Batman, a TellTale games series

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

-Pr-
https://www.telltalegames.com/blog/102827/telltale-games-warner-bros-and-dc-entertainment-announce-game-series-based-on-batman-for-2016

No idea what it might be like, but fingers crossed.

Arachnid1
I'm a bit burned out on Telltale. I'll probably give this a shot, but a bit more down the line. I hope the story doesn't center on the joker for once.

Kazenji
I feel these newer interactive novel style Telltale games are a bit overrated imo, I prefer the more Point & Click ones, Which are still getting made somewhat.

Jmanghan
YES PLEASE, WANT NOW.

Ridley_Prime
Assuming you're Batman himself, I'm sure the gameplay will handle the detective work part of him well, based on my experience with other TellTale games.

Impediment
This won't be an action game, methinks.

Point, click, choose your own path, etc.

The Walking Dead Games and The Wolf Among Us were utterly brilliant, and I expect no less from this entry.

Smasandian
At first, I was wondering how they would do this.

And then I realized it could be an awesome detective Batman game without having all that action from the AK series. If they did it more of a point click adventure than the story centric Walking Dead/Wolf Among Us game.

FinalAnswer
Holy shit, TellTale needs to stop making new series and spreading their writing staff out.

Smasandian
I haven't played Game of Thrones or Tales of Borderlands but they were well liked so I don't think they are spreading that writing staff.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Jmanghan
YES PLEASE, WANT NOW.

KingD19
A Batman story with hard choices to make, branching storylines and a p/c detective system? Awesome. And even fight scenes in TellTale are pretty dope when you get all the prompts right.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Smasandian
I haven't played Game of Thrones or Tales of Borderlands but they were well liked so I don't think they are spreading that writing staff.

While it was alright, everything past Episode 1 of The Wolf Among Us was not quite as good, and the series suffered from some obvious rewrites.

Season 2 of The Walking Dead was shit though, only barely redeemed by a handful of characters, and this is specifically because they split up their writing team.

I've heard everyone generally enjoys the Borderlands game, but I've heard plenty of people complain about the Game of Thrones one, and their Minecraft series is complete dogshit.

Nephthys
Borderlands is effing incredible and I personally really enjoyed Wolf Among Us the whole way through. I still need to play through the GoT and Walking Dead S2 though.

FinalAnswer
I mean, don't get me wrong, I enjoyed The Wolf Among Us quite a bit, but from what I understand they had a whole other different thing planned that got rewritten past episode one, causing the whole thing to feel rushed. Episode 1 was great, but after taking four months for Episode 2, it felt pretty inferior, and the rest of the series lacked the adventuring, investigating element from Episode 1/TWD Season 1, and just felt like one big constant push from point a to point b. TWD Season 2 suffers from the same thing.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
I mean, don't get me wrong, I enjoyed The Wolf Among Us quite a bit, but from what I understand they had a whole other different thing planned that got rewritten past episode one, causing the whole thing to feel rushed. Episode 1 was great, but after taking four months for Episode 2, it felt pretty inferior, and the rest of the series lacked the adventuring, investigating element from Episode 1/TWD Season 1, and just felt like one big constant push from point a to point b. TWD Season 2 suffers from the same thing. You should give Borderlands a go. From what I hear, its their best so far.

jinXed by JaNx
I'm getting really sick of telltale games. They need to at least start diversifying the game play or start giving the player influence over the story.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Arachnid1
You should give Borderlands a go. From what I hear, its their best so far.

I've never played a Borderlands game.

Jmanghan

Flowers are ugly.

Nephthys

Neither had I. I still laughed myself breathless many, many times.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I enjoyed The Wolf Among Us quite a bit, but from what I understand they had a whole other different thing planned that got rewritten past episode one, causing the whole thing to feel rushed. Episode 1 was great, but after taking four months for Episode 2, it felt pretty inferior, and the rest of the series lacked the adventuring, investigating element from Episode 1/TWD Season 1, and just felt like one big constant push from point a to point b. TWD Season 2 suffers from the same thing.

I didn't feel that, personally. It felt inferior to what?

FinalAnswer
Inferior to the previous episode. As I said, it lacked as much of the adventuring element as episode 1, and didn't feel like it had as much content. Maybe I got this irritated over this because I had to wait 4 months, I dunno, but the rest of the series in general just felt a bit rushed and not as well put together as the first part.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I'm getting really sick of telltale games. They need to at least start diversifying the game play or start giving the player influence over the story.
Like as in, not having as many events that you cannot change with the choices/reactions you make? As far as the latter.

