Wolverine vs Bucky

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HulkIsHulk
Wolverine and Bucky go at each other in baseball stadium. Bucky has a knife. Both at high end feats

Placidity
Bucky is more skilled and has the strength to potentially KO Wolverine.

However, Wolvie only needs one good stab in.

Juk3n
High end feats means wolverine wins. Durability and regen off the charts. Not as skilled but he's walking through everything Bucky throws.

HulkIsHulk
Do you think its possible Wolverine with his high end feats will be able to KO Bucky with strength?

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Do you think its possible Wolverine with his high end feats will be able to KO Bucky with strength? Wolverine wins. The healing factor basically negates what Bucky can do.

Arachnid1
Wolvies been KOed by less much less, multiple times.

A good punch with that metal arm will put Wolverine out for the count. On the other hand, one good stab will end things for Bucky real quick. Considering Bucky was keeping up with Widow and Cap in a fight, I'd give him the majority. Wolverine constantly gets handled by more agile enemies like Mystique or Lady deathstrike. I wouldn't say WS is quite on that level, but Widow definitely is. He should be skilled and quick enough to avoid Wolverines blows long enough to lay him out with one or two punches.

I'd give the majority to WS. 6/10

Time-Immemorial
It takes one swing for from logan bucky to lose his arm, it takes 2 to lose both.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Wolvies been KOed by less much less, multiple times.

A good punch with that metal arm will put Wolverine out for the count. On the other hand, one good stab will end things for Bucky real quick. Considering Bucky was keeping up with Widow and Cap in a fight, I'd give him the majority. Wolverine constantly gets handled by more agile enemies like Mystique or Lady deathstrike. I wouldn't say WS is quite on that level, but Widow definitely is. He should be skilled and quick enough to avoid Wolverines blows long enough to lay him out with one or two punches.

I'd give the majority to WS. 6/10 When has Movie Wolvie been "ko'd a BUNCH of times?" Please list.. waiting.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
It takes one swing for from logan bucky to lose his arm, it takes 2 to lose both.

Yeah. Lol. Bucky's small advantages arent getting past that healing factor and those claws. All logan has to do in this or pretty much most fights is keep his chin tucked and let them come to him wait for a good oppurtunity and its over.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
When has Movie Wolvie been "ko'd a BUNCH of times?" Please list.. waiting. Off the top of my head? He's been KOed twice by a bullet to the head, and Sabertooth knocked him out with a tree branch lol. I know theres been other instances too. Wolverine has never been that great with blunt force trauma, and WS has no shortage of that.

Time-Immemorial
So every time he gets hit in the head, he gets KO'd? That was the beast mode saber who hit him with a entire tree and Logans first showing..

You are doing some massive lowballing, he took hits to the head from blob, who's same fist stopped a tank shell point blank range.

ShadowFyre
Thosebarebthe only two instances to my knowledge except Magneto may have done ot once throwing him I think.

Bucky can definitely knock him out but thats a lot less likely to happen than him getting cut by those huge claws. Theyre pretty damn big and Logan isnt as fast but he is fast enough to stick his hand up and Bucky's own strength will do all the work for him.

CPT Space Bomb
Off the top of my head? He's been KOed twice by a bullet to the head, and Sabertooth knocked him out with a tree branch lol. I know theres been other instances too. Wolverine has never been that great with blunt force trauma, and WS has no shortage of that. Wolverine has been around for a LOONG time in the films. And for every low showing (getting shot in the head when he wasn't expecting it btw), he's got alot higher showings. WS is definitely the more skilled h2h fighter, but Wolverine has too much going for him. Can WS possibly get some wins? Sure. But Wolverine is definitely taking the majority.

Time-Immemorial
Literally all he just has to hang back and block with his claws and bucky would lose limbs..

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
So every time he gets hit in the head, he gets KO'd? That was the beast mode saber who hit him with a entire tree and Logans first showing..

You are doing some massive lowballing, he took hits to the head from blob, who's same fist stopped a tank shell point blank range. That says more about Blobs durability than strength. Blob is immovable. Thats his main super power, and its what he's known for. The momentum of the shell wouldn't push him back. The shell might as well have been shot at an adamantium wall.

Beast mode Sabes had no good feats in that movie. If anything, he was downgraded from Origins in terms of ability. And that being Logans first showing means nothing here, considering it's one of his last showings chronologically. He wasn't new to anything.

Blob was making Wolverine look like a child that fight. The only reason he lost was because he headbutt Wolvies metal skull and almost knocked himself out. If Blob can outfight Wolverine and have no trouble tagging him, WS would have no trouble connecting multiple hits of his own to knock him out before Wolverine guts him.

And its not low balling. Wolverine has an awesome healing factor, and can take tons of damage, but he's never been good with blunt damage. Thats been his undoing time and time again.

Plus, your acting like I think WS stomps. He doesn't. I barely gave him the majority at 6/10. They're almost split. WS just has enough going on to slightly tip it in his favor.

Time-Immemorial
He has to get a KO 6 out of 10 times...

Thats like saying if they fought 10 times in a row, he's getting knocked out 6 out of 10 times..its a little unfair if you ask me.

