DP Tyrant runs an Amped JLA Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w344/riv6672/image_zpsiiazmh2w.jpg

How far does DP Tyrant get, if at all?
1 hour rest between matches, all of which are no prep no BFR.
In this order.

Batman-god of knowledge
Lex Luthor-god of Apokolips
Flash-god of death
Shazam-god of gods
Superman-god of strength
Green Lantern-god of light

http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w344/riv6672/image_zps8wbdkwsg.jpg

TheLordofMurder
Clears...

riv6672
Thank you.
Hope to get more responses; the JLA has been well spoken of for the most part.

abhilegend
Stops at 2

carver9
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Clears...

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Lex has Darkseid's entire power. Anti Monitor had the power of entire universes absorbed with ALE and Darkseid was still beating him.

Lex will beat the shit out of both Galactus and Tyrant together at this point.

riv6672
Well okay then.
He either clears or stops at two.

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud

Lex has Darkseid's entire power. Anti Monitor had the power of entire universes absorbed with ALE and Darkseid was still beating him.

Lex will beat the shit out of both Galactus and Tyrant together at this point.

What has Lex done with that power. We don't share fts here.

abhilegend
Yeah, right.

riv6672
I actually am not sure what Lex has done either. Flash and Shazam yes, the rest more in a general "they're really powerful now" way.

carver9
Didn't see Flash. Flash beats him.

DarkSaint85
If they (DCnu) have no feats, we use DCU.

Which brings Sivaa, Hronmeer etc into play.

Am surprised LoM voted for Tyrant, though, based on his penchant for using character statements.

For me, I think he stops at Flash.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by carver9

Biggest lie you have ever told, on top of it, it makes you a hypocrite.

Team wins

Zack M
Didn't see Flash. Flash beats him.

Delta1938

CGrunP_HCDg

Zack M
laughing out loud

Rao Kal El

Unless is hulk sharing a planet busting feat? laughing out loud and a dubious wishing mix up thumb up

Just realized this now, but Hulk needs help to bust a planet laughing out loud

Delta1938
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Unless is hulk sharing a planet busting feat? laughing out loud and a dubious wishing mix up thumb up

The "Top-Tier melting" Hulk needs help to bust a planet. Also, Carter never did take up that challenge he said he would with you, when he had time.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by Delta1938
The "Top-Tier melting" Hulk needs help to bust a planet. Also, Carter never did take up that challenge he said he would with you, when he had time.

Yep, but now I don't have the time sad

But "Hulk smash heralds!" stick out tongue

Delta1938
Yep, but now I don't have the time sad

But "Hulk smash heralds!" stick out tongue

Bootsie wouldn't take the challenge even if you had the time!! eek!

carver9

Superman never busted a planet, let alone a mountain.

smile

Delta1938

smile

You try to be clever and fail so hard. eek!

Rao Kal El

smile

No, he just moved a Jupiter size ship with MMH. Held a black hole in his hand and toss it, he casually punched a worm who injested 2 million tons of mountain and send it flying, he destroyed planetoids easily oh and he moved earth against starbreaker's pull

Those feats are >>>>>>>>> what hulk has done

Just ask Delta he can show you smile

Time-Immemorial

smile

Hulk never blew up earth, does that mean he can't as WBH?

carver9
No, he just moved a Jupiter size ship with MMH. Held a black hole in his hand and toss it, he casually punched a worm who injested 2 million tons of mountain and send it flying, he destroyed planetoids easily oh and he moved earth against starbreaker's pull

Those feats are >>>>>>>>> what hulk has done

Just ask Delta he can show you smile

MMH helped. Contained black hole. Scans of planetoids. Scans of mountain busting. Hal helped him move/contain Earth. We are talking about destroying here because hulk has fts that piss on planet moving/destroying.

carver9
You try to be clever and fail so hard. eek!

My cleverness is working. smile

Delta1938
My cleverness is working. smile

emRtTwjEJeI

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Hulk never blew up earth, does that mean he can't as WBH?

Hey Doding Dodger.

SquallX

smile

Jesus man! Do you even read the things you write down before pressing submit?

Delta1938
Hey Doding Dodger.

He's been dodging my Superman vs Wonder Woman Battlezone challenge for weeks. I approve of the nickname "Doing Dodger."

carver9
Hey Doding Dodger.

Hulk broke something twice the size of Earth and it was stated on panel that his strength did it. The weakest version of Hulk.