Jmanghan
I'm getting really sick of telltale games. They need to at least start diversifying the game play or start giving the player influence over the story. Its their thing.

I personally hope this will always be their type of game.

If they come out with someone like, say, an FPS, that will turn me off to them completely.

They're the storytellers, and thats all the need to be, its what they're best at.

You and Ares are particularly hard to satisfy as gamers.

Adam Grimes
Maybe you're too easy to please.

I don't think they should change their formula as much as they should make the player's choices have more weight in the story.

I mean come on, why tf can't I save fuqing luke? Or anyone else for that matter.

Smasandian
Is that any different than any other story driven game?

The idea behind player choice's is a fallacy. No matter what game tries to say that choices make a difference, it really doesn't. Even Until Dawn, which probably had the most involved system of player driven choice didn't really affect the story any sort of meaningful way.

As long as the developer makes the effect to "pretty up" or hide the fact that player driven choices mean nothing then it makes the game a lot of fun. Telltale Games does a beautiful job of doing so. Even though I know the choices won't make a different, I agonize the any decision I want to make.

Telltale Games have a specific vibe about their games and I don't think people really care if it changes or not because that's why they play them.

Nephthys
The thing I think they need to work on is the animation. There's a lot of times when the faces don't match up with what they're saying or emoting. And a lot of weird, awkward-looking movements.

Also I just finished off TftB and that final episode was ****ing incredible.

Adam Grimes
Then you have games like Fallout New Vegas. In fact, any game with multiple endings inherently gives you more power over the story than Telltale in TWD, TWD S2, TWAU and TFTB. (Those are the telltale games I've played, and loved TWDS1 and The wolf among us)

Again, that wouldn't be a problem if Telltale wouldn't beat us over the head in every trailer with the mantra 'your choices will shape your adventure' as a major selling point.

Kazenji

Or even go back to their older style games they made, Sam & Max seasons, Tales of Monkey Island to name some, Back to The Future the game.

NemeBro

The idea behind player choice's is a fallacy. No matter what game tries to say that choices make a difference, it really doesn't. Even Until Dawn, which probably had the most involved system of player driven choice didn't really affect the story any sort of meaningful way.

As long as the developer makes the effect to "pretty up" or hide the fact that player driven choices mean nothing then it makes the game a lot of fun. Telltale Games does a beautiful job of doing so. Even though I know the choices won't make a different, I agonize the any decision I want to make.

Telltale Games have a specific vibe about their games and I don't think people really care if it changes or not because that's why they play them. Undertale is a story-driven game where your choices matter more than in any Telltale game, as well as more than in Until Dawn. Your choices affected the story radically.

Why can a cheap Indie game do this, but big budget Adventure Games like Telltale Game series not?

FinalAnswer

Telltale Games have a specific vibe about their games and I don't think people really care if it changes or not because that's why they play them.

Yeah, see, Walking Dead Season 1 did a good job of making you at least think your choices matter.

Season 2, however, did a terrible job of that.

Impediment
As long as Kevin Conroy voices Batman I'm happy.

Smasandian
Originally posted by NemeBro
Undertale is a story-driven game where your choices matter more than in any Telltale game, as well as more than in Until Dawn. Your choices affected the story radically.

Why can a cheap Indie game do this, but big budget Adventure Games like Telltale Game series not?

I haven't played Undertale so I can't really comment but it's probably do with voice acting and type of narrative experience Telltale wants to tell.

But personally, no matter what game it is, I will believe it when I actually see a game do it.

Nephthys
Originally posted by NemeBro
Undertale is a story-driven game where your choices matter more than in any Telltale game, as well as more than in Until Dawn. Your choices affected the story radically.

Undertale does this by monitoring gameplay choices such as if you killed people or certain characters. Telltale (and Until Dawn) can't really do this because their games are more visual novels than an actual games. They use clear binary options where the player makes deliberate choices. This system is just naturally more limited since those kinds of branching options become pretty vast. And the multiple dialogue options leads to loads of different reactions to keep track of.

Undertales choices effect the story in that you get different lines based on which characters are dead in the neutral ending and 3 different main endings based on gameplay choices. Telltale does something similar in that some choices do lead to different dialogue endings and different characters in scenes, but you can't really do multiple highly different endings with voice acting, multiple conversation options and the episodic structure Telltale works in that limits time.

Even then Tales from the Borderlands does pull off having a choice in episode 2 lead to you going through 2 different paths at the first 3rd of episode 3 as well as different flavor text for examining things.

