Superman Vs Reed Richards

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w344/riv6672/image_zpsl71nmgde.jpg

With perfect recall, computer quick calculating ability, and understanding of Kryptonian tech, is Superman smarter than Reed Richards?
Given that the characters operate in completely different ways and play totally different roles in their heroic communities, i understand one character has more feats of mental acumen than the other, so yes i'm asking for more than A punches B.

http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w344/riv6672/image_zpslub47wsv.jpg

DarkSaint85
B punches A? stick out tongue

But yeah - Superman has a bit of an unfair advantage, with his tech. It's like me vs Albert Einstein, but I have modern day tech with me.

Based on that, Reed is smarter than Superman.

Mindship
Superman has always struck me as being very knowledgeable and clever, whilst Reed impresses more as a *grand creative* genius. But this is a vague differentiation, given, as you've said, that they 'operate in completely different ways and play totally different roles in their heroic communities'. *Being a brain* is what Reed does. Superman: he typically saves the day with brute physical power.

This reminds me of the "Who's-more-agile?" question: Superman or Spider-Man? Superman is so much faster, and speed is a big part of agility. But generally, who do we think of as being the more agile hero?

Depends what you focus on.

DarkSaint85
All I know is, Abhi's signal watch is pinging like crazy.

riv6672
Cool responses, you guys got what i was thinking of when i made this, thanks; Very much like the agility question.

DarkSaint85
Yeah...imagine what Reed could achieve with Kryp tech. On an equal footing, my money's on Reed.

riv6672
My money usually is too. Dont much like the character, but he's hella smart.
Still, If anyone has a shot here, i figure Superman...

Nusa105
Supes takes the majority

riv6672
Huh. huh

abhilegend
Reed is smarter.

Surtur
People do forget Superman is a super genius. He is no Doom or Reed Richards or any high end comic genius, but he utterly blows any real world scientist out of the water.

I suppose it is possible some versions might be smarter then Reed. Kal Kent was said to have an IQ 10 times that of Einsteins as well as the whole "can process billions of things in a second" going for him. Combine that with the ability to read entire libraries in the time it takes Reed to get through a single book..

Rao Kal El
Richards is regularly written smarter now a days.

If this will be PC Superman I will be different. Post Crisis Superman is smart but not enough to say he is above Richards

I also agree 100% with what mindship wrote.

I also hope that people notices that We Superman fans do not always give the win to Superman over anyone. Just over the ones We think He could win smile

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Surtur
People do forget Superman is a super genius. He is no Doom or Reed Richards or any high end comic genius, but he utterly blows any real world scientist out of the water.

I suppose it is possible some versions might be smarter then Reed. Kal Kent was said to have an IQ 10 times that of Einsteins as well as the whole "can process billions of things in a second" going for him. Combine that with the ability to read entire libraries in the time it takes Reed to get through a single book..

Don't forget, Alt. Reeds are also smarter than 616 Reed...

10 times Einstein isn't all that, considering he was meant to have an IQ of 150. Batman 1M had an IQ of 1045, and consideriNg Kal was meant to be this godlike being....

Silent Master
Reed

riv6672
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Richards is regularly written smarter now a days.

If this will be PC Superman I will be different. Post Crisis Superman is smart but not enough to say he is above Richards

I also agree 100% with what mindship wrote.

I also hope that people notices that We Superman fans do not always give the win to Superman over anyone. Just over the ones We think He could win smile
I like how you capitalize the H in he... laughing

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by riv6672
I like how you capitalize the H in he... laughing

Force oh habit. In spanish grammar I always do the same stick out tongue

riv6672

riv6672

Surtur
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Don't forget, Alt. Reeds are also smarter than 616 Reed...

10 times Einstein isn't all that, considering he was meant to have an IQ of 150. Batman 1M had an IQ of 1045, and consideriNg Kal was meant to be this godlike being....

But I think some of the alt. Reeds could somehow stretch their brains to increase their intelligence.

Galan007
Superman's ability to perceive/process/recall/apply bulk information is greater than Reed's, imo(see the Miracle Machine feat, to name one.)