Time-Immemorial
So he didn't break earth and this is a different hulk then wbh, and also is Hulk is not in this thread, so quit talking about hulk.

Also you said feats were not interchangeable.

So just stop.

SquallX
Hulk broke something twice the size of Earth and it was stated on panel that his strength did it. The weakest version of Hulk.

While Kal with no sunlight held the weight of the Earth for 5 days.

with MM moved Braniac's ship that was so big that a part of it was still inside the portal.

Defeated a being that gets stronger the more you think about him.

carver9
So he didn't break earth and this is a different hulk then wbh, and also is Hulk is not in this thread, so quit talking about hulk.

Also you said feats were not interchangeable.

So just stop.

I didn't bring up Hulk.

Fts aren't interchangeable? We are talking about Hulk here. One character.

carver9
Originally posted by SquallX
While Kal with no sunlight held the weight of the Earth for 5 days.

with MM moved Braniac's ship that was so big that a part of it was still inside the portal.

Defeated a being that gets stronger the more you think about him.

Stay on topic. We are talking about destroying here.

Time-Immemorial
I didn't bring up Hulk.

Fts aren't interchangeable? We are talking about Hulk here. One character.

Well Hulk isn't in here so, lets get off Hulks back, I dont think he can hold the weight.

Time-Immemorial

Pretty sure a sun depleted supes that can hold 5X earth weight, he can destroy earth..

SquallX

You're pathetic.

Come to me when Hulk and any other characters you wank can beat a being that gets stronger the more you think of him.

Also, unlike you're precious wank characters, Kal is not a brute that would destroy anything just to kill someone. He actually gives a damn about the ones he chooses to protect.

Delta1938
MMH helped. Contained black hole. Scans of planetoids. Scans of mountain busting. Hal helped him move/contain Earth. We are talking about destroying here because hulk has fts that piss on planet moving/destroying.

I recall you gushing over it when the feat wasn't used against you.

Held a solar system busting black hole.

Not sure which scene he was referring to.

I believe he's referring to Pre-DOS Superman sending a giant worm the size of a mountain through miles of ice or so.

Regardless of what you think about Hal helping, that was far more than moving Earth considering Starbreaker's involvement.

carver9
You're pathetic.

Come to me when Hulk and any other characters you wank can beat a being that gets stronger the more you think of him.

Also, unlike you're precious wank characters, Kal is not a brute that would destroy anything just to kill someone. He actually gives a damn about the ones he chooses to protect.

Post doesn't make sense.

carver9

I believe he's referring to Pre-DOS Superman sending a giant worm the size of a mountain through miles of ice or so.

Regardless of what you think about Hal helping, that was far more than moving Earth considering Starbreaker's involvement.

Well are talking about destroying things. Make a thread if you want to discuss this further.

Rao Kal El

Yes those feats. The one where he moved a jupiter size ship was nu superman witg mmh help.

In any case Carver does not understand that most of those feats translate into enough power to destroy the earth.

Unless carver thinks that moving an object with 317.8 times the mass of earth it means Superman cannot destroy earth. Even if this is a shared feat Superman exerted enough force to move 158.9 times the mass of earth.

Or to hold a black hole with enough mass to destroy the solar system also will require more than enough force to destroy earth

Also stopping small sized moon ships coming out from hyperspace will generate more than enough force to destroy earth.

Or moving earth and restoring it to it's orbital trench against the force of starbreaker. That also translates into more than enough force to destroy earth.

Hulk on the other hand need help to bust a planet on the dark dimension.

But that is Carver's logic.

You should challenge him Delta.

I will but I can't right now.

Rao Kal El
Well are talking about destroying things. Make a thread if you want to discuss this further.

Any of those feats translates in enough force to destroy earth sized planets several times over. If one is smart enough to connect the dots that is. smile
Not saying you are not smart enough, just conveniently overlook them. smile

DarkSaint85
Hey, I'll take that BZ. Rao, you can provide scans and their context to me.

Delta1938

no

riv6672
I loved this Hulk tangent! laughing out loud

Delta1938
Originally posted by riv6672
I loved this Hulk tangent! laughing out loud

big grin

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Hey, I'll take that BZ. Rao, you can provide scans and their context to me.

laughing out loud I will gladly give you the scans and context. I juat don't think Carver will talk to you.

HE MAD!

On topic I think DP Tyrant wil have a lot problems defeating Batman on the mobious chair. That freaking chair is ubber. Not saying Batman will win but I don't think Tyrant can clear this gauntlet.

riv6672
You know, i've never been in the BZ. Weird.

