Petition to cancel FOX show "Lucifer"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Star428
FOX is coming about with a new show called "Lucifer". If this show is allowed to air then it will fill the head of those who watch it and who have very impressionable minds (especially children and teens) with the illusion that the devil is a very likeable charismatic guy and not the evil murdering lying bastard we all know he really is. Please sign the petition in link below letting FOX news know that we want this show banned so it won't poison the minds of children and others with blatant lies:

https://www.americaneedsfatima.org/forms/e15592.html

There's already over 35,500 signatures. We need more.

Time-Immemorial
Signed

Star428
Thanks, bud.

Mindset
Superman is Lucifer in disguise.

The S is a serpent.

He saves people in an attempt to show them that they don't need God, and that they should worship him.

Mindset
Superman is from planet Krypton.

Atomic number of Krypton on the periodic table is 36.

36...3 6...3 6's.

666 mark of the beast.

Time-Immemorial
I guess Satanic Jews came up with him.

Makes total sense now.

Mindset
I'll be starting a petition to ban Superman. thumb up

Star428
laughing out loud

Good luck with that. LOL. You're gonna need it (lots of it) if you expect to get an icon like him banned.

Inhuman
Originally posted by Star428
laughing out loud

Good luck with that. LOL. You're gonna need it (lots of it) if you expect to get an icon like him banned.

Its common knowledge that the "S" stands for "Satan" barker

Star428
That's rubbish. Any true Superman fan knows what the "S" shield really stands for and it sure as Hell isn't "Satan".

Jesus McBurger
FOX is coming about with a new show called "Lucifer". If this show is allowed to air then it will fill the head of those who watch it and who have very impressionable minds (especially children and teens) with the illusion that the devil is a very likeable charismatic guy and not the evil murdering lying bastard we all know he really is. Please sign the petition in link below letting FOX news know that we want this show banned so it won't poison the minds of children and others with blatant lies:

I thought my life was pointless then i saw yours

Shakyamunison
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucifer_(TV_series)

It's probably going to be a stupid, but harmless TV show. Portraying satan as a fictional character is not going to harm anyone. After all, that's what satan is; a fictional character.

Omega Vision
Lol this sort of shit is always amusing.

Mindset
Originally posted by Jesus McBurger
I thought my life was pointless then i saw yours laughing out loud

Smurph
In case you're reading this thread, thinking "I wasn't going to check out this show, but now I will!", don't bother, and instead read the comics the show was based on:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucifer_(DC_Comics)

You're welcome. thumb up

Star428
Trolls are gonna troll. Go away, all u haters who're atheists and/or Satanists. This thread nor my request for people to skgn this petition was meant for you.

Almost 36,000 sigs on this petition. So obviously there's ton of people who agree with me. smile

FinalAnswer
Signed.

-Pr-
It's crap show based on a good comic, but no, why would anyone sigh a petition to have it banned? I mean, seriously?

DarthAnt66
Not signing.

I shall watch this show with great interest.

DarthAnt66
I thought my life was pointless then i saw yours
LMFAO. You're my new favorite member on KMC.

Q99
Uh, him being charismatic and likable is kinda canon? Like, he's very charismatic and silver-tongue, that's part of the point, despite being evil he's supposed to be very compelling. Evil and murderous and charismatic are not mutually exclusive.

Also the comic Lucifer- and presumably the show- is about a Lucifer who decides the whole evil thing kinda sucks. It's not trying to show that evil-is-good or anything like that, but rather a figure who's tired of rebelling against God. Which is IMO a fairly interesting subject.

Originally posted by -Pr-
It's crap show based on a good comic, but no, why would anyone sigh a petition to have it banned? I mean, seriously?

'Cause they don't like it.

Also, to talk a bit about censorship:

If this is for the purpose of making it illegal to air, that'd be censorship.

If this is to request the network to take it down, that's not.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Q99
Uh, him being charismatic and likable is kinda canon? Like, he's very charismatic and silver-tongue, that's part of the point, despite being evil he's supposed to be very compelling. Evil and murderous and charismatic are not mutually exclusive.

Also the comic Lucifer- and presumably the show- is about a Lucifer who decides the whole evil thing kinda sucks. It's not trying to show that evil-is-good or anything like that, but rather a figure who's tired of rebelling against God. Which is IMO a fairly interesting subject.

'Cause they don't like it.

Also, to talk a bit about censorship:

If this is for the purpose of making it illegal to air, that'd be censorship.

If this is to request the network to take it down, that's not.

If the network took it down because of complaints, that would still be censorship, I'd imagine.

Star428
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Not signing.

Good for you. As I said, this thread or my request wasn't intended for people like you. thumb up

Only true Christians who care about young impressionable minds and the souls of people. I don't expect your kind to understand. Now, go away, please or do you prefer to continue to troll?

