Into the Badlands

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dreampanther
Anybody else watch this? Daniel Wu (who's been training in wushu since he was 11) makes being a badass look effortless. It is such a welcome relief seeing somebody who is an actual expert in fight scenes, instead of the usual hamfisted choreography we have to put up with in action sequences on television.

Here's hoping the story will be as good as the asskicking...

TheVaultDweller
I saw the trailer and it looked pretty interesting. I still haven't gotten around to checking out the first episode yet, but I definitely plan on doing so soon.

Martian_mind
Lots of potential for awesome here. The fights were way over-choreographed, yet if they tone it down and get a good story going, this could be great.

Flyattractor
I watched it and it managed to hold my interest but I didn't see anything on it that I hadn't seen before.

KingD19
We shouldn't expect it to be a game changer. But I think it'll be a fun action show with just enough plot to keep things interesting.

quanchi112
Pretty decent first episode. I'll definitely keep watching.

Mindset
Pretty disappointing, probably won't get renewed.

Robtard
Plan on watching the first ep, but I expected it to be shit from the previews and Mindset confirmed sad

BruceSkywalker
I dvr'd it on sunday, will watch prolly sometime on Saturday

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindset
Pretty disappointing, probably won't get renewed. Sigh.

Mindset
Originally posted by quanchi112
Sigh. I know how you feel.

We'll get through this though.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindset
I know how you feel.

We'll get through this though. Hold me.......on skype.

Galan007
I enjoyed the first episode for what it was... But I see this getting really old, really quick, unless the story picks up tremendously.

Sword-play can only carry a show so far.

BruceSkywalker
finally watched the 1st show last night.. I liked it.. I enjoy martial arts tv shws..

TheVaultDweller
Those headaches really are a momentum killer for Quinn.

KingD19
Well he does have an apparently inoperable brain tumor that will kill him in the next few months. But I'm glad to see Barons aren't just fat administrators who only have political power. They're all basically Regents who took control of their own territories by being the most baddest of asses around. Plus his sword is pretty baws.

Without his headaches he was just a step better than Widow, and probably would give Sunny a big run for his money before going down.

TheVaultDweller
Well, that is what I meant. He had Widow dead to rights and she knew it too. His damn tumor headache just hit him at the absolute worst time.

I agree. Having the barons actually be the barons because they are some of the toughest SOBs around is much better than having them be a bunch of fat bastards who need other people to do everything for them.

I am almost reminded of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms with some elements of this story so far actually. But then it is still early days in terms of the plot.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Well, that is what I meant. He had Widow dead to rights and she knew it too. His damn tumor headache just hit him at the absolute worst time.

I agree. Having the barons actually be the barons because they are some of the toughest SOBs around is much better than having them be a bunch of fat bastards who need other people to do everything for them.

I am almost reminded of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms with some elements of this story so far actually. But then it is still early days in terms of the plot.

Which parts have ROTK elements?

quanchi112
I like this show. I hope it gets picked up for another season.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Which parts have ROTK elements?

Well, the show feels to me like a post-apocalyptic take on Feudal era kingdoms, with the seven Barons controlling the various factions and different lands etc. Then you have Quinn's seemingly great dynasty on its last legs (like the Han dynasty), and you have the various groups of enemies and allies, squabbling to try and seize control and take advantage of the situation. Like I said, it is only very basic elements really, but it just kind of struck me as familiar when watching the first few episodes.

Of course, like I said, it is really early days for the plot, and there are plenty of elements in Into the Badlands that are most definitely NOT in ROTK.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by quanchi112
I like this show. I hope it gets picked up for another season.

It's been a lot better than I expected. I was afraid it was just going to turn into nothing but a martial arts expo every episode, but the plot and characters have me quite interested by this point.

KingD19
If MK learns to control his powers he'll be an absolute nightmare. It's gonna be like Sunny on mega steroids.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by KingD19
If MK learns to control his powers he'll be an absolute nightmare. It's gonna be like Sunny on mega steroids.

Yeah, but as it stands, any properly experienced and trained clipper, with a blade, could probably take his head off before he saw a drop of his own blood. So while he has the potential, he has a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG way to go. Hell, he got his ass thoroughly stomped by a clipper in a wheelchair (granted it was the former regent).

What I want to know is how exactly the Widow found out about him and his abilities.

Robtard
It's been a lot better than I expected. I was afraid it was just going to turn into nothing but a martial arts expo every episode, but the plot and characters have me quite interested by this point.

