Doomsday vs. Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
*Note not a strict fight.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_large/11122/111223379/4937745-screen+shot+2015-12-03+at+2.41.33+pm.png

But a question to those that saw the new trailer, do you think any of the MCU Avengers could survive that blast? If so would they be capable of fighting Doomsday after taking initial blast, or who do you think would be the most likely to tank it?

Bonus
--
What unamped/uncharged/ MCU feats compare in your opinion?

relentless1
Cap could survive if he got fully behind the shield id imagine, Thor and Hulk for sure via durability. The rest are ****ed.

Time-Immemorial
What show was doomsday in?

Placidity
Smallville and JLU from the top of my head.

Time-Immemorial
That pic above does not look like the doomsday from smallville. Its recent.

Placidity
That is from the latest Batman v Superman trailer. Check it out.

Time-Immemorial
Damn!

Time-Immemorial
HOLY SHIT!

DD Stomps

ShadowFyre
Based off what? All he has done is jump out of a building, and fire heatvision at wonder womans shield which basically turned it into a giant light show. Im not downing DoomsDay but as of right now Darcy stomps him out. Featless. But yeah, he should be pretty powerful.

As for the question, kind of hard to tell exactly whats going on beside hv being reflected by shield.

Thor obviously bsurvives and continues fighting. Hulk should as well.

Iron Man survives. Unable to fight. Everybody else is atomized.

TH3_V01D
Doomsday looks more powerful and dangerous than the entire shitty MCU villain gallery combined.

We have a godlike alien and a proper god (not those fake gods aka assgardians) fighting a legit city buster, MCU Avengers never faced an enemy like this.

Like I said in another thread, DCU villains really make MCU bad guys look like weaks little turds...... two DCU movies and they have better villains already.

Doomsday wins.

playa1258
There will be some good feats in this film. The usual Marvel fanboys will of course rush to downplay.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by TH3_V01D
Doomsday looks more powerful and dangerous than the entire shitty MCU villain gallery combined.

We have a godlike alien and a proper god (not those fake gods aka assgardians) fighting a legit city buster, MCU Avengers never faced an enemy like this.

Like I said in another thread, DCU villains really make MCU bad guys look like weaks little turds...... two DCU movies and they have better villains already.

Doomsday wins. Ignoring the rabid fanboy here...

Back on point. Who can survive it?

1) Cap if he gets behind his shield fully.
2) Thor easily and Hulk as well.
3) Iron Man probably survives, though his suits are way too all over the place in terms of durability.

4) Vision Survives for sure. That's probably it.

Adam Grimes
How much dick were you promised with, Void?

Cap, Thor, Tony and Hulk survive.

ares834
It's a trailer which are known for deceptive cuts.

But if DD's vision caused an explosion to level the town like that I doubt anyone is going to survive that aside from Cap with his shield.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by ares834

But if DD's vision caused an explosion to level the town like that I doubt anyone is going to survive that aside from Cap with his shield. Um, what? Thor has survived worse. When He destroyed that entire Meteor the entire city exploded and he survived easily (he also fell thousands of feet into the ocean after that. Normally that's like hitting concrete for a normal person...)

Hulk is incredibly durable as well, and Vision is comprised of Vibranium....so yah. Thor, Cap, Hulk and Vision all survive.

TH3_V01D
It doesnt matter though, because Doomsday would rip them apart limb from limb anyway, he alredy showed to be faster than Hulk or Thor

Doomsday is pretty much a roided up ZOD, and Supes vs Zod fight pretty much dwarfed anything on MCU

CPT Space Bomb
It doesnt matter though, because Doomsday would rip them apart limb from limb anyway. Please keep your fanboyism in check. This is not a battle (which we can discuss in an actual vs thread). This is a "Who could survive the blast" thread....

ares834
Can't recall much from the end of AoU so I can't comment on that. But he has been hurt by less such as Hulk's punch. Hulk, meanwhile, was KO'ed by the fall from the helicarrier whereupon he reverted back to Banner.

Vision will likely survive I guess. I didn't consider him.

TH3_V01D
Thor is afraid of being trapped on a falling cage.

