Justice League Dark

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack M
Looks like this thing is a go. Anyone see Big Bad Wolves? Looks like directors Aharon Keshales and Navot Papushado as well as Evil Deads Fede Alvarez are the front runners to direct.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/report-warner-bros-narrows-justice-league-dark-director-search-to-three?utm_campaign=report-warner-bros-narrows-justice-league-dark-director-search-t&utm_medium=internal_links&utm_source=breaking_banner

Robtard
I'd take Fede Alvarez over the other two.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Robtard
I'd take Fede Alvarez over the other two.

what has this guy done, Rob?

Robtard
Not a whole lot, Evil Dead remake is what he's likely most known for in the US.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1793079/

Zack M
Sounds like all 3 of them are directing.

Robtard
I'm assuming it's going to be multiple films and not all three on the first flick? Cos that's silly.

Kazenji
Seen one Rumor, Ron Perlman might be up for the Swamp Thing role.

BruceSkywalker
Not a whole lot, Evil Dead remake is what he's likely most known for in the US.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1793079/

thanks Rob... hopefully he can make a good film

Esau Cairn
I'm assuming it's going to be multiple films and not all three on the first flick? Cos that's silly.

Doesn't the Film Guild state only one director per film?
There was controversy with Frank Miller & Tarantino's involvement with Sin City.
Both helped Rodriguez direct but legally couldn't be credited for it.

Plus 3 directors on one film, that's already a disaster right from the start.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Esau Cairn

Plus 3 directors on one film, that's already a disaster right from the start.

As bad as too many cooks behind the scenes in the production.

jinXed by JaNx
So is Collin Ferrel going play, Constantine?

Kazenji
Who knows...maybe Ewan McGregor might take it he's the other that's been offered the role.

Esau Cairn
He butchered Obi Wan so no thanks.

Kazenji
Each to their own i guess, He was best in that role when it came toe Episode 2 & 3.

Esau Cairn
I honestly couldn't see Ewan's young Obi Wan maturing to a respected & legendary status that Alec Guinness played him to be.

jinXed by JaNx
You're nuts. I thought he fit the role great. He displayed a lot of maturity between, Episode 1 and 2 so i think it's fair to imagine that he could turn into the person we saw twenty years later in, Episode 4.

I didn't know he was offered the role for, Constantine. I could see him channeling some of his, Trainspotting days for, Constantine.

Impediment
Ron Perlman for Swamp Thing!

jinXed by JaNx
That works great for the voice acting.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Kazenji
Each to their own i guess, He was best in that role when it came toe Episode 2 & 3.

thumb up

He owned the role in Episodes 2 & 3.

Even many critics of the Prequels agree to that.

carthage
I thought he did a decent job with the weak script he was given in ROTS. I hope the rumors are true of his own standalone film

quanchi112
He butchered Obi Wan so no thanks. He made a great Kenobi. No surprise you don't think so, lonely guy.

Impediment
http://comicbook.com/2015/11/17/justice-league-dark-ron-perlman-and-colin-farrell-rumored-up-for/

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Impediment
http://comicbook.com/2015/11/17/justice-league-dark-ron-perlman-and-colin-farrell-rumored-up-for/

Farrell better be speaking with his natural accent and start cussing lol

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by quanchi112
He made a great Kenobi. No surprise you don't think so, lonely guy.

You're more obsessed with male characters than proving you have a g/f.

I bet you cross-dress your action figures.

Quincy
I figured Colin Farrell and Ewan Macgregor should switch their rumored roles

Robtard
You're more obsessed with male characters than proving you have a g/f.

I bet you cross-dress your action figures.

Ha

Esau Cairn
Ha

Dude, Quan's hit a record of 36 pages claiming he has a g/f over at HeroChat but still won't show proof.

It's hilarious & sad.

Darth Thor
Dude, Quan's hit a record of 36 pages claiming he has a g/f over at HeroChat but still won't show proof.

It's hilarious & sad.

Lol you got a link? Sounds entertaining.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Lol you got a link? Sounds entertaining.