I think its 3/10 and bucky loses at least 1 arm every time.

ShadowFyre
That says more about Blobs durability than strength. Blob is immovable. Thats his main super power, and its what he's known for. The momentum of the shell wouldn't push him back. The shell might as well have been shot at an adamantium wall.

Beast mode Sabes had no good feats in that movie. If anything, he was downgraded from Origins in terms of ability. And that being Logans first showing means nothing here, considering it's one of his last showings chronologically. He wasn't new to anything.

Blob was making Wolverine look like a child that fight. The only reason he lost was because he headbutt Wolvies metal skull and almost knocked himself out. If Blob can outfight Wolverine and have no trouble tagging him, WS would have no trouble connecting multiple hits of his own to knock him out before Wolverine guts him.

And its not low balling. Wolverine has an awesome healing factor, and can take tons of damage, but he's never been good with blunt damage. Thats been his undoing time and time again.

Plus, your acting like I think WS stomps. He doesn't. I barely gave him the majority at 6/10. They're almost split. WS just has enough going on to slightly tip it in his favor.

You have a good argument and I agree with pretty much everything but I dont think your seeing the importance of those hax claws. Logan literally does not have to move, throw a punch, or a swing. He just has to wait for Bucky and move one of his hands from point A to point B and Bucky becomes severely, if not terminally wounded.

If the op had given Bucky any form of weapon that had a decent range and would allow Bucky to safely get past the claws and get a ko chance in I would give him edge. But a knife? Hes better off without it honestly, it would overall do less damage than a punch.

carthage
Logan

FrothByte
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
You have a good argument and I agree with pretty much everything but I dont think your seeing the importance of those hax claws. Logan literally does not have to move, throw a punch, or a swing. He just has to wait for Bucky and move one of his hands from point A to point B and Bucky becomes severely, if not terminally wounded.

If the op had given Bucky any form of weapon that had a decent range and would allow Bucky to safely get past the claws and get a ko chance in I would give him edge. But a knife? Hes better off without it honestly, it would overall do less damage than a punch.

This argument does not work, as Mystique clearly was able to hit Logan multiple times without losing a hand.

ShadowFyre
Yeah, because he was swinging wildly and was outclassed. Same as he would by Bucky no doubt. My argument is 110% sound if he uses that tactic. The main difference is available target areas. Bucky has to get a square hit on Logans jaw and it has to be a tko to win this fight.Logan can justbplay defense and Bucky will eventually bleed out or slow down enough for Logan to safely close in.

FrothByte
Yeah, because he was swinging wildly and was outclassed. Same as he would by Bucky no doubt. My argument is 110% sound if he uses that tactic. The main difference is available target areas. Bucky has to get a square hit on Logans jaw and it has to be a tko to win this fight.Logan can justbplay defense and Bucky will eventually bleed out or slow down enough for Logan to safely close in.

The problem with your scenario is that you're assuming Wolverine is fast enough to block Bucky's fists with his claws. I don't recall Wolverine displaying such reflexes. Even top level martial artists have a hard time catching another's fist, especially is that person knows how to throw a punh.

Plus, Bucky doesn't need to punch Logan in the jaw immediately. His healing factor doesn't mean he's immune to pain. If he gets punched in the gut he's going to double over. A punch to his kidneys will still hurt him. Let's not pretend that Wolverine can just tank Bucky's blows

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by FrothByte
The problem with your scenario is that you're assuming Wolverine is fast enough to block Bucky's fists with his claws. I don't recall Wolverine displaying such reflexes. Even top level martial artists have a hard time catching another's fist, especially is that person knows how to throw a punch.
Plus, Bucky doesn't need to punch Logan in the jaw immediately. His healing factor doesn't mean he's immune to pain. If he gets punched in the gut he's going to double over. A punch to his kidneys will still hurt him. Let's not pretend that Wolverine can just tank Bucky's blows
Its not like high end Logan is simply going to fold in few hits either

FrothByte
Its not like high end Logan is simply going to fold in few hits either

Ok. Show me Wolverine tanking direct hits from someone with Bucky's strength (especially bionic arm) without folding for even a few seconds.

ShadowFyre
The problem with your scenario is that you're assuming Wolverine is fast enough to block Bucky's fists with his claws. I don't recall Wolverine displaying such reflexes. Even top level martial artists have a hard time catching another's fist, especially is that person knows how to throw a punh.

He doesent have to be that fast if he is on the defensive, just keep his guard up and move his hands a few inches. He is fast enough for that, and it would be a guaranteed win every time. The main problem with my scenario is that Logan does not normally fight like that and would leave him open to the ko shots.

ShadowFyre
Ok. Show me Wolverine tanking direct hits from someone with Bucky's strength (especially bionic arm) without folding for even a few seconds.

Yeah, if Bucky got a gut shot in, Logan would fold or be knocked back. The arm is more than strong enough for that.