Star428
LOL@ Q99's "him being likeable and charismatic is kind of cannon" as if he is some imaginary character from a comic book. Perhaps you like his lying murdring ass, Q (you're a lib, afterall), but you don't speak for all of us, alright?

-Pr-
That version of Lucifer IS an imaginary comic book character, though.

DarthAnt66
LOL@ Q99's "him being likeable and charismatic is kind of cannon" as if he is some imaginary character from a comic book. Perhaps you like his lying murdring ass, Q (you're a lib, afterall), but you don't speak for all of us, alright?
Wait so you believe Satan actually exists and isn't symbolic for evil and temptation?

LMFAO

Star428
Over 36,000 sigs so far. Less than 4, 000 to go to complete our goal. For the people who actually care and didn't come in this thread just to troll, after u sign petition share it with your family and friends . Also, share it on facebook or twitter. Not sure when the deadline is but considering we already got over 36,000 signatures it shouldn't be that hard to get 4,000 more.

DarthAnt66
I'm willing to bet you need more than 40,000 signatures to cancel a television show.

Q99
Really what's needed is for profits or corporate image to be affected.

The term canon literally originated from talking about what was officially in the Bible. Comics took the word canon from Christian dogma.

Literally so. Biblical canon, look it up.

And yes, he's deceiving, and evil, and charismatic and outwardly likable. That's his thing. Satan tries to talk Jesus into switching sides! Because he's a charismatic deceiver.

That's, like, the point of his evil! He doesn't just stand around going, 'Muahaha, I am obviously evil,' he says, "Heeeey, Jesus, here are some temptations. Wouldn't you rather do this with me?". His offers sound nice and his form is pleasant, because it's supposed to be a hard-to-resist temptation.

Adam_PoE
The proper response to speech you do not like, is to respond with speech of your own, not to silence the other person whose speech you do not like. That is un-American.

red g jacks
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
The proper response to speech you do not like, is to respond with speech of your own, not to silence the other person whose speech you do not like. That is un-American. well, i do agree with the basic sentiment that generally people who boycott or petition shows and shit are annoying... cause instead of just not watching something they don't like, they have to ruin it for everyone and remove our decision as to whether we want to watch it or not

that being said, this petition isn't outside the realm of free speech... they are basically doing what you say they should do: namely, responding to speech they don't like (the show in question) with their own speech (the petition). since they aren't a govt agency silencing civilians.. they aren't violating free speech. they're telling a private company their preferences as its consumers. so, this sort of thing is really no different from say the public outrage which got don imus fired or paula deen etc... it's all a part of capitalism and the marketplace of ideas

so really, the response to the petition should be a counter petition which has the opposite demands... namely keep the show on the air. that way, if you get as much support for the counter petition as the main petition, you make it clear to the company that there is no easy answer... taking the show off the air will upset just as many of their customers as keeping it on the air. this is how you counter act reactionary petitions and boycotts without violating anyone's free speech.

personally, i would almost always side with the people who are against taking a show or a movie or music etc off the air... i think that if you don't like something, don't watch it. even if it is offensive.... let me decide for myself if i want to watch it. that being said.. these kinds of petitions are once again a legit use of free speech, even if they are annoying to some of us.

Henry_Pym
Can't tell if Op is serious or seriously hates Dc.

BackFire
Never even heard of this show until now. So congrats. You're giving free publicity.

Q99
Originally posted by red g jacks

that being said, this petition isn't outside the realm of free speech... they are basically doing what you say they should do: namely, responding to speech they don't like (the show in question) with their own speech (the petition). since they aren't a govt agency silencing civilians.. they aren't violating free speech.

Yep. Like I said before, petitioning the network to stop: No problem. That's just using speech to ask someone else to use different speech.

Petitioning the show to be banned: That's asking for censorship.

The actual petition is the former, but Star seems to want the latter.

StiltmanFTW
I had no idea they're making a DC Lucifer tv show. Will definitely check it out.

Not signing this silly petition, of course.

ArtificialGlory
Is there a counter-petition I can sign somewhere?

Ushgarak
Don't tell people not to come and say they are not signing, Star. You open a thread like this in public, you open the idea to being criticised.

Esau Cairn
Star worries about the "impressionable children" but doesn't hesitate to brand people into the "us" & "them" category.

Christianity at its finest.

Star428
Originally posted by BackFire
Never even heard of this show until now. So congrats. You're giving free publicity.

...and yet,

36, 219 signatures.... and counting. thumb up

Ushgarak

Star428
LOL. I guess you missed the part where I said the goal is only 40,000. I get it though why you don't care if the show airs or not. You don't even believe in him. Or at least, you claim u don't. shifty

Ushgarak
Who the heck cares what their own target was? Do they win a prize if they hit it?

