooldown time to his stun.
lol he will be even more useless (beside the sneak on you kills) with a shitty ULT.

The shit that does bother me is Hanzos bullshit arrow hitbox. That needs to be fixed stat.

rlMLqo63E-I

Zack Fair
I saw the hitbox on dat arrow and its dumb.

Newjak
Love this game. I main Reinhardt

NemeBro
Okay, but I'm still not sure how. Quite frankly, Zenyatta seems more powerful (offensively anyways) than Lucio. I've dropped tanks and non- with near the same efficiency you describe for McCree. I can't say the same for Lucio.

He is, but who gives a ****? You don't take a support for their damage, and Zenyatta is bar none the worst support. He is probably the easiest hero to kill in the game, with only 150 health while also being extremely slow. Only Tracer has that little health (well so does D.Va outside of her mech), and she benefits from having extremely high mobility and a get out of jail free card.

You can legitimately kill Zenyatta with a single full power body shot from Widowmaker, and considering how slow he is it isn't hard to do so.

Reaper can 1v1 Winston, but he can't easily burst him down with a full rotation like McCree can. Nor can he stun him to keep him from escaping.

Zarya is probably the only hero that can't be 1v1 bursted down by McCree without any real thought on his part (well, he has to angle his flash bang over Reinhardt's shield to hit him) if her shield is up. But he can still literally 100-0 her with a single fan the hammer. He can literally 100-0 a tank (even if she is the squishiest tank) with a single button press that isn't his ultimate. I can't think of a single other hero that can do that.

He is getting nerf, confirmed. Because he's far and away the best offense, to the extent that there is little real value in picking other offense heroes when you could just have another McCree on your team. He is a hero with no weaknesses.

Hanzo is bad though, and doing that is far less reliable than using your secondary fire on McCree.

NemeBro

If they nerf fan the hammer they better buff something else. Lucio is too good because he has more utility than any other support.

He has:
- decent damage for a support with his main gun
- A knockback on his secondary fire
- A speed buff aura and a healing aura on a toggle, sharing one ability
- The ability to increase the effectiveness of those auras
- Very solid mobility for a support
- The highest survivability for a support
- A huge team-wide shield buff with his ultimate that makes trying to team fight his team nearly impossible

He's just a champion who has no real weaknesses for his class, and quite a few strengths.

He's not as bad as McCree because there is at least more value in picking other supports like Mercy or, depending on the situation, Symmetra (though I'd want to have a healer on my team if Symmetra was there regardless), but it's a matter of his kit being inherently powerful.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Inhuman
Meh.

I dont run with pro MLG pre made groups but McCree doesnt bother me.
If he is on the opposing team he probably gets 1 or 2 stun fan kills on me the whole game. He is easy to counter. He is only effective if he gets close.

If he is so easy to counter, why do players who are considerably better than you, me, or anyone we play with having so much trouble doing so when he's played at a high level that they choose to run multiple McCrees, rather than another offensive hero?

Also, you might be confusing McCree for Reaper. Reaper is only effective if he gets close. McCree's primary fire is accurate and powerful from medium to long range.

Every non-tank is a free kill if they are out in the open and you land your head shot (you have to head shot McCree to kill him in one shot). Do not confuse me stating (correctly) that McCree is overpowered means that he is invincible. He has weaknesses inherent to the offense class, but all offense heroes have those weaknesses. He has no significant weaknesses specific to him, except I guess a relative lack of mobility.

Pharah is one of the most predictable characters in the game. Her flight makes her very easy to shoot out of the sky, and she can do no damage if you are in cover, unless she wants to walk into the building and try to man fight McCree. Which would be a bad idea.

If McCree were trying to force himself through a choke point

If he lands it from far range, McCree isn't stunned by the time he gets next to Roadhog and he proceeds to flashbang > fan the hammer > roll > fan the hammer if he's good, killing the Roadhog.

If it's close range... well I mean, flash bang is much easier to land than the hook, and comes out faster.

Probably, but McCree dominates him long or short range. Funnily enough, the damage fall-off by range on Soldier 76's assault rifle is higher than McCree's pistol. McCree's pistol is also more accurate.

Just throw it at his feet you shitter. The fun thing about McCree's flashbang is that there's no skill required. You don't need to actually hit it. If it explodes in front of him it still stuns him.

Nah, sorry bud, but you play with shitters and probably are one yourself. I also shit on most McCrees, because most McCrees are dumb shitters, because most people are dumb shitters. He's still the best offense hero in the game, and one of the best heroes in general.

It's not among the best like Lucio, Symmetra, or Zarya's ults, but it can still zone an entire team and can be used to quickly pick off one or two people.

Are you actually implying that you think that McCree is useless right now, lol?

He's already one of the weaker heroes in the game, being essentially just a shittier version of Widowmaker. As wonky as that hitbox is, he needs buff before he needs nerfs.

