How the hell...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
http://i.stack.imgur.com/Idzyo.png

How the literal hell did Revan or Exar Kun's Sith Empire not find Vitiate's Empire?

Korriban is literally only two ****ing systems away from the capital Dromund Kaas.

And I'm going to assume other worlds under Vitiate's Empire is nearby as well.

Then we got ****ing Malachor, which is in the same sector as Nathema.

Seems like terrible writing on BioWare's past to put Vitiate's Empire literally within Revan's.

Sinious
I guess space discovery is harder than we think?

Selenial
What do you mean harder than we think? It's depicted as ****ing impossible in the Star Wars lore as it is, and no one wants to explore those regions for a reason.

DarthAnt66
Doesn't change the fact Vitiate's Empire was literally inside Revan's.

Like shit, how small was that empire back then? TOR:R acted like it was massive.

FreshestSlice
How the **** did the Jedi lose Tython right in the middle of the Core Regions? Maybe because space is large and without safe hyperlanes and time to explore you'll likely become space debris.

ares834
Shitty writing in SWTOR? Say it ain't so!

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
How the **** did the Jedi lose Tython right in the middle of the Core Regions? Maybe because space is large and without safe hyperlanes and time to explore you'll likely become space debris.
Still would have been better if Kaas was placed in the Unknown Regions instead.

ares834

Tython is in the deep core and apparently the sheer volume of of stars make it near impossible to explore.

Fated Xtasy
Honestly, it's Bioware, the bad part. What do you expect?

Q99

The core regions are portrayed as having shifting hyperlanes, and new routes must be charted fairly regularly.

Out there, in Sith Space...? The only explanation is those routes were never charted or there was something done to block them.

Still, yea, not good planning on their part.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Q99
The core regions are portrayed as having shifting hyperlanes, and new routes must be charted fairly regularly.

Is..isn't that an actual quote from one of the Kotor games? like from the loading screens? lol

FreshestSlice
@ares and Q99: Yeah, sure. That really only stresses the point instead of debunking it. It may be more dangerous in the core, but the same general rules apply. Don't go where you don't know. Even more so, the Jedi themselves LOST Tython and then meditated to find it. It's not exactly impossible to explore if you know what to look for.
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Still would have been better if Kaas was placed in the Unknown Regions instead.
Sith space is in the Unknown Regions. The fact that Revan struck roots there doesn't change that it's largely unexplored.

Sinious
Originally posted by Selenial
What do you mean harder than we think? It's depicted as ****ing impossible in the Star Wars lore as it is, and no one wants to explore those regions for a reason. I was being sarcastic. erm

DarthAnt66
Sith space is in the Unknown Regions. The fact that Revan struck roots there doesn't change that it's largely unexplored.
No, it's in the Outer Rim Territories, which is literally on the opposite side of the galaxy than the Unknown Regions. erm

Q99
Really, it should be out further on the Outer Rim, maybe one of the satellite galaxies- like the one the Rebels were at at the end of ESB.

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Is..isn't that an actual quote from one of the Kotor games? like from the loading screens? lol

I wouldn't know, I never played KotoR.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Q99
I wouldn't know, I never played KotoR.

Blasphemy! The only reason I'm not leading a mob is cuz i like you and your logic!

Emperordmb
ROT and DOE talk about it iirc

Q99
Blasphemy! The only reason I'm not leading a mob is cuz i like you and your logic!

I did read both the comics and plot summaries of the games, though smile

I'm just not much into RPGs nowadays (devoured 'em when I was younger, but guess I got full at some point).

FreshestSlice
No, it's in the Outer Rim Territories, which is literally on the opposite side of the galaxy than the Unknown Regions. erm
Except Revan and Malak are confirmed to have returned from the Unknown Regions, so...I mean you do know the Unknown Regions includes parts of the Outer Rim? Just like Wild Space?

ares834
So another fail by Bioware.

Edit: Or I guess in this case it might be the atlas.

Tzeentch
Why do sci-fi/fantasy authors still draw 2d maps for space when space is 3-dimensional?

In space, you can easily have neighboring systems that are "right next to each other" on the x-axis, which are still millions of light-years away on the Y.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by ares834
So another fail by Bioware.

Edit: Or I guess in this case it might be the atlas.