Yeah, feel mostly the same way, went into thinking it'd be wire-fu nonsense and little more, but the story and characters aren't terrible so far, though silly, cheesy and trope-y , but still interesting.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
Yeah, feel mostly the same way, went into thinking it'd be wire-fu nonsense and little more, but the story and characters aren't terrible so far, though silly, cheesy and trope-y , but still interesting. Quit following my lead.

Wei Phoenix
Well, the show feels to me like a post-apocalyptic take on Feudal era kingdoms, with the seven Barons controlling the various factions and different lands etc. Then you have Quinn's seemingly great dynasty on its last legs (like the Han dynasty), and you have the various groups of enemies and allies, squabbling to try and seize control and take advantage of the situation. Like I said, it is only very basic elements really, but it just kind of struck me as familiar when watching the first few episodes.

Of course, like I said, it is really early days for the plot, and there are plenty of elements in Into the Badlands that are most definitely NOT in ROTK.

Thanks, I may give this a look soon. I appreciate your response.

BruceSkywalker

agreed

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, feel mostly the same way, went into thinking it'd be wire-fu nonsense and little more, but the story and characters aren't terrible so far, though silly, cheesy and trope-y , but still interesting.

Well, if you think about it, virtually every characterization and subplot has been done half a dozen times across different shows by now, so everything new will have the problem of maybe being a bit cliche or trope-y. What I like about the show is that, so far at least, they have managed to find a balance that still makes it enjoyable to watch and worth tuning in for. I actually like the kind of cheesiness and over-the-top fighting. Some of the fight scenes, like the one where Sunny fights like 30 nomad mercenaries at once, felt like a homage to some of the Eastern martial arts movies.

Mindset
Did it get better from the first ep?

TheVaultDweller
Well, the plot is certainly developing. Sunny is in a really shit position right now, considering the River King's request. And now the Widow is playing her games to turn allies against each other.

And as expected, Baron Jacobee is another dangerous and deadly opponent. He was merrily slaughtering his way through Quinn's clippers, so he also seems to be quite a step above the average fighter in the show. Which just makes Quinn more badass, considering he still seemed to have an edge on Jacobee as well, just like he did the Widow. And he is old and dying. He must have been an absolute monster when he was younger and healthier.

KingD19
Right now I'd say it's Sunny, Quinn, Widow, Everyone else.

And I'm giving Sunny odds over Quinn because he's the main character and much younger and healthy.

TheVaultDweller
Jacobee should be somewhere around there as well, maybe just below Widow, based on the little we have seen already. He actually managed to engage Quinn for a bit before Quinn got the advantage. We see them clash again a bit later and be relatively close. Which is no easy feat for Jacobee, considering no one else shown so far, with the exception of the Widow, has managed to last longer than about a 2 or 3 hit exchange with Quinn before getting killed. He also seemed very confident that him + Zypher would be enough to end Quinn. As mentioned previously in this thread, it's good that the three Barons shown so far have shown themselves to be extremely lethal opponents, beyond whatever other wealth, power and influence they have.

cdtm
If the River King isn't honoring a debt because of who's asking, I sure hope he's not going to consider it covered. The guy rightly should still owe that favor..

KingD19
All the barons save maybe one or two outliers I'm guessing are all Regent/Regent+ level. Which yeah is pretty awesome.

TheVaultDweller
So Ryder's grandfather seems to know about Azra and whatever MK is. And now it appears Quinn knows about MK too. Quinn is such a manipulative prick though. Tells Veil that Sunny killed her parents, and then tells Sunny to keep his distance from her, with the obvious intent to create mistrust and problems between them.

And now we basically have an answer to Sunny vs Quinn. Quinn had an edge on Widow but they were pretty close. In contrast, she was visibly taken aback when she saw Sunny, and he pretty much dominated that fight. Widow was on the back foot and giving ground the entire time, basically doing her best not to get killed. And then she still got lucky in the end to manage to get out alive.

Martian_mind
It looks as though we might see a proper Quinn vs Sunny next episode. I hope so at least.

Does anyone else find Sunny's fights to be the least interesting? I can't put my finger on what it is exactly, but every battle scene not featuring him just seems way more engaging.

KingD19
Probably because he stomps the shit out of everyone. They're making it pretty clear that so far, Sunny is the top dog. Made even more so because Quinn is older and sick. So you're pretty sure Sunny will win every fight he's in aside from fighting DOMK. It's not as exciting when you know this guy will beat everyone's ass every week.I still love it though.