Inhuman
If he is so easy to counter, why do players who are considerably better than you, me, or anyone we play with having so much trouble doing so when he's played at a high level that they choose to run multiple McCrees, rather than another offensive hero?

Also, you might be confusing McCree for Reaper. Reaper is only effective if he gets close. McCree's primary fire is accurate and powerful from medium to long range.

Every non-tank is a free kill if they are out in the open and you land your head shot (you have to head shot McCree to kill him in one shot). Do not confuse me stating (correctly) that McCree is overpowered means that he is invincible. He has weaknesses inherent to the offense class, but all offense heroes have those weaknesses. He has no significant weaknesses specific to him, except I guess a relative lack of mobility.

Pharah is one of the most predictable characters in the game. Her flight makes her very easy to shoot out of the sky, and she can do no damage if you are in cover, unless she wants to walk into the building and try to man fight McCree. Which would be a bad idea.

If McCree were trying to force himself through a choke point

If he lands it from far range, McCree isn't stunned by the time he gets next to Roadhog and he proceeds to flashbang > fan the hammer > roll > fan the hammer if he's good, killing the Roadhog.

If it's close range... well I mean, flash bang is much easier to land than the hook, and comes out faster.

Probably, but McCree dominates him long or short range. Funnily enough, the damage fall-off by range on Soldier 76's assault rifle is higher than McCree's pistol. McCree's pistol is also more accurate.

Just throw it at his feet you shitter. The fun thing about McCree's flashbang is that there's no skill required. You don't need to actually hit it. If it explodes in front of him it still stuns him.

Nah, sorry bud, but you play with shitters and probably are one yourself. I also shit on most McCrees, because most McCrees are dumb shitters, because most people are dumb shitters. He's still the best offense hero in the game, and one of the best heroes in general.

It's not among the best like Lucio, Symmetra, or Zarya's ults, but it can still zone an entire team and can be used to quickly pick off one or two people.

Are you actually implying that you think that McCree is useless right now, lol?

He's already one of the weaker heroes in the game, being essentially just a shittier version of Widowmaker. As wonky as that hitbox is, he needs buff before he needs nerfs.

Just cause I dont run with L33t MLG pre made groups doesnt mean im a shitter kek. Maybe I am though but he certainly doesnt bother me enough to join all the nerf fegs crying about him.
If they nerf him great. No biggie. If they dont then he will be a minor nuisance to those that can counter him most of the time besides the lucky 1 or 2 sneaky flash bang kills he gets on me.

Funny I seen some f@gs try to go 5 McCrees one time and my team went all Winston besides me and we totally wrecked the McCrees.
1 Bastion ( even though its a shit tactic) was enough to stop the MCrees as well in the last point.

And yes his ULT is shit when youre playing with non-Noobs.
When you have all 12 players wreking shit in the last capture point and both teams are @ 99% and its overtime. McCrees ult is useless. he gets destroyed in seconds when everyone hears "Its High Noon".

Only effective McCree is the one hiding waiting for opportunities. Either waiting to surprise with his flash bang or hiding and shooting his left click from afar.
Which means he isnt contributing to the objective.
Im not saying he is not powerful, he is. But he can be countered just like every other character in the game. I think he may need some tweaks but I dont think he is broken to the point of the massive whining going on about him.
Almost always if a McCree gets 1 flash bang hammer kill on them they start whining about it all game. Its like MCcree isnt suppose to kill them not even once, let alone with his flash bang.lol. Because that is just too much and he is soo overpowered because he got 1 lucky flash bang shit on them.

IDC if the y nerf him. I play him on occasion. Not religiously.

Hanzo actually merits a nerf to the arrow hit boxes. So many videos pointing this out. Where people are behind a wall and he still kills then with a regular (non burst) arrow by shooting the corner of the doorway.

Zack Fair
I agree on hanzo needing the dumb hitbox to compete.

Inhuman
I think McCree needs some tweaking as well , just that I think other players need tweaks too.

Tzeentch
The arrows don't have a large hit-box, and his arrows aren't the only weapons in the game that interact with targets that way.

All characters in the game have larger headshot hitboxes when hit by projectile weapons, and smaller headshot hit-boxes when hit by hitscan weapons. This is a deliberate balance design made by Blizzard, to compensate for hitscan weapons having no travel-time compared to projectile weapons, which do.

/RBUPc8EZOtk

Nephthys
Lucio is too good because he has more utility than any other support.

He has:
- decent damage for a support with his main gun
- A knockback on his secondary fire
- A speed buff aura and a healing aura on a toggle, sharing one ability
- The ability to increase the effectiveness of those auras
- Very solid mobility for a support
- The highest survivability for a support
- A huge team-wide shield buff with his ultimate that makes trying to team fight his team nearly impossible

He's just a champion who has no real weaknesses for his class, and quite a few strengths.

