Zod vs Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nibedicus
Zod jumps and punches Cap's shield the way Thor hit it in Avengers 1.

Does Cap survive?

Time-Immemorial
No, he was hit by a grenade in CA2 and it tossed him off a bridge.

Silent Master
Yes.

quanchi112
Yes, he survives.

carthage
Didn't Red Skull dent the thing with a punch?

Silent Master
Originally posted by carthage
Didn't Red Skull dent the thing with a punch?

No.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Zod jumps and punches Cap's shield the way Thor hit it in Avengers 1.

Does Cap survive?

yes he does

FrothByte
He definitely survives. A very good argument can be made for Thor actually hitting harder with Mjolnir than either Superman or Zod can hit with their fists.

DTM
Yes, he survives, just as he did when Thor slammed his shield (the force blast leveling surrounding trees, I believe).

TheVaultDweller
If Zod hits him in a similar manner and at the same angle as Thor did, and he blocks it in the same way, I see the result being similar to what happened in the Avengers film.

golem370
The one Red Skull hit wasn't made of vibranium

The Sorrow
Originally posted by FrothByte
He definitely survives. A very good argument can be made for Thor actually hitting harder with Mjolnir than either Superman or Zod can hit with their fists.
thumb up

ShadowFyre
I dont remember a single Kryptonian punch that has shown itself to be powerful as Thors high end Mjolnir strikes. And that forest scene was only his 5th best striking feat.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial

Then there is this showing and one more maybe that makes me think that maybe vibranium doesent work well at certain angles or something. Or the writer just forgot.

Or maybe the explosion was just pushing or something.

FrothByte
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Then there is this showing and one more maybe that makes me think that maybe vibranium doesent work well at certain angles or something. Or the writer just forgot.

Probably because the explosion affects a larger area which means it covers an area larger than the shield can protect?

Whereas a direct hit like Thor's hammer slam or Zod's punch would have a smaller, concentrated area and can be completely blocked/absorbed by the shield.

Just my theory.

Time-Immemorial

He survived Thor's attack because of the angle. And it was an energy attack. It actually knocked Thor back.. Winter Soldier and Red Sull were not pushed back by it. Little chance he can tank a kryptonian hit. Those hits are on another level then what he was taking.

FrothByte
He survived Thor's attack because of the angle. And it was an energy attack. It actually knocked Thor back.. Winter Soldier and Red Sull were not pushed back by it. Little chance he can tank a kryptonian hit. Those hits are on another level then what he was taking.

Thor's strongest hits have proven more destructive than any Kryptonian's strongest punch...

So not sure what you're saying about "on another level".

Time-Immemorial
You think Thor and Krptonians have same striking strength, then there is no reasoning with you.

Physical strength alone knites have it in spades.

TheVaultDweller
I think he means that Thor's hardest attacks with Mjolnir have shown greater overall destructive capability than any single hit a Kryptonian has delivered, such as the Jotunheim buster or the vibranium core strike at the end of AoU.

FrothByte
You think Thor and Krptonians have same striking strength, then there is no reasoning with you.

Physical strength alone knites have it in spades.

Thor with just his fists? No. Thor with Mjolnir? Definitely possible. Thor with charged Mjolnir strike? You'd have to be blind to think that any kryptonian can match Thor's charged strikes with a single hit.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I think he means that Thor's hardest attacks with Mjolnir have shown greater overall destructive capability than any single hit a Kryptonian has delivered, such as the Jotunheim buster or the vibranium core strike at the end of AoU.

Yea I never debated that.

Darth Thor

Yeah that was kind of stupid/inconsistent after taking a Lightning amped hit from Mjolnir.

Time-Immemorial
Thor's hammer was above him and he was leveraged between his shield and the ground.

His fights with winter soldier show he had trouble blocking his hits with the shield. Not only did WS not get reflected back and him, they didn't even phase him.