TheVaultDweller
That's basically it. He is portrayed through both dialogue and feats as the most skilled and deadly clipper in the badlands, so you know barring PIS or ridiculous odds, he is going to clean house.

KingD19
Also he seems to either forget he has injuries, or has a healing factor. Or just Veil knows some insanely good healing techniques. He's been cut pretty good a few times and every time he takes his shirt off the only scars he has are his kill tallies.

And as of now, Sunny has by far the largest on-screen kill count(at like 40+) on top of his 412 kills at the start of the series. MK has the second highest stated off-screen count at 28 when he slaughtered River King's Cog's.

Robtard
Doubt it's a healing factor, though you never know considering some of the super-natural elements of the show.

It's probably just overlooked for the shake of the show's pace; can't have the protagonist laid up in bed after every injury.

KingD19
Doubt it's a healing factor, though you never know considering some of the super-natural elements of the show.

It's probably just overlooked for the shake of the show's pace; can't have the protagonist laid up in bed after every injury.

Yeah you're absolutely right. I just find it funny. When Widow first came after him her best Clipper got a good slice on Sunny, and I think Veil stitched it up, but it looked deep enough that he should at least have a light scar. Nothing once his jacket...vest...thingy came off.

Yeah Sunny is so badass they can't have him pulling a Daredevil and be limping around and shit.

TheVaultDweller
Well, the season finale was pretty interesting, though it raised more questions than answers really. The whole situation with the Barons is flipped on its head now, so it's probably going to be every man (or woman) for themselves to pick up the pieces. And we finally see some trained Dark Ones and what they are capable of, and now know the Widow has some connection to them. But now Sunny is who knows where while everything else is chaos. One thing that was a huge disappointment was the Sunny/Quinn encounter at the end. After all the tension they built it was a serious copout to end it like that.

KingD19
I wonder what Sunny's connection is to Azra aside from being from there. And the fact that it took 3 unleashed Dark Ones and breaking his weapons to stop him really cements him as the top dog in the show without hacks.

Stoic
Great show. Can't wait to see next season. It reminds of Street Fighter a bit in terms of Ryu and his dark hadou powers.

quanchi112
I liked it too.

Dreampanther

TheVaultDweller
Me when I saw renewal: Happy Dance

Me when I saw 2017: glare

Dreampanther
Me when I saw renewal: Happy Dance

Me when I saw 2017: glare

My bad laughing laughing laughing

But at least it's for 10 episodes this time big grin

TheVaultDweller
These teasers are annoyingly short and uninformative, but they still make me keen for the second season to kick off:

-fLVJEG6ieI

D7F55FtgAMw

I wonder when we'll get a proper S2 trailer.

Robtard
According to AMC, season one had the "third highest-rated first season in U.S. cable TV history".

Nick Frost joined as a regular in season two, will have to wait and see how that plays out.

TheVaultDweller
According to AMC, season one had the "third highest-rated first season in U.S. cable TV history".

Nick Frost joined as a regular in season two, will have to wait and see how that plays out.

Yeah, I saw a set pic of him. Looks like he is part of the crew of wherever Sunny ends up, after being taken by the River King.

http://cdn2-www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/2016/12/IntoTheBadlands.jpg

Flyattractor
Binged watched the series. I liked it. Got some potential for some good Swordy Wackyniess.

Way more fun and better at giving us the Unexpected that TWD to be honest.

TheVaultDweller
I am hoping Quinn is still alive. I liked him as an antagonist. He did get stabbed through the chest, but we never see him die. And when the one writer was asked about it, he just said not to make any assumptions, and that Quinn is a "survivor".

Flyattractor
I want this show to do good enought that it can be Fan Linked to the rest of the AMC TV Shows Reality Conspiracy.

0mega Spawn
Like I always say good action choreography can go a long ways with both TV shows and movies...

TheVaultDweller
Finally a proper trailer, and premiere date. 19th March, and here we go:

JqAItVDrEGg

TheVaultDweller
JbR-UHi4eVY

Flyattractor
Finally the return of an AMC show I can enjoy watching.

For the right reasons.

Dreampanther
Ho. Lee. Sheeeit. Now THAT'S how you make a freaking awesome series about martial artists who have been trained to kick your ass so hard you still feel it when you get reborn.

Are you paying attention, Iron Fist? Because boy howdy, the fighting scenes in the first episode of the new season are so great if I were the people who made Iron Fist I would literally go and beg them to teach me how to do it.

cdtm
River King is why Sunny's in the mines, right?

