Will the First Order make the old Imperial regime look weak ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112

Q99
I really doubt it. While potentially quite individually badass, they don't have near the scale or resources.

It's dark and serious because the characters facing it are on one planet (or whatever) and are locally going to be pretty badly outmatched.

Note how the darkest of the original trilogy was the only one without a Death Star, the Imperials deployed the smallest amount of forces there.

carthage
I wonder how they'll compare to the Imperial Remnant/Chiss Empire

Syndicate
Not at all.

Q99
That range, or even stronger, is quite possible.

quanchi112
I sense there is a lack of faith in the First Order. I do not doubt the power of the first order.

Q99
I mean, they've lost much of the galaxy and are a group aiming to reverse those loses and expand again. That pretty much states that they don't have the power of the Empire.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Q99
I mean, they've lost much of the galaxy and are a group aiming to reverse those loses and expand again. That pretty much states that they don't have the power of the Empire. Greater numbers doesn't necessarily mean greater power. Star killer should give you an idea of what the First Order is capable of in this new film. I get that it's all speculation at this point but I have a feelin'.

Q99
Originally posted by quanchi112
Greater numbers doesn't necessarily mean greater power. Star killer should give you an idea of what the First Order is capable of in this new film. I get that it's all speculation at this point but I have a feelin'.

It means more military power at least.

As for personal power... I doubt they're going to surpass Vader or Sidious, but there could be more darksiders among them.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Q99
It means more military power at least.

As for personal power... I doubt they're going to surpass Vader or Sidious, but there could be more darksiders among them. Well I personally think the star killer is going to be a lot more powerful than the Death Star.

If the starkiller base is greater than the deathstar then to me it makes sense to make Snoke > Palpatine. Hell, if he turned out to be Darth Plagueis then that's pretty much a given.

Trocity
If the starkiller base is greater than the deathstar then to me it makes sense to make Snoke > Palpatine. Hell, if he turned out to be Darth Plagueis then that's pretty much a given.

https://media.giphy.com/media/zjQrmdlR9ZCM/giphy.gif

quanchi112
Originally posted by Trocity
https://media.giphy.com/media/zjQrmdlR9ZCM/giphy.gif Ok, pm me and I'll explain it all to you so it makes sense and your brain doesn't have to hurt anymore.

Trocity
http://www.sheawong.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/no-gif.gif

playa1258
It is yet to be seen.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Trocity
http://www.sheawong.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/no-gif.gif Ah, a masochist.

The Merchant
Probably not. The SK base is more than likely going to be some chain reaction weapon, while the Death Star is all power. Oh, and SW>ST.

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Merchant
Probably not. The SK base is more than likely going to be some chain reaction weapon, while the Death Star is all power. Oh, and SW>ST. If the chain reaction has greater power than the Death Star beam then it is more powerful.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. That's a vague statement. What do you mean by it ? In what capacity ?

The Merchant
That doesn't make much sense to me. Like, for example the Sun Crusher in the old SW EU used some missile that released some weird thing to make stars to go Supernova, yet when it hit the Death Star prototype, it just dissolved some of it and didn't do any real damage. Could be the same case with the Starkiller base.

Pretty much everything barring exotic technology. And of course God like beings but when I talk about SW vs. ST I usually refer to the Empire vs. Federation.

NewGuy01
I doubt it; the technology of the SK from what we've seen seems decidedly superior to the Death Star.

That being said, using that as evidence for Snoke being more powerful than Palpatine is beyond retarded.

The Merchant
Has any new info of the SK even been revealed? All I know is that it destroys entire star systems. However that works hasn't been revealed to us as of yet, well as far as I know.

quanchi112
That doesn't make much sense to me. Like, for example the Sun Crusher in the old SW EU used some missile that released some weird thing to make stars to go Supernova, yet when it hit the Death Star prototype, it just dissolved some of it and didn't do any real damage. Could be the same case with the Starkiller base.

Pretty much everything barring exotic technology. And of course God like beings but when I talk about SW vs. ST I usually refer to the Empire vs. Federation. It makes no sense for it to not be more powerful than the Death Star.

