Count Dooku, Quinlan Vos & Asajj Ventress vs. Darth Nox, Wrath II & Satele Shan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
Battle takes place on Lothal.

http://gifdanceparty.giphy.com/dancers/pumpgirl.gif

carthage
Satele is a weak link in skill but on the flip side so is Ventress due to vastly inferior force abilities to team 2. Wrath loses to Vos but he can kill Ventress in a duel or with the force, and Vos can stomp Satele. No idea how Nox vs. Dooku goes, but it could go either way depending on which of the weak links dies first

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by carthage
Satele is a weak link in skill but on the flip side so is Ventress due to vastly inferior force abilities to team 2. Wrath loses to Vos but he can kill Ventress in a duel or with the force, and Vos can stomp Satele. No idea how Nox vs. Dooku goes, but it could go either way depending on which of the weak links dies first

Selenial
Did a pretty huge feat comparison for Nox vs Dooku that I never posted a while ago, TBH.

The TL;DR of it was that Nox is a more powerful Force User, and would edge out the dear Count in a contest of the Force. He's a vastly superior duelist however, and Nox's force advantage isn't enough to take Dooku out quickly, where Dooku's blade advantage definitely could. I'd say Dooku takes a fair majority of their fights.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Selenial
Did a pretty huge feat comparison for Nox vs Dooku that I never posted a while ago, TBH.

I remember.

RIP.

|King Joker|
@Selenial, what's your opinion on this matchup as a whole?

Selenial
Ever so slightly leaning team two, myself.

I've got Satele below Ventress, but not by too much, but I'd say the Wrath would take down Vos pretty handily and that tips the scales. Though I'm one of those people that say Vos is morbidly overrated.

Selenial
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
I remember.

RIP.

I've got it on a google doc tbh, just saving it for whenever it becomes relevant again.

Trocity
I'm one of those people that say Vos is morbidly overrated.

thumb up love

|King Joker|
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/88/c5/50/88c550efd06668770701fadafd16df50.gif

Tondemonai
Fairly good matchup, however I give team 2 the win every time. Satele is definitely Ventress' superior in Force, but lower in sabers. Their difference in Force strength is considerable enough for Satele to win. On top of that her tutaminis is incredible and if she were backed up in a saber duel she could definitely pull herself out of it. Wrath vs Vos is a long duel but probably wouldn't be decided before one of his teammates finished theirs and helps out. They're very closely matched in sabers, though I'd argue Vos is ever so slightly better, and Wrath is stronger in Force, so I'd imagine it would be a drawn out duel. Now Nox vs Dooku has been a repeated argument which I don't understand how it hasn't hasn't been dropped yet. Dooku definitely has the saber advantage, however Nox has solme solid saber skill with a saberstaff, as well as so many defenses and healing skills that I doubt any advantage Dooku has would be nullified by Nox's defensive skills. Her healing prowess, Force barriers, mind corrupting powers, and Shroud ability are more than enough to outmaneuver Tyranus in any melee confrontation. This far I haven't even scratched her Force advantage, which is much wider than too many people accept. As of now, now being KotFE, her powers have massively grown. He has gained further immortality, learned new sorceries and techniques, and dark side secrets that only she has access to because of her position as the leader of the Pyramid of Ancient Knowledge on the Dark Council, and her obvious ghost amp that she can call upon at any time. Her Force prowess is immense, and I'd argue dwarfs Tyranus. Now despite this I would go as far as to say that their fight wouln't be a short one. He could potentially keep the pressure on for a while, but ultimately would meet a gruesom end. Team 2 very comfortably, probably not even with any casualties.

Syndicate
Can you send me the Nox/Dooku comparison? I don't know much about Nox.

NewGuy01
Ventress is a weaker link, but Team 1 wins anyway.

Tondemonai
Originally posted by Syndicate
Can you send me the Nox/Dooku comparison? I don't know much about Nox.

Nox has absorbed and bonded 4 dark side ghosts of powerful ancient Sith, as well as a Voss Mystic. She uses a double bladed lightsaber (saberstaff), manipulates the Force to an unreal digree, capable of slapping the blasts of Force Lightning fired by Darth Thanaton aside with her bare hands. Thanaton was stated in his lore to be one of the strongest Sith Sorcerers in centuries. She was physically modified and reconstructed by Rakatan machines that prolonged her life by several "solar cycles." She has studied ancient and powerful dark side sorceries and rituals that have multiplied her strength. She has mastered the techniques of Force Shroud, making her invisible, as well as using Force Lightning at an unbelievably sofisticated digree; on top of that knowing dozens of Sith Sorcery techniques and Force Healing powers almost unrivaled in her time.