TH3_V01D
http://i.imgur.com/tLjWmWP.gif

http://i.imgur.com/4tZOtRL.gif

This monster of villain not only looks more poweful than Hulk or Thor, he also looks bigger compared to his comicbook version.

Adam Grimes
You like it bigger, I get it man.

Silent Master

But if DD's vision caused an explosion to level the town like that I doubt anyone is going to survive that aside from Cap with his shield.

Plus Thor, Hulk and Iron-man

CPT Space Bomb
Can't recall much from the end of AoU so I can't comment on that. But he has been hurt by less such as Hulk's punch. Hulk, meanwhile, was KO'ed by the fall from the helicarrier whereupon he reverted back to Banner.

Vision will likely survive I guess. I didn't consider him.
Being Hurt by Hulk's punch =/= not being able to withstand DD's eye beams...

I'm sure Superman is going to get "hurt" by Doomsday's punches.

TH3_V01D
Originally posted by Silent Master
Plus Thor, Hulk and Iron-man
The same Iron man trashed by two guys on some juice in Civil War?

CPT Space Bomb
The same Iron man trashed by two guys on some juice in Civil War? We don't know what's going on in that shot in the Civil War trailer. My guess is that they used some tech to depower Tony's armor. BUT, Tony is the most up in the air if he could survive the DD attack seeing as his armors have displayed an incredibly inconsistent level of durability. But Thor, Hulk and Vision survive the blast easily.

Silent Master
The same Iron man trashed by two guys on some juice in Civil War?

Are you still mad that Marvel is winning the movie war?

TH3_V01D
Based On?

We never saw tanking this kind of attack before, it took a shield made by ACTUAL GODS to block DD laser attack.

Heck Doomsday attack already make Vision and his gem look puny by comparasion

CPT Space Bomb
Based On?

We never saw tanking this kind of attack before, it took a shield made by ACTUAL GODS to block DD laser attack.

Heck Doomsday attack already make Vision and his gem look puny by comparasion actual gods that have no feats in the DC Movie Universe. Thor destroyed an entire city with lightning and it didn't just hurt the ground and mess up buildings....it obliterated the entire place. Thor and Iron Man made it out of that incident unscathed.

playa1258
I look forward to the debate

jinXed by JaNx
Anything that can drop, Superman, can knockout, anyone of the avengers with ease. So , there's that.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Silent Master
Are you still mad that Marvel is winning the movie war?

He's extremely butthurt. He keeps trashing the MCU films and characters, yet he cares enough that he keeps posting about it over and over. As Rob mentioned in a different thread, he comes across as the "I hate Marvel" version of Quan.

ShadowFyre
No offense to the OP because I actually read it, but this thread is retarded because of these conclusions what is jumping to there's not one thing in that entire trailer that shows us how strong dd is, or how powerful those heat beams are. All we know is that he is heavy, and durable enough to fall a few hundred feet and bust some concrete. Holy shit.

Then shows him unleashing eye and mouth beams. Then cuts to what Im assuming is face beams hitting ww shield and it REFLECTS AND SPLATTERS it into an AOE like attack. A few blocks are partially destroyed as in the next shot you see the three standing in some rubble and just a few hundred feet behind them is buildings completely unscathed and the damn electricity still on people. Actually watch the ****ing trailer or shut up.

As of right now, Thor can take that if Mjolnir doesent simpy stop it in its tracks.

I actually think DD is gonna be badass. Hes gonna be like the Marvels relentless Hulk hopefully, just straight raging and he will have good feats but lets actually be honest with ourselves instead of making up city busting feats that didnt happen.

Time-Immemorial
The troll winslaughing out loud

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
The troll winslaughing out loud Who, Void? Nah, he lost. He's just a rabid fanboy.

As far as this thread, again. Thor, Hulk, Vision, Iron Man and Cap should all be fine. The rest though?

Black Widow = Dead
Hawkeye = Dead
Scarlet Witch = Probably dead (unless her shields are stronger now)
War Machine = Probably fine.
Ant Man = Dead

Time-Immemorial
Doomsday..he looks like troll.

How is Cap and Ironman surviving?

