MCU vs. Sentinels (DOFP)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
The sentinels have completely wiped out mutants in their reality and has now sent 15 of their number to cross over to the Marvel Cinematic Universe to take out other super powered beings. The heroes of the MCU have banded together (as well as the few living villains left) to stop the sentinel threat. Will they succeed?

MCU team:

Ironman
Captain America
Thor
Hulk
Hawkeye
Black Widow
Vision
Scarlet Witch
Falcon
Antman
Warmachine
Daisy Johnson
Star Lord
Drax
Gamora
Groot
Rocket Racoon
Daredevil
Loki
Winter Soldier
Kingpin

vs.

15 Sentinels.

They don't really know much about each other. The sentinels can sense the heroes have superpowers but don't know the specifics. The MCU team only knows that the sentinels are extra dangerous robots trying to destroy them. The MCU team, being on home turf, have their full arsenal/resources at their disposal (as long as said resources are equipment they've used in the past).

P.S. - If 15 sentinels is too much, reduce the number to 10 sentinels.

juggerman
15 is too few to win. Magneto was able to destroy a few so the MCU is able to at least take them out. Thor, Hulk and Vision could probably take 15 out tho it would not be easy. Rocket and Stark could also probably invent stuff to seriously damage if not destroy some as well. Scarlet Witch is also likely to take out a couple

Haven't seen Antman yet so not sure if he could help here.

But 15 lose imo

Utrigita
MCU for the win.

Robtard
Without mimicking powers from a mutant first, the Sentinels aren't that powerful, an exploding X-Jet destroyed several.

Thor or Hulk could solo 15. Loki might be able too.

IM and WM could likely take on 15

Antman probably could too by entering and destroying their CPU/brains

Sentinels are badass, but really only when facing mutants since they're specifically made to be anti-mutant power

FrothByte
Huh. Considering how easily the sentinels destroyed the mutants, I was thinking 15 was overkill. What number of sentinels do you think is necessary to make this an even match?

Robtard
Originally posted by FrothByte
Huh. Considering how easily the sentinels destroyed the mutants, I was thinking 15 was overkill. What number of sentinels do you think is necessary to make this an even match?

Only because they were able to mimic and then effectively counter the mutant powers on several instances. Before powering up, they're basically just robots.

Since none of the opponents posses the X-gene, which is what the Sentinels copy, it's basically robots Vs some of the MCU's heaviest hitters.

Better match would have been starting the Sentinels with a given mix of powers. eg Colossus' strength and invulnerability, Bobby's ice, Magneto's magnetism, etc.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Robtard
Only because they were able to mimic and then effectively counter the mutant powers on several instances. Before powering up, they're basically just robots.

Since none of the opponents posses the X-gene, which is what the Sentinels copy, it's basically robots Vs some of the MCU's heaviest hitters.

Better match would have been starting the Sentinels with a given mix of powers. eg Colossus' strength and invulnerability, Bobby's ice, Magneto's magnetism, etc.

What if we allowed the sentinels the ability to copy the powers of the Avengers (for those who have powers)?

Inhuman
What if we allowed the sentinels the ability to copy the powers of the Avengers (for those who have powers)?

Vision would just shut them down or phase through them, ripping their internals apart.

quanchi112
Mcu, easily.

BruceSkywalker
MCU stomps and stomps hard

TheVaultDweller
There are multiple people on that MCU list who could solo this, based on the OP. And even if they can adapt to the powers of some of the Avengers, they aren't all going to be copying heavy hitters like Thor, Hulk etc. at once, and the ones that don't are going to be turned to scrap pretty quickly by guys like Tony and Rhodey. Tony and Rhodey's damage output >>> Bishop's gun, based on feats, and he had no problem damaging them. Not sure how they would replicate Thor in anyways, considering I don't think you can adapt to "being worthy". This is a bad bad day for the Sentinels.

Utrigita
There was also specific powers they couldn't adapt to, Bishop has already been mentioned, another would be Blink, I would also like to see them try and adapt to Nightcrawler, Jean Grey or Quicksilver to mention a few.

juggerman
I assumed they could adapt to the MCU when I gave Marvel the win. If they can't then that's just stupid

Silent Master
Originally posted by juggerman
I assumed they could adapt to the MCU when I gave Marvel the win. If they can't then that's just stupid

Why would it be stupid?

juggerman
Cuz if they can't adapt then they really have no chance at all. At least with adapting an argument can be made of them doing ok and maybe even winning

FrothByte
Cuz if they can't adapt then they really have no chance at all. At least with adapting an argument can be made of them doing ok and maybe even winning

That's kinda what I was going for when I made the thread. That they could adapt.

juggerman
That's what I figured and that's what I had in mind in my initial response.

ShadowFyre
That's kinda what I was going for when I made the thread. That they could adapt.

Well your the boss in this thread. Unless you say they can directly copy Thor and Hulk and Vision, then they lose badly. But if they can copy then they stalemate ( exactly as powerful as opponent) or win due to numbers I guess.

juggerman
I never thought they "copied" powers. Wouldn't really call it "adapting" either. I always saw it as they have several presets they can change to and from and they use which ever is needed at that time.