He's not as bad as McCree because there is at least more value in picking other supports like Mercy or, depending on the situation, Symmetra (though I'd want to have a healer on my team if Symmetra was there regardless), but it's a matter of his kit being inherently powerful.

The weakness of playing Lucio is having to play as Lucio though and putting up with his shit design and character.

FinalAnswer
The weakness of playing Lucio is having to play as Lucio though and putting up with his shit design and character.

lmao get a load of this guy.

Tzeentch
The weakness of playing Lucio is having to play as Lucio though and putting up with his shit design and character. Source: Bastion main

Zack Fair
So what about them loot boxes? I find Bastion boring and yet the game felt like giving me all of bastion's legendary skins... -___-

NemeBro
Just cause I dont run with L33t MLG pre made groups doesnt mean im a shitter kek.

No, I just get the impression that you're a shitter from your opinions about the game. But that's okay, I am also a shitter, and because I am intelligent enough to realize that my subjective game experience does not mean anything when talking about balance, me shitting on McCrees does not factor into the discussion.

Whether or not he subjectively bothers you or me doesn't even begin to factor into the game when talking about game balance.

Junkrat is probably my personally most hated hero, but I recognize that he isn't overpowered and doesn't need nerfs.

I play McCree more than any offense but my main man Genji, but I recognize he needs nerfs.

If you don't mind him being nerfed, why are you arguing that he isn't overpowered? Is this some way for you to stroke your own dick on the forum?

You are aware that your anecdotal evidence means less than dick, right? You understand that it serves no purpose in an objective discussion on the game's balance, right?

You don't play at a high enough level to encounter good McCrees. Your own ability to counter bad McCrees is as irrelevant as mine is when faced with the fact that he is the best offense hero by a wide margin.

Whoa now, McCree being too strong doesn't imply that he is so strong he doesn't need any other kind of class on his team. You still need a support or two and a tank or two.

You don't play with non-noobs.

Now imagine there is a Reinhardt shielding him.

Whoa, suddenly you can't just snipe him as Widowmaker, huh?

Now, he isn't guaranteed to kill your team, but it is a solid zoning tool as well. It is by no means the best ultimate in the game (I think that honor goes to Lucio), but it's not as bad as, say, D.Va's.

No, you're wrong, and I don't know why you think your opinion as a shitter is more valuable than players many times better than you. If he were so easy to counter he wouldn't be the most-used hero in professional play by a wide margin.

He doesn't need to catch you off guard with flash bang. Zarya is the only hero who can 100% counter it without any chance of counter play on the part of McCree, using her shield.

Why can't he just flash bang people who try to contest the objective? He can.

Massive whining? I just acknowledge that he is factually too strong, and needs nerfs so that he isn't clearly a step or two above the other heroes in his class.

A good McCree wouldn't need to get lucky to do it. It's not exactly the hardest combo of abilities to use.

I actually wasn't aware of this, but apparently this is an intentional design choice. thumb up

Projectiles have larger hit boxes.

Anyway, Hanzo isn't very good, so he doesn't need nerfs at all.

NemeBro
So what about them loot boxes? I find Bastion boring and yet the game felt like giving me all of bastion's legendary skins... -___- I got Safari Winston once. Felt good man.

Ridley_Prime
I got Okami Hanzo and more recently one of the legendaries for Widowmaker. Just wish I could rack up the in-game currency a little faster so I could more quickly buy most of the sprays instead of getting them as new in loot.

Yeah, when testing McCree out again after seeing the talk about him here, came to realize he's a lot more powerful in most situations than previously conceived. erm

