Hank Pym vs Tony Star

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rao Kal El
Who is the better genius?

I'll say Pym

GO!

Time-Immemorial
Tony

Surtur
I was all ready to say movie AntMan stomps Iron Man something utterly fierce.

Anyways, it is hard to say who is the better genius. Tony has surely invented a lot more items then Pym, but the one thing Pym did create is a lot more powerful then anything Tony put together.

Arachnid1
I have yet to see Ant Man, which I'll fix soon enough.

I hope Pym didn't get downgraded too much though. I know he beats out comic Stark, but MCU Stark has been getting fast tracked everywhere

Henry_Pym
Pym is cooler... I'm totally not biased

relentless1
who's this Tony Star? the gay genius brother of Tony Stark???

Arachnid1
I finally got around to seeing Ant Man. Tony doesn't even begin to approach Pyms genius, just like in the comics. This was good to see.

Inhuman
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I finally got around to seeing Ant Man. Tony doesn't even begin to approach Pyms genius, just like in the comics. This was good to see.

Do you think old Hank Pym would punch Tony square in the jaw when Tony tries to give him lip?

playa1258
Damn was Pym that impressive?

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Inhuman
Do you think old Hank Pym would punch Tony square in the jaw when Tony tries to give him lip? You bet your uneven balls he would! He'd Karate Chop him right in the vagina

Originally posted by playa1258
Damn was Pym that impressive? Yep. He even makes a comment in the movie that what he does isn't near as simple as Starks tech suit, or something to that degree.

His research is rooted directly in the realm of science fiction (so is IM of course, but this is the kind of stuff that comes to mind when you hear the words 'science fiction').

TheVaultDweller
As things stand, Hank has created the more impressive tech IMO. Tony's best feat is probably creating the new particle to help his arc reactors work better, instead of killing him slowly. Pym made tech that allowed you to shrink to a point where you can enter some weird microverse (albeit with a lot of risk).

And after Pym leaves a boardroom at least one guy has a broken nose. laughing

Someone still joked that they would watch a 90 minute montage of MCU Hank Pym just smashing peoples' faces into tables during meetings.

Tattoos N Scars
I haven't seen Ant Man yet. Is Pym better than Reed Richards too?

Placidity
I'd have to give this to Stark, not based on any one invention/discovery, but based on the range of things he has done. Creating Jarvis AI is likely one people don't think of first.

The Pym Particle is the result of Hank's life research. Stark makes up shit on the spot (relatively), albeit most are not as impressive, but imagine if he was focused on something.

If I had to count on one of them to come up with tech to defeat an enemy, it would be Stark.

Inhuman
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
And after Pym leaves a boardroom at least one guy has a broken nose. laughing

Someone still joked that they would watch a 90 minute montage of MCU Hank Pym just smashing peoples' faces into tables during meetings.

Well he has to punch someone as a replacement because his wife is gone(microversed) erm

Arachnid1
Well he has to punch someone as a replacement because his wife is gone(microversed) erm http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/understood_that_reference_avengers.gif

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Placidity
I'd have to give this to Stark, not based on any one invention/discovery, but based on the range of things he has done. Creating Jarvis AI is likely one people don't think of first.

The Pym Particle is the result of Hank's life research. Stark makes up shit on the spot (relatively), albeit most are not as impressive, but imagine if he was focused on something.

If I had to count on one of them to come up with tech to defeat an enemy, it would be Stark.

These are good points. Tony has shown himself to be adept in multiple fields, and able to pick new things up very quickly (as seen in Avengers when he became an "expert" in nuclear astrophysics overnight).

It's really hard to say though, considering we have seen relatively little of Pym and everything he did. Considering everything that is revealed about Pym particles, and the suit, in the film, I still personally feel like it is the most impressive invention seen so far. But we haven't really seen what else Pym has done.

I would put him, Tony Stark and Bruce Banner as the top 3. Tony himself admitted in Age of Ultron that there were areas where Bruce was a lot better than he was, which is why he asked him to help create Vision.

Well he has to punch someone as a replacement because his wife is gone(microversed) erm

I was kind of waiting for someone to go there. Pretty sure that is something they will gloss over for his MCU counerpart.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Placidity
The Pym Particle is the result of Hank's life research. Stark makes up shit on the spot (relatively), albeit most are not as impressive, but imagine if he was focused on something. I don't know if I'd call it life research. He did invent Ant Man and the Wasp in the 80s after all. He was just operating as a super hero since then. He accomplished the biggest inventive feat, alone, in a time where technology was still relatively simple. Thats pretty damn impressive.

I'd even put Howard Stark over Tony. He created a serum that altered human biology at the molecular level which no one since then has been able to replicate since. And wasn't Tony's particle idea from the first movie actually from him? Tony just finished his work. I'd actually say Howard Stark and Hank Pym are the greatest scientific minds in the MCU so far.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.