Dooku is one of the greatest lightsaber duelists in history. His mastery of the dark side is considerable, overwhelming powerful members of the Jedi Order on multiple occasions. He knows many different Force techniques, however he never truly committed to mastering many of them; rather learning to an advanced digree but never to a truly masterful one.

Syndicate
Originally posted by Tondemonai
Nox has absorbed and bonded 4 dark side ghosts of powerful ancient Sith, as well as a Voss Mystic. She uses a double bladed lightsaber (saberstaff), manipulates the Force to an unreal digree, capable of slapping the blasts of Force Lightning fired by Darth Thanaton aside with her bare hands. Thanaton was stated in his lore to be one of the strongest Sith Sorcerers in centuries. She was physically modified and reconstructed by Rakatan machines that prolonged her life by several "solar cycles." She has studied ancient and powerful dark side sorceries and rituals that have multiplied her strength. She has mastered the techniques of Force Shroud, making her invisible, as well as using Force Lightning at an unbelievably sofisticated digree; on top of that knowing dozens of Sith Sorcery techniques and Force Healing powers almost unrivaled in her time.

Dooku is one of the greatest lightsaber duelists in history. His mastery of the dark side is considerable, overwhelming powerful members of the Jedi Order on multiple occasions. He knows many different Force techniques, however he never truly committed to mastering many of them; rather learning to an advanced digree but never to a truly masterful one.

Sounds like Nox has a lot of accolades but very few measurable feats.

DarthAnt66
I've got Satele below Ventress.
LMFAO

Syndicate
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
LMFAO

Ant I need to ask you about a certain feat of Bane's.

Emperordmb
You can ask me... The guy who spent hours reading through the trilogy over and over again and making a 2 part RT for him.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Emperordmb
You can ask me... The guy who spent hours reading through the trilogy over and over again and making a 2 part RT for him. http://media3.giphy.com/media/GA2dwDU7owOS4/giphy.gif

NewGuy01
Which is why asking you a question about Bane's feats is almost as bad as asking Ant a question about Revan's.

Also, on Ton's part, that's a lot of speculation. For one thing, he's assuming that Nox chose the path of a Sith Assassin, which is almost certainly wrong at this point. But those kinds of issues tend to happen when you're discussing a player-controlled game character with no other source material to draw off on.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Which is why asking you a question about Bane's feats is almost as bad as asking Ant a question about Revan's.
At least that's some credit :no1:

Syndicate
You can ask me... The guy who spent hours reading through the trilogy over and over again and making a 2 part RT for him.

Apologies but I dislike asking questions about characters from people who made an RT about the character. They tend to have a lot invested into the character and have trouble removing bias from their answers.

Vixas
King Joker, for the context of the match-up are morals on/off and are either side given basic info on their opponents or are they to be taken as random somebodies they encounter after magically appearing on Lothal?

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Vixas
King Joker, for the context of the match-up are morals on/off and are either side given basic info on their opponents or are they to be taken as random somebodies they encounter after magically appearing on Lothal? They're all in their normal state of mind, with no knowledge on their opponents.

Emperordmb
Well in that case I'd say Ant and Neph are probably your best bets on here. If someone else, I'd recommend asking someone on CV

Also be aware if you're asking about Bane, there's definitely people here who have a similar investment in Bane, except in the complete opposite direction

Syndicate
Well in that case I'd say Ant and Neph are probably your best bets on here. If someone else, I'd recommend asking someone on CV

Ant's not answering me... I suppose I'll hope you're objective. What is Bane's best unaided force feat. I had always fought it was collapsing a temple but I heard he accomplished this on a Dark Side nexus. Is this true? And if so what's his best unaided feat?

Emperordmb
I'd argue the temple of the ancients feat is easily within his grasp by DOE given a vast improvement in power that I explained on a blog on CV (one of the improvements including him being more powerful than he ever was before including when he was on Lehon when he collapsed the temple) but staying true to your question, producing a one handed blast of lightning powerful enough to disintegrate four people comes to mind as one of the best lightning feats in the mythos.

