Faora vs. Ultron

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
*Ultron as of his stomping of Thor

*Round 1: Both combatants are flying

*Round 2: Both combatants are on the ground

*Winner by BFR, KO, or death

Fight takes place in NYC

Placidity
Sub-Commander Faora-Ul

NotAllThatEvil
Faora can't fly...

Placidity
She can, just like any Kryptonian. She had not realized her ability yet in the short time she had. There is nothing so unique about Clark or Zod's flight that we can not impute the feat to her.

relentless1
Faora has an evolutionary advantage...

NotAllThatEvil
Originally posted by Placidity
She can, just like any Kryptonian. She had not realized her ability yet in the short time she had. There is nothing so unique about Clark or Zod's flight that we can not impute the feat to her.

I, like any other human, have the ability to perform open heart surgery and do ninjitsu. There is nothing unique about a doctor or bruce lee from me. There is one difference however. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO KARATE! Just she has the genetics doesn't mean she grasps the technique. Remember when zod broke his helmet and got sensory overload? He eventually figured out the trick he had to learn that crap.

Time-Immemorial
Your sense of morality makes you weak.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
I, like any other human, have the ability to perform open heart surgery and do ninjitsu. There is nothing unique about a doctor or bruce lee from me. There is one difference however. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO KARATE! Just she has the genetics doesn't mean she grasps the technique. Remember when zod broke his helmet and got sensory overload? He eventually figured out the trick he had to learn that crap. Pretty great argument actually.

Unfortunately, OP has already specified that Faora knows how to fly in this scenario. If he specified that you know how to perform open heart surgery and do ninjitsu in some scenario, then you would have that at your disposal. For that reason, it's safe to assume she can replicate any of the flight feats Zod or Supes pulled off.

Anyway, she stomps in every scenario.

Robtard
Ultron's going to have a hard time hitting her with her ability to speed-blitz, giving her flight just swings the win in her favor even more.

Surtur
Is this when Ultron had his vibranium body? Since it's not likely Faora can do anything. Especially since she was granted flight, but not any heat vision. Not that the heat vision could do much, but it would be better then mere physical force.

Time-Immemorial
She is granted flight in this battle.

Her strength is enough to rip him apart. He's not pure vibraniam and she won't be using energy based attacks.

FrothByte
Did Ultron ever have a vibranium body? I thought that was Vision. In any case, his latest body survived prolonged blasts from Thor, IM and Vision without getting incinerated. I don't know if Faora has enough power output to take out Ultron.

Then again, I also don't know if Ultron has enough power output to take out Faora... though Superman did get hurt by the kryptonian ship's laser fire.

Juk3n
Faora - Stomp, all scenes.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
I, like any other human, have the ability to perform open heart surgery and do ninjitsu. There is nothing unique about a doctor or bruce lee from me. There is one difference however. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO KARATE! Just she has the genetics doesn't mean she grasps the technique. Remember when zod broke his helmet and got sensory overload? He eventually figured out the trick he had to learn that crap.

This actually isn't a good argument like somebody commented. You're in fact, not the same as a doctor, or somebody in Mensa for example. They are inherently smarter than you, and no matter how much you study a subject, you'll never have the brain capacity to store and process information like they do.

Same thing with Bruce Lee, you don't have the benefit of his genetics. You can't train to have fast twitch muscle fibers for example you're born with them. No matter how much you trained to be able to dunk (which you might accomplish) it would take you much longer and way more effort than somebody who can naturally jump higher. They will always be able to jump higher than you. Think about Junior high track meet. Kids at that age aren't training for events, and yet, there are clearly superior athletes compared to others. With no training or experience, some people are naturally more athletically gifted than others. It's just the way the cookie crumbles.

You seem to be under the impression than anybody can be a professional athlete or a doctor, and that couldn't be further from the truth

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by FrothByte
Did Ultron ever have a vibranium body? I thought that was Vision. In any case, his latest body survived prolonged blasts from Thor, IM and Vision without getting incinerated. I don't know if Faora has enough power output to take out Ultron.

Then again, I also don't know if Ultron has enough power output to take out Faora... though Superman did get hurt by the kryptonian ship's laser fire.

Saying she can't hurt him would be like saying she can't kill wolverine.

She could rip his spine out. Just like she could dismember Ultron.

Think about it, not all of him is vibraniam. He still has circuits, a power source and other thinks that can be crippled.

CPT Space Bomb
Well, Ultron really isn't that impressive. They jobbed Thor to him for a few minutes to try and make him seem like a serious threat....but other than that he never accomplished anything physically.