Rao Kal El
You know, i've never been in the BZ. Weird.

Me neither. For one reason or another the BZ's I was about to take, never happened in the end.

riv6672
I've just never seen the point of the forum.
Its weird my curiosity's never gotten the best of me though.

DarkSaint85
It lets people ger creative and sharpen skills, I guess.

riv6672
Meh, just seems like a more anal way to debate.
Still, if fun is had then cool.
Thing us, i've been here on slow days, and the BZ has never even crossed my mind to visit. The weirdness isnt the forum its my blind spot to it.

DarkSaint85
Meh, just seems like a more anal way to debate.
Still, if fun is had then cool.
Thing us, i've been here on slow days, and the BZ has never even crossed my mind to visit. The weirdness isnt the forum its my blind spot to it.

Yeah, because it's just hidden away in a separate section, really. Does depend on one being more...serious about comics, as it were.

SquallX

That's kinda cute Carver. What don't you make the thread? I'll debate against you.

BeyonderGod
Stop at the flash.

riv6672
^^^thanks!

Yeah, because it's just hidden away in a separate section, really. Does depend on one being more...serious about comics, as it were.
Like i said, anal. wink

ghostman

smile

superman has busted the equivalent of 700 earths, sit down boy

ghostman

smile

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/74503/1429269-justice_league_of_america_030_pg_17.jpg

1) Now first of all, I'd like to clear up some shit on this page specifically in regards to where the Moon's mass is stated on-panel:

"The Shadow's mass will be the same as the real Moon."

"81 Billion tons."

Now, that second line of dialogue, as stated by Batman, is false - the Mass of the Moon is not 81 Billion tons but is instead, in fact, much closer to 81 Billion Billion tons at 81 Quintillion tons, or at 73 Sextillion kilograms. I've also heard marvel **** drip try and suggest that the DC Comics variant of the Earth's Moon had possessed one billion times less mass than our real-life Moon, but this claim is also false. The writer of Justice League Vol. 2 #30, Dwayne McDuffie, had later specifically mentioned on his own website that he had tried to, and made a error in, calculating the real-life Moon's mass for this comic, as well as that he had originally intended to utilize the actual Moon's mass of 81 Quintillion tons. This is also very evident even in the dialogue itself, where it's clearly stated that the Shadow Moon's mass "will be the same as the real Moon", yet the distinction still wouldn't make much sense, if Earth's Moon in the DC Universe had possessed one billion times less mass than our real-life Moon.

2) For some "reason", some people always seem to selectively forget the basic scientific principal of "Force = Mass*Acceleration", even when it's been spoon-fed to them - it's also even funnier because that exact same comic, which had mentioned the F=MA equation on-panel, has already established that the Mass of the Shadow Moon, as well as the fact that it was heading to Earth. Still, do we know just how fast it was going?

"My ring clocks it at 7,614,000 km per hour"

...and thank you, Green Lantern! Now, we have everything that we need to figure out just how much Kinetic Energy the Shadow Moon was exerting while heading for Earth, and how much Superman had to exert to stop it! Keep in mind that Superman didn't simply "stop" the Shadow Moon either - he actually was able to not only match the Shadow Moon's forward momentum, moving at 7,614,000 km per hour or 2,115,000 m/s, but also outright shattered it into fragments and exerted far more than the necessary power to pulverize it.

KE = 1/2mv^2

KE = 1/2(73 Sextillion*2,115,000)^2

KE = 1.632727124e+35 Joules

Calculating the Kinetic Energy of the Shadow Moon has given us a result of 3.9 Quintillion Megatons of force - that's enough energy to destroy Earth 735.84x over!!!! good god... ****ing supes!!!!! heres the feat in action:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/27500/724603-justice_league_of_america__30__2009____page_17.jpg

superman>hulk.

riv6672
The only difference between Hulk and Supes feats? Hulk is limited by the fact he cant fly.

SquallX
The only difference between Hulk and Supes feats? Hulk is limited by the fact he cant fly.

Plus isn't smarter
Doesn't have friends in the future that can give him a blue print to a Multiversal weapon
Doesn't have exotic powers
Doesn't have a sun eater has a pet
Doesn't have many friends that would die for him for the cause just because he ask them them too

Clearly flying is the only thing he has over Hulk.

riv6672
I was referring to straight up strength feats. 80% of Superman's involves him flying.

But, good rant. I'm okay with you getting that off your chest, same as i did. thumb up

ghostman
I was referring to straight up strength feats. 80% of Superman's involves him flying.