I disagree. The Empire while numerically far greater lack the technology Star Trek would employ. Just look at the weaponry Khan created that the Federation would use. Teleportation is a huge advantage and let's be honest the stormtroopers are about as inept as bad guys can be.

Also with what I've heard a paramount executive talk about we might see the navy seals of the Star Trek universe in Star Trek Beyond so prepare yourself.

quanchi112
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I doubt it; the technology of the SK from what we've seen seems decidedly superior to the Death Star.

That being said, using that as evidence for Snoke being more powerful than Palpatine is beyond retarded. So the new big bad will be less than Palpatine. That makes no sense whatsoever. Here take a look at the new upgrades starkiller base but the guy who runs the first order just doesn't compare to Palpatine. They are going to up the ante.

The Merchant
If it's a big beam of destructive energy that somehow destroys everything in a star system or it's some sort of bomb that has the output of a Supernova, then sure. However, knowing how much scienfe fiction likes going the chain-reaction route I really doubt it.

Not really. Even going by just the movies we see firepower from light turbolasers from an ISD vaporize asteroids that are 20 meters in diameter, which at the very least require 60 Kilotons of tnt energy. Scaling for the bigger turbolasers we get double digit Megatons of firepower. Transporters get blocked by shields and other electronic interference, which the Empire employs.

EmperorSidious2
Ummm, I would say no for a few reasons.

1. They don't have Palaptine. Palpatine was the emperor. He was the head of the empire. He was brilliant, manipulative, got the empire what it,needed to push his own agenda and had his power. No one can replicate him IMO.

2. Much smaller in size. Being much smaller in size means they are much smaller in any other way: military, economy, population, etc. So yea they don't have the resources to be on the level of the Empire.

3. Darth Vader- No matter what there most likely won't be a Supreme Commander lie, Vader to help lead the empire.

4. The problems they face. The empire didn't have to worry about trying to build itself up like the First Order does. The Empire had a galaxy already there while the first order is trying to expand from such a disadvantaged positions with less of a military, worse commanders, worse economy and etc.

The one advantage however that The first Order has over the empire is that there is a 30-40 year gap from ROTJ to FA.

So no I don't think they will be as good as the Empire as of now. Do I discount them, no I don't.

NewGuy01
So the new big bad will be less than Palpatine. That makes no sense whatsoever. Here take a look at the new upgrades starkiller base but the guy who runs the first order just doesn't compare to Palpatine. They are going to up the ante.

That's fine, the new generation of Jedi are insignificant compared to the 10,000 heroes of old as well.

quanchi112
If it's a big beam of destructive energy that somehow destroys everything in a star system or it's some sort of bomb that has the output of a Supernova, then sure. However, knowing how much scienfe fiction likes going the chain-reaction route I really doubt it.

Not really. Even going by just the movies we see firepower from light turbolasers from an ISD vaporize asteroids that are 20 meters in diameter, which at the very least require 60 Kilotons of tnt energy. Scaling for the bigger turbolasers we get double digit Megatons of firepower. Transporters get blocked by shields and other electronic interference, which the Empire employs. We shall see and I'd put money on the starkiller base to be greater than the Death Star.

We also see dog fighting is something that still works in Wars but in Trek they can bomb the hell out of these ships without impunity. Throw in a progressive universe, black hole like tech, teleportational abilities going up against for the most part a static Star Wars universe and it's a done deal.

quanchi112
Originally posted by NewGuy01
That's fine, the new generation of Jedi are insignificant compared to the 10,000 heroes of old as well. The older Jedi order was wiped out quite easily and I doubt the previous era will compare to the new trilogy but we will definitely find out. I have a feeling Palpatine is going to wind up envious of the new big bad. Whether or not that turns out to be Snoke remains to be seen but my money is on a much harsher, more formidable era than the previous one.

Syndicate
If they have Thrawn maybe. xD

ares834
Will they make the Galactic Empire look weak? No. Of course not.

As for whether they are better then the GE? I'd guess that's both yes and no. The First Order are obviously not going to have the resources the Empire did. But I expect their troops were generally be better trained and better equipped. And Starkiller Base has far more fire power than either of the Death Stars.