FinalAnswer
I have gotten no legendaries

Lots of sprays though smile

Inhuman
No, I just get the impression that you're a shitter from your opinions about the game. But that's okay, I am also a shitter, and because I am intelligent enough to realize that my subjective game experience does not mean anything when talking about balance, me shitting on McCrees does not factor into the discussion.
Whether or not he subjectively bothers you or me doesn't even begin to factor into the game when talking about game balance.
Junkrat is probably my personally most hated hero, but I recognize that he isn't overpowered and doesn't need nerfs.
I play McCree more than any offense but my main man Genji, but I recognize he needs nerfs.
If you don't mind him being nerfed, why are you arguing that he isn't overpowered? Is this some way for you to stroke your own dick on the forum?
You are aware that your anecdotal evidence means less than dick, right? You understand that it serves no purpose in an objective discussion on the game's balance, right?
You don't play at a high enough level to encounter good McCrees. Your own ability to counter bad McCrees is as irrelevant as mine is when faced with the fact that he is the best offense hero by a wide margin.
Whoa now, McCree being too strong doesn't imply that he is so strong he doesn't need any other kind of class on his team. You still need a support or two and a tank or two.
You don't play with non-noobs.
Now imagine there is a Reinhardt shielding him.
Whoa, suddenly you can't just snipe him as Widowmaker, huh?
Now, he isn't guaranteed to kill your team, but it is a solid zoning tool as well. It is by no means the best ultimate in the game (I think that honor goes to Lucio), but it's not as bad as, say, D.Va's.
No, you're wrong, and I don't know why you think your opinion as a shitter is more valuable than players many times better than you. If he were so easy to counter he wouldn't be the most-used hero in professional play by a wide margin.
He doesn't need to catch you off guard with flash bang. Zarya is the only hero who can 100% counter it without any chance of counter play on the part of McCree, using her shield.
Why can't he just flash bang people who try to contest the objective? He can.
Massive whining? I just acknowledge that he is factually too strong, and needs nerfs so that he isn't clearly a step or two above the other heroes in his class.
A good McCree wouldn't need to get lucky to do it. It's not exactly the hardest combo of abilities to use.
I actually wasn't aware of this, but apparently this is an intentional design choice. thumb up
Projectiles have larger hit boxes.
Anyway, Hanzo isn't very good, so he doesn't need nerfs at all.

We both are most likely shitters of the highest order.
We are both in agreement on McCree just that we have different views as to why he needs a nerf. Not a big deal to me but whatevs.
So instead of acting like some hardheaded f@ggots lets just leave it at that.
All im saying is that the nerf cries are loudest with him and I hope that the other players that need tweaks dont get ignored because of how much people are bitching about him.

No surprise people are also bitching about Widowmaker. Every fuqing FPS game were there is a sniper class , you hear people moaning sniper nerf. barker

Also im not saying Hanzo is good but this kinda shit is infuriating in game when it happens.
Fuq Hanzo tbh F@m

http://webmshare.com/ov8Bn

So what about them loot boxes? I find Bastion boring and yet the game felt like giving me all of bastion's legendary skins... -___-

The only good skins ive got was the Lucio Ribbit skin, Reaper Mariachi and the Pharah Anubis skin and Anubis isnt even legendary skin.

The rest is useless sprays and things for characters I dont main.

Originally posted by Tzeentch
The arrows don't have a large hit-box, and his arrows aren't the only weapons in the game that interact with targets that way.

All characters in the game have larger headshot hitboxes when hit by projectile weapons, and smaller headshot hit-boxes when hit by hitscan weapons. This is a deliberate balance design made by Blizzard, to compensate for hitscan weapons having no travel-time compared to projectile weapons, which do.

/RBUPc8EZOtk

Then they need to fix this issue. Even though they may think its not an issue. At least make the hitboxes a bit smaller. Not just Hanzo but with whatever character has this hitbox issue.
Your vid even shows arrows stuck in the air next to the barrel. Thats just dumb.
Check out the link I posted of getting headshoted even though your hiding inside a building.
http://webmshare.com/ov8Bn

Quincy
My favorites are Mcree, Reaper, Genji and Widowmaker.

Genji is fun to play as but getting used to his playstyle is tough.

Zack Fair
Kind of sucks WM will get nerfed -_-

BBies man.

Nemesis X
What the heck do people expect when they get hit by a sniper? So stupid.

Zack Fair
I play on PS4 so there is a chance WM won't get nerfed there since Blizzard did say they would balance consoles and PC differently.

NemeBro
We both are most likely shitters of the highest order.
We are both in agreement on McCree just that we have different views as to why he needs a nerf. Not a big deal to me but whatevs.
So instead of acting like some hardheaded f@ggots lets just leave it at that.
All im saying is that the nerf cries are loudest with him and I hope that the other players that need tweaks dont get ignored because of how much people are bitching about him.

I would agree. In particular I hope that D.Va gets a buff or two, since right now she is probably the worst tank. She provides so little to her team.

Idk why Widowmaker is apparently too strong. I suck far too hard with her to say.

NemeBro
The weakness of playing Lucio is having to play as Lucio though and putting up with his shit design and character. Why do you have such awful shit taste?

Sacred Fire
So with all this talk about buffs and nerfs, does anyone here actually know when the updates will drop?

Zack Fair
I would agree. In particular I hope that D.Va gets a buff or two, since right now she is probably the worst tank. She provides so little to her team.

Idk why Widowmaker is apparently too strong. I suck far too hard with her to say.

They said they would give her a buff, but nothing about buffing her damage or hit points.

I think they should buff her criticals hit box.

Sacred Fire
I honestly don't see why Widowmaker would need nerfed. The only real problem you could have with her isn't a mechanical one, but rather that which is simply characteristic of snipers in general (the obvious)...

