Who can take a beating???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who can take a beating the best out of these people? Best damage soak. Rank them from greatest to least.

Juggernaut (not depowered Jugs)
Superman
Thor
Orion
Silver Surfer

Go!!! If you need someone to be the beater, let's use Thanos.

Delta1938
Carter's pride is #1.

Prof. T.C McAbe
#1 Thanos because, he seen rage!

ghostman
Jesus Lmao

Superman is number 1. The dudes done some crazy shit, flew through a red sun, tanked a nuke on island of knite, survived red sun blasts from A sun eater , tanked a red sun exploding etc. That isn't even the tip of the iceberg

the Darkone
Juggernaut #1 then everybody else

ShadowFyre
They all have great damage soak.

Juggs is top. Yall dont sleep on Thor's, his is probably better than supes. Fights with his arm ripped off like nothing, has his skin and organs ripped off repeatedly, multiple recent issues of him being stabbed completely through his heart and multiple parts of his body. Yeah, Supes is rarely shown to be injured to that degree to my knowledge. But I dont want to downplay him, Im sure he has more than I know of.

Surfer....has some good showings. Cant remember all of them though.
Not sure about Orion, he is usually pretty beastly though.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by ghostman
Jesus Lmao

Superman is number 1. The dudes done some crazy shit, flew through a red sun, tanked a nuke on island of knite, survived red sun blasts from A sun eater , tanked a red sun exploding etc. That isn't even the tip of the iceberg

Damage soak. Not any form of durability. How much damage can they actually take to their body and keep fighting.

Magnon
1. Juggernaut
2. Superman
3. Orion
4. Silver Surfer
5. Hulk
6. Thor

Not quite sure whether Juggs or Supes should be the #1, tho.

Prof. T.C McAbe
1. Superman
2. Juggernaut
3. Thor/Orion
4. Silver Surfer
5. Hulk

carver9
Hulk isn't in this thread. Stop trolling.

Mindset
Dick can take a good beating.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by carver9
Hulk isn't in this thread. Stop trolling.

Don't be so harsh to Magnon.

ShadowFyre
Why are people putting Supes at top in a damage soak contest? Has he ever even lost a limb or anything like that? Damage soak and durability are not the same.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
1. Superman
2. Juggernaut
3. Thor/Orion
4. Silver Surfer
5. Hulk

thumb up

Superman has greater damage soak then anyone.

Delta1938
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Why are people putting Supes at top in a damage soak contest? Has he ever even lost a limb or anything like that? Damage soak and durability are not the same.

Pre-FLASHPOINT he had been impaled, injected with liquified Kryptonite, it weakened him despite they thought they removed it all (they did not) and he was shot and stabbed multiple times during that weakened state. And I mean the bullets went through him.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by Delta1938
Pre-FLASHPOINT he had been impaled, injected with liquified Kryptonite, it weakened him despite they thought they removed it all (they did not) and he was shot and stabbed multiple times during that weakened state. And I mean the bullets went through him.

Ok cool, I knew he had to have something, I still dont feel like thats as impressive as losing an arm or being impaled by Gorr's Necrosword. Well, i feel like the kryptonite part is the same. But I think some of you are contusing durability and damage soak.

abhilegend
Ok cool, I knew he had to have something, I still dont feel like thats as impressive as losing an arm or being impaled by Gorr's Necrosword. Well, i feel like the kryptonite part is the same. But I think some of you are contusing durability and damage soak.
Superman was impaled in the heart by a kryptonite sword.

Emperor Joker tore out his heart and ate it, he was still alive and fighting.

psycho gundam
The thing with Juggernaut is that he usually faces people way lower than him and then his record against peers isn't that good.

Delta1938

I don't know anything about the Necrosword, but I can't see losing an arm and still fighting as more impressive than being impaled, weakened, shot multiple times in the chest and stabbed, and still fighting. Forgot to mention he also fought through all that while drowning, towards the end of the fight.

Sorta related, that produced a pretty impressive healing feat too. All that, out of direct sunlight, and only took 3 days to heal what normally takes months. Despite his powers were not only reduced, but sometimes would just shut off.

ShadowFyre
The necrosword was made to kill gods and Thor was impaled by it countless times. Thor has also had his kidneys turned to glass and losing and been impaled multiple times and fought on. Im just saying, people are just saying Supes and sleeping on the others. Sounds kinda biased when you say Superman being impaled is a better showing than Thor being impaled. Juggs easily takes the top. He has been reduced to just a skeleton.

Anyway, didnt know that about Supes, I like seeing him being able to be injured instead of always just tanking everything. For right now im probably gonna say

Juggs>supes/thor>orion>surfer.

I put orion before surfer because he is more warrior oriented and surfers kind of a pussy

Mindset
Originally posted by abhilegend

Emperor Joker tore out his heart and ate it, he was still alive and fighting. I don't believe you.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by abhilegend

Emperor Joker tore out his heart and ate it, he was still alive and fighting.

Just saw this. Hmm, thats like Spawn level damage soak right there.

Delta1938
The necrosword was made to kill gods and Thor was impaled by it countless times. Thor has also had his kidneys turned to glass and losing and been impaled multiple times and fought on. Im just saying, people are just saying Supes and sleeping on the others. Sounds kinda biased when you say Superman being impaled is a better showing than Thor being impaled. Juggs easily takes the top. He has been reduced to just a skeleton.

Anyway, didnt know that about Supes, I like seeing him being able to be injured instead of always just tanking everything. For right now im probably gonna say

Juggs>supes/thor>orion>surfer.

I put orion before surfer because he is more warrior oriented and surfers kind of a pussy

Guess it just.....kills them? The "necro" part and all.

I was more arguing with fighting despite an arm being ripped off. I really find that unimpressive compared to a weakened Superman fighting with all that going on.

Flyattractor
I would say that since Juggy is "invulnerable" that would really mean he isn't really "Taking it". This sounds more like an endurance type of feat and well.

Juggy is a ****ing Cheat! Take him off the list.

ShadowFyre
No, it is meant to kill them and he fought through it. Its like kryptonite to gods. So basically same thing.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Mindset
I don't believe you.

laughing out loudlaughing out loud

Delta1938
No, it is meant to kill them and he fought through it. Its like kryptonite to gods. So basically same thing.

That's what I meant. Just.....brings death(magick I'd assume), since "necro" means "dead" and all that.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by Delta1938

Also he was ripped into pieces by a tesseract in the JLA comics and came back like nothing after wards

Also survived a magical arrow in the back ans a magical sword into the chest IIRC smile

Magnon
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I would say that since Juggy is "invulnerable" that would really mean he isn't really "Taking it". This sounds more like an endurance type of feat and well.

Juggy is a ****ing Cheat! Take him off the list.

Wrong. Nothing can stop the Juggernaut. In particular, no amount of damage can stop the Juggernaut.

http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/576/136718-136696_nothingcnstpthjuggernaut_super_super.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.