I forget, how did it happen? Was he literally stabbed in the back or poisoned?

cdtm
I am hoping Quinn is still alive. I liked him as an antagonist. He did get stabbed through the chest, but we never see him die. And when the one writer was asked about it, he just said not to make any assumptions, and that Quinn is a "survivor".

They wasted no time with that one. Not even a few episodes, they were like "**** it, Badlands without Quinn isn't Badlands."

cdtm
Oh, and Sunny only has himself to blame for the betrayal.

All he had to say was "You can come. If you can't keep up, I'm leaving you behind". Instead, he gives the finger to the one man who can out him..

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by cdtm
They wasted no time with that one. Not even a few episodes, they were like "**** it, Badlands without Quinn isn't Badlands."

I'm glad though. Even though he is a villain, and a total dick, he is still one of my favourite characters. My only question is, how the f*** is he still alive? From what I can recall, even without the getting stabbed through the chest thing, he only had a few months to live due to the brain tumor. It's 6 months down the line, and he doesn't seem particularly worse for wear. I know Veil was giving him treatments, but she seemed convinced that it wouldn't make any difference, IIRC.

TheVaultDweller
River King is why Sunny's in the mines, right?

I forget, how did it happen? Was he literally stabbed in the back or poisoned?

He got taken down by the 3 Dark Monks, and woke up on the River King's boat.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Ho. Lee. Sheeeit. Now THAT'S how you make a freaking awesome series about martial artists who have been trained to kick your ass so hard you still feel it when you get reborn.

Are you paying attention, Iron Fist? Because boy howdy, the fighting scenes in the first episode of the new season are so great if I were the people who made Iron Fist I would literally go and beg them to teach me how to do it.

Yeah, after the overall disappointment with the Iron Fist fights, I am glad this is back on the air.

cdtm
I'm glad though. Even though he is a villain, and a total dick, he is still one of my favourite characters. My only question is, how the f*** is he still alive? From what I can recall, even without the getting stabbed through the chest thing, he only had a few months to live due to the brain tumor. It's 6 months down the line, and he doesn't seem particularly worse for wear. I know Veil was giving him treatments, but she seemed convinced that it wouldn't make any difference, IIRC.

They just introduced chi users who can heal. I'm betting that has something to do with it.

KingD19
It seems M.K. is truly above other Dark Ones. The Master of all of them got a broken forearm blocking his punch. And she was clearly surprised at the damage.

TheVaultDweller
It seems M.K. is truly above other Dark Ones. The Master of all of them got a broken forearm blocking his punch. And she was clearly surprised at the damage.

That's probably why she took over his training. But it makes sense. Even relatively untrained, he stomped a Baron, a Regent, and their guards, with casual ease. And even managed to oneshot-KO Sunny with a punch to the chest, when it took multiple hits from the other Dark Monks, smashing him through two solid walls, to KO him.

0mega Spawn
Season 2 out right

Dreampanther
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
Season 2 out right

Sunday nights. Just started.

carthage
Will start season 2 sometime this week

cdtm
I actually missed a lot of season 1.

Had to see the dark monks on Youtube. They're pretty insane..

I still don't buy them holding Sunny, though. It doesn't look like they starve or torture them, and let them rest (Tired and unhealthy workers are useless workers), so yeah.. If attempt one failed, just try again.

cdtm
So does Quinn think the child is his?

TheVaultDweller
He knows the kid is Sunny's, but he has been trying to get his hooks into Veil since season 1. Also, Ryder is an embarrassment, so he probably thinks that this is his second chance, seeing as Sunny is seemingly out of the picture.

Arachnid1
How is this show so far? Is it worth picking up?

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Arachnid1
How is this show so far? Is it worth picking up?

It's pretty entertaining. It's set in a post-apocalyptic, feudal-style world, with supernatural elements to it. And the fight choreography shits on most other shows, especially recent disappointments like Iron Fist.

TheVaultDweller
Sunny once again showed why all the other Clippers fear him. Even after being mostly inactive for 6 months, he still beat another "legendary" Clipper in combat, despite having a far inferior sword.

And Quinn is in for a nasty wake-up call at some point.

Also, I found the bit where they took that one Dark One's "gift" away interesting. It links back to what the Widow said in season 1 about how she used to be one of them.

Dreampanther
At the moment it's my favourite show on TV.

Flyattractor
Its way more fun then TWD to be honest.

cdtm
Agreed, awesome show.