Syndicate
I'd argue the temple of the ancients feat is easily within his grasp by DOE given a vast improvement in power that I explained on a blog on CV, but staying true to your question, producing a one handed blast of lightning powerful enough to disintegrate four people comes to mind as one of the best lightning feats in the mythos.

Disintegrate? I thought he charred them. Was this when he was riding the drexl?

Also what's his best unaided TK feat?

|King Joker|
Take this to PM, brothers. smile

Emperordmb
Yeah I'll take it to Pm

Vixas
Originally posted by |King Joker|
They're all in their normal state of mind, with no knowledge on their opponents.

Well if that's the case then my thoughts are as follows though I am not feeling up to writing anything too long, but it will still probably be slightly lengthy....

Satele immediately demands they surrender, sensing Dooku's obvious darkside alignment. As we've seen with her this of course comes with the proclamation that she is the Grandmaster of the Order (in her time). Dooku will be intrigued and go to engage Satele himself to test her. Vos will likely hesitate to fight her due to this and move to engage one of her obvious Sith allies. Likely the Wrath due to.... well... between Nox and Wrath I wholly doubt Wrath will be the one to sit back and tell Nox to get his lightning-slinging ghostbusting up there. Not to mention Ventress is the kind of person to sit back and see how things play out, as is Nox.

So to recap we have......

Dooku V.S. Satele; Wrath V.S. Vos; Ventress V.S. Nox

DvS: As we see in Episode 2 Dooku, and later on in TCW, Dooku loves showing just how much above the Jedi his new teachings have made him. To be blunt, Satele can stalemate the force-fight, and sabers would not end IMMEDIATELY for her, due to Lothal being a lot of open plains. But if she sticks around to fight Dooku she is surely dead.

WvV: I see this being an interesting and excellent duel. Wrath would LIKELY gain the upper-hand at first but I feel Vos b-lusting would even it up if not give him a slight edge, though how long he can keep this up I will admit to not being entirely sure on. I doubt he'll kill Wrath quickly so these two will be in an effective stalemate until some other facet of the battlefield changes.

AvN: This is where, in my opinion, Team 1 loses their advantage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s3x8ox2ToE

As we see starting from about 3:20, Dooku (Who Nox is near, if not in my opinion, slightly above as a force-user) humiliates Ventress pretty casually with his force powers. There are also two other factors to consider in this, what I feel is the most one-sided match-up here is that Ventress will have no terrain to maneuver with (Which she is admittedly excellent at) and that Nox can outright stop her from engaging in sabers. Thus in my opinion, Ventress dies before anyone else to Nox without too much effort and no amp usage.

3v2: After that, quite honestly the only decision left is whether Nox wants Satele to die to Dooku or not. If so, then he blind-sides Vos and helps Wrath defeat him. Giving Dooku the time he needs to finish Satele. If not, then he attacks the Count, scoring a blow or making him take the defensive. In which case as Satele has shown during team engagements, she can utilize BM after assisting Wrath by force-pushing Vos or interfering in some manner. In which case I completely see a BM'd Wrath and Nox taking Dooku and Vos.

Thoughts: If Ventress was someone slightly more powerful, I could see Team 1 taking 9/10 easily. But given that, in my opinion, these are the most likely match-ups, she does not stick around enough to make any real difference.

Syndicate
Dooku is above Satele in every regard aside from perhaps durability though she is nearly as powerful in the force.

Don't know about Wrath.

Don't know about Nox though she doesn't seem all that powerful from what was said about her in this thread.

Emperordmb
Eh I'd give Satele the edge over Dooku in tutaminis and foresight.

Syndicate
Eh I'd give Satele the edge over Dooku in tutaminis and foresight.

Oh definitely. I wasn't really thinking about specialized force abilities.

Emperordmb
Oh, bringing up durability kinda had me thinking about specialized things. Generally, I consider the four non-specialized categories skills, force abilities, physical abilities, and willpower, so bringing up durability, which I consider a specialized physical capability, had me thinking in terms of specialized categories too, but that's just how I personally categorize things.

DarthAnt66
NGL DMB made a solid post on why DOE Bane could bring down the temple without a nexus.

Though note the twenty meter temple, not the planet-size one we saw in SWTOR.

Vixas
Oh definitely. I wasn't really thinking about specialized force abilities.