...that's why you play as Winston. big grin

Nephthys
One thing that "just bugs me" is the meme of D.Va drinking Mountain Dew and eating Dorito's. It just annoys me, she's ****ing Korean you twits they don't have that shit over there, they have tons of unique local junk food. It's another case of nerds having no perception of things outside their own experience, like how Peridot in Steven Universe is a dorito as well despite looking nothing like one at all because shitty nerds are only aware of the crap they shovel into their stupid fat neckbeard mouths and can't see anything beyond that. Shes a ****ing angry slice of pie, they even say it on the goddamn mother****ing show! I hate the internet so much!

That just bothers me a little.

Zack Fair
^ Nerd.

Widow Maker's problem is people being salty crybabies tHat scream OP wHenever a skilled player owns tHem.

Now I'm not saying all WMakers are skilled, but tHat skill scales a lot witH her and a really good Widow Maker is a force to be reckoned with. Then you have the majority of Widow Makers who suck with her and are simply wasting a slot. So if I were Blizzard I'd be really careful approaching any rebalance regarding her.

Its just a case of good snipers being a pain in the ass like in every single game.

My 2 cents anyway.

NemeBro
One thing that "just bugs me" is the meme of D.Va drinking Mountain Dew and eating Dorito's. It just annoys me, she's ****ing Korean you twits they don't have that shit over there, they have tons of unique local junk food. It's another case of nerds having no perception of things outside their own experience, like how Peridot in Steven Universe is a dorito as well despite looking nothing like one at all because shitty nerds are only aware of the crap they shovel into their stupid fat neckbeard mouths and can't see anything beyond that. Shes a ****ing angry slice of pie, they even say it on the goddamn mother****ing show! I hate the internet so much!

That just bothers me a little. What a ****ing ******

NemeBro
^ Nerd.

Widow Maker's problem is people being salty crybabies tHat scream OP wHenever a skilled player owns tHem.

Now I'm not saying all WMakers are skilled, but tHat skill scales a lot witH her and a really good Widow Maker is a force to be reckoned with. Then you have the majority of Widow Makers who suck with her and are simply wasting a slot. So if I were Blizzard I'd be really careful approaching any rebalance regarding her.

Its just a case of good snipers being a pain in the ass like in every single game.

My 2 cents anyway. She is one of the most picked characters in competitive though.

I don't really know why that is in particular.

Quincy
I don't think Widowmaker needs nerfing. She's bullet fodder for someone capable of getting close to her. If only there were some characters capable of flanking!?

People will just mope if there is a character that counters theirs. Simple enough.

Astner
One thing that "just bugs me" is the meme of D.Va drinking Mountain Dew and eating Dorito's. It just annoys me, she's ****ing Korean you twits they don't have that shit over there, they have tons of unique local junk food. It's another case of nerds having no perception of things outside their own experience,
http://i.imgur.com/1Y8QUx9.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/HnW0jKL.jpg

Quincy
I've realized I can't stand playing with strangers. The game itself is fun but I get so frustrated with poor team dynamics.

I'm addicted to this and can't stop playing.

Hooked on Soldier, Genji, Mcree, Winston.

I have a reinhardt on my go to team that is surprisingly aggressive, but he keeps throwing shield down and moving sporadically - which doesn't help the people actually BEHIND the shield.

FinalAnswer

That just bothers me a little.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/doritos-mountain-dew

educate yourself nerd

Newjak
Originally posted by Quincy
I don't think Widowmaker needs nerfing. She's bullet fodder for someone capable of getting close to her. If only there were some characters capable of flanking!?

People will just mope if there is a character that counters theirs. Simple enough. problem people were finding is getting close to her with any decent team is impossible. Winston is supposed to be a counter as well but by the time he gets to her he has already lost a good chunk of her health meaning she just has to clean up.

She is squishy but the only people able to take advantage of that most of the time were other snipers.

I think there are more annoying characters but I can degree why they did this. Widowmaker could make or break games on her own.

Quincy
So the patch itself changed the rapidity of her scope animation and her damage output. That seems pretty fair. More Mcree nerfing though too it seems

Newjak
So the patch itself changed the rapidity of her scope animation and her damage output. That seems pretty fair. More Mcree nerfing though too it seems Yeah they apparently needed his fan the hammer damage

Quincy
I guess that makes sense, he was a real tank killer. To the point that I thought that was his actual role.

Sacred Fire
Originally posted by Newjak
Winston is supposed to be a counter as well but by the time he gets to her he has already lost a good chunk of her health meaning she just has to clean up.

This probably doesn't mean much, but for what it's worth, I've literally never had this problem.

That said, I'm glad they were at least reasonable about her nerfs. She still does the same amount of headshot damage, which I think is fair. She mostly just had some mild bodyshot and scope frequency adjustments.

Quincy
You guys playing on console or PC?

NemeBro
Now that Zenyatta can't be casually one-shot by a body shot from a full power Widowmaker scoped shot he has no counter. No one will be able to stop him.

