Depowered Superman runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophía
Current Superman.

1. Captain America
2. Luke Cage
3. Spiderman
4. Namor
5. Hercules
6. Beta Ray Bill

How does this go?

deathslash

Inhuman
Spite thread. Superman easily clears barker

deathslash
Originally posted by Inhuman
Spite thread. Cap easily beats superman to death barker fixed

Surtur
So before I'm hearing he is the God of Strength, now he is apparently depowered. What the hell are they doing to this character?

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Surtur
So before I'm hearing he is the God of Strength, now he is apparently depowered. What the hell are they doing to this character?

I think the Darkseid War is taking place before he was depowered.

SquallX
Originally posted by deathslash
he doesn't make it past cap. God help him if he actually wins and gets to cage.

You do know Kal is not that depowered right?

Philosophía
he doesn't make it past cap. Any solid arguments as to why?

Inhuman
fixed

I was showing house of el/kryptonian counsel how its done thumb up

Khazra Reborn
Namor might end it, if not Hercules runs a train on him.

carver9
He isn't touching Spiderman. Spiderman drops him in my opinion.

Sin I AM
didn't depowered sm beat frankenstein? stops at her

Rao Kal El
Depowered Superman is 1 herc strong stick out tongue

Time-Immemorial
Depowerd Supes one shots beyonders like its going out of style

abhilegend
Eh?

carver9
Originally posted by Sin I AM
didn't depowered sm beat frankenstein? stops at her

Superman was amped and Frank was mind controlled.

LordofBrooklyn

Put a deathslash across your hands and stop posting your idiocy!

Delta1938
Originally posted by carver9

Apparently BOTH were amped. So..... (Shrugs)

Delta1938
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Put a deathslash across your hands and stop posting your idiocy!

laughing Fail.

deathslash

LordofBrooklyn
reported for not only not being funny but also for not being the least bit clever.

Report me to whom?

I'M UNTOUCHABLE!!!

Delta1938
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Report me to whom?

I'M SPECIAL!!!

Not in a way to be proud of.

deathslash
Originally posted by Delta1938
Not in a way to be proud of. laughing

abhilegend
I know that cap has a track record of pulling crazy wins out of his ass. I also know that cage is gonna take Clark's lunch money, bang both of his ex girlfriends at the same time, have his dad beat up Clark's dad, and then call Clark a b*tch. I kind of felt like playing devil's advocate? Is that a solid enough reason? On a more serious note, I can give you some actual reasons if you want. reported for not only not being funny but also for not being the least bit clever.
facepalmx

deathslash
Originally posted by abhilegend
facepalmx so I'd be correct in assuming that my statement made you want to commit suicide by facepalming? My job is done here.

DarkSaint85

Carver also fails to mention that Frank was amped by the same Black Mass, and Superman was ALSO mind-controlled by the same Black MAss (mind-controlled in the sense that he was not fully in control of himself).

But, you know, lies.

abhilegend
so I'd be correct in assuming that my statement made you want to commit suicide by facepalming? My job is done here. barker

carver9
Originally posted by Delta1938
Apparently BOTH were amped. So..... (Shrugs)

That power grown on Supes by then. He was using it in ways no one during that arc were using it. Blending in the shadows, traveling with it (literally jumping into his own shadow) and amping. Frank was in a rage the entire time. That's it. Supes had a huge advantage.

deathslash
Originally posted by abhilegend
barker giving you a headache is what helps me get up in the morning.

On a serious note though, I'd like to know just how strong depowered superman is.

StiltmanFTW
I think that's what we'd all like to know.

Steve would beat a fully powered Supes, btw. Punch of Freedom, Jab of Justice.

So would Cage. His blackness would simply absorb Superman's solar energy.

deathslash
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I think that's what we'd all like to know.

Steve would beat a fully powered Supes, btw. Punch of Freedom, Jab of Justice.

So would Cage. His blackness would simply absorb Superman's solar energy. thumb up he has a history of hurting and surviving against far more powerful characters.