Sorry can't link.
But check out HeroChat & go to The Jungle Room Forum.

Then go to General Comic Discussion & on the Vader Down thread, Quan openly endorses male anal rape as a sign of dominance. His words, not mine.

Darth Thor
Sorry can't link.
But check out HeroChat & go to The Jungle Room Forum.

Then go to General Comic Discussion & on the Vader Down thread, Quan openly endorses male anal rape as a sign of dominance. His words, not mine.

Ah Makes sense.

Any talk about Vader's awesomeness makes him go crazy.

playa1258
Herochat no thanks.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by playa1258
Herochat no thanks.

Ha ha what's wrong with HeroChat?

playa1258
Not my thing.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by playa1258
Not my thing.

*shrugs* okay.

It's just another message board...we're just a bit more laid back with the rules.

Kazenji
A proposed animation test for Swamp Thing

http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/news/check-out-the-proposed-animation-test-for-justice-league-darks-swamp-thing-191

Zack M
rx1tMn9xdxM

Kazenji
Is the live action one still happening?

Zack M
Probably not. I hope they do. The rumor cast was pretty good.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Zack M
rx1tMn9xdxM

Lol what was with the unfinished animation? Why would they put that in the trailer?

Kazenji
^ Clearly didn't read the title of the video.

Darth Thor
Can't see the title. Just played it on my phone.

Zack M
Holy shit. WB just nabbed Doug Liman!

"Justice League Dark" Film Moving Forward with Director Doug Liman

Darth Thor
Interesting. I didn't even know they were serious about this, considering there was never a release date and it wasn't on the slate they announced a couple of years ago going unto 2020.

Zack M
There were those 4chan rumors of Liman directing something for DCEU. Hopefully the George miller and Alfonso Cauron are also true.

BruceSkywalker
Very meh, will wait until the film is cast to judge

Zack M
According to IMDB, Doug will also do Edge of Tomorrow 2. Can't wait to see who they cast as Constantine.

BruceSkywalker
Eddie Murphy or James Earl Jones for Constantine

Zack M
Troll harder.

Kazenji
Holy shit. WB just nabbed Doug Liman!

"Justice League Dark" Film Moving Forward with Director Doug Liman

Oh no....Gambit movie is in limbo again.

Mindset
Who tf is Doug Liman?

Kazenji
He did Edge of Tomorrow & Bourne Identity, Fool.

Mindset
He did Edge of Tomorrow & Bourne Identity, Fool. Garbage movies.

Kazenji
GTFO.

BruceSkywalker
Troll harder.

thats your job dirtbag..

especially you can;t even tell when someone is clearly joking around since people are crying about Zendaya being MJ....

Zack M
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
thats your job dirtbag..

especially you can;t even tell when someone is clearly joking around since people are crying about Zendaya being MJ....

Don't lie. You know you wanted Eddie Murphy as Constantine. laughing out loud

Mindset
GTFO. lulface

Mindset
Don't lie. You know you wanted Eddie Murphy as Constantine. laughing out loud Who wouldn't?

Zack M
Edge of tomorrow was awesome. Same with Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Swinger, and Go. Quality choice.

MF DELPH
Considering that WB is where director's visions go to die by a thousand studio executive inflicted cuts this news isn't exactly confidence inspiring. Unless the director has an established cache of notoriety like a Spielberg, Stone, Nolan, or Scorsese I wouldn't trust WB's Front Office to not interfere with their cut. They seem to be hiring directors with big enough names to be known for a few good films by the general audience but not enough prestige to not be bullied by the studio.

ares834

MF DELPH
Yeah. I really liked End of Watch, Street Kings and Fury and that honestly made me excited, initially, to see Suicide Squad because I thought Ayer would go in a more Black Hawk Down or Aliens kind of 'heroes under fire' film where the Suicide Squad is sent into a war zone and overwhelmed, but WB wanted something more 'fun' where there weren't any real stakes and the style would have further draw. Hell, they should have just let Ayer adapt the Batman: Assault on Arkham animated film. That story's right in his area of expertise. Real shame too because I was hoping they'd eventually adapt Salvation Run into a film.