It's a creative interpretation of a mythological character. Moral suppression of it is censorship of free speech.

Bardock42
Oh, awesome, Lucifer is amazing. Though I am definitely worried they are going to mess it up like Hellblazer. "A loose adaptation"....that sounds very worrisome.

Star428
I pity u Bardock. I hope u like fire.

Bardock42
I pity u Bardock. I hope u like fire.

I assume you mean because of burning in hell. I don't know, but I think I have more sins than liking a fictional comic loosely based on the biblical character, and honestly more based on Milton's interpretation anyways.

In fact Lucifer Morningstar is a pretty Randian character, I think if there wasn't the association a lot of right-wing Christians would quite like him.

I do wish you luck with the petition though. I think voicing ones opinion that you would boycott something and to try to get publishers to change their minds is a good and democratic way to effect change.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Bardock42
I assume you mean because of burning in hell.

Don't assume. He could just be referring to the simple luxury of fire to cook your food, stay warm, ward off the boogeyman...

Bardock42
In that case, yes, I do like fire.

Star428
Originally posted by Bardock42
I assume you mean because of burning in hell. I don't know, but I think I have more sins than liking a fictional comic loosely based on the biblical character, and honestly more based on Milton's interpretation anyways.

In fact Lucifer Morningstar is a pretty Randian character, I think if there wasn't the association a lot of right-wing Christians would quite like him.

I do wish you luck with the petition though. I think voicing ones opinion that you would boycott something and to try to get publishers to change their minds is a good and democratic way to effect change.

Yes, i had forgotten about the actual comic book character (whom I don't care for anymore than I do the real being). I remembered soon after I made that reply to Q99 but was too lazy to edit my post. I figured someone would bring it up. Still, regardless of whether this show coming to FOX (unless we can get enough sigs to change their minds) is based on the comic character or the real Lucifer (whose proper name is actually "Satan" since his fall) it still glorifies the devil either way by presenting him in a favorable light.

Glorifying Satan will only lead to the rise of more Satanists in this country and it also is an affront to God. It's bad enough the country has an increasing number of people becoming atheists. As bad as they are for the nation and our values Satanists are even worse. I just hope the sigs is enough to convince FOX to not air the show. With the way an increasing number of people in country are turning their backs on God it's just a matter of time before He does likewise to us. This show, if it lasts, will probably make that happen much sooner. You don't get God's blessing by glorifying His greatest enemy.

The children in our country need God. Not the devil.

Esau Cairn
So is there a statistic to show how many children started practicing black magic & spells after watching all the Harry Potter movies?

And the way you talk about "our children" it's pretty obvious you're not a parent yourself otherwise you would take offence to others telling you how to raise your own.

Q99
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
So is there a statistic to show how many children started practicing black magic & spells after watching all the Harry Potter movies?

Heck, remember the D&D Satanist 'scares' back in the 70s/80s? (I'll admit that they'd largely faded by my time, but I knew people who did) That turned out to have

One of the problems with Satanism is if you buy into the Christian cosmology, then, one, you kinda accept that Satan's in second place at best, and two, you know you get screwed over for following him. Heck, even if you go for apocryphal stories, deals with the devil regularly screw over, oh, pretty much everyone who tries them.

That's why most 'Satanists' more are of the 'We don't believe he's real, just a symbol of rebellion,' types.

I will also point out that Satan does not actually rule hell in Biblical canon. Though per Jesus, the thing that really sends you there is treating the poor like crap. That's the one he, personally, focused on waaay more than anything else. Treat the poor and needy well, and you're probably ok.

queeq
Wow... a petition. Did Fox hire you? because you sue are getting the ratings up!

Ushgarak
I remember the D&D ones!

riv6672

Nope.
The show is a work of fiction, and anyone who doesnt like it is free not to watch.
Petitions like this are the silliest kind of trifle.
Thank you for reminding me to DVR it, though.

Bentley
FOX should just stop doing awful shows anyways.

A petition for that somewhere?

Star428
Originally posted by Bentley
FOX should just stop doing awful shows anyways.

A petition for that somewhere?

LOL.The only shows I watch on FOX or even on all of tv for that matter on a regular basis are Hannity, The O'Reilly Factor, and The Kelly File. Which are all right-wing news shows, of course, as I don't trust left-wing sources. All of those shows are by far better than all the crap on the rest of tv. If it wasn't for those 3 shows I'd cancel my ATT U-verse cable service.

Q99
LOL.The only shows I watch on FOX or even on all of tv for that matter on a regular basis are Hannity, The O'Reilly Factor, and The Kelly File. Which are all right-wing news shows, of course, as I don't trust left-wing sources.

