Vader vs. Revan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel95
Each are in their prime.

1. Sabers

2. Force

3. All out.

Who wins, and why?

DarthAnt66
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdNn5TZu6R8

AncientPower
1.Vader, far better saber feats and accolades.

2.Revan, greater knowledge, far wider array of techniques.

3.Vader, too durable, too powerful and can take whatever attacks Revan throws at him, whereas once Vader is close he's going to score fatal injuries.

DarthAnt66
I propose a temporarilytemporary truce between the Order of Revan and the PT Brigade to focus all potential flame war on AncientPower.

AncientPower
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I propose a temporarily truce

The American institution of education at its finest.

But let me guess, Revan has better telekinesis because his GF/BFF said he had uber unmatched command of the Force, therefore Revan > Nihilus > Vader in TK right? Because that's totes legit scaling rite der.

DarthAnt66
*iPhone 5s auto-correction roll eyes (sarcastic)

DarthAnt66
Anyway, I guess to start off this discussion, can anyone* actually show me impressive lightsaber / combat displays by Darth Vader besides 'killer?

The only thing that comes to mind is Obi-Wan Kenobi on the Death Star. I don't see how that's head-over-heels better than Revan like most say.

Revan's triumph over uber-amped Darth Malak is more impressive than that. Darth Vader's title as Jedi Killer is inferior to Revan's army feats.

Darth Vader may be physically stronger and have the edge in technical skill but Revan's faster, more experienced, and has Battle Precognition.

*Besides AncientPower

EDIT: 1:15 AM expanded upon my post.

FreshestSlice
I'm kind of bummed we got Juyo to leave. I want him to ask Anicent about her butthurt, and why it's so intense.

DarthAnt66
Freshest and I are still recovering from the sheer rapening Juyo unleashed.

|King Joker|
Juyo was a ****ing savage.

DarthAnt66
NewGuy01 Quoting Post in Thread Vader vs. Revan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7hBZNsPnyg&t=0m54s

FreshestSlice
Does the phrase "rectal implosion" mean anything to you, Ancient? It's not pretty; let me tell you.

NewGuy01
*iPhone 5s auto-correction roll eyes (sarcastic)

Am I the only one who gets the vibe that Ant is way too proud of owning a 5s? laughing

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Am I the only one who gets the vibe that Ant is way too proud of owning a 5s? laughing
Dude, I literally just got the 5s yesterday.

So yes, I'm ****ing proud of it over my old 4s.

NewGuy01
NewGuy01 Quoting Post in Thread Vader vs. Revan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7hBZNsPnyg&t=0m54s

http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/841309534.gif

EDIT: What a coincidence, I got a 6s just a couple days ago. Get mad.

DarthAnt66
Hm, it might be the 6s, actually.

How many rows / columns of icons does the 6s have?

Mine has 6 columns (up and down) and 4 rows (light and right).

DarthAnt66
I HAVE THE 6S!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dJolYw8tnk

NewGuy01
Depends on the settings you choose when you're setting up the phone.

EDIT: Congratulations, there are no notable new features. thumb up

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by NewGuy01
EDIT: Congratulations, there are no notable new features. thumb up
Well, way to be that guy. roll eyes (sarcastic)

NewGuy01
Indeed, I am the best at it.

Beniboybling
Anyway, I guess to start off this discussion, can anyone* actually show me impressive lightsaber / combat displays by Darth Vader besides 'killer?Is there some reason why his performance against Starkiller is not relevant?Considering it puts him in Jedi killing prowess above Darth Malgus, whose battlefield feats have never been replicated (by Revan or anyone else) and Tulak Hord, who defeated an army of 1,000 Jedi in the Battle of Chabosh, I'd say it does.

Kinda of puts him above Revan as a Jedi killer as well. winkTrue dat. Which he'll counter with strength and superior technique.What advantages does Revan's experience afford that Vader lacks?Which let's be honest is his only absolute advantage, but it won't carry him.

DarthAnt66
Because he specifically knew Starkiller's fighting style, combat techniques, etc.

---

I was referring to his title as a Jedi killer, not the end-all, be-all killer.

I don't think any quote establishes Vader as such since Book of the Sith.

And his killings are hardly "battlefield"-related accomplishments anyway.

---

Just like he's going to counter Tano with superior strength and technique?

Strength isn't a counter to speed. You can't pound what you can't touch.

Darth Vader's fights with Jedi during the Great Jedi Purge is proof of this.

Battlefield experience is a greater tool to have than technical mastery.

Not only that but extensive battlefield experience can lead to mastery too.

I haven't seen any proof Vader even has technical mastery over Revan.

FreshestSlice
I'd like to fanboy here, but I'm still coming to terms with the fact I defended Vader more than I did Jesus last night.

DarthAnt66
Embrace Bandonism, the belief in a being beyond God, and his son, the Taris Sith Governor, who saved us from our wrongful patrol patterns.

DarthAnt66
BTW Beni, please don't type the ****ing Holy Bible part 3 to my response.

