Jimmy Carter vs Bill Clinton

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
Who was a better president and who is a better former president.

My vote is Jimmy for Pres and Bill for former.

red g jacks
i think clinton was a better president than carter.... admittedly i don't know much about carter, but i know he gutted the military which is a dumb move and i think his incompetence is ultimately what lead the country to turn right... though i could be wrong.

clinton was an overrated president by liberals but he didn't do a terrible job, i don't think. his biggest mistake was not just being straight forward about the fact that he got caught cheating. which in terms of running the country... is only of symbolic importance. or actually.. his real mistake is that if he was gonna cheat he should've picked someone who wouldn't get so emotionally invested.

Omega Vision
Carter was a pretty uninspiring president. He was elected because people had a bad taste in their mouth from Nixon and Ford, and they wanted someone completely different. That's it.

Clinton wins both categories.

Time-Immemorial
I'm old enough to really remember Clinton. He didn't seem that inspiring to me. Was he charismatic, yes. But I never aspired to be like him.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
I'm old enough to really remember Clinton. He didn't seem that inspiring to me. Was he charismatic, yes. But I never aspired to be like him.
I never said Clinton was inspiring, just that Carter definitely wasn't.

Time-Immemorial
I never said you did, I was having a conversation with you.

Omega Vision
If Bill Clinton were a superhero, his catch phrase would be "I did not have sexual relations with that woman, but I will **** you up."

Time-Immemorial
laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.