Will Kylo Ren last longer than Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

atv2
Kylo Ren shows a lot of promise as a new generation sith and has features on him to make him iconic in the for the sequel trilogy. I'm just hoping that he will last longer than one episode and won't mess him over like they did Darth Maul in episode 1. We were given the impression that Maul was dead until the Clone Wars came in. I just hope that Kylo Ren will last for all 3 episodes in the sequel trilogy. What are your thoughts on him in the sequels?

NewLanceWindu
You guys don't give them much trust. They saw how not to make Star Wars movies with the prequels. They aren't idiotic enough to introduce a killer like this, market everything around his image and then kill him off like a b*tch.

queeq
Yup, I think he will come out a killer to be reckoned with. He may even be Rey's big three movie quest.

atv2
I hope he'll last for all three episodes. I saw the image with him, Rey and Finn in the snow forest scene and he appears to be unmasked. They are already deciding to reveal him early(it's only a matter of time when they will show Kylo Ren's face, we just see his hair so far), which is going to open him to some vulnerability after this episode. For those who followed the original trilogy, we only got to the back of Vader's head in Episode 5, but they are going to reveal Ren's face in this episode. I was hoping that he would be revealed in episode 8, it seems when the movie comes out we get to see him unmasked early. If he does continue in the next two episodes I hope that he will keep his crossguard lightsaber because that was original for Ren and this series. To have him go back to a single blade at this point would make him lousy. If it proves that he is apart of the Skywalker line, whether through Leia or Luke, He needs to stay for all 3 episodes in the sequel.

queeq
I hope he does. I wonder if there will be an evolution in his lightsaber... his blade looks a little crummy...

quanchi112
He will definitely survive more than a movie but at least Star Wars brought Maul back. Killing him off prior to the retcon was a huge blunder on Lucas' part.

BruceSkywalker
IMO, Kylo will be around all three films..

in fact IMO Kylo might go good by the end of the film .. but won't know until I see the film

quanchi112
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
IMO, Kylo will be around all three films..

in fact IMO Kylo might go good by the end of the film .. but won't know until I see the film laughing out loud

NewLanceWindu
Originally posted by quanchi112
laughing out loud

You may laugh now, but that's one of the top theories going around. It's plausible, but I'm not sure if it's what will actually happen.

It would be extremely interesting having the first film villain become a force for good for the rest of the trilogy. Lots of stories to be told with that. His new comrades not trusting him, people trying to exact revenge for some of the acts he did. Will he be locked away even after repent? etc. etc.

queeq
Would make sense, bit one movie for him to turn to good would be a bit quick. It could maybe work as a climax in Episode VIII.

quanchi112
Originally posted by NewLanceWindu
You may laugh now, but that's one of the top theories going around. It's plausible, but I'm not sure if it's what will actually happen.

It would be extremely interesting having the first film villain become a force for good for the rest of the trilogy. Lots of stories to be told with that. His new comrades not trusting him, people trying to exact revenge for some of the acts he did. Will he be locked away even after repent? etc. etc. I did not laugh at that I laughed at him saying I won't know until he sees the film like that even needs to be said.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by quanchi112
He will definitely survive more than a movie but at least Star Wars brought Maul back. Killing him off prior to the retcon was a huge blunder on Lucas' part.

No it wasn't. The franchise went fine without him.

quanchi112
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
No it wasn't. The franchise went fine without him. Lucas iirc admitted he erred in that decision. He was brought back and the error was indeed corrected.

queeq
Lucas erred on many counts.

And bring Maul back in TCW was totally stupid. Force back the money maker, please. In true PT style: it's not really motivated other that the scripts tells him to return.

batman
I reckon he will last longer. I also think he's going to have more use than Darth Maul.

queeq
Absolutely, he may even be the one that needs redeeming!

Bashar Teg
i think he's doomed, but we'll feel bad when he's killed.

queeq
Something like that will be just fine with me.

chilled monkey
Don't kid yourselves. He'll most likely be killed off so they can introduce a new villain in the next movie.

A new villain would mean more merchandising deals, the REAL reason this movie's being made.

Bashar Teg
to be clear, i think he'll at least survive the first act.

NewLanceWindu
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Don't kid yourselves. He'll most likely be killed off so they can introduce a new villain in the next movie.

A new villain would mean more merchandising deals, the REAL reason this movie's being made.

Want to put a wager on that? If he dies in this first movie, I'll send $10 to your PayPal.

queeq
I think he will last. Especially considering his origins, he's probably not just an outside villain we know nothing about. There seems to be a backstory to this guy more than 'At least we'll have our revenge..."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.