In her prime I would put them close in TK as well. Essentially nullifying Dooku's main avenues of attack with the force: lightning and TK. The open space of Lothal would lend to her Ataru style but Dooku trained Qui-Gon so she will die quickly after engaging in sabers. But not before Ventress dies to Nox.

Syndicate
Oh, bringing up durability kinda had me thinking about specialized things. Generally, I consider the four non-specialized categories skills, force abilities, physical abilities, and willpower, so bringing up durability, which I consider a specialized physical capability, had me thinking in terms of specialized categories too, but that's just how I personally categorize things.

I ussually focus on physical feats, power feats and skill feats with strength, speed, endurance and durability falling under the umbrella term of physical feats.

Syndicate
In her prime I would put them close in TK as well. Essentially nullifying Dooku's main avenues of attack with the force: lightning and TK. The open space of Lothal would lend to her Ataru style but Dooku trained Qui-Gon so she will die quickly after engaging in sabers. But not before Ventress dies to Nox.

She demonstrated blowing a metal door open. Impressive but not on Dooku's level, though as I said she's not too far off.

Nox from what has been posted in this thread doesn't seem all that powerful.

Vixas
She demonstrated blowing a metal door open. Impressive but not on Dooku's level, though as I said she's not too far off.

Well, from the Hope trailer, before her prime, she pastes Malgus to a boulder and smashes the boulder... mountain... large rock behind him to pieces. If I am not mistaken she also crushed Hex droids to pieces. There was something special about them if I am not mistaken... anyways, I am in complete agreement she does not WIN any of these comparisons. Just that she SURVIVES longer than Ventress.

Oh! ALso, Happy Thanksgiving to those it applies to! For those it does not, I hope your day was equally wonderful!

Emperordmb

She also holds a mini-atmosphere around herself with TK, though I'd agree she's not Dooku level.

As far as Nox goes, I'd advise you watch the end of the Nox vs Thanaton fight which I can't like because I'm on a phone. You could find it by searching "Sith Inquisitor Ending" on YouTube though. That or someone will read this and link you to the viddie.

Syndicate
She also holds a mini-atmosphere around herself with TK, though I'd agree she's not Dooku level.

As far as Nox goes, I'd advise you watch the end of the Nox vs Thanaton fight which I can't like because I'm on a phone. You could find it by searching "Sith Inquisitor Ending" on YouTube though. That or someone will read this and link you to the viddie.

Alright I'll do that thanks.

Syndicate
Well, from the Hope trailer, before her prime, she pastes Malgus to a boulder and smashes the boulder... mountain... large rock behind him to pieces. If I am not mistaken she also crushed Hex droids to pieces. There was something special about them if I am not mistaken... anyways, I am in complete agreement she does not WIN any of these comparisons. Just that she SURVIVES longer than Ventress.

Oh! ALso, Happy Thanksgiving to those it applies to! For those it does not, I hope your day was equally wonderful!

All impressive though as you said not on Dooku's level. Also large rock. wink

DarthAnt66
@DMB: Yeah, Nox completely destroyed (to the point where he was ****ing backhanding his lightning and forced him to kneel) an extremely powerful Sith Lord.

Tondemonai
Originally posted by NewGuy01

Also, on Ton's part, that's a lot of speculation. For one thing, he's assuming that Nox chose the path of a Sith Assassin, which is almost certainly wrong at this point. But those kinds of issues tend to happen when you're discussing a player-controlled game character with no other source material to draw off on.

When viewing TOR protags, especially Nox/'thor, I take into account all feats from both andanced class'. Nox was an incredible Force wielder, as well as a skilled combatant with a saberstaff. Keep in mind that even though she isn't cannon anymore if you want to look at it as canonically as possible you take into account both advanced class'.

Tondemonai
Also the Thanaton v. Nox ending: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XND2wemqChE

Got your back And 'n Sind wink

SunRazer
Team 2, if only because Ventress is likely going to die from the sheer exchange of Force Powers.

Syndicate
Also the Thanaton v. Nox ending: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XND2wemqChE

Got your back And 'n Sind wink

Impressive. Is there any way we can quantify the power of Thanaton's lightning? Also when Nox absorbed that lightning did she get an amp allowing her to summon those spirits. Also what did those spirits do?

carthage
-

Kurk
Dooku solos

Nephthys
Impressive. Is there any way we can quantify the power of Thanaton's lightning? Also when Nox absorbed that lightning did she get an amp allowing her to summon those spirits. Also what did those spirits do?