It's basically like that in game too, however there are obviously much more statr systems in between shown.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Why do sci-fi/fantasy authors still draw 2d maps for space when space is 3-dimensional?

In space, you can easily have neighboring systems that are "right next to each other" on the x-axis, which are still millions of light-years away on the Y.
To be honest, I never understood this either.

thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up

Q99
Except Revan and Malak are confirmed to have returned from the Unknown Regions, so...I mean you do know the Unknown Regions includes parts of the Outer Rim? Just like Wild Space?

What regions are unknown *do* change after all.

Originally posted by Tzeentch

Drawing 3-d is hard smile

DarthAnt66
Except Revan and Malak are confirmed to have returned from the Unknown Regions
Uh, that's because after going to Kaas they went to Rakata Prime which is indeed in the Unknown Regions.

With the Star Forge as their starting ground they returned from the Unknown Regions, correct. thumb up

FreshestSlice
Except the Republic doesn't know about the Star Forge and the loading screen appears before they know about it as well. The Unknown Regions are any and all space not charted by the Republic, or the Empire in the time of TOR. It's not exactly a specific place on the map.
Originally posted by Q99
What regions are unknown *do* change after all.

Indeed.

DarthAnt66
Except the Republic doesn't know about the Star Forge and the loading screen appears before they know about it as well. The Unknown Regions are any and all space not charted by the Republic, or the Empire in the time of TOR. It's not exactly a specific place on the map..
I'm not really seeing your point at all in relevance to the thread's topic.

Korriban and other Sith worlds are charted by the Republic.

That's how Droma Jr. and his waifu did the Great Hunt.

FreshestSlice
Because knowing a few star systems doesn't mean you have the entire region charted? Ilum is also charted. Must not be in the Unknown Regions then.

DarthAnt66
Fair enough.

You're completely and utterly missing the point of the thread though.

Vitiate's Empire was clearly expanding, conquering other worlds, etc. etc.

The writing that his Empire never crossed with any planets of Revan's Empire is terrible.

Especially considering planets like Malachor should be known to Vitiate as well.

And, like I already said, the fact that Vitiate's empire is literally contained within Revan's is stupid.

FreshestSlice
How is it bad writing? Point is, the Unknown Regions are uncharted and dangerous. These Empires are constantly at war with the Republic. One of them is indirectly being influenced by Vitiate. Why would he let them find his Empire? Why would he try to expand into Revan's Empire? Similarly, why would the Sith expand very far outside of these regions early on when there is the Stygian Caldera to deal with, which is made pretty clear on the atlas? It may seem kind of nonsensical to have it there, but it'd be a lot more nonsensical to have it anywhere else.

DarthAnt66
I'm in shock that you are trying to justify this, LMFAO.

Beniboybling
Fair enough.

You're completely and utterly missing the point of the thread though.

Vitiate's Empire was clearly expanding, conquering other worlds, etc. etc.

The writing that his Empire never crossed with any planets of Revan's Empire is terrible.

Especially considering planets like Malachor should be known to Vitiate as well.

And, like I already said, the fact that Vitiate's empire is literally contained within Revan's is stupid. Pretty sure that 1. they deliberately avoided confrontations with the wider galaxy, which they were well aware of 2. most of their Empire was situated in the Unknown Regions, not Sith Space.

That said? You seem to be completely ignoring the fact that Revan found Vitiate's Sith Empire after the Mandalorian Wars and was well aware of its existence when constructing his own...

Selenial
The entire point was that Vitiate was hiding from the Republic. Why invade worlds like Korriban and Malachor that are known to the Republic, and that are most likely under sureveilance to quell any possible Dark Side revolutions?

DarthAnt66
This thread went downhill with stupidity depressing quickly.

RIP.

Beniboybling
Ant be mad that most people disagree with him. erm

DarthAnt66
By the looks of the thread some people also agree.

And this was a thread more for the laughs than some deep discussion.

Nevertheless, I always think you have peaked off in your retardation and you never fail to prove me wrong by falling further into the abyss.

Beniboybling
I won't lie, it has been pretty funny. thumb up

Syndicate
I laughed. I cried. I cried some more.

10/10 - IGN

SunRazer
To be fair, I thought the novel said something about nobody knowing the routes to Dromund Kaas. As for Malachor and Nathema, I find it interesting that two devastated worlds are so close to each other.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.