Personally, I like to aim for non-partisan first, but take a look at stuff from both sides to see what they think. Only watching stuff that agrees with you is just begging to be stuck in an echochamber.

Astner
Petitions have to be the poorest form of demonstration ever conducted.

Gather a mob, loosen some bricks in front of the studio, put on masks, bag some Molatovs, bring some guns and scare the shit out of the people directing this shit show.

Star428
LOL. That's probably not a bad idea, Astner. I like the way you think. thumb up

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Q99
Heck, remember the D&D Satanist 'scares' back in the 70s/80s? (I'll admit that they'd largely faded by my time, but I knew people who did) That turned out to have

One of the problems with Satanism is if you buy into the Christian cosmology, then, one, you kinda accept that Satan's in second place at best, and two, you know you get screwed over for following him. Heck, even if you go for apocryphal stories, deals with the devil regularly screw over, oh, pretty much everyone who tries them.

That's why most 'Satanists' more are of the 'We don't believe he's real, just a symbol of rebellion,' types.

Yeah I was old enough in the 80's to remember the D&D scares.
Christians believed all the kids were gathering on a regular basis underneath the sewer systems ( aka Dungeons) to play D&D. And when they were finally brain washed & had the numbers behind them, they would rise up & wreck havoc.

Suffice to say the albino alligators & Morlocs ate all the sewer kids & unwittingly saved mankind from Satan.

I just find it morbidly funny how Christians in their fanatisms seem to focus more on the devil than they do God.
For example count how many times the OP has referred to Satan, Lucifer, the Devil more than he does to God himself.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Astner

Gather a mob, loosen some bricks in front of the studio, put on masks, bag some Molatovs, bring some guns and scare the shit out of the people directing this shit show.

Hmmm protest against the Devil with violence, guns & fear.

Q99
Yeah I was old enough in the 80's to remember the D&D scares.
Christians believed all the kids were gathering on a regular basis underneath the sewer systems ( aka Dungeons) to play D&D. And when they were finally brain washed & had the numbers behind them, they would rise up & wreck havoc.

Suffice to say the albino alligators & Morlocs ate all the sewer kids & unwittingly saved mankind from Satan.

I just find it morbidly funny how Christians in their fanatisms seem to focus more on the devil than they do God.
For example count how many times the OP has referred to Satan, Lucifer, the Devil more than he does to God himself.

When ironically, the Bible doesn't play up Satan/Lucifer that much- and indeed, sometimes other figures are just called Lucifer to bump profile.

The Serpent in Eden? Not Lucifer. Got a curse to have no legs forever more. Later scenes have devil standing.

It's arguable whether the figure in the Book of Job is the same one too- because that figure is just chilling with God, holding conversation. Not exactly what one would expect from the figure tempting Jesus. Quite possibly, that's a different angel.

Q99

Petitions can work... but ultimately they're about showing what people want, and a TV show doesn't care how many people want it off, only how many people want it on.

Also, it really helps to have real numbers behind a petition. 1,000,000 can get notice. A few tens of thousands? Not so much.

Are you trying to radicalize Star? stick out tongue

Astner
Hmmm protest against the Devil with violence, guns & fear.

I'm not Christian.

Esau Cairn
I'm not Christian.

Then I humbly apologise at my sarcasm directed at you.

Bentley
He does have a point about petitions though awesr

Star428
Obviously the goal of 40,000 was picked for a damn good reason. Perhapd the CEO of FOX told the protestors to bring me at least 40,000 signatures and I'll consider it.

We're at 36, 427 now.

Jesus McBurger
If anything it will just bring more viewers due to shock value like Marilyn Manson

Ushgarak
No, 40,000 is just a completely arbitrary number.

Jesus McBurger
Originally posted by Ushgarak
No, 40,000 is just a completely arbitrary number.
thumb up

Esau Cairn
It would honestly be hilarious if there was a misunderstanding & the petition was actually a competition.

Vote 40,000 times & you all get a free DVD of Lucifer.

Jesus McBurger
It would honestly be hilarious if there was a misunderstanding & the petition was actually a competition.

Vote 40,000 times & you all get a free DVD of Lucifer.
laughing I'd die of laughter

Esau Cairn
I'd personally fly to America with popcorn & watch it at Star's house.

Smurph
Obviously the goal of 40,000 was picked for a damn good reason. A damn good reason?

mmm

Esau Cairn
laughing I'd die of laughter

Hell, let's vote.

Get that number up to 66,600.

It's the Christian thing to do.

Jesus McBurger
Hell, let's vote.

Get that number up to 66,600.

It's the Christian thing to do.
That probably the greatest idea I have ever heard

Time-Immemorial
Coming from the guy who says he tolerant of all religions yet bashes Christianity and idolizes Islam.

