TMNT vs TMNT

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Decter
The 2003 series all the up to season 5

http://www.thewebsiteofdoom.com/new/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/tumblr_inline_n2ad63BHxH1qgp297.jpg

vs

The 2013 series

http://gamersxtreme.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/TMNT-2013-Wallpaper.jpg

Round 1: Which is more enjoyable
Round 2: Who had the better fight scenes
Round 3: Who would win in a bloodlusted fight

I-Drop
2003. Every round

Q99
I think the newer series is better, but the '03 turtles are portrayed as older and stronger, generally.

Like, the '13s are maybe 15 or so, the '03s 18, I'd guess. Those aren't the official ages, but that's my impression.

So I rate '13 for fun, '13 for fight scenes (no offense to '03s! Newer techniques, looks to be bigger budget too), and '03 for wins-in-a-fight.

cdtm
'03 drew more heavily from the source comics. Plus, it had Usagi, and more importantly Gen! (Sure, he was portrayed as nothing like the Han Solo type the writer claimed him to be, and more of a samurai Garfield, but still!)

2013 series is a lot more original. Personally, I like it, but it can be really hit and miss (The Napoleaon Dynamite Frog was just painful.)

As far as the fight goes, if we're using season 5, then that means powers. Which makes this a stomp in favor of '03.

I don't think they need the powers to win, though.

KingD19
Nu-Turtles routinely take on more powerful enemies though and end up going from being unable to even phase them to stomping the shit out of them, especially when they go "White Eyes". I think OP meant up to Season 5, but not the ninja powers because that would just be uber stomp.

Q99
Originally posted by KingD19
Nu-Turtles routinely take on more powerful enemies though and end up going from being unable to even phase them to stomping the shit out of them, especially when they go "White Eyes". I think OP meant up to Season 5, but not the ninja powers because that would just be uber stomp.

I don't know about more powerful enemies, plus sometimes turtles take on more powerful foes solo.

Like, in one of the season finales, the '03 turtles took on Baxter in a ridiculously powerful mecha (one that really blows his '13 mecha away), and then Leo-with-a-fancy-sword took down Shredder.

The '13 turtles take on some powerful stuff, to be sure, but it really requires heavy teamwork, and some like Shredder are still tough for them even as a team.

Kento
1 - '13 because it mixes a bit of everything and just makes me love it a lot more.

2 - Hmm, I kinda really like the fight scenes in '13 more.

3 - Just the turtles.. '03. The '13 turtles are kind of weak compared to their master and Shredder, but if they could rise to the level of Splinter and Shredder I would probably say '13 over '03.

cdtm
Funny thing is, that fancy sword was given to him by Shredder.

For no real reason. If Splinter didn't have that sword, they never would have passed the elemental warriors.

And yes, '03 turtles faced some monsters. Utron Shredder by himself is a monster. He'd walk all over '13... heck, he'd beat every other Shredder combined.

Except maybe IDW. He's pretty overpowered.

AuraAngel
Couldn't the 03 turtles become super dragons or some such nonsense?

Turtles Forever had Utron Shredder being the biggest threat to the multiverse. Not sure if you can top that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.