Thor jobbed to Ultron and Hulk jobbed to Iron Man. Funny thing is Thor also had the best feat of anyone in that movie....so...I'm not that impressed by Ultron.

I'd give Thor (not jobbing for plot reasons) a huge advantage over Ultron as well as Faora

Arachnid1
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
This actually isn't a good argument like somebody commented. You're in fact, not the same as a doctor, or somebody in Mensa for example. They are inherently smarter than you, and no matter how much you study a subject, you'll never have the brain capacity to store and process information like they do. This is flat out wrong. Someone who studies and dedicates their lives to a subject can definitely become one of the best in their field. Every doctor earned their profession through years of killer study and testing. If its all genetics, then that means that every person in that doctors family should also be a super accomplished genius, though this is rarely the case.

Same with martial arts. Learning technique is definitely doable. Sure, becoming Bruce Lee level is a different argument all together, but they can still become pretty adept at a style.

Not to mention neither of those are akin to flying. Zod picked it up easily enough. Thats likely closer to learning how to walk, which nearly every human has the capacity to do, meaning Faora has the capacity to learn to fly just fine.

And jesus, you have the most defeatist attitude I've seen in a while. Honestly, its depressing. You cant just explain away all failures to genetics.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Arachnid1
This is flat out wrong. Someone who studies and dedicates their lives to a subject can definitely become one of the best in their field. Every doctor earned their profession through years of killer study and testing. If its all genetics, then that means that every person in that doctors family should also be a super accomplished genius, though this is rarely the case.

Same with martial arts. Learning technique is definitely doable. Sure, becoming Bruce Lee level is a different argument all together, but they can still become pretty adept at a style.

Not to mention neither of those are akin to flying. Zod picked it up easily enough. Thats likely closer to learning how to walk, which nearly every human has the capacity to do, meaning Faora has the capacity to learn to fly just fine.

And jesus, you have the most defeatist attitude I've seen in a while. Honestly, its depressing. You cant just explain away all failures to genetics.

That isn't what you said though.. You said we're all born human and thus can all accomplish the same things. You said anybody can be a doctor or Bruce Lee, and THAT is flat out wrong. Not everybody can be a doctor or Bruce Lee. It has nothing to do with a defeatist attitude, it's simply a fact. In the end I know what you were trying to say, I just didn't agree with how you said it. NO harm.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
That isn't what you said though.. You said we're all born human and thus can all accomplish the same things. You said anybody can be a doctor or Bruce Lee, and THAT is flat out wrong. Not everybody can be a doctor or Bruce Lee. It has nothing to do with a defeatist attitude, it's simply a fact. In the end I know what you were trying to say, I just didn't agree with how you said it. NO harm. You're fine, but you might want to check who you quoted bud, I never said any of those things

I did say NotAllThatEvil had a good argument though. He messed up the phrasing, but I don't believe that "anyone could be Bruce Lee" is the actual argument he was trying to make. He's trying to argue that people can become one of the best in a chosen subject through dedication, practice, and progress. He just messed up the fact that flying in MoS clearly doesn't take the same level of dedication or learning, which is what I refuted when I quoted him.

KuRuPT Thanosi
You're right good Sir

Robtard
KT's overall correct, not everyone is born equal. Great painters/artist are a good example, someone born without artistic talent could definitely train themselves to be better artist, but they'll never match the ones who were penciling out impressive pictures in the 5th grade while their classmates where still drawing stick figures. The outliers not making the rule.

Not every runner can be Usain Bolt, even with intensive training and using drug assistance.

Time-Immemorial
Every Kryptonian can fly.

Robtard
Cos superpowers, but can they all fly equally?

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by Robtard
KT's overall correct, not everyone is born equal. Great painters/artist are a good example, someone born without artistic talent could definitely train themselves to be better artist, but they'll never match the ones who were penciling out impressive pictures in the 5th grade while their classmates where still drawing stick figures. The outliers not making the rule.

Not every runner can be Usain Bolt, even with intensive training and using drug assistance. I don't think that's a good comparison to make, Zod learnt how to fly pretty well within minutes.

Clark did it fairly quick too.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I don't think Rob's claiming Faora can't fly or learn how to fly. We were just discussing a side topic of sorts to that one. I also believe Faora would eventually be able to fly, but as Rob says, it might not be as fast or as well. Maybe it would be, but one thing is for certain, she didn't take the same logic leap Zod did to try. Which is kind of the point.

Regardless, for purposes of this thread she can fly

Robtard
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
I don't think that's a good comparison to make, Zod learnt how to fly pretty well within minutes.