Jesus McBurger
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Coming from the guy who says he tolerant of all religions yet bashes Christianity and idolizes Islam.
You got me. Praise Allah

Time-Immemorial
Welcome to my ignore list

Star428
LOL. That's usually my line. But yeah, he is a troll. That's why I put him on ignore a long time ago.

Jesus McBurger
Why is it when star and ti are beat they ignore?

Time-Immemorial
Yea he talks all this crap about Christianity and props up Islam teachings.

Time-Immemorial
Fox News does stand for 666 I don't think this is coincidence.

Fox has become more slanted and this just proves it.

Jesus McBurger
Yea he talks all this crap about Christianity and props up Islam teachings.
Yet it's okay for you to do the reverse?

Time-Immemorial
What?

Jesus McBurger
It's okay for you to defend christanity and talk sh1t about Islam?

Time-Immemorial
Go on, Christians are not actively trying to kill me.

Star428
Fox News does stand for 666 I don't think this is coincidence.

Really? What's your source?

Time-Immemorial
Just do some research on it, it's pretty interesting.

Jesus McBurger
Yes but there are still Christian pieces of sh1t that twist around the bible and turn it into a book of hate. I mean look at the KKK, Westbrook baptist church, the Oklahoma City bomber was a Christian. But no we don't associate christanity with those atrocious groups.

Time-Immemorial
All things in the past, KKK is not actively trying to kill me.

Sorry. Find relevance and any religion that actively trying to destroy the world and America besides Islam.

Oklahoma, no..he was not Christian. And how long ago was that?

Do you realize what's been going on the past 10 years here?

Jesus McBurger

Sorry. Find relevance and any religion that actively trying to destroy the world and America besides Islam.
Again it's not Islam trying to destroy America. It's a deranged terrorist group that kills in the name of Islam

Time-Immemorial
Wrong

Jesus McBurger
Wrong
Elaborate

Star428
Just do some research on it, it's pretty interesting.

Seems too outlandish to me. FOX seems more trustworthy to me than any other news station on tv. THey're not afraid to show the raw truth. Remember when the BLM movement were shouting "Pigs in a blanket! Fry'em like bacon!"? Only FOX news dared to expose the BLM movement for what it really is by showing that video and others. I've heard a lot of crazy theories in my life about who or what is connected to the "666" symbol. I remember when people were so sure that Bush was the anti-Christ. Recently, I've come across a ridiculous article on the internet that makes kind of a good argument that the Israeli symbol- the Star of David-represents 666. I just refuse to believe that a trustworthy news source like FOX- a station that isn't afraid to tell the truth and doesn't care about PC bullshit- is associated with the devil.

Some people on this forum are even convinced that the shield of Superman is Satanic. LOL.

Star428

Oklahoma, no..he was not Christian. And how long ago was that?

Do you realize what's been going on the past 10 years here?

I thought you were putting him on ignore.

Time-Immemorial
Satan is the master of lies and manipulation.

Don't think it's above him to make the bad people look good.

I have zero faith in all media.

Star428
Satan is the master of lies and manipulation.

Don't think it's above him to make the bad people look good.

I have zero faith in all media.

Oh, I'm well aware of how cunning he is and how he can make bad people look good. Like the current Pope,for instance.

Time-Immemorial
The pope is pretty much his vessel on earth.

Star428
I'll admit that I was disappointed to learn that it was FOX who is airing this show but it's hardly a smoking gun. I'm not giving up on the only conservative news station on television that easily. O'Reilly, especially, is just too damn good.

Bentley
As far as there is a market for a certain kind of info, you can be sure some greedy media lord will give it a try to cash a dime. True or not, relevant or not.

Surtur
Utterly ridiculous. Why don't you just not watch the show if you don't like it?

Time-Immemorial
laughing out loud

Surtur
Also if the goal is to get rid of things that might poison the minds of kids then I look forward to Star's "let's ban the internet" petition.

Star428
^Was that the wind? Coulda sworn I heard something.

Anyway, about to hit the 37,000 mark.

Surtur
We both know you read every word I just said. Let's not pretend otherwise here. It's like a fat girl pretending she isn't excited about a buffet. It makes us all feel awkward because we know it's not true.

Jesus McBurger
Originally posted by Surtur
We both know you read every word I just said. Let's not pretend otherwise here. It's like a fat girl pretending she isn't excited about a buffet. It makes us all feel awkward because we know it's not true.
laughing out loud

Surtur
But let me pose a serious question to Star. You say you are afraid this will poison the minds of children. Is it not the job of the parents of the child to make sure their child doesn't watch the wrong things?