For example, at the end of DofP there was a diamond Sentinel and one with claws like Deathstrike. If they copied powers then I don't see how they would have gotten those in that fight. Also dunno what they were adapting to for those powers.

Basically I think they would use their best powers to fight Thor Hulk and Vision but they would still get scrapped. They might be able to take someone out but the MCU is too strong to lose imo

Robtard
The sentinels copy mutant powers after being exposed to said power(s) for a short length of time, they also can share*** that power to other sentinels, so they probably some sort of hive-mind.

***The scene where the sentinel being scorched by Sunspot and the sentinel being frozen by Iceman, they then traded copied powers to counter each mutant.

juggerman
The sentinels copy mutant powers after being exposed to said power(s) for a short length of time, they also can share*** that power to other sentinels, so they probably some sort of hive-mind.

***The scene where the sentinel being scorched by Sunspot and the sentinel being frozen by Iceman, they then traded copied powers to counter each mutant.

But there was no diamond mutant nor was there a clawed mutant in the final battle which leads me to believe it wasn't copying powers. Of course I could be wrong and maybe it was just an editing mistake but copying doesn't make sense with those other powers

FrothByte
Ok. Let's make it official then. The sentinels can copy the powers of any of the MODIFIED members of the MCU team. Meaning they can copy those who were actually given or developed powers like Hulk, Captain America, Scarlet Witch, Daredevil, etc.

They can't copy the powers of those beings whose powers are part of their native physiology like Thor, Loki, Groot and Vision.

They obviously can't copy powers that are given through technology like Ant-man's or IM's suits.

Let's bump up the number of sentinels to 30. Furthermore, the sentinels can share their absorbed powers between themselves.

How does the battle fair?

Robtard
But there was no diamond mutant nor was there a clawed mutant in the final battle which leads me to believe it wasn't copying powers. Of course I could be wrong and maybe it was just an editing mistake but copying doesn't make sense with those other powers

I took it as they gained those powers previously after fighting and killing those other mutants.

Though it does leave a hole, if they can indefinitely keep powers once copied, why were some Sentinels fodder.

Robtard
Ok. Let's make it official then. The sentinels can copy the powers of any of the MODIFIED members of the MCU team. Meaning they can copy those who were actually given or developed powers like Hulk, Captain America, Scarlet Witch, Daredevil, etc.

They can't copy the powers of those beings whose powers are part of their native physiology like Thor, Loki, Groot and Vision.

They obviously can't copy powers that are given through technology like Ant-man's or IM's suits.

Let's bump up the number of sentinels to 30. Furthermore, the sentinels can share their absorbed powers between themselves.

Copying Hulk would probably net them a win, even if half are destroyed during the process, 15 Hulk-powered Sentinels would be a force the MCU probably couldn't stop.

juggerman
I took it as they gained those powers previously after fighting and killing those other mutants.

Though it does leave a hole, if they can indefinitely keep powers once copied, why were some Sentinels fodder.

I guess that's as valid a point as mine.

I heard that in the deleted scenes it showed that Rogue's power was also used in the Sentinals. Does anyone know if that's that case and if so should it be used here?

juggerman

Well if we are assuming that they indeed copy powers then I agree with rob here. 30 or so Hulk like Sentinels would wreck everyone's shit. Plus add the fact they would be Hulk+ since they have more versatility that the actual Hulk has. Plus Quick Silver's speed and Scarlet Witch's power too? Yeah they would win this imo

FrothByte
Fine. Bring it back down to 15. That said, didn't the sentinels need some time to hold physical contact before they can copy powers? Will they be able to hold down Hulk long enough to copy his powers or will he just smash through them?

Quicksilver isn't part of this fight.

FrothByte
Guess it's pretty hard to make this match somewhat even. How about if the sentinels can't share powers. They can only absorb the powers of those they get in contact with, and they'll need at least 5 seconds of contact with that person to copy powers.

Utrigita
Guess it's pretty hard to make this match somewhat even. How about if the sentinels can't share powers. They can only absorb the powers of those they get in contact with, and they'll need at least 5 seconds of contact with that person to copy powers.

Then they'll be lucky if they survive long enough to find a way to adapt past Hulk or Thor for that matter. I agree that it's a hard matchup to make even.

Placidity

I believe this is correct. Was awesome seeing what I think was Lady Deathstrike (*comic book*) and Emma Frost's powers.

A good fight would be to use the Sentinels that fought in the last battle in DoFP, which had already absorbed multiple powers.

Question: Did Juggernaut die in X3? I was wondering how the Sentinels would have defeated him - assuming 1) he survived 2) he is invulnerable like in the comics.

I think Sebastian Shaw is another which could have taken on the Sentinels.

TheVaultDweller
I don't recall them ever mentioning whether he lived or died. There is a novelization where they mention that Iceman saved Pyro after KOing him, but I don't remember them shedding light on Juggernaut's fate. I might be mistaken though.

Shaw would have been an interesting foe. I can just see him standing there while a future sentinel tries to use its face blast on him, only for him to absorb the energy, and then shove it back in its face while saying "adapt to this".

relentless1
the Sentinels would replicate powers then they all would be ****ed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.