How powerful will Luke be in the new trilogy?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel95
What do you guys think?

Emperordmb
Hopefully the most powerful character sans the Ones...

I like Luke

playa1258
Most powerful Jedi in history

Rebel95
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Hopefully the most powerful character sans the Ones...

I like Luke
I hope so too. I think it'd be cool to see Anakin's potential fulfilled through Luke.

FreshestSlice
I'd be complete idiocy to make Luke more powerful than the demi-god, tbh. Very powerful to be sure, but not THAT powerful.

DarthAnt66
Inferior to Palpatine and Snoke.

playa1258
With the same potential Anakin had, he should be superior to Palpatine.

DarthAnt66
I doubt he does in canon.

playa1258
We will see

Rebel95
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Inferior to Palpatine and Snoke.
I hope not lol. Do you think Snoke will be > or < Palpatine?

quanchi112
Inferior to Palpatine and Snoke. thumb up

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rebel95
I hope not lol. Do you think Snoke will be > or < Palpatine? Greater. Doesn't make any sense unless Snoke isn't the big bad of the trilogy.

Rebel95
Originally posted by quanchi112
Greater. Doesn't make any sense unless Snoke isn't the big bad of the trilogy.
I could see that. I think it might be that Snoke>Luke>Palp. If Luke is more powerful than snoke it wouldn't really make any sense because then he could just go fight him and it would be over, lol. I'm excited to see how it turns out.

DarthAnt66
I hope not lol. Do you think Snoke will be > or < Palpatine?
Snoke will be inferior to Palpatine, definitely.

Palpatine is the end-all, be-all Sith Lord of Star Wars.

playa1258
The whole "bad guy must be more powerful" trope.

Rebel95
Originally posted by playa1258
The whole "bad guy must be more powerful" trope.
At the beginning, maybe not by the end...

quanchi112
Snoke will be inferior to Palpatine, definitely.

Palpatine is the end-all, be-all Sith Lord of Star Wars. Do not doubt Snoke. You should embrace the idea of someone being greater than Palpatine. He used to be my Star Wars fave but I couldn't stomach his cowardice and jackassery a moment longer.

Trocity
ROTS has been out for a decade lmao. What exactly changed your mind?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Trocity
ROTS has been out for a decade lmao. What exactly changed your mind? Clone wars series and rewatching rots a lot.

Trocity
The clone wars series where he makes your new favorite character beg for his life? stick out tongue

quanchi112
Originally posted by Trocity
The clone wars series where he makes your new favorite character beg for his life? stick out tongue Don't make me Maul you.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by quanchi112
someone being greater than Palpatine..

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/swtor-valkorion1.jpg

quanchi112
http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/swtor-valkorion1.jpg ??

Syndicate
Dooku level.

Rebel95
Originally posted by Syndicate
Dooku level.
Really? Why do you say that? I think he'll at least be at Yoda's level.

Syndicate
Really? Why do you say that? I think he'll at least be at Yoda's level.

They're not going to have Luke be too overpowered and Dooku's feats seem reasonable for what they'll allow a movie Luke to do.

Rebel95
Originally posted by Syndicate
They're not going to have Luke be too overpowered
I can agree with that, I think he'll still be above Dooku's level though.

Trocity
Above Dooku/Vader, below Palpatine/Yoda, imo.

Beniboybling
If they are true to Lucas' intentions he should be above Palpatine. But who knows.

FreshestSlice
Yeah, they really shouldn't make Luke weaker than Vader either.

Beniboybling
Also according to the StarWars Databank Luke is already:

"one of the greatest Jedi the galaxy has ever known"

By ROTJ, so I imagine he's extremely powerful at this stage if he's already up there with Dooku, Anakin, Windu etc.

Darth Thor
He should be greater than Yoda. As in the most powerful Jedi ever.

And Lol at the notion that he can't beat the big villain just because he's the big villain.

Yoda beat Dooku in AOTC and Windu beat Palpatine in ROTS. Doesn't mean the villains won't still get away and rule the Galaxy even.

playa1258
People are not factoring in that Luke has the same potential as his father. He should be way above Yoda.

Darth Thor
People are not factoring in that Luke has the same potential as his father. He should be way above Yoda.

Might not be same potential as Anakin. But certainly more potential than Yoda or Palpatine.

One factor that could hinder him a bit though is that there are no other Jedi around. So he has to take his mastery to the next level on his own.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Darth Thor

And Lol at the notion that he can't beat the big villain just because he's the big villain.