The Merchant
Like I said, if the Starkiller Base does end up using pure power to blow up star systems then yeah, it's totally stronger than the Death Star. If it uses something like the Sun Crushers torps, then no. It's more destructive, not necessarily more powerful.

Why is dog fighting an indicator that they're not more tech advanced? Unless you're implying that they're using their actual eyesight to see the fighters, when that's not the case. We see them use those small computers to target enemy ships and blast them. Not to mention we see X wings literally fly all the way to the Death Star in mere minutes, the distance between the DS and Yavin IV had to be nearly millions of Kilometers considering in between them was a gas giant, and there's no indication the fighters slowed down either, they said they accelerated to attack speed.

Wasn't red matter an incredibly rare substance that was only useful if they dropped it in the core of a planet? I also know they made one in space but I don't remember how, didn't the ship that had all of the red matter blow up and that was essentially all of it? Not to mention the ships could just use hyperspace and leave. Transporters get blocked by a myriad of things, from dense materials to shields to electrical interference, which ISDS have all three.

quanchi112
Like I said, if the Starkiller Base does end up using pure power to blow up star systems then yeah, it's totally stronger than the Death Star. If it uses something like the Sun Crushers torps, then no. It's more destructive, not necessarily more powerful.

Why is dog fighting an indicator that they're not more tech advanced? Unless you're implying that they're using their actual eyesight to see the fighters, when that's not the case. We see them use those small computers to target enemy ships and blast them. Not to mention we see X wings literally fly all the way to the Death Star in mere minutes, the distance between the DS and Yavin IV had to be nearly millions of Kilometers considering in between them was a gas giant, and there's no indication the fighters slowed down either, they said they accelerated to attack speed.

Wasn't red matter an incredibly rare substance that was only useful if they dropped it in the core of a planet? I also know they made one in space but I don't remember how, didn't the ship that had all of the red matter blow up and that was essentially all of it? Not to mention the ships could just use hyperspace and leave. Transporters get blocked by a myriad of things, from dense materials to shields to electrical interference, which ISDS have all three. If it causes the chain reaction to decimate far more than a planet yes it definitely is.

They can use their targeting system but their tech hasn't been able to fire away from the distances farther away than what we see from the Star Wars ships.

It was useful in stopping a supernova and in destroying the Narada. We see how much red matter they had and they only needed a drop or so. How many Death Stars do they have; two ??

Trek can teleport and they have warp speed and three times warp speed. The scary thing is they haven't fully militarized and we still see what they'd be capable of with Khan's help. Star Wars would rue the day they crossed Khan.

Emperordmb
Khan would get on a video chat with Sheev demanding his surrender, and Sheev would choke the life out of him from across the Galaxy. GG

quanchi112
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Khan would get on a video chat with Sheev demanding his surrender, and Sheev would choke the life out of him from across the Galaxy. GG Khan would teleport right behind him and crush his skull. Palpatine would be in awe of their tech and beg while he heard his own skull break.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Khan would get on a video chat with Sheev demanding his surrender, and Sheev would choke the life out of him from across the Galaxy. GG

Oh 100%. Either Vader or Sheev would choke Khan over video chat.

And it's in character for Khan to Skype before he starts firing as well, as proven in Into Darkness.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Oh 100%. Either Vader or Sheev would choke Khan over video chat.

And it's in character for Khan to Skype before he starts firing as well, as proven in Into Darkness. He'd start firing as soon as that occurred but he'd never have to chat because they'd have nothing he needed. They don't have his men in their torpedoes. Common sense.

Rebel95
I think the new starkiller base will be superior to the death star. As to whether snoke will be superior to palpatine, I'm not sure.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rebel95
I think the new starkiller base will be superior to the death star. As to whether snoke will be superior to palpatine, I'm not sure. It makes no sense for thirty years in the future to have a base less powerful to the previous one. If Snoke is the new big bad for the trilogy he should be IMO.