Time-Immemorial
De powered Superman could possibly be stronger then Hercules and Thanos.

Philosophía
I'm curious to hear opinions.

I, for one, would say he stops at Namor.

deathslash

Philosophía
doubt it. No rest or replenished health means that between cap's skill and cage's durability and strength, he goes down quick. He's back to full health between fights.

deathslash
Too late buddy, we're already on the second page. stick out tongue

Philosophía
Too late buddy, we're already on the second page. stick out tongue You assumed wrong.

deathslash
You just didn't properly specify how the gauntlet works. Create another thread where he gets full rest between the fights and then we can talk. big grin

SquallX
thumb up he has a history of hurting and surviving against far more powerful characters.

Right, clearly Superman doesn't have a history of toppling foes outside of his range.

deathslash
Originally posted by SquallX
Right, clearly Superman doesn't have a history of toppling foes outside of his range. when he's fully powered? Sure, the guy does it all the time. When he's in his current depowered form? Pretty sure that vandal savage and a couple of his men straight up owned him.

Philosophía
Pretty sure that vandal savage and a couple of his men straight up owned him. And?

1). We don't know how powerfull current Vandal Savage is
2). Superman was already half dead by the time he confronted him

80sBaby
Cap could beat him simply because he's Cap.

Taking Cap's "aura" out of the equation, though, he stops around Cage/Spider-Man and NO WAY does he beat Namor.

Philosophía
Originally posted by 80sBaby
NO WAY does he beat Namor. He's already beaten Black Manta, who has given Aquaman fits. He's also grappled with Arthur and shrugged off his hits . Why do you act like Namor stomps him?

80sBaby
The fact that he was almost killed by armor-piercing bullets.

His highs might put him at Namor's average showings but Namor still has higher feats over all so I give him the definite nod.

Philosophía
The fact that he was almost killed by armor-piercing bullets. The bullets were tailor-made for him of an whole new caliber. Don't read just the scans you see on the forum.

His highs might put him at Namor's average showings but Namor still has higher feats over all so I give him the definite nod. I also gave Namor the nod, but you act like it's a stomp.

There's no such thing as "highs" when the dude's been appearing only for 6 months.
In this meantime, he's beaten Black Manta, done well against Aquaman, tanked attacks from a clone having 80% of his full power and then numbed him, beaten Killer Croc, beaten Livewire and tanked her attacks, beaten Atomic Skull and beaten Parasite.

That's a rather good average.

80sBaby
I read the actual comic but thanks for the condescension.

And, as I recall, they weren't created with any type of weakness exploitation. They were described as high, velocity armor-piercing rounds. I don't recall them as being "Superman specific" or anything. I'm not at home but if you have the scans to show otherwise, that'd be appreciated.

And yes, there are "highs" as well as "lows" considering the number of appearances he's had in those 6 months. I don't consider either Atomic Skull nor Parasite to be on Namor's level. And, I didn't say his average was "low" but it's lower than Namor's. I'd place him a little below Thing-level.

Galan007
@ Phil.

I can't respond to your PM due to the wacky character in your username, but yes, that definitely puts Darkseid's power into perspective... Especially given that the CB was stated to possess infinite power on the very same page:
http://i.imgur.com/0YqVKuJ.jpg
ie. Darkseid's power~CB=infinite.

Heck, Darkseid's power could very well have been greater than the CB's... It was just the closest match in the universe that Mother Box could find.

It's also worth noting that the Omega power Lex inherited from Darkseid was stated to be infinite as well:
http://i.imgur.com/GOv80N5.jpg

SquallX
when he's fully powered? Sure, the guy does it all the time. When he's in his current depowered form? Pretty sure that vandal savage and a couple of his men straight up owned him.

It's still the same thing actually.

True, new 52 haven't struggle as much, but even when fully powered he still fought far beyond his power set.

Morrison's ending on Action Comics. Kal was fighting while he was weakened with Kryptonite being the best ex.