Clark did it fairly quick too.

I wasn't using it to reference fictional characters, just a side (and off-topic) comment on humanity in relation to what KT was saying.

In regards to Zod though, his abilities to overcome the sensory overload disability and learn how to fly in a day, where it took Clark years was due to Zod's genetic advantages of being a bred warrior (and years of training), while Clark was the first non-genetically tampered baby born in generations, as per Jor-El's comments (they made a baby the natural way). IMO, if Faora had lasted, she wouldn't have been far behind as she was genetically made in the warrior caste like Zod.

edit: basically what KT said above.

Adam Grimes
I wasn't using it to reference fictional characters, just a side (and off-topic) comment on humanity in relation to what KT was saying.

In regards to Zod though, his abilities to overcome the sensory overload disability and learn how to fly in a day, where it took Clark years was due to Zod's genetic advantages of being a bred warrior (and years of training), while Clark was the first non-genetically tampered baby born in generations, as per Jor-El's comments (they made a baby the natural way). IMO, if Faora had lasted, she wouldn't have been far behind as she was genetically made in the warrior caste like Zod.

edit: basically what KT said above. My take on it was that it took so much for Clark to fly because his body wasn't capable up to that point.

Once he reached adulthood and started to actually push himself further Clark learned how to fly properly in a short span of time.

I see your point though and Zod's quick adaptability could also be attributed to his genes as a bred warrior, in which case, that *should* also apply to Faora, imo.

PD: Oh, ok then. thumb up

Arachnid1

Not every runner can be Usain Bolt, even with intensive training and using drug assistance. Sure, thats true when you take it to the extremes. As I've noted, no one is arguing that anyone in the world can become Usain Bolt or Bruce Lee. That doesn't mean they still cant be damn good at what they do. You guys focused too much on NotAllThatEvils phrasing and completely missed the argument he was trying to make

I don't believe that "anyone could be Bruce Lee" is the actual argument he was trying to make. He's trying to argue that people can become one of the best in a chosen subject through dedication, practice, and progress. He just messed up the fact that flying in MoS clearly doesn't take the same level of dedication or learning, which is what I refuted when I quoted him.

edit: basically what KT said above. To be fair to Clark, he was a kid when the whole sensory overload thing happened. He got flying relatively quickly at least.

Robtard
Sure, thats true when you take it to the extremes. As I've noted, no one is arguing that anyone in the world can become Usain Bolt or Bruce Lee. That doesn't mean they still cant be damn good at what they do. You guys focused too much on NotAllThatEvils phrasing and completely missed the argument he was trying to make

To be fair to Clark, he was a kid when the whole sensory overload thing happened. He got flying relatively quickly at least.

For sure, I noted that basically anyone can improve in a field with enough effort, even if they're not naturally talented in it. I wasn't focusing on anything really, just commenting on a portion of the off-topic exchange.

Yeah, that is true. Just pointing out what the film laid out for us in regards to Zod, the genetic-crafting Kryptonians use and Clark being created through the natural process of penis-in-vagina.

iirc, in the DVD commentary it was noted that while Clark was overall more powerful due to his decades of being under YSR, Zod (and crew) held his own due to his training and Krypto-eugenics. Never saw it myself, read it somewhere, can't recall where.

Arachnid1
For sure, I noted that basically anyone can improve in a field with enough effort, even if they're not naturally talented in it. I wasn't focusing on anything really, just commenting on a portion of the off-topic exchange.

Yeah, that is true. Just pointing out what the film laid out for us in regards to Zod, the genetic-crafting Kryptonians use and Clark being created through the natural process of penis-in-vagina.

iirc, in the DVD commentary it was noted that while Clark was overall more powerful due to his decades of being under YSR, Zod (and crew) held his own due to his training and Krypto-eugenics. Never saw it myself, read it somewhere, can't recall where. The skill gap between Clark and the other Kryptonians was big enough to make up for a power gap resulting from years of being under the yellow sun? If thats true, thats f*cking awesome and makes Zod and the other Kryptonians that much more impressive.

Makes me wonder how Supergirl is adapting to life under the yellow sun after MoS

Robtard
As Zod said: "I was bred to be a warrior, Kal. Trained my entire life to master my senses. Where did you train? ON A FARM?" Then Jor-El's comments about Clark soaking up the sun and earth's nourishing atmosphere for years and years. Faora also commented how Clark's genetically inferior, likely referencing that he's a vagina-baby.

If the hints are true, she's been on earth for a very long time. Remember she was on (per the comic) the crashed seed ship and one of the hibernation pods was opened without a dead body inside when Clark first entered.