I don't trust wheelchair guy. Usually, when something seems too good to be true, it is, and a guy like that staying loyal to anybody but himself is too good to be true.

He's just using her, if not outright setting her up.

Flyattractor
That is what makes Wheelchair Guy F-ing Awesome!! You can't TELL what way he is going to go. Unlike the doorknobs that pass for Villains on TWD. I kinda hope WCG double crosses the Widow and takes over the Whole Sheebang and becomes Head Bad Ass Dude!

Ya for Handicapable Baddies!

Oh and Bajie rockes too. Hope he sticks around for at least the whole season.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Flyattractor
That is what makes Wheelchair Guy F-ing Awesome!! You can't TELL what way he is going to go. Unlike the doorknobs that pass for Villains on TWD. I kinda hope WCG double crosses the Widow and takes over the Whole Sheebang and becomes Head Bad Ass Dude!

Ya for Handicapable Baddies!

Oh and Bajie rockes too. Hope he sticks around for at least the whole season.

Well, technically, his name is Waldo. stick out tongue

But yeah, he is a good character. He knows how to position himself where he can influence events without appearing threatening. And I like how he calls people out on their BS, yet plays his cards close to the chest. Was also pretty entertaining in S1 when he stomped noob MK using only one arm, while in his wheelchair.

Bajie should still be around for a while. He is listed as a main cast member for the season. His character is also good because it actually makes sense. The Badlands, and the surrounding world, is a f****** shithole. So, a character acting the way he does to survive is realistic. He is pretty much using Sunny, because he knows his survival rate goes up if he has arguably the most skilled Clipper alive as an ally.

cdtm
WCG can handle himself in a fight!

Quinn's brain tumor must be affecting his judgement.

TheVaultDweller
Was still funny to see all the other Barons look like they were about to shit themselves when he stepped into that courtyard. It was cool to see them in action though. And I am glad that Ryder is finally dead though. He was a pathetic loser, and an embarrassment of a Baron.

Then again, he is listed as being in 16 episodes, so he might pull a Quinn himself.

Flyattractor
WCG can handle himself in a fight!

Quinn's brain tumor must be affecting his judgement.

From that x-ray it looked like he had more Tumor then Brain. So yeah he gotta be the full on KooKooMahChooChoo at this point.

TheVaultDweller
Well, if nothing else, he's managed to piss off pretty much everyone.

-WUMaDyBjrM

BruceSkywalker
what happened on this past Sunday's show? I forgot to set the dvr

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
what happened on this past Sunday's show? I forgot to set the dvr

They had the conclave between the Barons. The Widow tried to plead her case, but Ryder was more convincing, and the other Barons voted with him to strip Widow of her title and lands. But Quinn decided to gate crash the party, and attacked the mansion with a force of his own Clippers. The only notable casualty was Ryder though, who Quinn himself killed. That scene was pretty good, as it showed not only how easily Quinn could dominate Ryder in a fight (seriously, it was like watching an RL adult beat up a 10-year-old), but how batshit insane that tumor is making him.

We also got to see what all the other Barons look like, as well as watch them in action a bit. Unsurprisingly, all of them were depicted as being highly skilled fighters, like Quinn, Widow, and the late Jacobee was. Ryder was the only Baron who was weak as shit, and literally climbed through a window to run away the moment he saw his father (not that it helped much in the end).

Veil also tried to escape while Quinn and most of his men were away, killing the Clipper left to guard her, but ultimately failing in getting out of the compound.

No Sunny and Bajie in the episode though.

It sets things up rather interestingly now though. Because the rest of the Barons have basically declared war on both the Widow (because she refused to give up her land and title) and Quinn (because he surprise attacked them and killed several of their Clippers), so we can expect a serious bloodbath to come.

cdtm
Looks like Bajie might have been stronger then Sunny at one point. The Abbott guy said he had dark power and everything.

Clearly, he's let himself go since.

Arachnid1
It's pretty entertaining. It's set in a post-apocalyptic, feudal-style world, with supernatural elements to it. And the fight choreography shits on most other shows, especially recent disappointments like Iron Fist.

At the moment it's my favourite show on TV.

I appreciate the input. I'll start it today

Flyattractor
Yeah, Bajie is a fun character but sadly, since it is Nick Frost it probably means he will be killed off at the end of the season, cause to save the money.

Dreampanther
Any speculation on what happened at the end of last episode?

My guess is: Sonny just got an upgrade.