Zack M
when he's fully powered? Sure, the guy does it all the time. When he's in his current depowered form? Pretty sure that vandal savage and a couple of his men straight up owned him.

Vandal would destroy Cap. He was fighting Pandora (who has hundreds of years experience in combat/Martial Arts) and was getting pierced by swords and whatnot. His healing is more impressive and he's immortal.

Philosophía
And yes, there are "highs" as well as "lows" considering the number of appearances he's had in those 6 months. I don't consider either Atomic Skull nor Parasite to be on Namor's level. And, I didn't say his average was "low" but it's lower than Namor's. I'd place him a little below Thing-level.

I'm at work also, but it says that's they're specially made, of a strange caliber. It's on the page where Wonder Woman is treating him, after the fight.

And yes, there are "highs" as well as "lows" considering the number of appearances he's had in those 6 months. I don't consider either Atomic Skull nor Parasite to be on Namor's level. And, I didn't say his average was "low" but it's lower than Namor's. I'd place him a little below Thing-level. I'd also put him at Thing level and say he stops at Namor, so we're not on different pages, there. I don't think Namor is that far off either Thing or him, though, which is where we differ.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Galan007
@ Phil.

I can't respond to your PM due to the wacky character in your username, but yes, that definitely puts Darkseid's power into perspective... Especially given that the CB was stated to possess infinite power on the very same page:
http://i.imgur.com/0YqVKuJ.jpg
ie. Darkseid's power~CB=infinite.

Heck, Darkseid's power could very well have been greater than the CB's... It was just the closest match in the universe that Mother Box could find.

It's also worth noting that the Omega power Lex inherited from Darkseid was stated to be infinite as well:
http://i.imgur.com/GOv80N5.jpg Forum is starting to break down. I also have problems quoting some people.

As for the rest, thumb up.

That just solidified Darkseid's power as being ridiculous in the New52 incarnation for me.

Glad to see the New Gods getting respect.

Galan007
http://i.imgur.com/vA5RPAg.jpg

Definitely. thumb up

ShadowFyre
Not sure how he does against rest, but if he gets past Herc, he loses hard at BRB.

RealityWarper
Stops at 1.

deathslash
Originally posted by RealityWarper
Stops at 1. this kid knows how it is.

SquallX
this kid knows how it is.

No he doesn't.

Saying a Superman while depowered took on Parasite stops only aa cap is ludicrous.

deathslash
Originally posted by SquallX
No he doesn't.

Saying a Superman while depowered took on Parasite stops only aa cap is ludicrous. you're right. He stops way before cap. He probably trips on a rock and dies from the pain because he's never experienced anything as painful as scraping his knee.

carver9
How is he beating Spiderman?

deathslash
How is he beating Spiderman? spider-man? The real question here is how he beats Luke cage. The guy has feats like fighting namor underwater, knocking out the thing, briefly stalemating wonderman, putting the hulk on his ass, tanking attacks from heroim, stalemating proxima, beating on iron man, etc.

SquallX
The bullshit and stupidity is high in this thread.

carver9
spider-man? The real question here is how he beats Luke cage. The guy has feats like fighting namor underwater, knocking out the thing, briefly stalemating wonderman, putting the hulk on his ass, tanking attacks from heroim, stalemating proxima, beating on iron man, etc.

Spidey speed, webbing, and Pre cog make things extremely difficult for him.

Time-Immemorial
De powered Supes could probably one shot spiderman.

carver9
Based on what? I need to know what showings of this Superman is making people say this, especially against Spiderman who is magnitudes more faster than him with webbing and the strength to knock him out.

Delta1938
Based on what? I need to know what showings of this Superman is making people say this, especially against Spiderman who is magnitudes more faster than him with webbing and the strength to knock him out.

I'll keep this in mind for any future Superman vs Hulk topics.

Zack M
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
De powered Supes could probably one shot spiderman.

Probably.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.