HulkIsHulk
Would several trees falling on him, then thrown by Sabretooth onto a speeding truck and then falling and getting his claws crushed by Sabes withotut adamantium do for you?
Originally posted by KingD19
Hulk is right.
During Logan's first fight with Sabretooth in Origins, after dropping a few tons of trees on him, Sabretooth picks one off of him, then yanks him up and tosses him in front of a speeding truck. He gets bounced up, bounces off some more trees, then falls on the train tracks where Victor snaps his claws.
Even in DoFP Magneto blasted him hundreds of feet away and he smacked into the water going a pretty good speed with multiple heavy pieces of metal piercing his body. He seemed just fine when they pulled him out.
0N7ZDpIbx10?t
Skip to about 2:40 to see how easy it was for Victor to hoist that tree up. That thing is a few hundred pounds at the least.

FrothByte
Would several trees falling on him, then thrown by Sabretooth onto a speeding truck and then falling and getting his claws crushed by Sabes withotut adamantium do for you?

That just proves my point. He was clearly hurt by all those shots. He didn't simply tank them, he was groaning and moaning and having trouble getting up.

HulkIsHulk
That just proves my point. He was clearly hurt by all those shots. He didn't simply tank them, he was groaning and moaning and having trouble getting up.
He wasn't out cold and he didn't even have adamantium. So I am saying if Wolverine isn't considerable damaged he can fight through the pain

ShadowFyre
Those are great and helluva lot more power than what bucky can dish out. But I think he means a pinpoint shot to the gut. Obviously weaker but those attacks were absorbed by Logans whole body if that makes sense?

Its a little different. And when he says fold Im pretty sure he nust meant double over, not just fold up and the fights over.

Good fight though, agree with all of froths stuff, just think Bucky will lose a limb before Logan gets knocked out is all.

FrothByte
He doesent have to be that fast if he is on the defensive, just keep his guard up and move his hands a few inches. He is fast enough for that, and it would be a guaranteed win every time. The main problem with my scenario is that Logan does not normally fight like that and would leave him open to the ko shots.

It's not quite that easy. There's a reason why boxers cover up or dodge and weave instead of moving their hands to block their opponents punches. It's not easy. As I said, if Wolverine was really that skilled, then Mystique and Sabertooth wouldn't have been able to hit him multiple times without getting their hands cut to ribbons. You did mention that Logan doesn't always fight like that, I just want one scenario that proves he actually has the reflexes to pull something like that off.

HulkIsHulk
It's not quite that easy. There's a reason why boxers cover up or dodge and weave instead of moving their hands to block their opponents punches. It's not easy. As I said, if Wolverine was really that skilled, then Mystique and Sabertooth wouldn't have been able to hit him multiple times without getting their hands cut to ribbons. You did mention that Logan doesn't always fight like that, I just want one scenario that proves he actually has the reflexes to pull something like that off.
Well in Last Stand he was blocking all those spikes that mutant threw at him. OR when he was blocking the sword strikes in The Wolverine. Or when he outmaneuvered Victor in Origins. He dodged some attacks from Deathstrike. There is a predecent

FrothByte
He wasn't out cold and he didn't even have adamantium. So I am saying if Wolverine isn't considerable damaged he can fight through the pain

I never said he was going to get knocked out cold from a gut or kidney punch. I said he was going to fold, double over, crumple, etc...

That was clearly the case in the video you showed me.

FrothByte
Well in Last Stand he was blocking all those spikes that mutant threw at him. OR when he was blocking the sword strikes in The Wolverine. Or when he outmaneuvered Victor in Origins. He dodged some attacks from Deathstrike. There is a predecent

Projectiles thrown at you from a distance, especially ones that don't travel in high velocity, are easier to block since you have more time to react to them.

Sword strikes are easier to block than punches. Proof? Ask anyone who does sword fighting, and they'll tell you that it's possible to block sword strikes with your own sword or long weapon. Pretty common to actually block sword strikes. Ask anyone who does h2h martial arts and they'll tell you it's very hard to block another's punch with your own hands if the person delivering the blow is trained and skilled.

Dodging strikes from Deathstrike and Sabertooth is not the same as outrightly catching someone's fist in your hand (or claws). You need a specific feat for that. Thor catching IM's punch for example. Or Wolverine catching someone's fist with his claws.

HulkIsHulk
Well, he doesn't have to catch it, just keep the pointed end between him and Bucky's arm and the arm will get messed up

FrothByte
Well, he doesn't have to catch it, just keep the pointed end between him and Bucky's arm and the arm will get messed up

As I said, if it was that easy then why didn't he ever use that tactic? Especially when he was getting hit multiple times by Mystique or Sabertooth?

Utrigita
Wolverine for the win, bucky has to get in close to do damage to Wolverine and that isn't imo the best place to be.

abhilegend
Juggernaut didn't ko Logan with several strikes.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by abhilegend
Juggernaut didn't ko Logan with several strikes.
Oh yeah. I had forgotten about that.

carthage
Logan's healing factor, adamantium frame, and claws are probably too much in the end. Also its not like Bucky will immediately KO him, and wouldn't he hurt himself by striking Logan with his fleshy hand? Once Logan connects he's done for, and he has the aforementioned healing factor that can shrug off at least an initial onslaught.

Its a decent fight though imho

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.