Smasandian
Yeah, you are right, in the end it's extremely hard, time consuming and expensive to create a game that completely tailors the story on choices you make. It's highly unlikely, especially for a game that involves voice acting, animation/motion recap, and level design. You are always going to follow linear path the developers have shoehorned you in because they cannot create multiple areas for you to walk through. That's why player's choice is a fallacy.

As I said before (and others!) is that as long as the devs make a effort to hide that fact then it can work brillianty well. Telltale, Bioware and the devs of Until Dawn do extremely well in this fact.

FinalAnswer
Bioware

Lol

Smasandian
What's so funny?

Quincy
I love TellTale games and I think the storytelling is brilliant. The only title I haven't liked was Game of Thrones, and my complaints were more based around the actual series it's based on. Getting into a scrap with TV Show Ramsay Bolton isn't exciting and tense, because I know ahead of time I wouldn't be able to beat him - BECAUSE he's in the show.

Something like The Walking Dead and Tales from the Borderlands don't have those limitations.

Adam Grimes
I hope the take inspiration from Long Halloween and other good stories with Batman showing his detective side.

Quincy
That'd be a real good story to go to. Switch in and out with Harvey Dent maybe? I'd be into it.

Hush would lend itself pretty well I think.

But I'd go with something totally brand new to keep us all in suspense.

BruceSkywalker
so.. as a batman fanatic will I enjoy this?

Kazenji
Details on the Batman game

http://www.superherohype.com/news/368427-telltale-reveals-more-details-on-its-batman-series

-Pr-
I REALLY like the idea of choosing between Bruce and Batman. That's something games have never really given us before.

Ridley_Prime
Normally I wouldn't want to play as Bruce without the cape and cowl, but sounds like they'll have an interesting way of how you use him that affects the story and state of Gotham. Guess I'm in.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Normally I wouldn't want to play as Bruce without the cape and cowl, but sounds like they'll have an interesting way of how you use him that affects the story and state of Gotham. Guess I'm in. I just think its cool whenever they think Bruce Wayne is a pansy rich dude and he ends up whooping some ass.

The point is, even in the Arkham games, we didn't get to actively pick Bruce Wayne as even a costume.

-Pr-
Some screens:

https://www.telltalegames.com/blog/106859/batman-the-telltale-series-unveiled-in-first-look-ahead-of-summer-2016-premiere

Ridley_Prime
The artstyle looks fresh & interesting for Batman (compared to Arkham at least) and what I'd expect of TellTale, though still tired of Troy Baker being everywhere.

-Pr-
Full Trailer:

Za8G70bbKRY

Have never been a huge TellTale guy, but I can't wait. It's out soon too, which is comforting.

ares834
TellTale games have become really stale lately, and this doesn't look any different. And by god, they have to update their engine.

Ridley_Prime
Said staleness is why I'm not even feeling it for their Walking Dead season 3. Had tried out the WD Michonne game but it was just average at best, playing off the same tired formula. Not really convinced from the trailer that this game will be any different, though may still give it a try if I have not much else to spend on while waiting for other games.

Smasandian
Yeah, Michonne was a bit disappointing. The story wasn't that good and for a Telltale game to work, it needs to be solid.

However, there isn't a ton of devs doing something like this and they are the best. I have enjoyed most of their current work (Walking Dead to Tales of the Borderlands) so I'm looking forward to this.

I would just be happy if they added the ability to be a detective in it.

-Pr-
I guess I'm lucky I haven't played a lot of their stuff, so that staleness will be less apparent to me.

Kazenji
The newer work form them is alright....Guess I just prefer their more older work, Where the games felt more like the old adventure games from the 90's.

Arachnid1
Normally I wouldn't want to play as Bruce without the cape and cowl, but sounds like they'll have an interesting way of how you use him that affects the story and state of Gotham. Guess I'm in. I disagree

I've always hated how downplayed Batmans normal life is. It needs to be balanced like Peter Parker/Spiderman. It adds sooo much more to the stories IMO

Smasandian
Originally posted by -Pr-
I guess I'm lucky I haven't played a lot of their stuff, so that staleness will be less apparent to me.

Meh, as long as the story is solid, I could probably play a Telltale game for years because that's what is important to me.

WD: Michonne didn't have a great one and due to that, it showed the ugly side of these games and how the "choices" you make didn't really mean anything. As well, you rarely had a chance to explore your surroundings like you did in earlier Walking Dead games.