Zod would destroy him.

relentless1
Winter Soldier was able to punch the shield with his fist and it stopped Rogers in his tracks, you could tell Steve felt that hit. A Kryptonian would demolish Cap even if the shield was in the way. Mjolnir had energy behind it thats why the shield was able to disperse the energy and send Thor flying

Silent Master
Originally posted by relentless1
Winter Soldier was able to punch the shield with his fist and it stopped Rogers in his tracks, you could tell Steve felt that hit. A Kryptonian would demolish Cap even if the shield was in the way. Mjolnir had energy behind it thats why the shield was able to disperse the energy and send Thor flying

Thor's Mjolnir strike >>>>>> Zod's punch.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Silent Master
Thor's Mjolnir strike >>>>>> Zod's punch.

I think so too. But just curious, how do you explain Cap sent flying by a rocket hitting his shield?

Silent Master
Much like the comics, it generally happens when Cap isn't braced. however the OP scenario has Cap braced and Zod attacking in the same manner as Thor, whose strike we see Cap had no problem blocking.

KingD19
Originally posted by Darth Thor
I think so too. But just curious, how do you explain Cap sent flying by a rocket hitting his shield?

The explosion from an RPG is pretty large. The shield couldn't block the entirety of the blastwave/shockwave. Remember in Avengers when he jumped and the explosion blasted him out of that building.

Time-Immemorial
Cap still felt winter soldiers blows behind the shield.

FrothByte
The scenario dictates that Cap is taking Zod's hit in the same position he took Thor's hit... meaning he'll be braced properly with the hit coming from up above. From the feats that Cap has had, he usually only has trouble with hits when he's not properly braced or when it catches him off guard.

Silent Master
The scenario dictates that Cap is taking Zod's hit in the same position he took Thor's hit... meaning he'll be braced properly with the hit coming from up above. From the feats that Cap has had, he usually only has trouble with hits when he's not properly braced or when it catches him off guard.

Exactly, per the scenario the OP set-up it is obvious that Cap can survive, because we have already seen him survive a far more impressive hit.

Mindset
Cap still felt winter soldiers blows behind the shield. Did he really though?

I don't think he did.

Time-Immemorial
Yea he did, watch the clip, he had a hard time stopping those hits from that metal arm, you could tell he had to work at stopping them.

Adam Grimes
The winter soldier is stronger than Thor.

Time-Immemorial
Hahahahhahaha

Robtard
Cap's shield feats were inconsistent in WS, the shield should have absorbed and reflected the concussive force of the grenade, like it did with Thor's hammer-strike.

If we're replicating the same feat as in Avengers, then Zod's punch should do nothing, just as Thor's strike did. The WS feats seemed to be PIS to make for a better action scene.

quanchi112
Originally posted by carthage
Didn't Red Skull dent the thing with a punch? laughing out loud

Time-Immemorial
laughing out loud

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Robtard
Cap's shield feats were inconsistent in WS, the shield should have absorbed and reflected the concussive force of the grenade, like it did with Thor's hammer-strike.

If we're replicating the same feat as in Avengers, then Zod's punch should do nothing, just as Thor's strike did. The WS feats seemed to be PIS to make for a better action scene.

My thoughts exactly.

Time-Immemorial
Sounds good to me. If it's the exact same way he loves. If it's not, he dies.

relentless1
I agree Cap would survive...Zod would kick the shit out of Thor though....lets not kid ourselves here that is where this thread is headed...

quanchi112
I agree Cap would survive...Zod would kick the shit out of Thor though....lets not kid ourselves here that is where this thread is headed... Thor would crush Zod who quite frankly was pathetic in man of steel.

FrothByte
I agree Cap would survive...Zod would kick the shit out of Thor though....lets not kid ourselves here that is where this thread is headed...

I won't say "kick the shit" out of Thor, though I do agree Zod would win. But if the competition was who can create the most destruction in a single hit, then Thor would win.

