Whats Canon? DB Super Anime or Manga?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BeyonderGod
Manga Canon > Anime fillers.....

Anime did come out first but akira made a adaptation into a manga.

carver9
Don't worry about which one is canon or not.

BeyonderGod
Canon manners if you dont know please dont reply.

NewGuy01
No one knows.

bbrem123
One does not have superiority over the other.

BeyonderGod
Wrong.....canon means what's official.....

carver9
Please don't feed this troll.

NewGuy01
Preferably the manga, but probably the anime.

cdtm
Like the man said:

"This is an imaginary story...

..Aren't they all?" -Alan Moore

BeyonderGod
Manga to me seems more canon.

StiltmanFTW
Been discussed before.

Anime is, because Toriyama is involved. He doesn't write manga.

Ridley_Prime
I'm guessing you wanted the anime to be the non-canon one so that any of its feats would be invalidated?

AuraAngel
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I'm guessing you wanted the anime to be the non-canon one so that any of its feats would be invalidated?

What? That's crazy. That is just...that is crazy Ridley. You need to like....man. I don't know. You're crazy.

To answer your question BG it is hard to say. The typical formula is the manga has a run and, if popular, an anime adaption follows after. Filler is meant to buy the manga time so that the anime does not catch up to it and leave the original story behind. At that point the anime loses the blue prints of the original story.

In this case the original creator of Goku, Vegeta, Beerus and the like is not writing a manga that the anime is following. He's basically double dipping by giving both the anime and manga the same story notes to follow and allowing others to tell his story further. In addition from what I understand about the Japanese market it is very much the case that the anime is meant to advertise the manga while the manga by it's nature advertises the anime(I wanna see Naruto vs Sasuke animated=viewers for the episodes). However in Toriyama's case he seems to rely far more on the animated version of his story(instead of telling Battle of Gods through manga he chose to use the anime). Right now it feels, to me, like the manga is meant to advertise the anime more blatantly than the other way around.

Complicating matters further is that the manga and anime were basically neck and neck when the DBS project was announced, with neither officially the front runner. Now the manga has decided to skip Freeza all together so if you want the story of Freeza's return you have no choice but to watch the anime versions. Does that mean the Freeza stuff is non-canon? Well no obviously not because we all know it happens and the manga flat out tells us this happens.

Anyway unless something major happens that causes a massive contradiction I see no reason to hold one as more canon than the other. In DBS the anime Beerus defeated Gotenks. In BoG he defeated Super Gotenks. In DBS the manga he defeated SSJ3 Gotenks. Arguing which is canon is sorta missing the forest for the trees. Beerus is stronger than Gotenks no matter what form he uses is the general message you're supposed to get.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by carver9
Please don't feed this troll.

Report/ignore the troll.

NewGuy01
Freeza wasn't skipped, it was done before the rest.

AuraAngel
In the manga they took care of Freeza entirely offscreen. If the manga is the true canon then that means everything involving him is "filler" as it were.

Which would also mean Goku getting blasted by the laser is non-canon. I don't think that's what BG wants but hey.

carver9
Did the manga introduce Frieza like the Anime did? Did he show up at all in the Manga?

AuraAngel
No. He is literally taken care of offscreen because the mangaka didn't wanna do the Freeza stuff and wanted to get onto Champa. You know, the fun stuff.

NewGuy01
No, it was skipped because they released this beforehand:

http://mangafox.me/manga/dragon_ball_z_rebirth_of_f/

bbrem123
Ohhh so that is actually canon?

Also RoF was never finish in the manga. They stopped when Frieza was about to transform.

AuraAngel
Which still doesn't cover how the fight actually ended.

I'm not sure why you're hung up on the details of why.

NewGuy01
Of course not, it was promotional for the movie. Regardless of the fact that the end wasn't shown, the RoF storyline is encompassed within the manga. The reason they skipped it is because they already covered it, and there's really no point in awkwardly cutting in to end the battle right after they finish the BoG arc.

AuraAngel
They have no covered it at all in the Dragon Ball Super manga. Sure it would be awkward to redo it but let's be real here: redoing the whole Beerus stuff was strange.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by AuraAngel
redoing the whole Beerus stuff was strange.
This.

SSJGGogeta
They're both cannon. DBS anime is anime cannon, and the manga is manga cannon. Although in regards to the series as a whole, the anime is actually primary cannon. Toriyama doesn't write the manga.

Meaning, yes, BG, the universal feats still stand, you poser. thumb up

StiltmanFTW
Pirates use cannons stick out tongue Canon in this thread has one "n", lol.

Beyonder can cry all he wants. Truth is, Goku and the rest don't even need Super feats to challenge and beat the likes of Superman.

BeyonderGod
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Beyonder can cry all he wants. Truth is, Goku doesnt have any Super feats to challenge and beat the likes of Superman.
Superman > Goku?
Yeah thumb up

But no Manga seems more canon than the Anime.