Nephthys
Synthetics will always surpass and overthrow Organics.

Quincy
Mad respect to all the Zenyatta players out there

Newjak
Pc

Sacred Fire
You guys playing on console or PC?

Console. I don't haz PC.

Mad respect to all the Zenyatta players out there

Thanks. big grin thumb up

Ridley_Prime
Kinda already not liking Widowmaker's nerf. Sniping doesn't have as much a kick to it anymore unless you happen to make headshots. She's still viable enough to use though, so could've been worse.

Quincy
Gotta get them headshots

Sacred Fire
Forgive me if I'm speaking out of turn for lack of Widowmaker play, but isn't that kind of the point to playing a sniper; to quickly kill from afar with precision and efficiency?

If you ask me, I feel like snipers are quintessentially meant to strive for headshots (or other immediately lethal methods) in most cases, so I can't help but suspect that she was originally intended to be designed with that in mind. When you can just as easily fill an enemy with half a mag in the space of two seconds to get the same amount of work done, there's little incentive left to be precise or efficient, which I think is what Blizzard (as well as some of the community) saw as a problem.

Plus, her tagline, "one shot, one kill," doesn't really fit in that case. haermm

Personally, I never had a problem with her or McCree to begin with (this coming from a Zenyatta main), but from what I gather about them, I feel like the changes are at least somewhat reasonable and well-intended, which I'm glad for.

Quincy
Yeah it just means you need to practice.

Lots of McCree players are miffed because now they have to AIM.

Sacred Fire
haermm thumb up

Ridley_Prime
It's not that her nerfs themselves were unreasonable (like I said, she's still pretty viable), just that I didn't see them as necessary like with McCree. shrug McCree was a different beast entirely that was OP in most situations, which the same can't really be said for Widowmaker, so I don't get why she's being lumped with him here.

Quincy
Well I think the big issue was that even just random body shots against Zenyatta and Tracer were killing them

Newjak
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
It's not that her nerfs themselves were unreasonable (like I said, she's still pretty viable), just that I didn't see them as necessary like with McCree. shrug McCree was a different beast entirely that was OP in most situations, which the same can't really be said for Widowmaker, so I don't get why she's being lumped with him here. They did most likely for competitive play. A Widowmaker with a decent team around her was counterable by another Widowmaker. And not only that but decent Widowmaker's could carry a team by themselves.

Quincy
Reading rumors that the next Hero may be a Support/Sniper class. What a cool idea.

NemeBro
It's not that her nerfs themselves were unreasonable (like I said, she's still pretty viable), just that I didn't see them as necessary like with McCree. shrug McCree was a different beast entirely that was OP in most situations, which the same can't really be said for Widowmaker, so I don't get why she's being lumped with him here. Widowmaker was a powerful pick in like every situation lol. There was never a time when Widowmaker was a bad pick.

Furthermore, her ability to animation cancel her scoping to get two full-power shots off in less than a second was ****ing gay.

Sacred Fire
But aren't you gay?

Inhuman
The animation cancel exploit was the only thing that needed to be fixed with Widowmaker.
Anyhow if you played her without that exploit , then the nerf wasn't too bad. She basically still plays the same, save for body shots and her Ult taking longer to fill up.

I still see no-skill Hanzo players blindly shooting into crowds hoping to hit something. And of coarse they do because of those big fuqing arrow hitboxes.
Lets keep ignoring that shit isnt broken.

Impediment
My 11 year old daughter really wants this game. Is it kid friendly?

Also, is the hype real? Game Informer gave this game a perfect 10, but Angry Joe awarded it a 7.

Tzeentch

That just bothers me a little. Chill out, retard.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Impediment
My 11 year old daughter really wants this game. Is it kid friendly?

Also, is the hype real? Game Informer gave this game a perfect 10, but Angry Joe awarded it a 7. Everything in-game is fairly kid friendly. It's a FPS so there's obviously some violence but there's no dismemberment or anything. I'd be more worried about other players calling your daughter a whore/telling her to kill herself/asking her for nudes than the content in-game though, since it does have a heavy multiplayer focus.

I wouldn't call it a perfect 10 personally, but I'm an elitist **** who would refuse to give a game that is solely a multiplayer arena shooter a perfect score. It's really fun though.

Nemesis X
On the console version of Overwatch, there's no in-game voice/text chat so the chances of your kid being exposed to the rude elements of online play are slim. I'd probably go with that one.

Quincy
The hype is real

Inhuman
barker

https://gfycat.com/RawSaneDegus

Zack Fair
fuq hanzo.

dey nerfin torbs turrets. 30# dmg nerf.

babies

Tzeentch
Console version only, because shitty console controllers aren't accurate enough for players to snipe the turrets.

Zack Fair
I know its for consoles. Its still dumb. I got no problem sniping turrets -_-

NemeBro
barker

https://gfycat.com/RawSaneDegus Blame Blizzard for letting hitscan weapons in the game.