But, good rant. I'm okay with you getting that off your chest, same as i did. thumb up

are you saying flying helps with his strength? i really hope youre not

LordofBrooklyn

DO NOT POST ABOUT SUPERMAN FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR!!!!

Delta1938
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn

He will if you jump off a bridge. MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE!!!

gJscrxxl_Bg

What are you waiting for?

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by ghostman
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/74503/1429269-justice_league_of_america_030_pg_17.jpg

1) Now first of all, I'd like to clear up some shit on this page specifically in regards to where the Moon's mass is stated on-panel:

"The Shadow's mass will be the same as the real Moon."

"81 Billion tons."

Now, that second line of dialogue, as stated by Batman, is false - the Mass of the Moon is not 81 Billion tons but is instead, in fact, much closer to 81 Billion Billion tons at 81 Quintillion tons, or at 73 Sextillion kilograms. I've also heard marvel **** drip try and suggest that the DC Comics variant of the Earth's Moon had possessed one billion times less mass than our real-life Moon, but this claim is also false. The writer of Justice League Vol. 2 #30, Dwayne McDuffie, had later specifically mentioned on his own website that he had tried to, and made a error in, calculating the real-life Moon's mass for this comic, as well as that he had originally intended to utilize the actual Moon's mass of 81 Quintillion tons. This is also very evident even in the dialogue itself, where it's clearly stated that the Shadow Moon's mass "will be the same as the real Moon", yet the distinction still wouldn't make much sense, if Earth's Moon in the DC Universe had possessed one billion times less mass than our real-life Moon.

2) For some "reason", some people always seem to selectively forget the basic scientific principal of "Force = Mass*Acceleration", even when it's been spoon-fed to them - it's also even funnier because that exact same comic, which had mentioned the F=MA equation on-panel, has already established that the Mass of the Shadow Moon, as well as the fact that it was heading to Earth. Still, do we know just how fast it was going?

"My ring clocks it at 7,614,000 km per hour"

...and thank you, Green Lantern! Now, we have everything that we need to figure out just how much Kinetic Energy the Shadow Moon was exerting while heading for Earth, and how much Superman had to exert to stop it! Keep in mind that Superman didn't simply "stop" the Shadow Moon either - he actually was able to not only match the Shadow Moon's forward momentum, moving at 7,614,000 km per hour or 2,115,000 m/s, but also outright shattered it into fragments and exerted far more than the necessary power to pulverize it.

KE = 1/2mv^2

KE = 1/2(73 Sextillion*2,115,000)^2

KE = 1.632727124e+35 Joules

Calculating the Kinetic Energy of the Shadow Moon has given us a result of 3.9 Quintillion Megatons of force - that's enough energy to destroy Earth 735.84x over!!!! good god... ****ing supes!!!!! heres the feat in action:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/27500/724603-justice_league_of_america__30__2009____page_17.jpg

superman>hulk.

WELCOME TO THE HOUSE OF EL!!!!

Rao Kal El
WELCOME TO THE HOUSE OF EL!!!!

This is your contribution to a superman related thread? stick out tongue

abhilegend
Both Lex and Hal possessed infinite power in their God form.
Originally posted by Galan007
@ Phil.

I can't respond to your PM due to the wacky character in your username, but yes, that definitely puts Darkseid's power into perspective... Especially given that the CB was stated to possess infinite power on the very same page:
http://i.imgur.com/0YqVKuJ.jpg
ie. Darkseid's power~CB=infinite.

Heck, Darkseid's power could very well have been greater than the CB's... It was just the closest match in the universe that Mother Box could find.

It's also worth noting that the Omega power Lex inherited from Darkseid was stated to be infinite as well:
http://i.imgur.com/GOv80N5.jpg

thumb up

riv6672
Originally posted by ghostman
are you saying flying helps with his strength? i really hope youre not
No, i was saying his ability to fly helps with his strength feats.

Thats cute.

Delta1938
No, i was saying his ability to fly helps with his strength feats.

You would have to prove that's what the writer intended. I'm sure there's cases of that, but your argument that all feats involving flight are helped by it? Burden of proof is on you.

And yes, I'm aware of that scan under Byrne. Few if any writers seemed to put stock in Superman having a form of telekinesis after Byrne, and we've got Supes saying Connor has a power he doesn't, so I wouldn't put much weight in that scan unless you're arguing it for a Byrne feat.