TheVaultDweller
I actually interpreted that a bit differently. The Abbott knew it was game over for him, so did some Dark One chi shenanigans to hurt Sunny and force them to return to the Master to help him. So, even in death, the Abbot would succeed in making M.K. (and apparently Bajie) return to a place they both heavily despise.

riv6672
I actually interpreted that a bit differently. The Abbott knew it was game over for him, so did some Dark One chi shenanigans to hurt Sunny and force them to return to the Master to help him. So, even in death, the Abbot would succeed in making M.K. (and apparently Bajie) return to a place they both heavily despise.
Thats what i thought, too.

My spouse watches the show, and i only pay moderate attention, so who knows.
Actually watched this last night, and saw this thread on the front page so popped in to say 'hi'

Dreampanther
Yeah, that was my other thought.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/saivfFPED1ug0/giphy.gif#3-grid1

cdtm

Same. Dark monk didn't have any reason to help him, and the siezure's happened right after those pressure point attacks.

Flyattractor
Any speculation on what happened at the end of last episode?

My guess is: Sonny just got an upgrade.

That would not surprise me.

carthage
The Abbot was a beast.

Flyattractor
Wonder if someone will use the "Healing Power Magic" on Quinn to save him from his brain tumor?

TheVaultDweller
Possible, but his batshit antics are rather entertaining. I vote heal the tumor but keep the crazy.

Flyattractor
True. Still Quinn has plenty in his life to keep Him Full on da Wacky Train!!!!!

Flyattractor
Geee....I WONDER who the "Flea" will turn out to be...

*cough,cough the widow cough cough*

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, that was my thoughts as well. She used to be one of them, and the events Bajie described lines up, age-wise, in terms of when she became a cog. Also, the whole fighting slavery thing is a pretty strong hint.

Flyattractor
And only 3 eps left this season....Well Crap. That went by Way WAY to fast. Especailly when compared to a certain other AMC show that DRAGS on and ON like some wandering DEAD thing....

PaleMysts
I really enjoy this show because it shows how the future might be. It shows an anarcho capitalist society, basically. I think it would be awesome, I mean opium, prostitution, pretty much everything is legal and you can do whatever you want.

cdtm
Veil's kind of an idiot.

The thing is, why was she in such a hurry to escape? The first time.

She was well cared for, her kid was well cared for, and Quinn obviously thought she loved him (Until her actions made him paranoid..)

On her own, how was she going to care for an infant anyways? I doubt there's child support services, day care, or any kind of aid for single mothers..

TheVaultDweller
Damn, Quinn has a lot of kill marks. Obviously not as many as Sunny, but a lot more than most.

cdtm
Damn, Quinn has a lot of kill marks. Obviously not as many as Sunny, but a lot more than most.

He rose to power the hard way. Earned everything he ever had.

Kind of tragic, going out to a tumor.

TheVaultDweller
He rose to power the hard way. Earned everything he ever had.

Kind of tragic, going out to a tumor.

Even though he is the bad guy, I like how he is handling it. A lot of people would just throw themselves a pity party, but he is just like, "F*ck it, I'm dying anyway. So, I might as well go for broke".

cdtm
Iris killed on Flash, and now Veil killed on Badlands. It's been a good week. thumb up

BruceSkywalker
is the season finale awesome?

carthage
Holy **** that blood spin capoeira move Sunny did when he cut off Quinn's clippers legs was amazing. All that in spite of being crushed by that stone archway/shot multiple times by crossbow bolts Baji is ****ing badass too

KingD19
Quinn was some kind of freak of nature. He got impaled completely three separate times and was still able to give Sunny a fight.

Flyattractor
Yeah, that was kind of funny. People like Sunny, and the Baron and even Widow's daughter girl can pretty much shake off Massive Battle Damage but Badje...
Badje acts like those scissors in his side are a mortal wound. When
compared to what we saw before it should hardly be a scratch

TheVaultDweller
Quinn was some kind of freak of nature. He got impaled completely three separate times and was still able to give Sunny a fight.

That was pretty insane. Even though Sunny had already seen quite a bit of action, I struggle to see anyone else other than a trained Dark One giving him that much of a fight. Don't think even Silver Moon would have managed that. And that's ignoring the multiple Veil distractions that made Quinn take his focus off Sunny.

Sunny and Bajie fodderising those Clippers was also great. So many flying limbs all over the place. Those two make a pretty great team.

