Maul Brothers vs. Mace/Galen Marek

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Galen as of his duel with Vader In TFU 1

Legends Mace Windu

Force, sabers, all out

Fight takes place on a giant Turkey

Emperordmb
Mace>Maul
Marek>Savage

GG

Syndicate
Team 2.

I am a Galen/Starkiller expert... Fite meh...

FreshestSlice
So is cs_zoltan. You're definitely in the greatest of company.

Syndicate
*Squirms with giddiness*

Have I finally found a forum that gives him his due credit?

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Syndicate
*Squirms with giddiness*

Nope.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Mace>Maul
Marek>Savage

GG

FreshestSlice
*Squirms with giddiness*

Not even remotely. Well, at least not in the way you probably think.

Darth Thor
Brothers get stomped.

Heck Mace has a chance to solo.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Mace>Maul
Marek>Savage

GG

Rebel95
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Brothers get stomped.

Beniboybling
*Squirms with giddiness*

Have I finally found a forum that gives him his due credit? Most people on here like to pretend his feats never happened. thumb up

Darth Thor
Kind of like how some people are ignoring Vader's new feats in Canon.

Either way, Power Scaling is as important as feats.

Beniboybling
Yeah... dem Vader haters. confused

Nargaroth
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Most people on here like to pretend his feats never happened. thumb up

That's "because they're over the top, hurr durr".

Anyway, these are the quotes from Haden Blackman:

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Nargaroth

Well it is over the top, but that's because Starkiller is an over the top force user. Just like DE and KotfE is over the top. And all of them is legit. Sidious can do those feats, Vaylin can do those feats, and Starkiller can do those feats.

Their arbitrary dismissal of TFU is laughable at best, pathetic at worst.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Well it is over the top, but that's because Starkiller is an over the top force user. Just like DE and KotfE is over the top. And all of them is legit. Sidious can do those feats, Vaylin can do those feats, and Starkiller can do those feats.

Their arbitrary dismissal of TFU is laughable at best, pathetic at worst. thumb up

This is the other quote from Haden Blackman:

"The Apprentice is the photo negative of Luke Skywalker. He's been raised by Darth Vader, and is what Luke would have become if he had joined his father. Vader's not a very nice daddy. This guy has been raised to be a Jedi. When the Jedi use the Force, they respect it and don't overuse it. The bad guys - the Sith - keep testing their limits. Vader discovered this person who had the potential to be the most powerful Force user ever. He's up there with the top tier. He's extremely powerful. Vader has trained him in such a way that he just kept pushing his limitations, seeing how far he could use the Force. So, where a normal Jedi might use the Force to trick his way past a few stormtroopers, the apprentice might use the Force to bring down an adjacent building on top of those stormtroopers. He's extremely confident in everything he does. He's been trained by Vader to be an assassin, an unstoppable force."

--Hayden Blackman, Star Wars Insider 100

It's obvious Marek was intended to be legitimately powerful in an extreme way.

Regardless, those quotes are only applicable to the game, which yes exaggerated his powers. And considering Leland Chee has branded such material dismissable if it only exists for the game's purposes we can do so. However no such rule exists for a licensed novelisation, which obviously can't give the "player" anything.

It's completely subjective therefore to assume his powers are exaggerated in the novel as well "because they're over the top, hurr durr".

Darth Thor
That's all fine, but he wasn't more powerful than Vader. In fact going by Sam Witwer's comments, he was considerably less powerful than Vader.

Hence the need for Power Scaling. And not just looking at feats on their own. Especially in Legends where every medium portrayed force powers very differently.

Beniboybling
That is true, but I feel that raises Vader rather than lowering Starkiller.

Darth Thor
^ Got no issue with that.

Syndicate
Originally posted by Nargaroth

Anyway, these are the quotes from Haden Blackman:

Oh don't worry I don't put any stock in the video game at all. The novelization however is a different matter.

Syndicate
That's all fine, but he wasn't more powerful than Vader. In fact going by Sam Witwer's comments, he was considerably less powerful than Vader.