There's rumor's that Diana/WW is actually some sort of krytonian-human hybrid and that Kara started the Amazons. Fan speculation.

Placidity
Your examples of doctors and Bruce Lee are irrelevant and inaccurate. You confuse skill with innate ability. Being a doctor or skilled fighter requires years of training, knowledge and experience (and genetics to be the best). Flying to kryptonians is as natural as talking is to humans. Clark needed some practice and Zod "unlocked" the ability through will alone. I never said Faora would be the "best flyer" whatever that means, merely that she would be able to fly given time and the awareness that she actually had this ability.

Time-Immemorial
Cos superpowers, but can they all fly equally?

Sure why the hell not? Kal learned his 2 days before they showed up.

NotAllThatEvil
But in the space of time it would take for her to figure out flight, would she also figure out the mastery of ger super sense and heat visuon? Zod figured those out relatively quick as well.

FrothByte
Kal spent 33 yrs on earth before he finally flew. Spent a lot of time mastering his other senses too.

Time-Immemorial
So much win here.

NotAllThatEvil
my point being that a flying faora is a completely hypothetical figure. If it was just standard movie faora we could argue that vision actually stood a chance as long as he kept his distance by flying and focused on her helmet to give her a super migrain. If she can fly she might have those other abilities too making this a completely one sided fight.

It's just like inigo montoya vs captain america, if inigo was injected with super soldier serum and had a lightsaber.

TH3_V01D
Did Ultron ever have a vibranium body? I thought that was Vision. In any case, his latest body survived prolonged blasts from Thor, IM and Vision without getting incinerated.
I found funny how people overhype that tri beam combo, Vision ''gem power'' really looked pretty lame and harmless compared to Doomsday nuclear vision.

Heck even Zod beams looked bigger and more destructive.

quanchi112
Ultron wins.

FrothByte
Originally posted by TH3_V01D
I found funny how people overhype that tri beam combo, Vision ''gem power'' really looked pretty lame and harmless compared to Doomsday nuclear vision.

Heck even Zod beams looked bigger and more destructive.

Except that Thor's lightning alone has far stronger feats than Zod's heat vision

CPT Space Bomb
Except that Thor's lightning alone has far stronger feats than Zod's heat vision Exactly. Thor has some of the most impressive on screen feats of any hero in films, WHEN HE USES HIS POWERS.

Thor 1- Easily defeats the Destroyer armor, something his comic version would have a near impossible time doing. Also displays incredible weather control (tornado with focused winds) in the process.

Avengers 1 - Defeats an entire Chutari Leviathan fleet with a charged lighting attack.

Avengers 2 - Obliterates an entire city/meteor with one attack, leaving nothing but rubble/debris.

TH3_V01D
He didnt hit Ultron with that though.

FrothByte
Originally posted by TH3_V01D
He didnt hit Ultron with that though.

Says who? All we know is he hit him with a prolonged duration of his lightning. Other than Ironman who absorbed his lightning, who else has survived a sustained lightning shot from Thor?

TheVaultDweller
The only other thing I can recall taking a sustained lightning blast and surviving was the Aether itself. And that is one of the Infinity stones, so it is hardly a low showing.

Zack M
Faora.

Henry_Pym
So this is Zod vs Ultron? Or else it's Faora (with Zod's feats & Superman's feat's) vs Ultron.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
So this is Zod vs Ultron? Or else it's Faora (with Zod's feats & Superman's feat's) vs Ultron. No it's Faora vs Ultron. Superman had the most impressive feats in MoS (he should, it's his movie...).

Faora was pretty good, but honestly she couldn't even double team Superman and win, while he was saving civilians.

Henry_Pym
But the OP added abilities to her, that are never shown... How do you not just copy/paste Zod's feats for her?

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
But the OP added abilities to her, that are never shown... How do you not just copy/paste Zod's feats for her?
True laughing

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
No it's Faora vs Ultron. Superman had the most impressive feats in MoS (he should, it's his movie...).

Faora was pretty good, but honestly she couldn't even double team Superman and win, while he was saving civilians.

Actually, they did just fine against him. By herself, she out fought him... When she had help... they temp KO'd him. I'd say, it wasn't a bad showing at all

ShadowFyre
Lmao, Faora was stomping Supes out. She lost due to the loss of mask. As to the match, not sure where people are saying that she rips him apart. She never showed that kind of strength but she should dominate whole fight.

And lol at Ultron stomping Thor. Thor let him hit him as a distraction and that was it. Thor never even hit Ultron.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.