BruceSkywalker
I wanna play this right now dammit.... big grin

Impediment
I'm definitely playing this on the release day. I haven't played every Telltale game made but here is my list:

TWD season one is nothing short of perfection.

TWD season two is a bit muddled and not as good as season one, but good and worth multiple playthroughs.

TWD: Michonne wasn't very memorable and very short. Good, but kinda forgettable.

The Wolf Among Us is a solid game that is definitely worth multiple playthroughs.

Smasandian
I really enjoyed The Wolf Among Us. I know it's based on a comc/graphic book but it doesn't mean it wasn't an interesting take on an old story. I thought it was great.

Game of Thrones wasn't that bad either. Tales of the Borderlands was kind of funny and neat too. I was surprised Telltale could make a game based on a loot driven shooter.

-Pr-
Came out today, wanted to get it but the PC port is awful, apparently.

Smasandian
It would probably be fixed right?

Make no sense to have a shitty port from Telltale. It's not like they haven't released any previous PC games.

-Pr-
I'm hoping they fix it, because I really want to play it. The port is just awful; mouse, resolution and FPS issues abound. Even on Steam it was being rated pretty poorly up until a while ago.

They did release a patch today, but people are still saying it hasn't fixed all of their issues.

Our machine here is well above the minimum specs; I'm just annoyed I have to wait to spend that sweet, sweet birthday steam credit. Hoping they fix it soon, anyway.

Kazenji
I'll most likely wait until season 1 is finished for this game, Before i play it.

Impediment
I downloaded episode one yesterday, but didn't play it because I worked a double and came home and slept for 13 hours. Now I'm about to go back to work on the night shift for one more night, and then I'll play it this weekend.

-Pr-
Any thoughts you have (spoiler free of course) would be appreciated.

Kazenji
I watched Cinemassacre's Talk About Games for this, Felt like they were expecting to get actual gameplay similar to the Arkham games for the Batman sections.

-Pr-
Well, that's just silly.

Kazenji
They too did get it for the PC first and then experiencing the issues, They then got it again for the PS4.

Smasandian
I'm hoping they fix it, because I really want to play it. The port is just awful; mouse, resolution and FPS issues abound. Even on Steam it was being rated pretty poorly up until a while ago.

They did release a patch today, but people are still saying it hasn't fixed all of their issues.

Our machine here is well above the minimum specs; I'm just annoyed I have to wait to spend that sweet, sweet birthday steam credit. Hoping they fix it soon, anyway.

That's crazy. Did the change the engine or something? Why would they have issues with this game on PC when all the other ones were pretty smooth.

Impediment
Any thoughts you have (spoiler free of course) would be appreciated.

Of course.

-Pr-
That's crazy. Did the change the engine or something? Why would they have issues with this game on PC when all the other ones were pretty smooth.

I've read (though I have no confirmation) that this is the first game using a new engine, so it's experiencing a lot of issues as it "settles" so to speak.

Originally posted by Impediment
Of course.

thumb up

Nephthys
"A new face for Gotham"

lol

Impediment
Spoiler free: Episode one was pretty damn cool. Lots of mixed time between Batman and Bruce Wayne to make your choices to solidify your integrity and/or notoriety. The QTEs are a bit muddled at times, but not bad enough to ruin the combat experiences. Also, combat is incredibly like Heavy Rain, IMO.

You have the choice to be Good Batman or Bad Batman and I'm making all of the bad choices, but only concerning the handling of criminals. I'm seeing a lot of Frank Miller's All Star Batman when I "take it too far" with my actions, and I have to admit that I love it.

Can't wait for future episodes.

-Pr-
Sounds good. thumb up

Nemesis X
That's good to hear. I was worried at first the game would stay linear and you couldn't change Batman's character at all.

Not surprised the PC version wouldn't work properly. First Arkham Origins, then Arkham Knight, and now the Telltale Series. WB really doesn't like the platform for some reason if MKX is anything to go by.

-Pr-
It goes back to Arkham City, sadly.

At least they eventually fixed Arkham Knight. Now they just have to fix this one.

Kazenji
Still it should at least be fixed up before a release date, If they need more time with the PC version give another release date.

-Pr-
It'd be a perfect world if they did, but alas...

Anyway, I bought this, and am downloading now. Let's see how it goes...

-Pr-
Just finished episode 1... Have to admit, I really liked it. I liked having so many choices, and how they seemed to actually matter in terms of the plot. I look forward to playing it again and seeing if there's much difference.