Hence the need for Power Scaling. And not just looking at feats on their own. Especially in Legends where every medium portrayed force powers very differently.

Apologies my friend but I got by feats rather then statements.

Darth Thor
Apologies my friend but I got by feats rather then statements.

Even going by feats Vader had the decisive edge over Starkiller in TFUII.

What Witwer explained was Vader even let him win and purposefully got captured to lead him to all the Rebels. Narrations from people involved or in the know how do matter IMO. But like I said even without his statement Vader =/> Starkiller.

Syndicate
Even going by feats Vader had the decisive edge over Starkiller in TFUII.

What Witwer explained was Vader even let him win and purposefully got captured to lead him to all the Rebels. Narrations from people involved or in the know how do matter IMO. But like I said even without his statement Vader =/> Starkiller.

I think that Galen/Starkiller are equal or greater in the force personally.

Also I agree that Vader allowed himself to be captured but part of that was because he could not decisively beat the clone without it being on his own terms.

Syndicate
Essentially this is how I view Vader and Galen/Starkiller.

Vader is stronger then either.

Durability should be even or slightly in Vader's favor.

Endurance should be even.

Speed should be even or slightly in the pair's favor.

Vader is more skilled then either by a good margin.

Force power should be even or slightly in the pairs favor.

Vader's lack of mobility might explain their seeming speed advantage over Vader. In reality Vader is probably just as fast.

McP
Kind of like how some people are ignoring Vader's new feats in Canon.

Either way, Power Scaling is as important as feats.

10000000% AGREE!

Darth Thor
I think that Galen/Starkiller are equal or greater in the force personally.

Don't see how when he couldn't overpower Vader in the Force.

That's where power scaling comes in.

Syndicate

Vader is the more skilled combatant. I think both you and I can agree on that correct?

Rebel95

What do you mean by power scaling?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Rebel95
What do you mean by power scaling?

I mean when Maul/Opress can move starship, and Sidious can easily pin them both, then it goes without saying that Sidious can move much larger ships than the ones Maul/Opress moved, whether Sidious has that feat or not is irrelevant.

Similarly if Starkiller can move a stardestroyer but he can't overpower Vader in the force, then that feat should also count for Vader.

Rebel95
Ok that makes sense. I wasn't familiar with the term.

Syndicate
I mean when Maul/Opress can move starship, and Sidious can easily pin them both, then it goes without saying that Sidious can move much larger ships than the ones Maul/Opress moved, whether Sidious has that feat or not is irrelevant.

Similarly if Starkiller can move a stardestroyer but he can't overpower Vader in the force, then that feat should also count for Vader.

Vader actually has a feat that's on par with that friend. Though I don't know why you think it would put him above. Which gets me back the point of proving that Galen/Starkiller are equal to Vader.

Wouldn't you agree that Vader is more skilled friend?

Darth Thor
Vader actually has a feat that's on par with that friend. Though I don't know why you think it would put him above. Which gets me back the point of proving that Galen/Starkiller are equal to Vader.

Wouldn't you agree that Vader is more skilled friend?

Point being when we power scale he wouldn't need the feat.

Vadee had greater skill and mastery of the force, but that all contributes to overall power. Which is why Starkiller couldn't overpower Vader in the Force or in Sabers in TFUII that is. He overpowered Vader in Sabers in TFUI but TFUII specifically mentions how Vader learned from that.

Syndicate
Point being when we power scale he wouldn't need the feat.

Vadee had greater skill and mastery of the force, but that all contributes to overall power. Which is why Starkiller couldn't overpower Vader in the Force or in Sabers in TFUII that is. He overpowered Vader in Sabers in TFUI but TFUII specifically mentions how Vader learned from that.

Accept where you and I disagree is that Galen's normal force pushes/waves are anywhere near the power he'd need to exert to guide a Star Destroyer down.

Vader having greater overall skill and mastery in the force is debatable. I was referring to saber skills though. Would you agree he is the more capable duelist both in their duel on the DS and on Kamino?

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by carthage

Fight takes place on a giant Turkey

What? lol

carthage
It was Thanksgiving you, Grinch. Don't **** with my Arena choices

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.