Why should those who might enjoy it not get to enjoy it because people don't want to actually parent their kids? You act like the show is being aired on Nickelodeon.

Also have you even watched the series? The first episode is available. I have seen it and I can tell you right now there are much much worse things on TV right now. Hell some of the characters in "Mad Men" have acted way shadier then Lucifer on the show. Have you noticed an increase in children smoking cigarettes while sipping an Old Fashioned?

Q99
Obviously the goal of 40,000 was picked for a damn good reason. Perhapd the CEO of FOX told the protestors to bring me at least 40,000 signatures and I'll consider it.

We're at 36, 427 now.

Isn't that just a fairly standard petition number?

Because there's no sign the CEO of Fox said so, and nor do I see why he would- compared to how many viewers it has, that's a pretty small number.

carthage
Moron fundie pieces of shit want to censor something they don't agree with. Sounds a lot like those fundie Muslims that wanted to stamp out Draw Mohammed. But of course it doesn't matter even though these idiot Christards are in some ways the Western equivalent of zealous Muslim fundamentalists to some people.

Surtur
It would indeed be a sad day if a show was cancelled because people just couldn't handle it to the point of creating a petition. Yes this applies even to a show on FOX.

Also you..don't think FOX shows like The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, etc. might poison the minds of kids? Or is it only stuff with Satan that does it?

red g jacks
i thought christians were supposed to be pro abstinence? what better way to stop kids from having sex than to get them into comic books?

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by carthage
Moron fundie pieces of shit want to censor something they don't agree with. Sounds a lot like those fundie Muslims that wanted to stamp out Draw Mohammed. But of course it doesn't matter even though these idiot Christards are in some ways the Western equivalent of zealous Muslim fundamentalists to some people.

Which Christian fundamentalists in America are killing in the name of Jesus?

carthage
I wasn't aware the act of Murder had anything to do with fundamentalism, but ok.

Jesus McBurger
Originally posted by red g jacks
i thought christians were supposed to be pro abstinence? what better way to stop kids from having sex than to get them into comic books?
laughing out loud

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by carthage
I wasn't aware the act of Murder had anything to do with fundamentalism, but ok.

The act of killing is a good thing to radicals. And the more devout they become the more radical. The faith preaches violence and death.

But they are a religion of peace, so why do they keep attacking people.

Surtur
Plus I think if a show like 7th Heaven can be on the air for nearly 10 years then frankly a show about Satan is fair game.

DarthAnt66

Time-Immemorial
Interesting, that was back in the stone age, when do Christians do that now, and how do what jews did back then represent Born again Christians?

That also says the Alalekites, who are the Alalekites today, and is there any violence against them from Christians in America?

DarthAnt66
We worship a God who commanded his people centuries ago to complete genocide on the innocent.

Why should we allow televisions shows that worship said God? Unless you think the Bible is fake...?

Time-Immemorial
So you can't answer my questions.

Which Born again Christians in America are following something God told the Israeli's to do?

DarthAnt66
Point: Why do you worship a God who has completed mass genocide, and approved of others doing it? wink

Better yet, then why do you care so much about a ****ing TV show about Lucifer who's hardly done acts as evil as that.

Time-Immemorial
Good now that you can't answer my questions. You cede that argument.

Lets move onto your goalpost shifting.

Allah has ordered the mass genocide of the whole world by Muhammads writings.

I don't really care about the TV show. I will prolly watch it just to see what its all about. Then I can come back here and talk about Lucifer with all the devil worshipers here.

DarthAnt66
Good now that you can't answer my questions. You cede that argument.

Lets move onto your goalpost shifting.

Allah has ordered the mass genocide of the whole world by Muhammads writings.

I don't really care about the TV show. I will prolly watch it just to see what its all about. Then I can come back here and talk about Lucifer with all the devil worshipers here.
roll eyes (sarcastic) They should represent the old. They follow the same teachings, do they not?

Just today, many Jews and Christians use religion to justify their own morals and beliefs rather than use their religion as the rule book, hence why this isn't a world of terror and chaos.

The point of the Alalekites quote is that you believe in a God who has ordered mass genocide. Satan has never done close to that. The worst he's done is demonic possession.

So, what's the big deal with having a show about Satan if shows about God are allowed and encouraged?

And indeed, Islam is even worse than the Old Testament. I made a thread with a link to a documentary about why it's terrible. So... shitty argument on your part.

You cared enough to sign a petition about it, broski.

Shakyamunison
So you can't answer my questions.

Which Born again Christians in America are following something God told the Israeli's to do?

History is filled with the blood of Pagans killed by Christians.

Time-Immemorial
Ok so none of that is happening right now, and Christians are not a danger to America.

Glad we agree.