Though I'll probably play again anyway, just to see what would have happened had I not missed some of the QTEs.

BruceSkywalker
buying this next month, but is it really worth it?

as someone who loves Batman, would I enjoy playing this?

-Pr-
I enjoyed it. The only thing I'm dreading is having to wait between episodes. It could lose some serious momentum between now and then, but otherwise I liked it. Nice story, and I enjoyed being able to play Bruce and Batman differently.

KingD19
You should. It's not the traditional Batman game, and it definitely won't feel like it since everyones been used to the Arkham series for the last 6 years, and then Injustice.

But TellTale did it right. The Batman portions feel as much like Batman as they can in the gameplay setting. They even showcase how analytical he is and how he does nothing without a plan. Even showcases how physically superior he is to normal goons. And playing as Bruce is a refreshing change of pace. And there's a lot of ways things can go based on your choices.

If you like TellTale, and you like Batman, you should like this.

-Pr-
One thing I noticed that, even with it being the kind of game it is, I felt like I had more control in playing Batman the way I wanted to than I had in even the Arkham games.

And it made me realise just how badly I've been missing out on being able to play a superhero RPG.

KingD19
One thing I noticed that, even with it being the kind of game it is, I felt like I had more control in playing Batman the way I wanted to than I had in even the Arkham games.

And it made me realise just how badly I've been missing out on being able to play a superhero RPG.

Yeah I know exactly what you mean. Like for example, when you go at Falcone and see how much security he has, you set up a plan of action to take them out because of how many their are. Or how even though Batman wouldn't do it, you can choose to just let Catwoman fall, or be as ruthless as the game allows. It's a degree of freedom gained from TellTale being the kind of company it is, where it's not just a Beat-em up with gadgets and great visuals.

-Pr-
Originally posted by KingD19
Yeah I know exactly what you mean. Like for example, when you go at Falcone and see how much security he has, you set up a plan of action to take them out because of how many their are. Or how even though Batman wouldn't do it, you can choose to just let Catwoman fall, or be as ruthless as the game allows. It's a degree of freedom gained from TellTale being the kind of company it is, where it's not just a Beat-em up with gadgets and great visuals.

thumb up Exactly. It felt like I was Batman, in a sense. Like my actions drove the story rather than being a part of it.

At the end, did you have any decisions that only a minority of people did? I had a couple.

KingD19
thumb up Exactly. It felt like I was Batman, in a sense. Like my actions drove the story rather than being a part of it.

At the end, did you have any decisions that only a minority of people did? I had a couple.

Yeah. Everything you do as Bruce or Batman has a cause/effect, and reactions by the people around you and the environment. It changes based on what you do, just like Gotham actually would based on how the 2 most influential figures in it(who just so happen to be the same guy) react.

I think I had a couple. But a lot of percentages weren't where I thought they'd be.

-Pr-
Yeah. Everything you do as Bruce or Batman has a cause/effect, and reactions by the people around you and the environment. It changes based on what you do, just like Gotham actually would based on how the 2 most influential figures in it(who just so happen to be the same guy) react.

I think I had a couple. But a lot of percentages weren't where I thought they'd be.

Same. It'll be interesting to see what choices we get in the second one, though I am unashamed to admit I totally want to bang Selina. That better be an option.

BruceSkywalker
thanks you two

KingD19
Same. It'll be interesting to see what choices we get in the second one, though I am unashamed to admit I totally want to bang Selina. That better be an option.

Hahaha you're not the only one. Knowing TT, it'll be an option, but it'll be at the cost of Harvey's friendship. Or you might be able to get lucky and get it on without him finding out because you two are two of the best sneaky people in the city.

-Pr-
Hahaha you're not the only one. Knowing TT, it'll be an option, but it'll be at the cost of Harvey's friendship. Or you might be able to get lucky and get it on without him finding out because you two are two of the best sneaky people in the city.

**** him; he's evil eventually anyway.

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
thanks you two

Hope you enjoy it.

KingD19
**** him; he's evil eventually anyway.

Hope you enjoy it.

You know what, that fact completely skipped my mind. He's so d*amn charismatic. I wonder if you're gonna get to scrap it out with him before he becomes Two-Face, or if you're somehow responsible. Or even what all happens with Penguin.

They've set up a great premise.

No spoilers needed, but what's your gear color? I went for Purple.

-Pr-
You know what, that fact completely skipped my mind. He's so d*amn charismatic. I wonder if you're gonna get to scrap it out with him before he becomes Two-Face, or if you're somehow responsible. Or even what all happens with Penguin.

