Luffy vs 3rd Raikage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

psycho gundam
http://i.imgur.com/725m3aP.jpg

vs

https://media1.giphy.com/media/12PyoTG79bZLEI/200_s.gif

wakkawakkawakka
Pretty sure Luffy's is faster thanks to Gear 4 and has an air advantage with it. Also Not sure how the hellfinger tech would do against Haki.

For now I think Luffy would win this one.

KingD19
Gear 4th level Jet Gatling.

SSJGGogeta
Based on what I know about both of them so far, Raikage should take this fairly easily.

I'm not really a fan of One Piece though, so I don't know enough to make an unbiased estimate.

AuraAngel
Luffy is simply too fast and too strong. He can also punch the Raikage pretty easily cause lightning doesn't hurt him. Raikage has one good attack going for him but Luffy's precog covers that. He'll last longer than Hody but he's going down.

Q99
Originally posted by AuraAngel
Luffy is simply too fast and too strong. He can also punch the Raikage pretty easily cause lightning doesn't hurt him. Raikage has one good attack going for him but Luffy's precog covers that. He'll last longer than Hody but he's going down.

Punching raikage isn't the problem, hurting him is. Most attacks did nothing, even ones that had an edge against the lightning armor.

Well, punching Raikage *is* a problem- even Naruto with precog had some issue hitting him, so it won't be too easy, a lot of attempts will miss.

Speedwise, in terms of reflexes I don't think the two sides have much difference, but in terms of distance traveled, there's definitely a distance, stuff like the time took running around in town shows that ninja can cover long distances much faster. I mean, it'll be, obviously, a melee battle here, 3rd Raikage's black lightning won't be effective since it lacks the piercing power, so it should stay fairly close, so long speed distance doesn't matter overly much, but it's a tool. It means he can close faster and escape faster.

psycho gundam
http://i63.tinypic.com/35avxap.jpg
http://i66.tinypic.com/2uen29k.jpg

AuraAngel
Originally posted by Q99
Punching raikage isn't the problem, hurting him is. Most attacks did nothing, even ones that had an edge against the lightning armor.

Well, punching Raikage *is* a problem- even Naruto with precog had some issue hitting him, so it won't be too easy, a lot of attempts will miss.

Speedwise, in terms of reflexes I don't think the two sides have much difference, but in terms of distance traveled, there's definitely a distance, stuff like the time took running around in town shows that ninja can cover long distances much faster. I mean, it'll be, obviously, a melee battle here, 3rd Raikage's black lightning won't be effective since it lacks the piercing power, so it should stay fairly close, so long speed distance doesn't matter overly much, but it's a tool. It means he can close faster and escape faster.

Sure he shrugged off the Rasenshuriken. Luffy isn't one-shotting him or anything like that. But he's got the strength to wear him down pretty extensively.

Actually that isn't entirely true. While Naruto's evil sensing precog wasn't that great his Sage Mode pre-cog netted him the victory. Luffy's Haki is closer to the latter rather than the former.

While speed and reflexes might be relatively even, Luffy's Haki is something the Raikage has no real counter against. His weird body movement can also function similarly to Naruto's chakra claws, which gave the Raikage some trouble. Luffy's Haki also grants him the ability to take slashes from Doffy's strings and those effortlessly cut through anything that is not seastone(or a katana).

Q99
Originally posted by AuraAngel

While speed and reflexes might be relatively even, Luffy's Haki is something the Raikage has no real counter against. His weird body movement can also function similarly to Naruto's chakra claws, which gave the Raikage some trouble.

Note that Luffy can't adjust his limbs direction's like Naruto's, he can only stretch- expand, contract, etc..

Naruto used his claw to turn an attack 180, Luffy's stretching can't do that. And Raikage was able to avoid even Naruto's extreme speed without tricks like that.

Or a katana is something of a major note there ^^ Strong materials clearler work.

Raikage's hellstab pierced everything it was confronted with, including his own body, which stood up even to his battle with 8-tails, and was strong enough to shrug rasenshuriken and Temari's forest slicing attack.

Plus, if Luffy overuses Haki, he gets exhausted and vulnerable. Granted, mostly just a problem if he uses Gear 4, but still.

Bentley
Royal Haki ohkos.

Terrible thread PG.

BeyonderGod
3rd Raikage has to much for Luffy he isnt Enel like but sure hell is above in stats.

NewGuy01
Raikage can tank a Rasenshuriken *despite* being specifically vulnerable to Wind nature. That's pretty damn impressive as far as defense goes, and this guy was single-handedly fighting Biju as well.

AuraAngel
Originally posted by Q99
Note that Luffy can't adjust his limbs direction's like Naruto's, he can only stretch- expand, contract, etc..

Naruto used his claw to turn an attack 180, Luffy's stretching can't do that. And Raikage was able to avoid even Naruto's extreme speed without tricks like that.

Or a katana is something of a major note there ^^ Strong materials clearler work.

Raikage's hellstab pierced everything it was confronted with, including his own body, which stood up even to his battle with 8-tails, and was strong enough to shrug rasenshuriken and Temari's forest slicing attack.

Plus, if Luffy overuses Haki, he gets exhausted and vulnerable. Granted, mostly just a problem if he uses Gear 4, but still.

Luffy is really stretchy when he needs to be.

Sure Raikage could deal with it for a bit but Naruto remained solidly faster. Sage Mode, which is definitely slower than Luffy, was enough for him to react to the Raikage.

Well the katana were from Wano samurai and besides that appeared to be coated in Haki(they were all black).

Comparing the stab to the many feats Haki has over the course of the series is a hard sell. Sufficient Haki allowed for Sabo to just blow a whole through the stadium floor by pushing down really hard.

While it is true that Luffy can get worn out by overusing Haki he also has monster stamina reserves. He's also not unintelligent, being able to recognize the most dangerous aspects of his opponents(Aarlong's teeth) and he is not above using them to his own advantage.

Originally posted by BeyonderGod
3rd Raikage has to much for Luffy he isnt Enel like but sure hell is above in stats.

Are you saying the Raikage is above Luffy or above Enel? He solidly loses to both in terms of raw DC.

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Raikage can tank a Rasenshuriken *despite* being specifically vulnerable to Wind nature. That's pretty damn impressive as far as defense goes, and this guy was single-handedly fighting Biju as well.

Sure it is impressive but the thing with Luffy is that almost all his punches and kicks are gonna be as strong as the Rasenshuriken.

Luffy while underwater and bleeding to death could destroy an island busting ship with his punches.

KingD19
Is Raikage vulnerable to fire? A Gear 4th, Haki imbued Red Hawk just seems scary to think of.

NewGuy01
He's not vulnerable to fire, though.

KingD19
Didn't he have to chop his arm off to stop Ametarasu from burning his whole body? Luffy's flame may not be that level, but he was still at the bottom of the ocean and used Red Hawk to amazing effect. And at Gear 4th level it'd be several times more powerful than what he used against Hody.

NewGuy01
1.) Different Character, you're thinking of the 4th Raikage.

2.) Amaterasu isn't exactly the same thing as fire, really.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.