If projectile weapons had the same hitboxes as hitscan weapons, why would you play them?

Unless you're saying their overall damage should be buffed to compensate for the removal of the wider hitbox, so that Hanzo can one-shot squishy characters with a body shot?

Inhuman
Blame Blizzard for letting hitscan weapons in the game.

If projectile weapons had the same hitboxes as hitscan weapons, why would you play them?

Unless you're saying their overall damage should be buffed to compensate for the removal of the wider hitbox, so that Hanzo can one-shot squishy characters with a body shot?

Are you saying you are OK with Hanzo being able to kill people that are behind cover, inside buildings away from his line of sight with his bullshit arrows?
And I do blame Blizzard for not fixing this broken character yet.

Yeah nothing wrong with Killing people by hitting empty air.

I have no issue getting headshoted by Torbjorn's left click. That is a projectile, NOT a hitscan weapon. And it doesn't have the huge retarded hit boxes like Hanzos arrows do.

Make the hit boxes like Torb's left click. And , No I don't think that reducing the hit boxes means giving him some other EZ win training wheels buff.

I think Hanzo this way can be playable without being broken.

NemeBro
Are you saying you are OK with Hanzo being able to kill people that are behind cover, inside buildings away from his line of sight with his bullshit arrows?
And I do blame Blizzard for not fixing this broken character yet.

Yep, because otherwise there would be no reason to play him.

No, you are 100% wrong here. Hanzo's hitboxes are not some special snowflake exception compared to the other projectile weapons. They all have the same headshot hitbox.

Quincy
Wait that gif was nonsense. Can any other character do that?

Inhuman
All projectile weapons have a bigger hitbox than the hitscan ones, But Hanzos hitboxes are bigger than the rest of the projectile weapons.

Ive tested with Torbjorn left click vs. Hanzos arrows in the training room. The horizontal distance of me shooting empty air and still getting headshots was greater with Hanzos arrows than with Torbjorn's projectiles.

Its funny some are ok playing a broken character , yet their cries were the loudest about McCree and Widowmaker.

Quincy
Messed up

NemeBro
All projectile weapons have a bigger hitbox than the hitscan ones, But Hanzos hitboxes are bigger than the rest of the projectile weapons.

No, they're not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBUPc8EZOtk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l1gg8ffDv0

On the second video, compare Genji's shot at the very start to Hanzo's 11 minutes in.

No it wasn't, you're just really biased so you imagined some larger hitbox with Hanzo.

Do you think that Blizzard just arbitrarily decided to program Hanzo's arrow hitboxes different from every other weapon?

Because both of those characters were actually overpowered when used by players who knew what they were doing, and Hanzo wasn't and isn't. Do you understand the difference?

Quincy
hero stacking drive anyone else crazy?

Sacred Fire

If Torbjorn, yes, because people treat it as some bullshit universally perfect strategy (it barely qualifies as a f**king strategy, by the way), and there's basically no answer to it as of yet to prove them wrong.

If anyone else, I just consider it hilarious (just as I originally did with Torb until it caught on).

NemeBro
hero stacking drive anyone else crazy? On my team yes, because you have some idiots saying "DUDE! LET'S DO A TEAM OF SYMMETRA'S! I'M SURE THEY WON'T PICK HEROES LIKE D.VA, WINSTON, OR PHARAH TO SHIT ON OUR STUPID CHEESE STRAT".

On the enemy team not really. It's easy to handle (with one exception, which I will go over in a moment) for the most part. Was against a full team of Reinhardts yesterday. I just played Pharah and bombed them from above when they could do basically jack shit to me.

The one exception is indeed a strategy that involves stacking Torbjorn, but only on the Volskaya Industries map. This map's design just lends itself absurdly well to stacking turret heroes like Torb or Bastion, and to be honest I don't actually know how to counter it with anything resembling consistency.

Nemesis X

When everyone picks Torbjorn/Bastion at Watchpoint Gibraltar. Everyone always goes for that stupid stack as a last line of defense every time they're losing to the team moving the payload.

Quincy
There is something so rewarding about beating a team that tries to gamebreak by all utilizing the same hero, or the majority of the team as one person.

Quincy
Is there any hero that you guys feel is truly overpowered? For awhile I thought Bastion was (Mainly because of teams that would stack Bastions) but Genji can literally tear through him like paper.

Tzeentch
Junkrat stands out to me as the most overpowered class currently, purely in the context of "skill vs results". No other character can rack up kills without even having to really aim with as much consistency.

That said, I don't think he's problematic to the point where adjustments need to be made. Like Bastion he's strong but has counter-play, and unlike pre-nerf McCree his kit doesn't really allow him to stray outside of his niche.