However, I'd say that Reed is portrayed as smarter on average--uber intelligence is all he's really got, after all, so naturally Marvel is going to wank that above all else.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Galan007
uber intelligence is all he's really got, after all, so naturally Marvel is going to wank that above all else.

He can also stretch parts of his body, so Marvel could always wank that too?

Sicko. sick

Galan007
That's Sue's job.

http://i.imgur.com/4F87W8K.gif

Rao Kal El
He can also stretch parts of his body, so Marvel could always wank that too?

Sicko. sick

Judging how Sue gets her panties wet with Namor's fish stick, I think Reed can only strech it but not get it hard.

Also he is not that smart as he hasn't figure that one out.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Superman has more raw intelligence or the greater cerebral power. Reed however depends on his int more often and has to use it creatively. PC Superman for example could have solved every problem humanity had, with ease but he wasn't allowed to.
Even DCnU Superman can become better than any doc withing 5 minutes, gather more raw knowledge, he also has the ability to understand, combine and use it, it's his choice not to do so.
So all in all, the one who uses his int permanently uses it rather to his max potential, which is Reed.

Philosophía
In 90% of portrayals, Reed is smarter.
Don't forget, Alt. Reeds are also smarter than 616 Reed... You mean the renegade Reeds from the council?

DarkSaint85
Yah.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Galan007
Superman's ability to perceive/process/recall/apply bulk information is greater than Reed's, imo(see the Miracle Machine feat, to name one.)

However, I'd say that Reed is portrayed as smarter on average--uber intelligence is all he's really got, after all, so naturally Marvel is going to wank that above all else.

hey bud, long time my friend. Wouldn't you say Reed's mind being used to map out the multiverse was more impressive than the Miracle Machine feat?

riv6672
Why are alt Reeds sleays brought up in 616 Reed/intelligence threads?

DarkSaint85
Was a reference to the post which referenced an alt. Supes.

riv6672
No, i'm saying in general.

StiltmanFTW
I liked the sig with Scarlett swallowing a brown snake better.

riv6672
Haha big grin

Philosophía
Yah. Eh, by the end of the storyline, Doom made it clear they were only a pale shadow compared to 616 reed.

RadZoa
Supes in the sense that he could process information about several million times faster than Reed can.

Decimus
Considering the facts of both one character has ftl calculations and near eidetic memory recall Clark possesses which would make him more intelligent based on the various real definitions of intelligence which are conventionally ambiguous due to psychologist not being well verse in advanced mathematics and trying to assign only positive real numbers with a limit of approaching 200 or 300 in some cases! In marvel comics Reed is portrayed usually most intelligent being other than Doom. Reed's feats come from human-esque perception. Doom does have a disadvantage since plot usually works against him being usually portrayed as a "canonical" villain. Anyway Reeds by feats and plot will more likely than not come out on top. Logically though given both base abilities superman will. Also Einstein's intelligence was never tested and the most ridiculously intelligence people have never been tested.

DarkSaint85
@Phildo:

That just means Reeds are smarter than Reed, who is smarter than Reeds.

Philosophía
@Phildo:

That just means Reeds are smarter than Reed, who is smarter than Reeds. I wouldn't say there's a reed smarter than reed.Unrestrained, sure.

riv6672
Originally posted by Decimus
Considering the facts of both one character has ftl calculations and near eidetic memory recall Clark possesses which would make him more intelligent based on the various real definitions of intelligence which are conventionally ambiguous due to psychologist not being well verse in advanced mathematics and trying to assign only positive real numbers with a limit of approaching 200 or 300 in some cases! In marvel comics Reed is portrayed usually most intelligent being other than Doom. Reed's feats come from human-esque perception. Doom does have a disadvantage since plot usually works against him being usually portrayed as a "canonical" villain. Anyway Reeds by feats and plot will more likely than not come out on top. Logically though given both base abilities superman will. Also Einstein's intelligence was never tested and the most ridiculously intelligence people have never been tested.
Sweet post.

Galan007
Originally posted by Phil
I wouldn't say there's a reed smarter than reed.Unrestrained, sure. Doom am >. thumb up

riv6672
Well Doom is a horse of a different color.

Genii96
Reed once subbed in place for nova's world mind too

riv6672
How'd he do?
Because we used to torture subs back in HS.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.