ROTJ Luke vs TPM Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel95
You know the routine:
Sabers
Force
All out

If Luke wins, round 2 is SOD Maul

Syndicate
Maul.
Maul.
Maul.

quanchi112
Maul wins.

Rebel95
I think rotj Luke is underrated, but maybe it's just me.

Syndicate
He managed to keep up with an emotionally hindered Vader meaning he has top notch physicals. It's just his skill and combative applications of the force are lacking.

Maul can match all of his physicals however and is more skilled and has more combative applications of the force.

It's in no way a stomp and is an extremely even fight I just see Maul taking a majority.

Syndicate
Additionally I remembered by RotJ Luke had lifted an ATST and turned on all the computers in Cloud City which is on par with force pushing TPM Kenobi and Maul musing about collapsing a barracks.

Round 2 should be a tie or in Luke's favor if we're comparing raw power though Maul has demonstrated more combative applications.

DarthAnt66
May ILS be merciful...

carthage
ILS actually has a high opinion of Luke

Emperordmb
I don't know where to rank ROTS Luke, but its somewhere between Ventress and Dooku, meaning I'm completely unsure of how this fight goes other than that it won't be a stomp either way.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I don't know where to rank ROTS Luke, but its somewhere between Ventress and Dooku, meaning I'm completely unsure of how this fight goes other than that it won't be a stomp either way.

cs_zoltan

Pretty sure RotS Luke is a newborn.

Darth Thor

I'd say between Ventress and ROTS Anakin level.

My guess is around Early TCW Anakin level. Because I think anything late into TCW and Anakin's skill set should be beyond ROTJ Luke.

But it's just a guess tbh.

Beniboybling
Really? Luke should have superior physicals to Anakin and is likely an equal if not superior duelist. I'd put Luke marginally above him.Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Pretty sure RotS Luke is a newborn. If he's between Ventress & Dooku he must be. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Really? Luke should have superior physicals to Anakin and is likely an equal if not superior duelist.

Anakin at which point? ROTS?

Beniboybling
Yes.

Darth Thor
Personally don't see how that's possible tbh. Seen as from everything we know Anakin would have had the higher potential, and ROTJ Luke had just completed his training. Whereas ROTS Anakin was like 3 years post Knighthood.

But maybe that's just me.

Beniboybling
Well we have to consider that Luke appears capable of matching Vader's strength, and several fairly sources reinforce this. Fightsaber also strongly suggests that Luke as a Djem So duelist was every bit his fathers equal if not better. And as far as TK is concerned, Anakin isn't really any better than Luke.

Should Anakin logically have a higher potential, being the Chosen One? Maybe but then the Force works in mysterious ways ( stick out tongue ) and Luke wouldn't be the first Force user to be seemingly stronger than their parents e.g. Galen Marek, Jacen Solo. There isn't really any evidence to suggest that one's potential in the Force is equational to the combined potential of their parents, or follows any real rules at all.

Darth Thor
No I was just under the impression Anakin was the one with the greatest potential of all Jedi/Sith. Even greater than his children. I'd be surprised if Luke actually had Greater potential than Anakin anyway.

Well it's not like we saw Anakin matched up against Vader in Sabers, so hard to draw conclusions that way. Remember Anakin had completely mastered Djem So. But I suppose that was by ROTS which would aid your point.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Darth Thor
No I was just under the impression Anakin was the one with the greatest potential of all Jedi/Sith. Even greater than his children. I'd be surprised if Luke actually had Greater potential than Anakin anyway.And I'm saying there is no real reason why Luke couldn't have inherited that potential and then some.True but Vader had 20 years additional training which in part he used to master and incorporate additional forms.

I'ts not as if Vader suffered memory loss, so he is only building on prior mastery, the only thing that could have limited his skill was his suit, but sources state he largely overcame that. At the very least Luke is in Anakin's league.

cs_zoltan
I thought Luke inherited and fulfilled Anakin's potential.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
I thought Luke inherited and fulfilled Anakin's potential. George does say Luke had Anakin's potential, but he only says he could have fulfilled it, not that he did. I guess we'll see to what extent he did in the Sequel Trilogy.

quanchi112
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Pretty sure RotS Luke is a newborn. laughing out loud

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Beniboybling

I'ts not as if Vader suffered memory loss, so he is only building on prior mastery, the only thing that could have limited his skill was his suit, but sources state he largely overcame that. At the very least Luke is in Anakin's league.

I don't have a problem with ROTJ Luke = ROTS Anakin. Just don't think it makes any sense is all.

Surely you're Knighted once you've reached a certain level of skill and mastery. So if Luke's skill level was really equal to Vader's he should have reached Knight level long ago and be ready to be a Jedi Master now really.

|King Joker|
There is still the emotional / mental aspect you need to have control over before you reach the rank of Jedi Knight, and Luke hadn't mastered that side of him until he overcame the dark side's allure in RotJ.

Kurk
I'd say Luke could take on a TPM Maul. A CW Maul would be a different story though

Darth Thor
Originally posted by |King Joker|
There is still the emotional / mental aspect you need to have control over before you reach the rank of Jedi Knight, and Luke hadn't mastered that side of him until he overcame the dark side's allure in RotJ.

True.

Syndicate
Originally posted by Kurk
I'd say Luke could take on a TPM Maul. A CW Maul would be a different story though

He definitely could. Maul is just slightly superior in durability and endurance along with combative applications of the force.

Tbh I'm rethinking my stance on the skill disparity between RotJ Luke and TPM Maul and I think that could be open to debate.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.