About 40 years before the game, Thanaton is capable of destroying large metal objects with his lightning and kill huge monsters. He improves immensely since then. In particular he receives a vision of his future self who demonstrates the difference between them by one-shotting himself at that time easily. Thanaton is stated to be "supremely powerful" and even when Nox uses the power of 2 ghosts against him, Thanaton is still able to one-shot her with a technique. Which is likely considerably less powerful than the charged up lightning storm he uses in the final fight.

The ghosts are bound to Nox. She can summon their combined power to wield as she wishes. Note that Nox is by herself a very powerful force user capable of shattering large rocks with lightning and dispatching small armies even as a noob.

Syndicate
Originally posted by Nephthys
About 40 years before the game, Thanaton is capable of destroying large metal objects with his lightning and kill huge monsters. He improves immensely since then. In particular he receives a vision of his future self who demonstrates the difference between them by one-shotting himself at that time easily. Thanaton is stated to be "supremely powerful" and even when Nox uses the power of 2 ghosts against him, Thanaton is still able to one-shot her with a technique. Which is likely considerably less powerful than the charged up lightning storm he uses in the final fight.

The ghosts are bound to Nox. She can summon their combined power to wield as she wishes. Note that Nox is by herself a very powerful force user capable of shattering large rocks with lightning and dispatching small armies even as a noob.

So she can easily deflect lightning capable of distorting metal and killing large creatures. Her force defenses are solid. What are Than's force defenses like?

carthage
She deflected Thanatons lightning with one hand and used barrier to stop blaster bolts iirc

Syndicate
Originally posted by carthage
She deflected Thanatons lightning with one hand and used barrier to stop blaster bolts iirc

Gotcha. What are Than's force defenses like?

Tondemonai

Teneb Kel (Thanaton before... Well Thanaton) killed a giant Tarentatek with ease by stabbing his lightsaber into it and channeling Force Lightning into it. The lightsaber wound seemed to be more of a slight inconvenience than anything else to the Tarentatek, where the lightning was seemingly what killed it. This was roughly 40 years before his death. I wouldn't imagine she would get an amp from that, though if she did it wouldn't make any difference. The ghosts are the spirits of powerful ancient Sith that she bound to herself using the Forcewalking technique, which allows the user to absorb the power of the spirit and call upon it at will; as you saw in that fight when they appeared and then exploded into energy. She did that to tap into their power and draw on them to a stronger degree than previously. This fight was also before her prime of sorts. We have seen her grow in strength, bacoming more knowledgable in Sith Sorcery and such.

Syndicate
Teneb Kel (Thanaton before... Well Thanaton) killed a giant Tarentatek with ease by stabbing his lightsaber into it and channeling Force Lightning into it. The lightsaber wound seemed to be more of a slight inconvenience than anything else to the Tarentatek, where the lightning was seemingly what killed it. This was roughly 40 years before his death. I wouldn't imagine she would get an amp from that, though if she did it wouldn't make any difference. The ghosts are the spirits of powerful ancient Sith that she bound to herself using the Forcewalking technique, which allows the user to absorb the power of the spirit and call upon it at will; as you saw in that fight when they appeared and then exploded into energy. She did that to tap into their power and draw on them to a stronger degree than previously. This fight was also before her prime of sorts. We have seen her grow in strength, bacoming more knowledgable in Sith Sorcery and such.

Tondemonai

When Nox first confronted him after absorbing the fourth Sith Spirit he put a shield around himself that was seemingly impenetrable.
Video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RPFM7kx7APQ

Also fun fact Thanaton manipulated Force Lightning to levitate himself and fly.
Video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A3czLiqjYWU jump to 6:30

DarthAnt66
thumb up He was capable of making himself "temporarily invulnerable to all attacks", albeit through meditation.

Nephthys
Honestly Thanaton doesn't have many defense feats beyond not dying when Nox goes berserk and having a force bubble.

But I can't think of, say, Ventress successfully blocking a force attack either so meh. Some lack feats in some area but Thanaton is supremely powerful regardless.

Syndicate
I'll take him being a Dark Council member as having moderately powerful force defenses which Nox broke through.

Alright then now all I need to know about is Wrath to make a decision.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.