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Yeah, that was kind of funny. People like Sunny, and the Baron and even Widow's daughter girl can pretty much shake off Massive Battle Damage but Badje...
Badje acts like those scissors in his side are a mortal wound. When
compared to what we saw before it should hardly be a scratch

Yeah, that was kind of weird. Sunny got stabbed with a friggin' sai in an almost identical spot and shrugged it off, and that was after the two arrows as well. He also got smashed around by Quinn, flying like 20 feet into a bunch of scaffolding and stuff. Quinn got stabbed and impaled in multiple parts of his torso and kept going. But Bajie has trouble with scissors. And you would think he'd have that thick layer of fat protecting him.

Flyattractor
Still want to know if Badje will actually SURVIVE this seasn to next.

Surprised they could afford Nick Frost on an AMC budget.

TheVaultDweller
Not sure if he will be back. They left his fate very open-ended. A 15 episode season 3 has already been confirmed though. Pretty sure Quinn is dead for good this time around. Getting stabbed in the side, throat, and impaled through the stomach and left upper torso, and then bleeding out over the floor is hard to come back from.

It also does make me wonder. If Quinn is that formidable as an old guy dying of brain cancer, what kind of monster was he when he was younger and healthier?

KingD19
Probably a white Sunny.

BruceSkywalker
wow looking forward to watching this later

Flyattractor
Not sure if he will be back. They left his fate very open-ended. A 15 episode season 3 has already been confirmed though. Pretty sure Quinn is dead for good this time around. Getting stabbed in the side, throat, and impaled through the stomach and left upper torso, and then bleeding out over the floor is hard to come back from.

It also does make me wonder. If Quinn is that formidable as an old guy dying of brain cancer, what kind of monster was he when he was younger and healthier?

Yeah but how long is the Wait for Season 3?

Arachnid1
I got caught up in this. Great show, though the story can be hit or miss. Awesome characters though.

Unfortunately this season killed off both Ryder and Quinn who were damn entertaining (Ryder in a love to hate kind of way). I'm not sure Widow could carry the next season as a main big bad. I love her character but she's not big bad material.

Also, I wasn't a fan of Quinns motivation. His fixation on a child that isn't his to the point of being willing to sacrifice every single one of his clippers and himself was horrible character motivation. He should have just killed Veil and Henry and focused on bigger things like rebuilding his empire while Sunny was thrown in as a wild card hunting him down for revenge. Waste of a great villain.

cdtm
Don't forget about Baiji. Damned pair of scissors.

TheVaultDweller
Unfortunately this season killed off both Ryder and Quinn who were damn entertaining (Ryder in a love to hate kind of way). I'm not sure Widow could carry the next season as a main big bad. I love her character but she's not big bad material.

Maybe the Master will make a return as well. Bajie and M.K. stirred up a lot of shit at the monastery, so she has good motivation to come after them.

Also, I wasn't a fan of Quinns motivation. His fixation on a child that isn't his to the point of being willing to sacrifice every single one of his clippers and himself was horrible character motivation. He should have just killed Veil and Henry and focused on bigger things like rebuilding his empire while Sunny was thrown in as a wild card hunting him down for revenge. Waste of a great villain.

Well, to be fair, he was completely batshit insane at that point, because of the brain tumour. He also wanted to leave a legacy after what happened with Ryder (which really seemed like a tipping point where his sanity was concerned). After everything he'd worked for during his life, at one point becoming the most powerful individual in the entire Badlands, he was in danger of having absolutely nothing left to show for his life once he died. It was a combination of desperation and a fracturing mind.

TheVaultDweller
Don't forget about Baiji. Damned pair of scissors.

I couldn't really appreciate the gravity of it at the time, because Bajie's indignation about the scissors reminded me of this:

an0bVaTjF_Y

cdtm
Maybe the Master will make a return as well. Bajie and M.K. stirred up a lot of shit at the monastery, so she has good motivation to come after them.

Well, to be fair, he was completely batshit insane at that point, because of the brain tumour. He also wanted to leave a legacy after what happened with Ryder (which really seemed like a tipping point where his sanity was concerned). After everything he'd worked for during his life, at one point becoming the most powerful individual in the entire Badlands, he was in danger of having absolutely nothing left to show for his life once he died. It was a combination of desperation and a fracturing mind.

Exactly.

And you ask me, Veil sent him off the deep end. It was his hallucination warning him against her that started the trip into madness.

Would he have lost it if Veil was genuinely loyal to him? Maybe.. But from her perspective, Quinn had the means to care for her kid, and seemed to genuinely want to give him the keys to the kingdom. I'm not saying give up on escaping, but there was no reason for the desperate measures she took.. She could have easily waited until her kid was old enough to, say, eat solid foods.

