Why has Disney got rid of roman numerals in Star Wars the Force Awakens?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batman
We all know that the Force Awakens is classed as 'Episode VII', but yet; the posters, trailers & advertisement don't have 'Episode VII' in the title. Why is this? I mean, with all the star wars spinoffs like Rogue One out, aren't a lot of people going to be confused as to what star wars film is part of the episode saga, & what episode is just a spin-off? Also, doesn't it fit better with the first 6 episodes if it has roman numerals?

coolmovies
They will when the movie comes out

Bashar Teg
i hope they dont even put it in the opening crawl.

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
i hope they dont even put it in the opening crawl.
Why??? Shouldn't it open like the first 6 Star Wars films? Wouldn't it stick out wihtout it?

NewLanceWindu
The marketing for the PT is what caused the Roman Numerals to be plastered on everything. They were there for the original sequels, but not on posters or anything.

It's a similar story here. It's still Episode VII and it will probably be in the opening crawl.

queeq
Yes, I think so too.

batman
Originally posted by NewLanceWindu
The marketing for the PT is what caused the Roman Numerals to be plastered on everything. They were there for the original sequels, but not on posters or anything.

It's a similar story here. It's still Episode VII and it will probably be in the opening crawl.

I really hope it's in the opening crawl at least, because it won't fel right if it's not.

queeq
Don't worry, it will be.

Abrams is trying to make this experience as OT as he can.

Bashar Teg
serious question: if there's no episode # in the opening crawl, how would you guys react?

Lord Lucien
Couldn't care less.

ares834
serious question: if there's no episode # in the opening crawl, how would you guys react?

Honestly, I'd be a little pissed.

NewLanceWindu

It takes nothing away from the movie.

99.999999% sure that it will be in the crawl.

queeq
Agreed on both counts. But it will be there. Episode VII: The Force Awakens.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.