Vader & Sidious run a guantlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel95
Vader and Sidious as of ROTJ

1. CW Maul, Savage Opress, and Greivous
2. CW Count Dooku, Grievous, and Asajj Ventress
3. DD Quinlan Vos, AOTC Obi Wan and ROTS Mace Windu
4. ROTS Mace Windu and Count Dooku
5. ROTJ Luke, ROTS Obi Wan and Mace Windu
6. ROTS Mace Windu and Yoda
7. ROTS Yoda, Mace Windu, and Obi Wan

Dark-Kenshin
Don't see any evidence that Vader got weaker as of ROTJ besides nebulous "prime" comments", so Vader & Sidious clear, though not without trouble in round 5 and 7. Otherwise, they stop at 5.

DarthAnt66
7 or clear.

Lord Stark
Certainly die at 7. 6 is 50/50.

EmperorSidious2
Clear

Darth Subjekt
Nah, I think the sheer mastery that they both have over the force at this time would get them through, especially Sidious. Take in to account that Vader is much more calm in a duel and basically created his own style due to his suit and limbs, they get through, but def not unscathed.

Kurk
they clear 6 6/10
7 is 50/50; I see them winning if Sidious spams force

Sinious
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
7 or clear.

SunRazer
They're down at seven. They do have a chance to clear, but there's probably a greater chance that they go down at 7.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Certainly die at 7. 6 is 50/50.

Angelalex242
They can clear if Sidious geeks Obi Wan immediately. Then it'd be a rehash of 6, only starting slightly worse off.

5 is only a problem Morals on, as Luke might turn his Dad against Sidious (Again)

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Angelalex242
They can clear if Sidious geeks Obi Wan immediately. Then it'd be a rehash of 6, only starting slightly worse off.

5 is only a problem Morals on, as Luke might turn his Dad against Sidious (Again)

No way is Sidious gonna be able to do that to Kenobi while fending off Yoda of all people. Any opening Sidious gives him will immediately be punished.

The_Tempest
Nah, Sidious can KO Obi-Wan effortlessly and canonically Sheev is = or > Yoda. So I'm not sure dispatching Obi-Wan is going to matter.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Nah, Sidious can KO Obi-Wan effortlessly and canonically Sheev is = or > Yoda. So I'm not sure dispatching Obi-Wan is going to matter.

Because Kenobi can hold off 'prime' Vader in ANH. There's nothing suggesting he couldn't do the same in ROTJ. And there's no way Sheev can hold off Yoda and Windu and dispatch Kenobi without getting wrecked.

ares834
Edit.

Anyway, probably stop at 7 or clear.

The_Tempest
Because Kenobi can hold off 'prime' Vader in ANH. There's nothing suggesting he couldn't do the same in ROTJ. And there's no way Sheev can hold off Yoda and Windu and dispatch Kenobi without getting wrecked.

You said "Yoda, of all people." Sheev can KO Obi-Wan effortlessly and he's canonically Yoda's equal or superior. I don't see Kenobi making a difference. Hell, Sheev mangled Mace's companions while Mace was in the room. If he can do that, he can break Obi-Wan's neck and contend with Yoda at the same time.

Lord Stark
You said "Yoda, of all people." Sheev can KO Obi-Wan effortlessly and he's canonically Yoda's equal or superior. I don't see Kenobi making a difference. Hell, Sheev mangled Mace's companions while Mace was in the room. If he can do that, he can break Obi-Wan's neck and contend with Yoda at the same time.

So he's gonna hold off Mace and Yoda whilst snapping Kenobi's neck? That's unfounded.

The_Tempest
I didn't say that. You said he couldn't kill Obi-Wan while dealing with Yoda. I'm saying he can. I never mentioned Mace.

Lord Stark
I didn't say that. You said he couldn't kill Obi-Wan while dealing with Yoda. I'm saying he can. I never mentioned Mace.

I think he could as well. But I also think it'd give Yoda an opening. Similar to in the Vision fight when Sidious attacks Anakin and it gave Yoda the opening to TK the shit out of him.