Instead she acted like leaving immediately was a matter of life and death, and kept pressing the issue and doing a terrible job of hiding her intentions until it TURNED INTO a matter of life and death.

Flyattractor
Maybe the Master will show up and Heal Quinn up and get rid of his Tumor and he can go full on SUPER VILLAIN!!!

Eh... I can dream can't I?

TheVaultDweller
I was wondering where they were going to take this after the death of Quinn, and this looks promising:

-Jtys3lxu-w

carthage
Pilgrim and those assassin chicks that were powering through those levels of wooden floors look OP

TheVaultDweller
The two at around 1:08? They're Dark Ones. You can see the black eyes in some of the shots.

TheVaultDweller
I wonder which faction Lewis Tan's character will be a member of. Get a good look at him at 1:58, but his outfit doesn't seem to match any of the Barons.

carthage
Tilda legit looks to be on another level this season than on the past
I wonder if she could take the Widow, yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGiB5saooHQ

TheVaultDweller
It's hard to say much as of yet. After all, it looks like the Widow herself has become good enough to at least match Silver Moon.

I'm curious to see what MK can do when he gets his Dark One powers back, now that he actually has a decent bit of combat training under his belt. Even as a relative noob, he could stomp a Baron, their Regent, and their backup, while in DO mode.

TheVaultDweller
Solid opener. Really set things up for an interesting and potentially very spectacular season. I wonder how they are going to deal with Dark Baby Henry.

Flyattractor
I dunno if this show will be as much fun without the Baron Quinn.

TheVaultDweller
Quinn will definitely be missed, but there was a lot shown in the season pilot that got me intrigued for the new story arc.

Like the Pilgrim, who seemingly led his people from Azra. As well as his two Dark One bodyguards, who look like they could actually be siblings.

I mean hell, they gave a baby super powers. And not the fun, Disney kind either. Rather the kind that makes you go into a bloodlusted rage and murder everyone around you. So, I want to see how that's going to be portrayed in this scenario.

Edit: So, the two Dark Ones are apparently called Nix and Castor, and Pilgrim's partner is described as a "sorceress and a seer" in the one character description.

carthage

TheVaultDweller
Am I seeing things, or did Sunny actually tear the door off that car?

Also, interesting to note the NYC on the side. The Badlands (or at least parts of it) are maybe located where New York City used to be?

carthage

carthage

carthage

TheVaultDweller
Yeah. Silver Moon is quickly becoming one of the better characters in the show. And that mech hand of his is OP. Honestly not sure even the Widow would do as well against him in a rematch with his current gear. But things are getting really interesting. Also, the Widow seriously lucked out at the end there. If it wasn't for Tilda's intervention, MK would have murdered her ass then and there. Also, I love how the guy throws a shuriken into his side and he just yanks it out and throws it right back.

TheVaultDweller
So, Lewis Tan is playing Baron Chau's brother, and he will apparently be appearing on the next episode. Interesting character synopsis from AMC:

So, we already know he doesn't seem onboard with the Baron regime, to the point of being locked up due to his actions against it. Add in the whole "reluctant" bit of the description, and we might have a rogue player on our hands here.

TheVaultDweller
Sunny and Bajie better hope that they stumble across an armory or weapons cache or something. The Badlands is at war and they have one rusty sword between the two of them.

Dreampanther
Not sure they need it. At the moment they seem to be crushing their opponents.

TheVaultDweller
Maybe not up close, but people seem to be kinda dickish this season, and use a lot of crossbows and stuff. And Badlands characters love deflecting shit with swords.

Also, by my count, Silver Moon now has 4 swords lol. The 2 retractables he mentioned are in his hand (we see one when he fights Tilda), the other sword the Widow gave him and now Sunny gave him his old one back as well.

carthage
In a new clip Pilgrim absorbs the darkforce from Castor

https://mobile.twitter.com/IntotheBadlands/status/996918727298994181/photo/1

TheVaultDweller
Finally get some proper news, and it's bittersweet. Season 3 will finally pick up again on 24 March. However, it's also been confirmed that there won't be a season 4.

riv6672
Yeah thats bittersweet. My spouse likes that show, not looking forward to telling her.
Still, storywise it gives the writers a chance to craft a definitive ending, and i always appreciate that.
Unless of course, the ending sucks (looking at YOU, Dexter, How i met Your Mother, Seinfeld...).

Flyattractor
Show wont' be the same without Quinn.

carthage
It was a good run
Excellent show

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>