Yoda beat Dooku in AOTC and Windu beat Palpatine in ROTS. Doesn't mean the villains won't still get away and rule the Galaxy even. Honestly the all-powerful Emperor trope is getting old, I'm expecting Snoke to be more reliant on smarts than the Force.

DarthAnt66
Dude you lost to ****ing Zoltan don't post here kek no trash allowed.

Beniboybling
Trying a little too hard now Ant.

quanchi112

Yoda beat Dooku in AOTC and Windu beat Palpatine in ROTS. Doesn't mean the villains won't still get away and rule the Galaxy even. It undermines the villains when Jedi beat them in single, fair combat. Dooku was not the big bad.

Windu beating Palpatine undermined him. If Palpatine was overwhelmed because they had an unfair advantage that's one thing but the most powerful Sith shouldn't be seen begging for his life and at Windu's mercy IMO. You like a sniveling coward as the big bad but I don't tend to like that.

DarthAnt66
quan i responded to our debate btw

quanchi112
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Honestly the all-powerful Emperor trope is getting old, I'm expecting Snoke to be more reliant on smarts than the Force. He was not all powerful Windu straight disarmed him like a boss. Palpatine was more cunning but in fair combat he lost. Plain and simple.

quanchi112
quan i responded to our debate btw I know and I'm going to either respond to it tonight or tomorrow after work.

playa1258
More than powerful enough to beat Khan.

quanchi112
More than powerful enough to beat Khan. You wish.

I'm sure the Khan threads begging for my attention after episode 7 hits will be in full force.

playa1258
You mean your trolling?

quanchi112
You mean your trolling? If by trolling you mean citing evidence to back your claims then your definition is kind of odd.

Darth Thor
More than powerful enough to beat Khan.

With his little finger

quanchi112
With his little finger Ridiculous and fanboyish.

Dark-Kenshin
Abrams has a very different view of OT force wielders than the people on this forum. He views them as unpracticed, clunky and deficient. So I don't expect too much out of Luke, Kylo or ANYBODY. The mere fact that Finn, a non-force wielder, is able to give Kylo Ren a hard time (per the leaked synopsis) in their duel is indicative of nobody being worth much.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
Abrams has a very different view of OT force wielders than the people on this forum. He views this as unpracticed and deficient. So I don't expect too much out of Luke, Kylo or ANYBODY.

Huh? I thought he said almost the opposite. That it's the OT duelists who he thinks were good.

Dark-Kenshin
I was mistaken. He doesn't quite call them unpracticed or deficient.

Still, the words primitive and rough make me wonder. confused

Emperordmb
I think it's more a grittier vs flashier type thing rather than a skill comparison.

Zenwolf
The mere fact that Finn, a non-force wielder, is able to give Kylo Ren a hard time (per the leaked synopsis) in their duel is indicative of nobody being worth much.

Say whaa? He's gonna be a Force User....please...

Dark-Kenshin
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Say whaa? He's gonna be a Force User....please... Well . . . if the leaked synopses is true . . . you're in for a HUGE disappointment.

Zenwolf
Well . . . if the leaked synopses is true . . . you're in for a HUGE disappointment.

:/....It better not be. I really, REALLY hope Star Wars isn't gonna turn lightsabers into a generic blade.

I use the term generic in the sense that, anyone could just pick it up and start fighting with it. NO!

What I liked about the lightsaber, was that it was a Force User only weapon and it was completely different than a regular blade that it needed specific fighting and requirements to fully utilize it's effectiveness.

Otherwise...if they make it just like a regular blade that can cut through stuff...that's really disappointing and cheap.

quanchi112
Abrams has a very different view of OT force wielders than the people on this forum. He views them as unpracticed, clunky and deficient. So I don't expect too much out of Luke, Kylo or ANYBODY. The mere fact that Finn, a non-force wielder, is able to give Kylo Ren a hard time (per the leaked synopsis) in their duel is indicative of nobody being worth much. Do not doubt Abrams.

Darth Thor
I was mistaken. He doesn't quite call them unpracticed or deficient.

Still, the words primitive and rough make me wonder. confused

The word "Powerful" is what caught my eye.

quanchi112
The word "Powerful" is what caught my eye. You think powerful means a lot more than it actually does though.

FreshestSlice
Finn damn well better be Force Sensitive to make a "heartstopping duel."

playa1258
I hope so.

quanchi112
You guys shouldn't worry at all. Abrams will deliver.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.