Syndicate
If Sidious and Vader don't spam force off the bat at 7 team might take it. As it is they can probably clear.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Syndicate
If Sidious and Vader don't spam force off the bat at 7 team might take it. As it is they can probably clear.

If they act out of character then sure they have what it takes to win. But knowing Vader he's gonna want to go into a melee with Kenobi as he did in ANH and then Mace and Yoda will wreck Sidious' shit.

Syndicate
*Shrug* Depends if Sidious lets him or not. He might simply decide to take Obi Wan out of the equation knowing it would distract Vader.

Lord Stark
*Shrug* Depends if Sidious lets him or not. He might simply decide to take Obi Wan out of the equation knowing it would distract Vader.

I highly doubt it. Vader would want to kill Kenobi personally. His obsession with Obi-Wan is well past the point of rational. He arguably wouldn't let Sidious deprive him of the pleasure.

Also, again, if Sidious takes a second to focus on Kenobi, it could leave Yoda the opening to kill him.

Syndicate
Sidious could just send a general force wave out that incapacitates Obi Wan. Yoda will have to shield himself from the attack before engaging with Sidious.

Lord Stark
Sidious could just send a general force wave out that incapacitates Obi Wan. Yoda will have to shield himself from the attack before engaging with Sidious.

1. When has Sidious ever incapacitated someone of Kenobi's calibre with a casual force wave? Even Savage he has to concentrate for a second.
2. You really think a combined force shield from Yoda and Mace couldn't deflect Sidious' wave? Yoda alone could do that.

Remember on Oba-Dia when Dooku sends a force wave and Anakin and Kenobi block it? Yoda and Mace could do the same (I mean Kenobi too but it counts for shit.)

Syndicate
1. When has Sidious ever incapacitated someone of Kenobi's calibre with a casual force wave? Even Savage he has to concentrate for a second.
2. You really think a combined force shield from Yoda and Mace couldn't deflect Sidious' wave? Yoda alone could do that.

Remember on Oba-Dia when Dooku sends a force wave and Anakin and Kenobi block it? Yoda and Mace could do the same (I mean Kenobi too but it counts for shit.)

He hasn't but he's mused upon taking apart the Imperial palace which should be more then enough power to overwhelm a force user like Obi Wan.

He could shield himself but the others too? I don't know about that. Also Mace isn't shown to know how to pool his powers with another to form a defensive barrier. It's debatable that he might be able to shield himself.

Lord Stark
He hasn't but he's mused upon taking apart the Imperial palace which should be more then enough power to overwhelm a force user like Obi Wan.

I don't disagree. But as I said he'd also have to bypass Yoda and Mace's shield.

If Yoda and Mace can do a combined Force Wave in unison I see no reason why they couldn't erect a joint shield.

If Kenobi and Skywalker can shield from Dooku's attack then yes Mace, Yoda, and Kenobi's combined force shield would deflect Sidious' attack.

Syndicate
I don't disagree. But as I said he'd also have to bypass Yoda and Mace's shield.

If Yoda and Mace can do a combined Force Wave in unison I see no reason why they couldn't erect a joint shield.

If Kenobi and Skywalker can shield from Dooku's attack then yes Mace, Yoda, and Kenobi's combined force shield would deflect Sidious' attack.

*Shrug* If we're assuming Mace and Obi Wan can pool their powers with Yoda rather then individually shielding themselves.

Deronn_solo
They clear.
Palpatine incaps Kenobi with a gesture in round 7, and procees to take a slim majority over Yoda. Vader downs Mace by debatably being above him in everything sans dueling and agility.

Angelalex242
Sidious, at this point, is slightly above Yoda, as ROTJ Sidious is equal to Prime Yoda, and ROTS Yoda is past his prime.

Another point is that Vader has to fight Mace. The Sith do not want Mace getting superamped off Sidious as happened in ROTS. He cannot gain that amp fighting the relatively emotionless Vader, as Vader primarily really only hates himself.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.