They've set up a great premise.

No spoilers needed, but what's your gear color? I went for Purple.

They have indeed.

I went with blue, as I wanted the classic colour, but I can see myself trying others in other playthroughs obviously.

-Pr-
Anyone played episode 2 yet?

cdtm

We talking "Walking Dead" changes, where actions have minimal impact beyond "Kenny doesn't like me anymore because I didn't back him that one time out of the dozen times I did".

Ridley_Prime
Aye. As much as I grew to like Kenny's character, that always got annoying.

Forgot to post about it earlier, but did end up getting this game with the good enough things I heard about it here and places. For a TellTale title, the gameplay is definitely more involving than I thought, between the detective work and setting up attack points in stealth scenarios, and so far the choices you make seem to actually matter. Thank you, why couldn't I have had that in WD Michonne? This is a nice fresh departure from the Arkham franchise as well, which had eventually suffered in parts from the AAA series kind of effect.

Didn't know episode 2 was out. Thanks for the heads up; downloading it now.

-Pr-
It only came out this week, so you're not far behind.

There's a choice in episode 2... Damn.

cdtm
The Fables one was a marked improvement over WD (And yeah, Kenny was awesome no matter how much he held a grudge wink )

It was kind of funny picking the pacifist choices and Dee losing his mind with fear anyways, like the writers didn't really expect anyone to pass up a chance to play bad cop.

End of the game even gives you a "What the HELL is wrong with you, son" ending from Snow and all his friends. smile

-Pr-
Batman is my first real telltale game, but after this I may go back and play the others. I'm pretty impressed.

-Pr-
Episode 3 out now. Was good, and they're doing a really solid job with those cliffhangers imo.

Smasandian
This will probably another Christmas sale purchase and playthrough during the holidays like every other TellTale game I have played!

BackFire
Batman is my first real telltale game, but after this I may go back and play the others. I'm pretty impressed.

Dude, you should try Walking Dead Season 1, it's exceptional. Also Wolf Among Us is great.

Ridley_Prime
After the other episodes are out, I might actually replay this to save Harvey instead of Selina, just to see how the rest of the story goes.

-Pr-
Originally posted by BackFire
Dude, you should try Walking Dead Season 1, it's exceptional. Also Wolf Among Us is great.

My brother played TWD and keeps at me to get it. It's on sale on steam too right now...

After the other episodes are out, I might actually replay this to save Harvey instead of Selina, just to see how the rest of the story goes.

Spoilers!

cdtm
Bought this on sale a few weeks back, and just started episode 1.

Man, they aren't kidding about technical issues. Lags all over the place, and objects randomly vanish/appear depending on where you're standing.

Otherwise, seems fun. I am REALLY bad at sticking to a plan, as I wanted to play a "paragon" run, and keep doing things like having private meetings with mobsters or insulting everyone I meet (The broken arm was a total accident, but I'm not sorry I did it to the killer.

Guess I'm more of a natural Frank Miller Batman than I'd thought.

cdtm
My Paragon run is a bust:

Also accidentially picked impaling Falcone.

Whoops.

cdtm
Doing a second playthrough. Things really don't change as much as I'd like, which is true of all Telltale games.

Alfred still accuses you of brutalizing a guy for example, even if you don't lay a hand on him except where they force you to literally twist his arm a little. Not exactly enough to land him in the hospital.

Ridley_Prime
Meh. The change is still a step up from some of the other TT games I had to experience. Wasn't expecting this to be perfect, but is certainly more a step in the right direction.

This game hit a homerun with the last episode released today. Lady Arkham's a great villain and the fights with her in the finale were freakin epic. Will definitely support the next season and hope the Joker proves to hold up well in this series.

cdtm
Meh. The change is still a step up from some of the other TT games I had to experience. Wasn't expecting this to be perfect, but is certainly more a step in the right direction.

This game hit a homerun with the last episode released today. Lady Arkham's a great villain and the fights with her in the finale were freakin epic. Will definitely support the next season and hope the Joker proves to hold up well in this series.

I'll give it this: It didn't just retread old ground.

A british/aussie (Can never recognize accents) cobblepot? And Falcone is way more authentic "wise guy mafioso" then Gotham's version, that's for sure.

Khazra Reborn
I don't really get these TellTell games. Their is hardly any game play, are these just meant to be appreciated for their story, for like choose your own adventure fans? Because I certainly don't get anything out of them for something so commercially praised.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.