I think a better question for this thread would be: If Thor was allowed unlimited time to fully amp his Mjolnir shot, could Cap still block that?

wakkawakkawakka
Isn't this all still a durability feat for the shield? Why does it matter that Cap has it considering Vibranium's properties?

juggerman
But if the competition was who can create the most destruction in a single hit, then Thor would win.

Would a continuous blast of heat vision be considered a single hit? If so Zod might be able to hang with Thor.

If not then no he cannot

Robtard
I agree Cap would survive...Zod would kick the shit out of Thor though....lets not kid ourselves here that is where this thread is headed... Zod would question Thor's prowess and then snap his neck

FrothByte
Originally posted by juggerman
Would a continuous blast of heat vision be considered a single hit? If so Zod might be able to hang with Thor.

If not then no he cannot

Maybe... but then we could also say Thor can hold his lightning indefinitely. Besides, I'm not sure how long Zod could hold it. Didn't their heat vision seem to be uncomfortable for them?

Time-Immemorial
Maybe... but then we could also say Thor can hold his lightning indefinitely. Besides, I'm not sure how long Zod could hold it. Didn't their heat vision seem to be uncomfortable for them?

He can't hold it indefinitely, he was actually shown to be getting tired in Avengers from using it continuously.

Robtard
Zod's a genetically bred warrior, being uncomfortable is old hat to him.

Mindset
Couldn't even beat a scientist and a farm boy though.

Time-Immemorial
Zod actually had that fight, Kal got lucky on that last re entry exchange.

quanchi112
Zod would question Thor's prowess and then snap his neck Nonsense. Thor would place the hammer on his chest, have a laugh and walk away seeking a serious challenger.

FrothByte
He can't hold it indefinitely, he was actually shown to be getting tired in Avengers from using it continuously.

Where in Avengers does it show Thor getting tired from the lightning? Heck, where in Avengers does it show getting tired at all?

Time-Immemorial
Where does it say he can hold it indefinitely, and when he comes down from the building he is exhausted. So yea..I hate to say this, but watch the movie.

FrothByte
Where does it say he can hold it indefinitely, and when he comes down from the building he is exhausted. So yea..I hate to say this, but watch the movie.

He's not exhausted. He's hurt because he just finished getting stabbed by Loki.

Time-Immemorial
He's not exhausted. He's hurt because he just finished getting stabbed by Loki.

He was exhausted. Where does it say he can hold it "indefinitely" that is a massive limits fallacy..

FrothByte
He was exhausted. Where does it say he can hold it "indefinitely" that is a massive limits fallacy..

Looks like you need to rewatch the movie again. He flew down from Stark tower after he got stabbed by Loki. You see him hold his side and miss a step or two.

Nowhere else do you see him exhausted from using lightning.

Also if you read and UNDERSTAND what I said properly, what I meant was that if we assume that Zod can hold his heat vision indefinitely, then we might as well assume that Thor can hold his lightning indefinitely.

ShadowFyre

Yeah, Im pretty sure he can't hold it forever in an attack. In AOU, during the Ultron scene, when Thor let up it seemed like it took some energy. But not quite exhausted.

Both the Kryptonians and Thor have used their attacks about roughly the same amount of time. Thor can probably focus it longer with Mjolnir than without. But thats a guess.

And yes, I said "high end Mjolnir strikes". Which so far, in order of destructiveness.

Sokovia, Bifrost, Jotunheim, forest, as aoe and the best I remember for a throw was when he knocked Malekith with reality stone through that solid giant pillar which looks a lot stronger than skyscraper windows..

And I dont think Thor is a city buster and I do think Supes would beat him without Mjolnir but as of right now his damage output and durability is above theirs based off showings. But hell, hes got 3 movies on em.

TheVaultDweller
Zod would question Thor's prowess and then snap his neck

lol I could actually picture this.

"Where did you train? On a farm?"

"Actually... in an empire of demigod warriors."

"Shit. Well die anyway."

Time-Immemorial
Yeah, Im pretty sure he can't hold it forever in an attack. In AOU, during the Ultron scene, when Thor let up it seemed like it took some energy. But not quite exhausted.