DarthAnt66
laughing out loud Concession accepted, mate. And, eh: http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-right/10-worst-terror-attacks-extreme-christians-and-far-right-white-men

For the record, I'm a Christian (if you want to define Christian as one who believes Christ is the Son of God and fully God). wink

Time-Immemorial
roll eyes (sarcastic) They should represent the old. They follow the same teachings, do they not?

Just today, many Jews and Christians use religion to justify their own morals and beliefs rather than use their religion as the rule book, hence why this isn't a world of terror and chaos.

The point of the Alalekites quote is that you believe in a God who has ordered mass genocide. Satan has never done close to that. The worst he's done is demonic possession.

So, what's the big deal with having a show about Satan if shows about God are allowed and encouraged?

And indeed, Islam is even worse than the Old Testament. I made a thread with a link to a documentary about why it's terrible. So... shitty argument on your part.

You cared enough to sign a petition about it, broski.

No actually Christians follow Jesus and the New Testament.

Actually Satan represents all evil, he has done worse.

Time-Immemorial
laughing out loud Concession accepted, mate. And, eh: http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-right/10-worst-terror-attacks-extreme-christians-and-far-right-white-men

For the record, I'm a Christian (if you want to define Christian as one who believes Christ is the Son of God and fully God). wink

But since you want to go down that route, I just kicked your ass with this.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/americanattacks.htm

DarthAnt66
No actually Christians follow Jesus and the New Testament.

Actually Satan represents all evil, he has done worse.
mmm And the Old Testament, lmfao.

Christ himself as quoted passages from the Old Testament in his teachings.

And in daily mass we hear passages from the Old Testament being read.

---

Satan represents all evil, that is true.

Does this mean God's genocide isn't evil? mmm

What's not evil about massacring innocent children, tbh?

DarthAnt66
But since you want to go down that route, I just kicked your ass with this.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/americanattacks.htm
Broski, stop making a fool of yourself.

No where have I stated Muslims are better than Christians.

I even posted an anti-Muslim video in this very forum.

Like shit man, sit down and take your L for that fail.

Time-Immemorial
So why did you say concession accepted?

10 Christian attacks

vs

3,110 killed by Muslims in America in 82 terror attacks (and Islam-related honor killings)

Since 9/11 there have been 89 killed by Muslims in America in 47 attacks.

Sit down and take the L for that fail, Christian.

DarthAnt66
So why did you say concession accepted?

10 Christian attacks

vs

3,110 killed by Muslims in America in 82 terror attacks (and Islam-related honor killings)

Since 9/11 there have been 89 killed by Muslims in America in 47 attacks.

Sit down and take the L.

I actually have no clue how you managed to register onto this forum with the sheer amount of stupidity you are showcasing here. Like, holy shite, LOL.

I didn't mention Islam / Muslims once as an argument that they are better people than Christians. I've made three posts stating they generally aren't.

The fact Muslims have killed people doesn't change the fact that Christians, by following a book that also promotes violence, can also be a threat to society.

How is a religion who worships a God who justifies and completes genocide, and a book with laws about stoning, killing, abuse, etc. etc. not a threat?

Luckily, most Christians don't fully follow their doctrine, just like all Muslims. But when they do, they may kill people (as shown in the ten Christian attacks).

Better yet, history has shown countless upon countless dead by Christians, as that other member pointed out: http://www.truthbeknown.com/victims.htm

The "concession accepted" was in reference to your lack of rebuttal in the Satan vs God discussion, but you managed to type a response afterwards.

It had nothing to do with Christians vs Muslims, which was a debate that you entirely made out of thin air for some reason, perhaps to look smarter? IDK.

Time-Immemorial

---

Satan represents all evil, that is true.

Does this mean God's genocide isn't evil? mmm

What's not evil about massacring innocent children, tbh?

Your not a Christian, your Catholic. There is a difference, and you sound pretty radical. Christ never preached Catholicism, so you cant say you are Christian. You are Catholic.

DarthAnt66
Your not a Christian, your Catholic. There is a difference, and you sound pretty radical. Christ preached Catholicism, so you cant say you are Christian. You are Catholic.
I can't tell if you are trolling at this stage or not. Catholicism is a form of Christianity.

Time-Immemorial
I actually have no clue how you managed to register onto this forum with the sheer amount of stupidity you are showcasing here. Like, holy shite, LOL.

I didn't mention Islam / Muslims once as an argument that they are better people than Christians. I've made three posts stating they generally aren't.

The fact Muslims have killed people doesn't change the fact that Christians, by following a book that also promotes violence, can also be a threat to society.

How is a religion who worships a God who justices and completes genocide, and a book with laws about stoning, killing, abuse, etc. etc. not a threat?

Luckily, most Christians don't fully follow their doctrine, just like all Muslims. But when they do, they may kill people (as shown in the ten Christian attacks).

