Iron Man, Vision and Thor vs. Cap's shield

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
Can the trio destroy or at least significantly damage Steve's shield?

Time-Immemorial
No, and carvers gay.

StiltmanFTW
They did damage Vibranium Ultron, though.

And that's what Cap's shield is made out of in MCU, as far as we know, for now at least.

Time-Immemorial
I don't think he was pure vibrium and caps shield is specialsmile

Tattoos N Scars
I bet Thanos will break it. He'll rip it in half like a sheet of paper.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
I don't think he was pure vibrium and caps shield is specialsmile

He wasn't, true - there are just too many elements he's composed of - but we do see the vibranium parts melting.

Cap's shield is special... in comics. Not yet in MCU.

Time-Immemorial
Like Carver is special?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Can the trio destroy or at least significantly damage Steve's shield?

nope, honestly I really do not see how they could

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
nope, honestly I really do not see how they could

5kiQVwPCVfo

As seen here, they did damage Vibranium Ultron. MCU shield is made out of just vibranium... because Fox is not allowing Disney to add adamantium to the mix.

Unless I missed something, the shield is simply no more durable than the armor of that Ultron model.

Arachnid1
Ultron wasn't pure vibranium if I remember correctly. He had other alloys mixed in, unlike Caps shield. True vibranium should reflect the energy outwards instead of absorbing it and melting. That completely goes against how it works.

I don't think these three could get through the shield.

CPT Space Bomb
No, they shouldn't be able to. But who knows in the movies. SO far at least, we've seen Cap's shield make it through everything unscathed though. So...I doubt they'd allow anyone but Thanos to damage it.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, Ultron was only partly vibranium, or as Tony described it a "vibranium cocktail" IIRC.

Time-Immemorial
Shield wins, carver loses.

ShadowFyre
But what kind of tp resistance does it have against the mind stone? Vision solos.

Time-Immemorial
The IG is the only way to break the shield.

Tattoos N Scars
Silvee samurai might be able to cut through.

Time-Immemorial
That is another way. Good point.

FrothByte
Are they given unlimited time? IM, Thor and Vision are all very powerful, Thor and Vision especially. IM is inventive. With enough time I'm pretty sure they can destroy the shield.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Of course they could if given enough time.

BruceSkywalker
5kiQVwPCVfo

As seen here, they did damage Vibranium Ultron. MCU shield is made out of just vibranium... because Fox is not allowing Disney to add adamantium to the mix.

Unless I missed something, the shield is simply no more durable than the armor of that Ultron model.

I remember that but also remember in the first Avenger's film Cap's shield took Mjolnir with Thor falling backwards .. the shield clearly looked fine... Also during the battle with the chitauri , when Cap and Stark were teaming up , Iron Man fired his repulsor blasts at Cap's shield and then it ricocheted off and killed the chitauri... In Age of Ultron , Thor hit Cap's shield and it went flying and taking the bad guys...

I am very certain that the shield will hold.. We will know more though after Civil War

StiltmanFTW
Vision was firing his blasts from the Mind Stone, it was probably the most powerful attack out of those three.

Time-Immemorial
IG and SS sword are a solid win, nothing else will break it.

Tattoos N Scars
I wonder what Magneto could do to it.

StiltmanFTW
So,

Panther's vibranium claws have visibly damaged Cap's shield.

This terrible shit is exactly what happens when Fox doesn't want to share their adamantium movie rights.

HulkIsHulk
So,

Panther's vibranium claws have visibly damaged Cap's shield.

This terrible shit is exactly what happens when Fox doesn't want to share their adamantium movie rights.
It was just scatches

golem370
Wasn't that what the city was made off or filled with?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
It was just scatches

Of course it was just scratches, because BP just scratched it Lol.

BP's claws are obviously Vibranium. So far only Vibranium can harm Vibranium. Which is silly because it's not supposed to be indestructible metal like Adamantium, but 100% Vibration absorbent.

But meh, no adamantium, so Vibranium basically is Adamantium for the MCU. Which makes Black Panther the Wolverine of the MCU eek!

Silent Master
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Which makes Black Panther the Wolverine of the MCU eek!

So BP is a shitty character that is only liked by morons?

golem370
Wolverine is not a shitty character might be written bad but the character is badass.

Silent Master
You're half right, he's a bad character.

golem370
Why?

Silent Master
It would be easier to ask, what about his character isn't shitty?

The answer is nothing.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Silent Master

Nah he's got the viciousness of Wolverine, the cool claws and durability, but none of his personality.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
It was just scatches

Yes.

Still, damage done...

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Silent Master

Your hate for the character is incredible, Silent Beta stick out tongue

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by golem370
Wolverine is not a shitty character might be written bad but the character is badass.

Clueless fanboy with half a brain.

Scoobless
So, Panther's vibranium claws have visibly damaged Cap's shield.

Well... he visibly scratched off the paint job, any more than that is just speculation

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Scoobless
Well... he visibly scratched off the paint job, any more than that is just speculation

That was my first thought, too.

But everything else failed to do that... including Iron Man's dual repulsor rays at point-blank...

BruceSkywalker
Cap's shield for the easy win

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.