BruceSkywalker
Don't lie. You know you wanted Eddie Murphy as Constantine. laughing out loud

nah m just having if you can't see that then come up from that pedophile's table and think straight...

Tell us all, when you are with Campea, does he ask you, DO YOU BLEED????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Zack M
laughing out loud

Zack M
Originally posted by MF DELPH
Considering that WB is where director's visions go to die by a thousand studio executive inflicted cuts this news isn't exactly confidence inspiring. Unless the director has an established cache of notoriety like a Spielberg, Stone, Nolan, or Scorsese I wouldn't trust WB's Front Office to not interfere with their cut. They seem to be hiring directors with big enough names to be known for a few good films by the general audience but not enough prestige to not be bullied by the studio.

This will be a whole new producer, Scott Ruden. Not sure how the final product will turn out, though/

Firefly218
Now that we know WB was serious about this I'm disappointed Guillermo del toro isn't involved he'd have been amazing

Zack M
Well, it is based on his script/story. He's just not directing it.

BruceSkywalker
hopefully this will have a good cast.. affleck will cameo no doubt...

carthage
**** yeah another interesting DC title we'll have to wait for 2-4 years for while they release garbage like Aquaman

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by carthage
**** yeah another interesting DC title we'll have to wait for 2-4 years for while they release garbage like Aquaman

thumb up

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Firefly218
Now that we know WB was serious about this I'm disappointed Guillermo del toro isn't involved he'd have been amazing

They lost someone who was passionate about it That's what sucks. We'll see if this is another Wonder Woman/Joss Whedon loss.

Zack M
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
They lost someone who was passionate about it That's what sucks. We'll see if this is another Wonder Woman/Joss Whedon loss.

Who did they lose? Del Toro? He chose to do Pacific Rim 2 (WB) instead.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Why-Guillermo-del-Toro-Dropped-Justice-League-Dark-72664.html

Zack M
Originally posted by carthage

Rather take their time. Movies just don't come out of thin air, dude. Aquaman is helmed by James Wan, and I have faith he can do it right.

Firefly218

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Why-Guillermo-del-Toro-Dropped-Justice-League-Dark-72664.html Steven Deknight is doing pacific rim 2 though

WhiteWitchKing

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Why-Guillermo-del-Toro-Dropped-Justice-League-Dark-72664.html

He's not director for this project either.

Zack M
Steven Deknight is doing pacific rim 2 though

Just saw that, but it looks like he's still writing it and producing.

Zack M
He's not director for this project either.

He's writing and producing, among other projects. Doug Liman will still be working with Guillermo's story.

ares834

Eh. Del Toro hasn't done anything good in awhile. Not a loss IMO.

I'm sure he could create some cool looking monsters though.

WhiteWitchKing
Just saw that, but it looks like he's still writing it and producing.

Producing could mean anything. The director is the one to bring Del Toro's story to life. It might still work out him being a producer but I'd rather have him direct it.

Zack M
Producing could mean anything. The director is the one to bring Del Toro's story to life. It might still work out him being a producer but I'd rather have him direct it.

I'd rather him directing, too, but Doug Liman is a overall better director, so it's not a huge loss.

Firefly218
I'd rather him directing, too, but Doug Liman is a overall better director, so it's not a huge loss. I'd have to disagree. As great as edge of tomorrow and Bourne identity are, Pan's Labyrinth is one of the greatest movies of all time. Also those hellboy movies are GOLD dammit, I don't care who disagrees I love them unabashedly

Zack M
I'd have to disagree. As great as edge of tomorrow and Bourne identity are, Pan's Labyrinth is one of the greatest movies of all time. Also those hellboy movies are GOLD dammit, I don't care who disagrees I love them unabashedly

Don't forget Swingers and Go. Both solid movies. Doug is an all around more versatile director, IMO. Plus, he does action better.

I know you'll disagree, but I found Pan's Labyrinth to be highly overrated. Hellboy movies are pretty awesome.