Time-Immemorial

Beyonder can cry all he wants. Truth is, Goku and the rest don't even need Super feats to challenge and beat the likes of Superman.

laughing out loud

BeyonderGod
That's all he can do is laugh because its a joke. thumb up

Time-Immemorial

Yea he has not provided any facts or scans, most of what he says is outright lies and exaggerations and misrepresenting characters. He just got off a ban, and he's working on his last, then we will never have to deal with him again.

BeyonderGod
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Yea he has not provided any facts or scans, most of what he says is outright lies and exaggerations and misrepresenting characters. He just got off a ban, and he's working on his last, then we will never have to deal with him again.
1. I have posted facts you just ignore it out of ignorance and scans? Man please I have watched/read ALL of Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z/Super and I watched GT so you are lying VERY hard.
2. Out right lies? And exaggerations? And misrepresenting? I HOPE you aren't confusing yourself+your friends with me. laughing out loud Because I'm the direct OPPOSITE.
3. Got off a ban? Because you keep provoking how about growing up? Geez its just an anime series.
4. I'll doubt that very highly. thumb up

U need Leonard
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
Toriyama doesn't write the manga.

He doesn't write the anime either. In the anime, he's given the title of author due to his contributions in pre-production, he makes the same contributions for the manga; in which he is given virtually the same credit.

Since there are no contradictions and outside of pure curiosity, this should never really be a problem or a major question.

AsbestosFlaygon
Toriyama himself probably doesn't even know which one is canon anymore. laughing out loud

He just wants to keep making DB to keep OPM in check. In other words, he doesn't want Saitama to surpass Goku in strength and durability.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Toriyama himself probably doesn't even know which one is canon anymore. laughing out loud

He just wants to keep making DB to keep OPM in check. In other words, he doesn't want Saitama to surpass Goku in strength and durability.

I honestly think he may have added the universe busting feats just to prove that Goku beats Superman. Which would be FINE by me, because it's pretty hilarious to see that everything DBZ fans said was actually true, and 99% of other series fans were just disregarding it.

Can't wait to see how strong Goku and Vegeta end up becoming. I wouldn't be too shocked if they became strong enough to fight with the god of creation, and defeat him, or something.

AuraAngel
Goku: "Beerus-sama you may be a god...but who are you to decide someone's limits?"

Toriyama is so salty towards Death Battle.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by AuraAngel
Goku: "Beerus-sama you may be a god...but who are you to decide someone's limits?"

Toriyama is so salty towards Death Battle.

He's not salty, he just has fun disparaging the little imps at Screwattack.

He happens to be the CREATOR of DB, meaning his say-so is final. And he apparently didn't like making Goku do things like destroy planets, galaxies and universes when he fights, so he made someone like Beerus who doesn't give a shit.

AsbestosFlaygon
To be honest, I think current Krillin (the strongest human in DB) is arguably stronger than current Saitama (the strongest human in OPM). DB fans in the web are claiming that Krillin is currently as strong as Android-saga Vegeta.

But the thing is, Saitama has no limits. We've seen Goku's limit (his strongest form is SSGSS), and he puts much effort in most of his battles. In Saitama's case, it's the other way around. He beats his opponents so effortlessly because all of them are so far beneath him, they're like bugs to him. Maybe if he was in DB, he'd meet a rival in Goku, since most villains in DB are much stronger than OPM's.

carver9
Yep. OPM doesn't fight people near the level of even Nappa so him running through his opponents is nice and all but it's not comparable to DBZ since the villains are on an entirely different level. You can't compare the two imo.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
To be honest, I think current Krillin (the strongest human in DB) is arguably stronger than current Saitama (the strongest human in OPM). DB fans in the web are claiming that Krillin is currently as strong as Android-saga Vegeta.

But the thing is, Saitama has no limits. We've seen Goku's limit (his strongest form is SSGSS), and he puts much effort in most of his battles. In Saitama's case, it's the other way around. He beats his opponents so effortlessly because all of them are so far beneath him, they're like bugs to him. Maybe if he was in DB, he'd meet a rival in Goku, since most villains in DB are much stronger than OPM's.

I agree with that.

However, don't pull a Screwattack here. Saitama has had to get serious before in his fights, even if he didn't have to go all out. Even assuming he only used 1% against Boros, that'd still make him a star buster, which is only Android level.

Saitama can one-shot all the town busters he wants, but getting serious against a planet buster implies that he was at least nearing his limit. So anyone planet level+ can compete with him, at least.

If Saitama went to DBS, he'd hit a hard wall at Krillin, who happens to be the weakest relevant character in the series. The best Saitama could hope for is being a peer of Krillin. And he'd stop hard when we get to the actual fighters like Gohan and Piccolo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.