Inhuman
Mercy's Ult is OP, charges way to fast for being the best game changer in the game.

Junkrat is fine. He has many counters. Plus most people play him like retards.
There are a few than know how to play him and give the impression he is OP, but he isnt.

Quincy
Ran into a team of assholes using the Symmetra Glitch in Dorado. For only the second time, but I think they mainly used it because my team crushed them before the first checkpoint in the first round and they did it out of salt.

Inhuman
It never fails that when teams are getting their shit pushed in they always switch to Bastion and have a Reinhardt in front of him protecting him.

Competitive play is pretty much "Use any cheap tactic and/or exploit to get the win to raise your rank".

NemeBro
Is there any hero that you guys feel is truly overpowered? For awhile I thought Bastion was (Mainly because of teams that would stack Bastions) but Genji can literally tear through him like paper. Right now?

Mercy is the only character I might single out as being truly too strong. A good Mercy whose team doesn't throw her to the enemy Reaper is very hard to kill and has arguably the best ultimate in the game, which takes no time to charge.

I don't know if I'd say she warrants nerfs like McCree or Widowmaker did, but she's probably the best hero right now.

A more interesting question is which heroes are underpowered right now?

When I think of heroes that are too weak I think of mostly D.Va. She should be the tankiest hero in the game, but in practice she folds like a house of cards under fire because of her ****ing enormous headshot hitbox. She has to remain basically stationary to use her guns (which are useless beyond close range), and her ultimate might honestly be the worst ultimate in the game. A Reinhardt can negate it for his entire team with a basic ability, and the ultimate itself is hugely telegraphed.

Nemesis X
Competitive play is proving to be a joke. Wanna rank up fast? Stack some heroes because fair balance is dead. I was hoping Blizzard would've gotten rid of that bullshit specifically in that mode but no. If you wanna get anywhere close to being high tier and unlock that golden gun for your character, you better get in there with three Winstons and Torbjorns!

Quincy
Well it's only season one, I'm sure they are going to work out the kinks.

Ridley_Prime
Hopefully... Whether I win or lose, dealing with stacking in competitive is much more troublesome than in quick play, with how much more desperate teams/players are to win because of the benefits.

#stackwatch

Zack Fair
stacking is stupid. people will drop ow because of it.

#oversalt

Ridley_Prime
On that note, people giving up/quitting early on competitive because of other team stacking or whatever also gets annoying.

Inhuman
Hopefully... Whether I win or lose, dealing with stacking in competitive is much more troublesome than in quick play, with how much more desperate teams/players are to win because of the benefits.

#stackwatch
stacking is stupid. people will drop ow because of it.

#oversalt

Goes back to what i said,

Competitive play is pretty much "Use any cheap tactic and/or exploit to get the win to raise your rank"

Inhuman
Tweaks that need to be made:

- Hero stacking - Max 2 of the same character. (if that)

- Ban Soldier 76 script/macro use . Permanently ban people that are using this or fix the issue somehow. If possible.

- Mercy's Ult need to charge slower

- McCree is a useless shit character after the nerf (like I had predicted). Bring up his Fan damage to 55 per shot instead of 45. Or bring up his left click dropoff damage up a bit.

- Torb's turret range needs to be reduced. I think this is the issue more than the damage output and auto aim locking.

- Winston & DVA's damage needs to be buffed "slightly"

- Zarya's shield needs a bit longer cooldown.

- Zenyattas health buffed up to 175. (Maybe Tracer to 175 as well)

- Reduce the hitboxes of some projectiles by a bit (like Hanzos arrows)

Zack Fair
Agree with most except Tracer getting a health buff.

They really need to get rid of stacking. It gets boring, kills synergy and teamwork in all honesty. And it makes the competitive tourney scene a yawnfest when teams resort to 3 tracers, double soldiers and/or Lucios or if they want to stall Overtimes 5 Tracers and Lucio. YEsterday I saw 5 D.VAs and a Lucio lay waste in the Russian map. Stacking is funny in Quickplay but in competitive it feels very meh.

No one really likes it and it brings a lot of balancing issues. Case in point poor Torby. A hero most of the pro-scene agrees is under powered(Barely ever see him in tourneys) and yet will get a nasty 30% damage nerf(PS4) because of the lame decision to let people stack up to 6 FKN heroes.

Nemesis X
My issue with Torbjorn was never with damage output. The real problem with Torbjorn is him spawning back his turret with no penalty for his last one being destroyed. Just plops down another one in a second, crapping on your team's effort to get rid of the annoying thing.

Nemesis X
NEW HERO ANNOUNCED

vQF6eczCtvo

IV9CzxZrhdU

NemeBro
Hey look it's Pharah's mom.

Nephthys
Lets hope she ain't sore that her ex is banging her daughter.

Inhuman
I can already see the endless nerf posts the minute this character drops

Inhuman

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>