Both the Kryptonians and Thor have used their attacks about roughly the same amount of time. Thor can probably focus it longer with Mjolnir than without. But thats a guess.

And yes, I said "high end Mjolnir strikes". Which so far, in order of destructiveness.

Sokovia, Bifrost, Jotunheim, forest, as aoe and the best I remember for a throw was when he knocked Malekith with reality stone through that solid giant pillar which looks a lot stronger than skyscraper windows..

And I dont think Thor is a city buster and I do think Supes would beat him without Mjolnir but as of right now his damage output and durability is above theirs based off showings. But hell, hes got 3 movies on em.

Agreed, I don't know how he came up with the idea he could use it indefinitely.

FrothByte
Agreed, I don't know how he came up with the idea he could use it indefinitely.

One of these days you'll have to learn to read my posts properly before replying.

Please post a direct quote of me saying Thor will hold his lightning indefinitely.

Time-Immemorial

juggerman

Well I didn't mean he could hold it indefinitely. I just mean let's say he could use a continuous wave of HV for 60 seconds before needing to stop. Would you consider that "one attack"?

If so then he might be able to do more damage with that then Thor's best on screen attack. If not then it wouldn't matter

Time-Immemorial
Well I didn't mean he could hold it indefinitely. I just mean let's say he could use a continuous wave of HV for 60 seconds before needing to stop. Would you consider that "one attack"?

If so then he might be able to do more damage with that then Thor's best on screen attack. If not then it wouldn't matter

Yea you never even said he could hold it indefinitely, so I dunno why he is saying you did.

Silent Master

Has Zod shown the ability to fire HV for that long?

Time-Immemorial
Yes

Silent Master
Can you post the clip of him using HV for 60 seconds?

Surtur
Can you post the clip of him using HV for 60 seconds?

I don't remember if it was used for 60 seconds, but if you remember the scene at the end where Zod is trying to vaporize those people and Superman is holding him to prevent him from turning his head so the beam hits the people.

But it was more like 30 seconds, but Zod didn't seem to be straining either or running out of juice.

juggerman
Has Zod shown the ability to fire HV for that long?

Doesn't matter yet as it was never answered if it is considered a single attack here yet. If it is decided it will be counted as one attack then we can figure out the length.

Originally posted by Surtur
I don't remember if it was used for 60 seconds, but if you remember the scene at the end where Zod is trying to vaporize those people and Superman is holding him to prevent him from turning his head so the beam hits the people.

But it was more like 30 seconds, but Zod didn't seem to be straining either or running out of juice.

Yeah I don't think it was a full minute either. But me saying 60 seconds was just a "for instance" to see if OP would allow that line of thinking.

Nibedicus
Wait, this thread has nothing to do with HV, it's a straight up punch guys.

Please no derailing...

Silent Master
Originally posted by Surtur

He also wasn't doing much damage in that scene, if the HV is at that level it's going to take a lot more than just 60 seconds to match one of Thor's charged hammer strikes.

FrothByte

You still haven't posted any quote of me saying Thor can hold his lightning indefinitely.

Time-Immemorial

FrothByte

There's a difference between me saying "If we assume Zod can hold his laser vision for an unspecified prolonged duration then we might as well assume Thor can hold his lightning indefinitely" and saying "Yes, Thor can hold his lightning indefinitely".

Do you understand the difference now or are you going to continue nitpicking all my sentences trying to derail this thread?

Time-Immemorial
Fine.

jinXed by JaNx
technically, Caps shield should be able to endure a punch from, Zod. However, the shield doesn't protect against strength, just kinetic energy. If Zod is strong enough to tear or crush, Caps shield, the shield won't protect against that strength, just the force behind it. There's no way to predict or suggest whether or not, Zod is strong enough to destroy, Caps shield, so at bare minimum, Caps shield should be more than capable of enduring a punch from, Zod.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.