Sweeping Senate Bill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
OBAMACARE DEADLINE
DEC 4 2015, 6:56 AM ET
Senate Passes Bill Repealing Key Parts of Obamacare, Stripping Planned Parenthood Funds

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/obamacare-deadline/senate-fights-over-planned-parenthood-funding-n473761

-Pr-
Obama will just veto it anyway, won't he?

Defunding PP screams lunacy to me, tbh. I doubt it'll actually pass.

Time-Immemorial
He cant if its 2/3 in the House.

-Pr-
It actually got 2/3? Really?

Ushgarak
Which it won't be, hence veto.

Time-Immemorial
It could, or they just keep whipping votes till it passes.

-Pr-
I hope it gets veto'd.

Time-Immemorial
I hope it doesn't. Planned parenthood does not need tax payer dollars.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
I hope it doesn't. Planned parenthood does not need tax payer dollars.

Where will it get its funding, then? It certainly needs funding.

Robtard
I hope it doesn't. Planned parenthood does not need tax payer dollars. I know you don't like abortions, but PP does so much more than just abortions. PP having to scale down due to less funding could/would have a drastic effect, which could include more abortions due to more women who are not ready for motherhood becoming pregnant because they lacked B/C and/or were ignorant about it.

Think about that for a moment. MORE abortions.

Tzeentch
The Republicans hold the house-majority, but they don't have enough sway to get a 2/3rds vote in the House.

And yes, PP needs tax payer dollars. It's a non-profit organization, like a charity organization, and contrary to what conservatives would have you believe the super-majority of services PP provides have nothing to do with performing abortions.

In actuality, many of the services PP provide decrease the number of abortions that can occur, due to their sex ed and contraception services.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
I know you don't like abortions, but PP does so much more than just abortions. PP having to scale down due to less funding could/would have a drastic effect, which could include more abortions due to more women who are not ready for motherhood becoming pregnant because they lacked B/C and/or were ignorant about it.

Think about that for a moment. MORE abortions.

They make enough money from abortions to fund themselves. Just because something is legal does mean it should be funded by the tax payers.

How many tax payer funded dollars go to citizens buying guns for themselves?

Robtard
They make enough money from abortions to fund themselves. Just because something is legal does mean it should be funded by the tax payers.

How many tax payer funded dollars go to citizens buying guns for themselves?

See, that is actually not true. It's been listed and sourced multiple times; by multiple people that abortions make up a very small amount of the total services PP handles.

Comparing gun ownership to an actual public safety service, it's a silly angle to use. There's actual fallout to not having those services PP provides, rise of STDs and unwanted pregnancies because people lack contraceptives and knowledge about sexual safety and prevention. There's women who are alive today because they were screened early by PP for things like cervical cancer.

Time-Immemorial
Put abortions under Obama care if it passes. And make it a government regulated.

Q99
Originally posted by -Pr-
Obama will just veto it anyway, won't he?

Defunding PP screams lunacy to me, tbh. I doubt it'll actually pass.

Right, and rarely has a veto been more deserved!

Aside from PP- which I agree, lunacy- there's also the matter of the "Repeal parts of Obamacare with no proposed replacement," stuff. Even if one wants Obamacare gone, one really needs a plan!

Still, at least the GOP is- (1) Getting their act together enough to throw protest-legislation (they've generally been incompetent enough to not even get stuff to the President's desk, because they don't seem to get how congress works, and thus have been doing better at shutdowns than even throwing stuff to the President for him to deal with), and (2) Doing so in a way that says, "Whoa, if you *don't* like this, get to the polls next election!".

Time-Immemorial
Rob?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.