Lord Stark
What's all this about Finn not being Force Sensitive? Can someone explain please.

ares834

FreshestSlice
That's because Finn gets his ass kicked, and Rey goes to meet Luke alone. Probably for maximum Father-Daughter angst.

playa1258
I would like Snoke to be stronger than Palpatine myself. I think First Order troops and weapons will be superior individually to the Empire. Kylo will be inferior to Vader no question though.

Lord Stark
Please let my nigga Finn be force sensitive and both him and Rey train. sad

Also how reliable are these 'spoilers' anyone have a link?

ares834

FreshestSlice
Still just about positive that Rey is Luke's daughter. If she was left on Jakku at 5, she's 20 in this, and the attack on luke's Academy was 15 years ago. Just fits too well.

ares834
That's my guess as well. Though I'm not sure if it will be revealed in this film.

Lord Stark
Han dies?!?! NOOOOOOO! I might actually cry during this movie.

playa1258
People are going to cry during the opening crawl and when Luke shows up.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by playa1258
People are going to cry during the opening crawl and when Luke shows up.

Well I won't cry but I will just be in my seat excited as hell

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
People are going to cry during the opening crawl and when Luke shows up. No. Snoke and Kylo are the big attractions here.

FreshestSlice
Yeah, Snook is barely even in this film and Kylo is a Vader clone. A shitty one at that. I'm sure that's what people came here to see.

quanchi112
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Yeah, Snook is barely even in this film and Kylo is a Vader clone. A shitty one at that. I'm sure that's what people came here to see. It is Snoke not Snook and Luke is barely in the film as well but that doesn't mean someone can't be anticipating any of these characters. You don't make any sense. I never cared much for Vader and this remains to be seen. It's subjective so don't try to pass your opinion off as fact when you don't even know what Snoke's real name is.

ares834
No. Snoke and Kylo are the big attractions here.

Snoke is "the big attraction here"?

laughing out loud

quanchi112
Originally posted by ares834
Snoke is "the big attraction here"?

laughing out loud To me, yes. It seems like Kylo is the biggest attraction marketing wise and by the looks of the poster I'd say Disney agrees. This is all subjective, kiddo.

Darth Abonis
The First Order is no Galactic Empire. They simply have a bigger, shinier toy.

FreshestSlice
It is Snoke not Snook

Phone.

Luke's a well-established fan-favorite that this, and the entire OT, was based upon. Snoke is a gust of wind away from being a decrepit corpse, and we have no idea who he is. They aren't even comparable.

He's a Vader clone. And surprise! No one cares about your opinion. Vader's one of, if not the, most popular characters in the mythos.

Ironic.

Trying too hard.

quanchi112
Phone.

Luke's a well-established fan-favorite that this, and the entire OT, was based upon. Snoke is a gust of wind away from being a decrepit corpse, and we have no idea who he is. They aren't even comparable.

He's a Vader clone. And surprise! No one cares about your opinion. Vader's one of, if not the, most popular characters in the mythos.

Ironic.

Trying too hard. Show some accountability.

I have never cared for Luke. He will never be cool to me. Snoke may be the new big bad, his voice sounds cool, he's a dark sider, and he seems to the mastermind behind the First Order who looks magnificent. One has amazing potential while the other is quite lame.

He may fashion himself after Vader but I believe by the series end he will be superior to Vader. Vader is way cooler than Luke but he also never tickled my fancy.

You aren't trying hard enough, Snook. wink

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
The First Order is no Galactic Empire. They simply have a bigger, shinier toy. We shall see about that.

FreshestSlice
Show some accountability.

I don't spellcheck my posts to randoms on the internet.

Surprise! No one cares about your opinion.

Surprise! No one cares about your opinion.

Yeah, I'm not DP. you aren't worth the effort.

quanchi112
I don't spellcheck my posts to randoms on the internet.

Yeah, I'm not DP. you aren't worth the effort. I am no random I am this forum.

If I was t worth your effort you wouldn't have responded in the first place. I explained myself and you choose to concede. I'll wait with fevered anticipation of Snoke and Kylo. You can lust after Luke. I'm glad you don't have the same preferences as myself.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.