Paris Climate Talks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lucius
I didn't see a thread for this. Has anyone been following the climate talks in Paris? I've been seeing a lot of optimism in the blogsphere, but I'm personally skeptical that anything will come of it.

US involvement is predicated on Obama's successor not being Republican, and I can't imagine any plan holding together if the US isn't also part the deal.

I will say that I was encouraged by seeing a number of very rich and important business leaders saying that climate change/global warming is a big problem.

Time-Immemorial
I made a thread about it, ithe best part was some liberal activist suing Obama because he says he hasn't done enough for climate change.

As to your thoughts, I agree, has almost zero chance of holding together, because this circumvents congress.

Surtur
No the best part was some kid apparently suing Obama right? Whatever happened to that little shithead?

Time-Immemorial
I just said the best part was him suing Obamalaughing out loud

Surtur
Yes but you just called him a liberal activist, it needs to be pointed out he needs mommy and daddy to get into an R rated movie. But has he disappeared? Are they still trying to go through with this nonsense?

Time-Immemorial
He is a activist though. He will disappear and emerge from the halls of justice at the Supreme Court with his victory over the Obama administration.

Surtur
Surely they aren't going to let this kid take this to court. For me a little girl who lost her tooth and received no money and decided to sue the tooth fairy..that girl's case would have more merit.

Time-Immemorial
We can't discriminate though, him just like clock boy have real case winners here.

Surtur
If this is where not discriminating leads us to then thanks, but no thanks.

Time-Immemorial
laughing out loud

carthage
These sorts of talks never go anywhere beyond bureaucratic wrangling, ideas that are never followed through, and attempting to bind more economically powerful countries onto protocols that are never followed by smaller countries. This seems to be the trend every year, that they make ideas regarding emissions, print out labyrinthine climate forecasts/trends for the years to come, but its all ineffective becaue countries like China/The US stonewall any recommendations by the IPCC and other climate research organizations. So I ask what the **** is the point of trying to act like we're concerned, when the steps towards actually remedying supposedly manmade climate change are so feeble?

Surtur
Yes for me whenever I hear of a bunch of filthy rich people getting together..no matter what reason they give for why, I always just think it's mostly so they can polish each others knobs.

Surtur
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
We can't discriminate though, him just like clock boy have real case winners here.

This is also funny because in this country we have bonafide legal discrimination and yet people act like discriminating is bad and yet...affirmative action is totally cool.

So we can totally discriminate as long as the discrimination is against whites and helps minorities. But hey .

Omega Vision
If countries were as serious about tackling climate change as they were terrorism, we'd be a-okay.

Originally posted by Surtur
This is also funny because in this country we have bonafide legal discrimination and yet people act like discriminating is bad and yet...affirmative action is totally cool.

So we can totally discriminate as long as the discrimination is against whites and helps minorities. But hey .
With affirmative action, in a lot of cases it's needed, because there's still plenty of latent racism that makes getting certain jobs more difficult for minorities.

It's not ideal, but the alternative is basically just to hope against reason that employers won't be racially biased, which simply won't work.

Surtur
Originally posted by Omega Vision
If countries were as serious about tackling climate change as they were terrorism, we'd be a-okay.

This is true, unfortunately for some whether they know it or not they don't care as much because they don't think they will see any serious effects of climate change in their own lifetime.

In other words sometimes discrimination is necessary. I can't say I disagree with such a viewpoint.

Star428
Like I've said before, this is a hoax. Not only that, but it's one that's costing us 4 billion dollars a day:

Straight from the mouth of the founder of the Weather Channel:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/clarifications-corrections/526191/Climate-change-is-a-lie-global-warming-not-real-claims-weather-channel-founder

Costing us $4,000,000,000 a day:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/08/08/climate-change-the-hoax-that-costs-us-4-billion-a-day/

Ascendancy
It comes down to money. They companies who stand to profit from cleaner, more efficient systems are the ones making it happen. They get the lobbyists, the put up the capital, and they stay on task until whatever their projects are get done.

I will say that individuals have the ability to make a difference, though. When I was at home I pressed my parents about recycling, and they and I'm sure others pressed the garbage company until they started recycling pick up. We didn't even have to push the garbage out more than every other week because so much of what we use everyday can be recycled. Note, though, that it costs extra for the recycling pick up, so the company gets paid there, and makes money off of the recycling.

Again, it's money that makes it all happen.

Surtur
Originally posted by Star428
Like I've said before, this is a hoax. Not only that, but it's one that's costing us 4 billion dollars a day:

Straight from the mouth of the founder of the Weather Channel:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/clarifications-corrections/526191/Climate-change-is-a-lie-global-warming-not-real-claims-weather-channel-founder

Costing us $4,000,000,000 a day:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/08/08/climate-change-the-hoax-that-costs-us-4-billion-a-day/

You don't believe in evolution though. So you see why you calling this a hoax is..meaningless.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.