Just front the trailer he's roflstomping around

CPT Space Bomb
Doomsday..he looks like troll.I know, I was being funny...
This thread isn't about who could survive a fight. It's who could survive the eye/mouth beam attack. Cap has his shield and (as I already described) Tony has lived through more powerful attacks already in film.

Time-Immemorial
Ah I see.

Surtur
I thought this was Smallville Doomsday so I was all ready to come and ask you why you hated the Avengers...but alas I was wrong.

Doomsday looks like a beast. Would Cap's shield protect him though? If it was a normal projectile maybe, or just a shockwave from a single hit. But the explosion would encompass his entire body would it not? Does his shield project some kind of forcefield around his entire body?

Estacado
Hulk got his ass kicked by Ironman.

Doomsdays murders him and the rest.

biscuits

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Estacado
Hulk got his ass kicked by Ironman.

Doomsdays murders him and the rest.

biscuits A) This isn't a fight, read the OP.
B) Hulk jobbed to Veronica armor that he helped stark design. It was his poorest showing for sure. And even if this was a fight you're wrong. Originally posted by Surtur
I thought this was Smallville Doomsday so I was all ready to come and ask you why you hated the Avengers...but alas I was wrong.

Doomsday looks like a beast. Would Cap's shield protect him though? If it was a normal projectile maybe, or just a shockwave from a single hit. But the explosion would encompass his entire body would it not? Does his shield project some kind of forcefield around his entire body? The shield would presumably act like WW's (Batman was protected by it as well). So, until we get more info on WW's Shield, we assume that it'll act the same. Also, Cap has jumped off 20 floors and crashed into concrete and not really been phased. He's got insane durability and is stronger and more durable than most of his comic counter parts.

Tattoos N Scars
The Doomsday from the cartoon movie, Superman vs Doomsday, could the Avengers take him down? That's about the best representation until Dawn of Justice comes out.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
The Doomsday from the cartoon movie, Superman vs Doomsday, could the Avengers take him down? That's about the best representation until Dawn of Justice comes out. Again, this is NOT a vs thread....this is a durability thread for the Avengers. Did any of you read the op?

Tattoos N Scars
Sorry, I read it, but forgot about it after reading last 2 pages.

playa1258
Doomsday already looks like a serious contender.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Sorry, I read it, but forgot about it after reading last 2 pages. I'd post an actual fight between them thread, but we haven't seen any feats for DD yet really. All we know so far is that:

1) He can survive a jump/fall from a skyscraper
2) He's pretty damn heavy to cause the impact damage that he did
3) He has eye/mouth beams that are capable of destroying buildings

and that's about it.

playa1258
DOJ will have some good feats.

Tattoos N Scars
I'm hoping Doomsday will be a real badass. I'm assuming so since it looks like it will take Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman working together to defeat him. I wish he looked more like he does in the comics, however.

playa1258
He might evolve during the battle and I'm predicting that only Superman can truly defeat him.

BruceSkywalker
I'm just hoping Doomsday isn't a throwaway villain...

Tattoos N Scars
I hope he's badass enough. I'm sure Darkseid will be the ultimate threat eventually, but it would be nice to see Doomsday foreshadow how powerful 'Seid will be.

playa1258
DD can take most of the MCU.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by playa1258
DD can take most of the MCU. He doesn't have the feats to even begin to claim that yet. Hell, Thor going off of just Thor 1 could beat DD. Oh wait, no, cause Thor has feats and DD has 0. I'll agree with you that I think Doomsday is going to have some amazing feats by the end of BvS, but for now it's too soon to say.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
If he's anything like the comics he could make multiple comebacks?

TH3_V01D
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

Well, in 5 seconds of timescreen he already look more menacing, powerful and dangerous than 98% of comicbook movie villians.

And going by MOS fights, I fully expect this guy to be the most powerful and impressive supervillian on screen until Darkseid.

Marvel is great with street level battles (see Winter Soldier), but lets be real here, they have a really bad trackrecord with end boss fights and high caliber superpowered encounters.