Better yet, history has shown countless upon countless dead by Christians, as that other member pointed out: http://www.truthbeknown.com/victims.htm

The "concession accepted" was in reference to your lack of rebuttal in the Satan vs God discussion, but you managed to type a response afterwards.

It had nothing to do with Christians vs Muslims, which was a debate that you entirely made out of thin air for some reason, perhaps to look smarter? IDK.

Nope. You posted a source of 10 "Christian attacks" and said concession accepted.

I posted a different source showing how many Islamic terrorist attacks have been committed vs how many "Christian" terrorist attacks.

And reported for flaming.

DarthAnt66
Nope. You posted a source of 10 "Christian attacks" and said concession accepted.
No, I said concession accepted, then responded to your post "Ok so none of that is happening right now, and Christians are not a danger to America."

A distinction between was meant to be made (and was explicitly, then actually erased to put it all on one line to look cleaner).

I apologize for the lack of clarification, though I think it was rather obvious.

I posted a different source showing how many Islamic terrorist attacks have been committed vs how many "Christian" terrorist attacks.
Which wasn't relevant to the discussion.

A thousand dead doesn't make the other twenty five not important.

And reported for flaming.
Hardly report worthy. You need thicker skin.

Time-Immemorial
I know how you debate, you can't do it without throwing insults when I have not even done that to you. I question whether you are a "Christian" with calling God evil.

DarthAnt66
BTW Time, actually check out that Islam Documentary I posted.

You will 99% genuinely like it. thumb up It's made by Christians.

DarthAnt66
I know how you debate, you can't do it without throwing insults when I have not even done that to you. I question whether you are a "Christian."
I can (and have), but certain instances require... raw forms of expression to convey a point. wink

Time-Immemorial
BTW Time, actually check out that Islam Documentary I posted.

You will 99% genuinely like it. thumb up It's made by Christians.

Ill watch it now.

DarthAnt66
It's really long. I watch like 15 minutes of it a day.

Star428
We worship a God who commanded his people centuries ago to complete genocide on the innocent.

We? LOL. Pretty sure you don't worship Him.

1. He never ordered no such thing. You atheists don't know what in the Hell you're talking about.

2. Even if He did, that was the Old Testament where you think he did those things. The law was ratified with Jesus Christ for those who accept Him and are baptized. Jesus would never advocate any kind of violence. EVER.

Star428
Point: Why do you worship a God who has completed mass genocide, and approved of others doing it? wink

Better yet, then why do you care so much about a ****ing TV show about Lucifer who's hardly done acts as evil as that.

LOL. It's clear you're just trolling now.

Star428

And? That changes nothing, clueless one. The law was ratified with the blood of Christ. Quit trolling.

Star428
I can't tell if you are trolling at this stage or not. Catholicism is a form of Christianity.

You're a liar. If you were really a Christian then you wouldn'tbe bad-mouthing God. You're not fooling anyone, dude. Give it up.

DarthAnt66
We? LOL. Pretty sure you don't worship Him.
I don't worship the god of the Old Testament, true.

But of the New? That's a different story.

1. He never ordered no such thing. You atheists don't know what in the Hell you're talking about.
Then what was the passage I quoted saying?

Enlighten me with your vast wisdom on scripture.

2. Even if He did, that was the Old Testament where you think he did those things. The law was ratified with Jesus Christ for those who accept Him and are baptized. Jesus would never advocate any kind of violence. EVER.
Which means Christ, who is fully God, contradicts the teachings of the Old Testament.

So perhaps the Old Testament isn't as true as many Christians believe, eh? mmm

DarthAnt66
The law was ratified with the blood of Christ.
I don't recall Christ denouncing the Old Law, only making the New Law.

Unless you wish to argue that, in the process of establishing the New Law, the Old was washed away?

If such, then I ask why the major difference between God the Father and God the Son?

DarthAnt66
You're a liar. If you were really a Christian then you wouldn'tbe bad-mouthing God. You're not fooling anyone, dude. Give it up.
I'm pretty sure Catholicism is a form of Christianity, actually.

And if you were a Christian you wouldn't be trying to justify genocide. wink

Star428
Someone who talks about God committing "mass genocide" and would want a show like this-in which Satan is glorified- to air is not really a Christian regardless of what they claim. It reminds me of Obama claiming that he's a Christian. LOL.

DarthAnt66
Someone who talks about God committing mass genocide
Bro, the Bible directly states he did. Like...?

and would want a show like this-in which Satan is glorified- to air
It's not like I'm going to watch the show, LMFAO.

I just find it stupid people want to censor it for their own religious beliefs.

This is a free nation. Let people who want to watch it, watch it.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>