France and Russia join forces to bomb IS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SamZED
http://news.yahoo.com/putin-hollande-agree-coordinate-military-syria-151850440.html

Good to know.

Q99
Not at all surprising, and may Daesh fall quickly.

Adam Grimes
Well, these guys obviously didn't know what they were getting into. It sucks for the innocent people though.

Time-Immemorial
Great news.

riv6672
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Well, these guys obviously didn't know what they were getting into. It sucks for the innocent people though.
The innocent Russian, French people yes. My thoughts go out to them.

Omega Vision
Hopefully the Russians will take the bombing of their plane as a sign that ISIS is a more pressing enemy than the Free Syrian Army, and they'll stop fighting Al-Assad's war and focus on the real threat.

Time-Immemorial
Hopefully Russia will accidentally kill Assad.

Q99
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Hopefully Russia will accidentally kill Assad.

That would be interesting, if fairly unlikely.

Also the innocent people in the area who just want to not-be-killed by Daesh.

Lebanon/Beirut was hit last week too....

Daesh really has made enemies of practically the entire world.

Robtard
Is calling ISIS/ISIL "Daesh" similar in how George H.W, Bush insultingly referred to Saddam as "Saadd-dam"?

Flyattractor
I prefer the way Bob Hope referred to Saddam. as Maddass!~

jaden101
Good stuff. Bombing will quickly get those countries back to being secure just like it did with Libya, Niger, Somalia, Yemen, Iraq, Afghanistan etc

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by jaden101
Good stuff. Bombing will quickly get those countries back to being secure just like it did with Libya, Niger, Somalia, Yemen, Iraq, Afghanistan etc

are you suggesting that these bombings fit the definition of insanity?

Flyattractor
Originally posted by jaden101

None of these countries have EVER in the entirety of human history have ever been SECURE!

ares834
http://i.imgur.com/U7Ghu2s.gif

Flyattractor
Originally posted by ares834
http://i.imgur.com/U7Ghu2s.gif

You have to point it out. Democrats/Liberals/Progressives don't have what is known universally as a "Sense of Humor".

Adam Grimes
laughing out loud

Bardock42
Originally posted by Flyattractor
You have to point it out. Democrats/Liberals/Progressives don't have what is known universally as a "Sense of Humor".

Yeah, it's usually the ones not getting the joke who have superb sense of humor.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yeah, it's usually the ones not getting the joke who have superb sense of humor.

....Ok Who explained it to Bardy?

Omega Vision
I think what FA is lacking is basic intelligence, not sense of humor.

Flyattractor
I thought about going with Basic but then I didn't want to be labeled a progressive so I went with Advanced instead.

red g jacks
None of these countries have EVER in the entirety of human history have ever been SECURE! not true... iraq has been relatively secure at several points in human history. it just wasn't called iraq.

Robtard
Even when called Iraq it was relatively secure, Saddam kept the people we now call terrorist in check, since they threatened his dictatorship.

red g jacks
Sort of... It was internally secure but outwardly belligerent.. Which in turn made it not secure... Similar to north Korea or nazi Germany

Tzeentch
Iraq was outwardly belligerent to people who didn't help it further its own self-interests -in that regard it really isn't any different from the US, or most countries.

edit- iirc, 1832 was approximately the last time that the US managed to go one year without being officially in a state of "at war" with another state or organization. I wouldn't really compare us to Nazi Germany though.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by red g jacks
not true... iraq has been relatively secure at several points in human history. it just wasn't called iraq. Originally posted by Robtard
Even when called Iraq it was relatively secure, Saddam kept the people we now call terrorist in check, since they threatened his dictatorship.
If you want to consider saying that OPPRESION is a form of tolerable security.

Q99
Isis executes a China national, China vows to bring them to justice

Daesh's strategy really seems to be "Piss off entire world, hope that they get in each other's way."

With a side-order of "and that they lash out blindly enough against Muslims to push more recruits their way." (Seriously, Islamophobia is literally their recruiting strategy. Oppose it!).

Tzeentch
If you want to consider saying that OPPRESION is a form of tolerable security. It's apparently pretty tolerable to the United States, since we were the ones who gave him the weapons to oppress people with.

But, I'm guessing you didn't know that.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Tzeentch
It's apparently pretty tolerable to the United States, since we were the ones who gave him the weapons to oppress people with.

But, I'm guessing you didn't know that.

Making a buck is making a buck. He passed the back ground checks so we sold him stuff. As long as he blew up his people with them what should I care.

That and Knowing and Giving a **** are two diff things.

smokin'

Tzeentch
We sold them to him because he agreed to fight Iran for us if we did, and we sold them to him knowing that he was going to use them to create biological weapons, which is a war-crime.

And, of course you don't give a ****- you'd never let silly things like facts get in the way of your crusade to be the most retarded human being alive.

AbnormalButSane
Originally posted by Q99
Isis executes a China national, China vows to bring them to justice

Daesh's strategy really seems to be "Piss off entire world, hope that they get in each other's way."

With a side-order of "and that they lash out blindly enough against Muslims to push more recruits their way." (Seriously, Islamophobia is literally their recruiting strategy. Oppose it!).

I really think the latter is their main goal. It's a great recruiting mechanism. Unfortunately.

Q99
Originally posted by AbnormalButSane
I really think the latter is their main goal. It's a great recruiting mechanism. Unfortunately.

Yes. They've outright said it to messages to their people.

It's kinda sad that it can work as well as it does when some of the worst people on Earth are saying, "This is what we want to happen and why."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.