Keep it short and concise or I probably just won't respond in all honesty, thanks.

|King Joker|
You can't pound what you can't touch. http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g246/sey115/tumblr_mui13mvefy1rkvl19o1_400_zps32c98e69.gif

DarthAnt66

DarthAnt66
Beni's literally been responding to my post for over half an hour I think, kek

FreshestSlice
BTW Beni, please don't type the ****ing Holy Bible part 3 to my response.

Keep it short and concise or I probably just won't respond in all honesty, thanks.
Tbh, Beni, this isn't even a joke. Who writes an entire dissertation on why the Jedi should just let the Separatist win.

Beniboybling
Assuming I don't do other things while responding to your crap. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Beniboybling
Because he specifically knew Starkiller's fighting style, combat techniques, etc.The same being true of the reverse, not that that is any guarantee of victory.Right because I wasn't? Malgus fought against the Jedi Order during the Great Galactic War, killing many Jedi, and Tulak Hord defeated 1,000 Jedi during the battle of Chabosh.

They are Jedi killers who Vader is superior to as far as killing Jedi goes, or rather as combatants.

So it stands to reason that he can replicate their cited battlefield/combat related accomplishments. Especially considering Hord's feat is essentially the slaughter of Jedi.No shit lol. Unless you are actually implying she will win.I cringed tbh.

Yes speed does give one an evasive advantage against a slower strength-orientated duelist, but it remains a fact that if they lack the strength advantage, they cannot meet their opponent head on without incurring a disadvantage. That puts them on the defense, and forces them to expend energy evading, while minimising oppurtunities to launch a counterattack.

And if pushed into a tight spot where they cannot evade, they are screwed.Provide some (dated) examples. Your slow cyborg argument doesn't really stack up to his performance against Starkiller, who Vader repeatedly overpowers with his strength, and fails to himself achieve any real advantage with speed.
I haven't seen any proof of Revan's technical mastery at all tbh.

DarthAnt66
Making this as short as possible because I have no interest in this discussion with you:

Last time I checked they stalemated, or 'killer won, so laughing out loud

---

You missed the point. Quote me where it says Vader is superior since 2011 - 2012.

---

She's going to pose a threat / challenge despite Vader's strength and superior mastery.

---

Or they dodge their opponents power attacks, kek

We've seen this explicitly happen before in the comics.

Revan's Teleportation will suffice if he's in a jam.

---

Like I said, I don't care for 'killer. Vader knew how to fight him. He won't with Revan.

And no, I'm not going to ignore every Vader fight besides his one will 'killer, that's retarded.

---

To simply be a Jedi Knight you need to have at least mastered two to three fighting styles, bro.

Technical mastery is the most overrated thing ever.

You failed to respond last debate in regards to Kreia's quotes, remember?

Beniboybling
Making this as short as possible because I have no interest in this discussion with you:>Calls for a discussion
>Whines when engaged in one
>Gets stomped in the polls

laughing out loud Check again, Vader has his dead to rights twice over, the first time Marek escapes with a cheap shot, and the second time literally bluffs his way out.

Then Witwer comes along and says Vader let him win.Wanna explain why I should first?For reasons you are assuming.Lol, you missed the point, dodging doesn't win battles, it just expends energy and gives ground. Tell me did any of those instances end with Vader losing?Granted.Lol @ this blatant confirmation biased.Which is why I asked for dates, Vader lack of mobility became less and less of a problem as he grew accustomed to his suit, and grew more powerful. Unless its around 0 ABY or later its circumspect.
Well that's a start lol.Inb4 reasons.You mean Aurbere's point that Revan was a warrior? Hardly proves he mastered all seven styles.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Beniboybling
>Calls for a discussion
>Whines when engaged in one
>Gets stomped in the polls
I meant with ares, Freshest, actual Vader supporters on KMC, etc.

Why would I ****ing want to debate you when we're all having a Vader x Revan debate on SWTOR?

Actually, scratch that, why would I ****ing want to debate you in general, kek?

The polls fluctuate. KMC's in the pro-Vader mood with his new comics coming out ever month. Not much of a surprise.

The same thing happened with Quinlan Vos. It calmed down a couple months after it was over, TBH.

FreshestSlice
I have Vader and Revan pretty even, tbh, so I stay away from most of these.

DarthAnt66
The gap I have between Revan and Vader is like a >= (i.e. extremely small).

Dark-Kenshin
It's a good fight (especially with Vader's recent feats), but my main man Revan takes this. Too fast and too smart for Vader. Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee!

Beniboybling
I meant with ares, Freshest, actual Vader supporters on KMC, etc.

Why would I ****ing want to debate you when we're all having a Vader x Revan debate on SWTOR?

Actually, scratch that, why would I ****ing want to debate you in general, kek? Lol if you didn't want to have a debate you shouldn't have responded in the first place. But whining about it midway is just obnoxious.Well those comics aren't stopping any time soon. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.