The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
It's been confirmed, people. March 4, 2016.

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/fans-are-giving-nintendo-a-run-for-their-money-with-this-incredible-zelda-t

It's a good time to be a gamer, indeed.

Dare I say that this game is even better than Ocarina of Time?

ares834
sick

Impediment
Originally posted by ares834
sick

What does that mean?

ares834
It means Twilight Princess is nowhere near as good a game as OoT and any suggestion that it is makes me want to puke. Hence the emoji.

Impediment
It means Twilight Princess is nowhere near as good a game as OoT and any suggestion that it is makes me want to puke. Hence the emoji.

Ah.

Nemesis X
Why isn't Majora's Mask in the poll?

BloodRawEngine

TP did everything OOT did to a higher degree on a technical standpoint. Far as I care, that's enough to do it better.

MM on the oter hand is the one that can rot afaic

Jmanghan
Originally posted by BloodRawEngine
TP did everything OOT did to a higher degree on a technical standpoint. Far as I care, that's enough to do it better.

MM on the oter hand is the one that can rot afaic Hipster.

Impediment
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Why isn't Majora's Mask in the poll?

It's just between the two games about which is superior, not the entire franchise.

Adam Grimes
It means Twilight Princess is nowhere near as good a game as OoT and any suggestion that it is makes me want to puke. Hence the emoji. thumb up

Ushgarak
I really liked Twlight Princess- more so than Skyward Sword. I really liked the sombre mood, art style and freaky music. However, it was played out by the end and I remember thinking that they can't just do 'OoT but updated' any more after that (SS was not what I wanted, but new Zelda looks like a proper re-think).

But I honestly can't see what this remake gives. New Wind Waker looked a neat upgrade but I saw the trailer for this and looks very flat.

EDIT: Oh, wait, this is some unofficial thing? Sorry, I thought it was referring to the Nintendo remake. Ok, it seems the fan re-make is making more effort but generally I don't trust fan stuff.

AuraAngel
No Nintendo is also remaking Twilight Princess. Or they're endorsing something of the sort going by their last Direct.

As for which is better between TP and OoT that largely depends on what one means by better game. OoT is certainly the most influential.

NotAllThatEvil
Twilight princess hd? More like twilight princess looks exaxtly the same. Maybe i just watched a bad trailer, but i honestly couldn't tell the difference.

Ushgarak
That was pretty much my reaction. Unlike Wind Waker, where there as a clear difference with the upgraded version.

Smasandian
Just because it's a labour of love doesn't mean they did a good job. That trailer is horrible. I thought I was looking at the GameCube verison.

Anywhoo, I enjoyed Twilight Princess immensely. If I had a Wii U, I would probably think about getting it if the remaster/remake is done well. If this is it, might as well buy the old Wii version.

As for Skyward Sword, that game was a piece of shit. The first two hours if mind numbing and I hate the controls for it. And to make it worst, the game holds your hand so much it's suffocating.

"Link, you need to collect 4 more items so you can open this door"
"Link, just to let you know, if you hit the B button, you can see how many items you have left and if you need to know where to find them, press A for point you to where it is"

That game was shit.

BloodRawEngine
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Hipster.

Nah, that's the MM fanboys.

cdtm
Gamecube TP is going for 75 dollars at Game Xchange. Thought that was outrageous, and then checked online...

Collector's pretty much drive these HD remakes, don't they.

I miss Funcoland and the 50 cent retro library. sad

Ridley_Prime
Man, Funcoland and places like that were the shit before Gamestop became mainstream.

From the look of the trailer, HD = hardly different, in TP's case...

Impediment
I'm still waiting for more vids and screen shots, but I'm still very excited.

Impediment
http://www.idigitaltimes.com/legend-zelda-twilight-princess-hd-rumor-tears-light-quests-streamlined-504366

ares834
Hmm.

It's been awhile since I've played the game but I don't remember those sequences being particularly tedious.

In Skyward Sword on the other hand...

Impediment
2 hours in and I just finished collecting the first set of the tears of light for the Forest Temple.

This game is gorgeous and plays even better then I remember. I'm also very glad that this is the left handed GameCube version and not the mirrored right hand Wii version.

Impediment
Wow. I thought that there would be more love for this game.

ares834
No one has a Wii U. sad

Nemesis X
Saving money for maybe Tokyo Mirage Sessions (Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem) atm.

Impediment
I'm about to descend into the Lakebed Temple.

I hate this place. All water temples suck ass.

Bentley
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Saving money for maybe Tokyo Mirage Sessions (Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem) atm.

Is there any particular element of that game that is appealing for you? Most opinions I've heard are already set against it.

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Impediment
Wow. I thought that there would be more love for this game.

Pretty much no change from my earlier position- I liked TP a lot but this version seems a waste of money.

Impediment
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Pretty much no change from my earlier position- I liked TP a lot but this version seems a waste of money.

Totally understandable.

However, I have to admit that the game looks absolutely gorgeous on my 4K UHD screen. Last year (I believe) I hooked up my Wii to my screen to play the GC version of TP and it looked horrendous to me. I played for, maybe, an hour before my eyes begged me to stop playing.

Surtur
I love Ocarina of Time. I hate Majora's Mask, I do not know why, I just hate the whole timed system thing.

For me Ocarina of Time is the best Zelda game. I used to have "saria's song" as a ring tone.

eJWupfLLP1Q

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.