Plus, his best strength feat is without flight. And tops, well, Amy strength feat I've seen.

DarkSaint85
Way I see it....

In flight, Superman is close if not equal to Wally.

Therefore, the thrusts of their engines, as it were, ate roughly the same.

Can Flash replicate any of Superman's strength feats?

riv6672
You guys are overthinking what i said.

All i meant was, Superman's ability to fly puts him in a position to carry out strength feats Hulk "cant" (please notice quotation marks) because Hulk cant fly.
An example cited in this thread is Superman (and MMH) moving a Jupiter sized ship.
Does anyone really think an angry Hulk with the power of flight couldnt have done the same?
I personally think he could have.

Delta1938

All i meant was, Superman's ability to fly puts him in a position to carry out strength feats Hulk "cant" (please notice quotation marks) because Hulk cant fly.
An example cited in this thread is Superman (and MMH) moving a Jupiter sized ship.
Does anyone really think an angry Hulk with the power of flight couldnt have done the same?

Honestly, that's a circular argument.

riv6672
No, it isnt, but i'm not looking to change your mind on the subject.
You certainly wont change mine.

Delta1938
No, it isnt, but i'm not looking to change your mind on the subject.
You certainly wont change mine.

It most certainly is the way you presented it.

If your argument is based on actual Hulk feats, then present one. But the way you wrote it? Whether this is what you intended or not, it's saying, "It's like this because that's the way I think it should be."

If you're just going to fall back on that, why waste both our time with responses?

DarkSaint85
So, stops at Flash?

carver9

He would've done it easily. This is the same guy that was on his feet after having a sun on his back.

DarkSaint85
Hyperbole.

riv6672

If your argument is based on actual Hulk feats, then present one. But the way you wrote it? Whether this is what you intended or not, it's saying, "It's like this because that's the way I think it should be."

If you're just going to fall back on that, why waste both our time with responses?
Again, not looking to change your mind.
I made a statement on an MB (in my own thread to boot). That statement is no more a waste of time than anything written in all caps/red font.

abhilegend
He would've done it easily. This is the same guy that was on his feet after having a sun on his back.
Just one? Batman had several suns in his glove and was swinging them easily

Batman in his suit>>>hulk.

Delta1938
Again, not looking to change your mind.
I made a statement on an MB (in my own thread to boot). That statement is no more a waste of time than anything written in all caps/red font.

I just find it rather contradictory how you spend more time defending you won't debate and won't have your mind changed than actually properly defending your stance.

Delta1938

I've seen the scans, and if you're going to justify Hulk supported the weight of a star, then you have to accept Superman's superior stellar level feats.

Otherwise, you're a hypocrite. Of course we know you're going to try to have your cake and eat it too.

riv6672
I've seen the scans, and if you're going to justify Hulk supported the weight of a star, then you have to accept Superman's superior stellar level feats.

Otherwise, you're a hypocrite. Of course we know you're going to try to have your cake and eat it too.
Stellar level feats that require Superman to fly, more than likely.
THAT is the true circular argument, Delta.
A Hulk feat can be matched by a Superman feat, as both have "static lifts".
Many Superman feat cant be matched by Hulk, as Hulk cant perform them due to not possessing flight.
So, Superman fans can/do claim Superman to be superior, because of this.

That is also hypocrisy. To use your own put down.
While i enjoy a little back and forth, i'm not going to "defend" anything for multiple pages to a closed minded hypocrite who ignores the obvious difference in Brick/Flying Brick.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

The sheer gall here.

HulkIsHulk
You're pathetic.
Apparently whoever you're talking about is a coldblooded mass murder who destroys everything in his way? Hmmm, Super-Doomsday?

DarkSaint85
Just one? Batman had several suns in his glove and was swinging them easily

Batman in his suit>>>hulk.

Not just any suns. Red suns, so larger than the average.

But sure, Proxima Midnight can leap about whilst swinging this stellar spear, and Cage tanked her best blows.

Cage = abstract.

HulkIsHulk
And why is this topic talking about hulk when its about JLA and DP Tyrant? Carver bait? Bad timing bros, he just switched over to another side.

HulkIsHulk
Not just that. Superman is the front and center of the DC universe and propaganda. Hulk is just Hulk. One in a million. The only reason he's not some punching bag is that he's one of Marvel's oldest characters and one of the more popular ones, with a significant pop culture impact of his own.