WhiteWitchKing
Pan's Lanbrynth is amazing. You might have come in with high expectation from the praise it got. I watched it without knowing much and it was amazing. Heboy is great as well. His use of music made those Pacific Rim fights epic. When it comes to scifi and fantasy, GDT is among thd best directors.

ares834
I'd strongly disagree.

I've never understood the hype Del Toro has got. He is completely inconsistent and has created as many bad films as he has good. Yes, Pan's Labyrinth is an amazing film and Hellboy 2 was quite fun with some amazing creature designs. But the original Hellboy is utterly forgettable and films like Pacific Rim and Blade 2 were just complete messes.

Kazenji
I'm gonna have to side with WhiteWitchKing on debate, I'm another fan of his movies.

Zack M
Limon finally talks about JLD:

http://www.newsarama.com/31775-justice-league-dark-director-says-film-will-fundamentally-reinvent-superhero-movie-expectations.html

Zack M
Looks like it's still in development.

http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1655940/how-justice-league-dark-will-be-different-from-other-comic-book-movies

Dreampanther
Those fights in Pacific Rim were epic, with music so good it's now part of my soundtrack for kick-ass gaming moments. He's got my vote.

Kazenji
Doug Liman has left the project

http://www.superherohype.com/news/397803-justice-league-dark-movie

Zack M
Well, this movie is never getting made.

Adam Grimes
****, this could have been DC's GotG and they **** it up.

Zack M
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
****, this could have been DC's GotG and they **** it up.

It was never going to be a GOTG type of movie. That's not what the JLD is about

Darth Thor
Well, this movie is never getting made.

lol this is so normal for DC movies right now.

Zack M
To be fair, I'm not surprised. Liman dropped out of Gambit, too. His ideas for JLD wasn't that inspiring, either. Still, it would have been interesting, even though it wasn't really Justice league dark like.

Kazenji
The director of the upcoming IT movie is reportedly being eyed now

http://screenrant.com/justice-league-dark-andres-muschietti-director-rumor/

Darth Thor
^ So at least WB is serious about this happening.

Adam Grimes
It was never going to be a GOTG type of movie. That's not what the JLD is about In the way that it'd be an obscure team coming out of the blue with an excellent movie winning over the mainstream audience, that's what I meant.

Zack M

Zack M
I guess he left because of scheduling issues.

Darth Thor
That's always the go to excuse.

Zack M
Not really.

juggernaut74
There's always "creative" differences.

Zack M
When there is, it's usually announced. Like the Flash directors leaving. However, when there are schedule interference, then it's noted. Just like how Tom Hardy dropped out of Suicide Squad, because of his scheduling difficulties.

Ridley_Prime
Sucked as that may have, even Hardy wouldn't of saved SS far as quality, assuming it still had the reshoots and stuff.

Darth Thor
He would have worked out schedules before signing up to direct Lol

Tom Hardy was one out of 5 actors, of course they couldn't readjust the whole film schedule just for him. But was probably a BS reason for him as well.

Zack M
Originally posted by Darth Thor
He would have worked out schedules before signing up to direct Lol

Tom Hardy was one out of 5 actors, of course they couldn't readjust the whole film schedule just for him.

Who said he thought he could have done it? Maybe it was too much to be on his plate. Stop making something more than it really is./

Zack M

Darth Thor
Who said he thought he could have done it? Maybe it was too much to be on his plate. Stop making something more than it really is./

And stop being Naive. Directors drop out of these DC films like flies. At some point you need to start asking "WHY"

Zack M
I'll guess we agree to disagree. I'll go by what the director said.

Darth Thor
^ Its not like he's gonna say "Cause WB are f***img d****"

Zack M
I don't agree. Liman already gave his interpretation of what he wanted to do with the characters, making them more grounded. Plus, he already signed on after the script was completed. I don't see him dropping out because of changes. Doesn't make any sense.

Darth Thor
Maybe

Zack M
Yeah, I forgot Del Toro dropped out too. But that wasn't because of differences, that was because he wanted to focus on Pacific Rim 2. Looks like Liman does have a lot on his plate with 3 movies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.