What will happen to Maul in canon?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Now that Maul is somewhere in background after the loss of Mother Talzin in SOD, what do you think the new canon storygroup will do with him? What do you think would be the most logical choice to end his character?

|King Joker|
I don't know, but either way I think Kenobi should be the one to off him once and for all.

Aurbere
Originally posted by |King Joker|
I don't know, but either way I think Kenobi should be the one to off him once and for all.

Agreed. thumb up

DarthAnt66
I doubt they will ever bring him back.

Though, my personal hope is that one day they have a Rebels episode that is independent from the story of the Ghost crew and has a Maul vs Kenobi showdown on Tatooine that is similar to Old Wounds.

NewGuy01
lol

Darth Thor
Originally posted by NewGuy01
lol

DarthAnt66
lol
>gay confirmed

ILS
Hopefully something not as overly shit as another fight with Obi-Wan.

Q99
Hm... a test for Anakin's cybernetics would make sense. Make sure Anakin can prove himself against the old apprentice and put his new body to a challenge that actually makes him work...

playa1258
Defeated and killed by Darth Vader.

Zenwolf
Either dead by Vader or Obi-Wan(preferably Obi), anything else is just NO.

quanchi112
Shows up in a film. The Kenobi stuff has been done to death. I'd love to personally see him still alive in the new trilogy though I doubt it. Maybe even use him in the Solo film.

NewGuy01
God that would be awful. Thankfully there's no chance in hell that will happen, because Disney doesn't want anything to do with the prequels.

quanchi112
God that would be awful. Thankfully there's no chance in hell that will happen, because Disney doesn't want anything to do with the prequels. Disney is smart enough to realize Maul is a huge Star Wars character so they will bring him along sooner or later. I want it to be in a film not in a rebels episode.

EmperorSidious2
I want maul dead. I want them to have him have found Kenobi and they finally determine who is stronger and it would be Obi wan and he kills Maul for good this time during the times of the empire. I don't want him in the next Star Wars films. I want him dead in rebels.

ILS
I anticipate he either dies via pyrrhic victory to Obi-Wan (as in Obi-Wan "loses" again but Maul dies because of plot) or loses to Vader. Knowing my luck though it will be some shit like he gets shot in the back of the head by Kanan.

Darth Abonis
I would like to see Maul go on a journey to learn about the Force, and reach a state beyond light and dark, and become the new Father of Mortis.

FreshestSlice
Maul's already been through enough. He doesn't need to be a Mary Sue too, fam.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
I would like to see Maul go on a journey to learn about the Force, and reach a state beyond light and dark, and become the new Father of Mortis.

(NSFW) Reaction: http://25.media.tumblr.com/ee7995b1260c896fa50c496f056ab6f7/tumblr_mwdi8cMiWJ1shhb9so1_500.gif

The Merchant
He's probably gunna be the Boba Fett of the new canon. Show up in several stories, then do his own thing.

ILS
Originally posted by The Merchant
He's probably gunna be the Boba Fett of the new canon. Show up in several stories, then do his own thing. That.. wouldn't be so bad. I've been saying for ages that I'd rather Maul was taken out of the limelight for once and given actual character development, even if it had to be far away from the main conflict or in a new system.

Q99
Originally posted by quanchi112
Disney is smart enough to realize Maul is a huge Star Wars character so they will bring him along sooner or later. I want it to be in a film not in a rebels episode.

Keep in mind, to the movie-only crowd, his appearance would be a "Whaaaa? But he's dead!". Because the last time they saw him he was cut in half.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Q99
Keep in mind, to the movie-only crowd, his appearance would be a "Whaaaa? But he's dead!". Because the last time they saw him he was cut in half.

Exactly.

Unless they spend a couple of spin off films explaining his resurrection. Like a Darth Maul Prequel to TPM, showing where Sidious got him from, and his connection to Nightsister magic. And then in his next movie have it explained how he was resurrected by the same Nightsisters.

Still that'd be an awful lot of effort and use of too many movies just to explain he's still alive.

Best he just pops up in Rebels, or they do a TFU/SOTE type Multi-Media project involving him, where we get a game, comic and novel.

ILS
I don't think you need two films to explain why he's alive. A simple rundown of how he managed to survive bisection (his power in and knowledge of the Dark Side, and his hatred of Kenobi/Sidious) would clear it up in under 30 seconds. Not that I want Maul to be in the new films, but that's how I'd do it.

Darth Thor
^ I personally think you need a good section of a film to do his resurrection justice. A 30 second/few minutes explanation might seem a little lame/lazy. Just look back on these boards when Maul was returning in TCW with people continuously saying "BUt That's Stupid, He was Cut IN HALF."

Still agree new films wouldn't be the place for him. Rebels or his own Multi-Media project would be the way to go IMO.

Lord Stark
Kenobi still has beef with Maul. He murdered his lover in front of him lol

quanchi112
I know the majority of the fans would want a suited Vader vs Maul in canon but it had better not be a rebels episode if this does occur.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.