Inhuman
Well, in 5 seconds of timescreen he already look more menacing than 98% of comicbook movie villians.

http://static6.techinsider.io/image/565ffbec84307663008b7003/fans-think-the-new-batman-v-superman-villain-looks-like-a-ninja-turtle.jpg

TH3_V01D
Originally posted by Inhuman
http://static6.techinsider.io/image/565ffbec84307663008b7003/fans-think-the-new-batman-v-superman-villain-looks-like-a-ninja-turtle.jpg

Still better than most MCU villains.

You can fight the good fight pal, but everyone knows (yes, even MCU fanboys) how much Marvel Studios sucks at making imposing supervillians on screen, the only decent one is Winter Soldier, a lowly roided up soldier, not counting Loki, the biggest buttmonkey ever.

Inhuman
Still better than most MCU villains.

You can fight the good fight pal, but everyone knows (yes, even MCU fanboys) how much Marvel Studios sucks at making imposing supervillians on screen, the only decent one is Winter Soldier, a lowly roided up soldier, not counting Loki, the biggest buttmonkey ever.

Name good DC movieverse villains that have been great not named the Joker?

Zod was meh. Same type of villain as Ronan and Malekith just with more screen time. Top ranking military minded all business types that wanted to get some type of revenge for their people.
Bane - tolerable but not great.
Ras a ghul - ok
scarecrow - meh

but im trying to convince someone that thinks a good movie villain = a big strong brute that benchpresses buildings and has an ugly monster face to look menacing.

TH3_V01D
At least Zod had good action scenes in the best superpowered fight on screen, better than most MCU crap villains, so there is that, he is not Joket level but is far from being a shitty one like Malekith or Ronan.

Heck, some people even sided with him.

CPT Space Bomb
Well, in 5 seconds of timescreen he already look more menacing, powerful and dangerous than 98% of comicbook movie villians.Not really. I didn't like his portrayal, but Malekith from Thor: Dark World nearly destroyed the entire galaxy with the Aether.....The Entire galaxy. Obviously Thor stopped him, but that's a pretty hard thing to match. Also, Loki probably would have taken over America, and then the earth, had it not been for the Avengers. Ultron nearly destroyed the entire planet in AoU. Ronan almost destroyed a planet as well, and would have surely been able to had it not been for Burt Macklin wink.....

Anyway, my point is, just because you don't like them, doesn't mean they weren't dangerous. Now, Zod from MoS almost destroyed the planet, so that's a good feat. Not a great villain portrayal though. Hell, he lost to a farmer and a scientist...and he was made to be a Military Badass.....
It's true, their villains have done some impressive things but their PORTRAYALS haven't been the best. Still, Marvel's stories have been great and fun. Their villains are often the driving force behind a vehicle for their heroes to shine. If DC can make DD work, I'll be impressed.

BruceSkywalker
If he's anything like the comics he could make multiple comebacks?

doubtful, but TIME will tell lol

Originally posted by Inhuman

this is what happened to the fifth ninja turtle.. big grin

Surtur
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
A) This isn't a fight, read the OP.
B) Hulk jobbed to Veronica armor that he helped stark design. It was his poorest showing for sure. And even if this was a fight you're wrong. The shield would presumably act like WW's (Batman was protected by it as well). So, until we get more info on WW's Shield, we assume that it'll act the same. Also, Cap has jumped off 20 floors and crashed into concrete and not really been phased. He's got insane durability and is stronger and more durable than most of his comic counter parts.

For all we know WW is quite durable as well. You still haven't explained how no part of the explosion will touch cap. Saying WW survived it doesn't mean anything for Cap. He's durable, but he is not "survive direct explosion" durable.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Surtur
For all we know WW is quite durable as well. You still haven't explained how no part of the explosion will touch cap. Saying WW survived it doesn't mean anything for Cap. He's durable, but he is not "survive direct explosion" durable. We don't know anything about WW going off that trailer. Literally nothing. And Cap's shield absorbs energy attacks. For all we know Cap is more durable than WW (not likely). Just saying, impossible to judge until we get feats.

TheHulk
Bump since BvS came out

quanchi112
Avengers stomp.

carthage
Doomsday takes out the trash

quanchi112
Originally posted by carthage
Doomsday takes out the trash Doomsday gets wrecked. He was weak. He dies.

TethAdamTheRock
Probably Doomsday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.