HulkIsHulk
Not just any suns. Red suns, so larger than the average.
But sure, Proxima Midnight can leap about whilst swinging this stellar spear, and Cage tanked her best blows.
Cage = abstract.
Wait a minute, weren't they shrunk enough to be weightless?

abhilegend
No. Atom's tech doesn't negates mass.

Rao Kal El
Can someone bump Carver's superman hulk thread? To not derail this one any more smile

riv6672
Couldnt be any LESS, fella! stick out tongue

carver9

What stellar ft?

Delta1938
Stellar level feats that require Superman to fly, more than likely.
THAT is the true circular argument, Delta.
A Hulk feat can be matched by a Superman feat, as both have "static lifts".
Many Superman feat cant be matched by Hulk, as Hulk cant perform them due to not possessing flight.
So, Superman fans can/do claim Superman to be superior, because of this.

That is also hypocrisy. To use your own put down.
While i enjoy a little back and forth, i'm not going to "defend" anything for multiple pages to a closed minded hypocrite who ignores the obvious difference in Brick/Flying Brick.

A circular argument is an argument that only works if you assume it to be true. You argue the feats "more than likely" required flight, when A: specific examples haven't even been cited, and B: would have to prove it provided some enhancement if flight was a part.

Two of the examples I had in mind were not flight dependent as he held them at points while not flying at all. You're using "he flew!!" As a crutch, really.

You went into that pointless rant without even asking what examples I had in mind. You continue to defend your inability to debate instead of your arguments. And you call me a hypocrite without knowing what the **** you're talking about.

Are you just in love with reading your own typing?

carver9
Lol...flight does provide enhancement/assistance . This isn't questionable at all.

Delta1938
What stellar ft?

Why, the ones you've already argued "don't count" despite having similar reasons for being legit as Hulk supporting a sun!!

carver9
Why, the ones you've already argued "don't count" despite having similar reasons for being legit as Hulk supporting a sun!!

Name it.

Delta1938
Name it.

Already have on one, actually.

carver9
Already have on one, actually.

Which ft was that?

HulkIsHulk
Still wonder why he wasn't crushing that telephone while he was jumping on the numbers to call someone while small. it definetly reduces weight atleast. Then again Galan knows about this more than me

carver9
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Still wonder why he wasn't crushing that telephone while he was jumping on the numbers to call someone while small. it definetly reduces weight atleast. Then again Galan knows about this more than me

Yep. It reduces weight.

Delta1938
Which ft was that?

It's already been cited.

carver9
Yep. It reduces weight.

https://qph.is.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-e8a95338197b77cb0126e7ef9c3b8bd0?convert_to_webp=true

He can most definitely reduce mass.

carver9
It's already been cited.

The one I ignore?

DarkSaint85
Same way the Earth under Hulk's feet wasn't crushed when a star is placed on it.

Or Prixima Midnight is able to leap about doing kung fu stuff, whilst holding her stellar mass spear.

Is she that strong? Able to lift stellar mass casually?

Then why didn't Cage get atomised by a single punch from her? She certainly wasn't holding back.

The conclusion, is that PM can ALSO negate the mass of a star. Enough that it weighs a lot, sure. But it isn't the same as saying Hulk can lift an average sized star.

DarkSaint85
Basically, every argument carver brings to minimize Atom (heh), also works for PM.

Otherwise, Cage is an abstract.

HulkIsHulk
Apparently a guy who can output power surpassing the combined energy of Silver Surfer's power cosmic, Namor's strength and classic Doctor Strange's magic, or exerting so much force that a cosmic entity struggled to contain, breaking through barriers Kang's technology couldn't break through, pulling together separating tectonic plates while weakened, overcoming telekinetic repulsion strong enough to literally repel the barrier of reality, throwing a thumb sized gem into the core of a planet, or overcome his own strength redirected at him, and has a powerset that allows him to continuously exert his strength can't possess the strength to do that? Well you're unbiased
And I still don't get what you guys get out of making pointless spats with Carver

DarkSaint85
https://qph.is.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-e8a95338197b77cb0126e7ef9c3b8bd0?convert_to_webp=true

I thought we don't feat share?

DcnU, carver.

carver9

Yep. Please stop replying to him because he doesn't make sense. Proxima has to activate her ability. Shes not walking around with poison leaking out of her staff of Beams shooting out of her staff or the staff oozing black mass (like it did around Hulk) or turning purple, red, etc... or splitting up into 3 Spears.

It's an active power. Let me reword that. It's OBVIOUSLY a staff that has abilities that needs to be activated. Leave it be bro. Your argument will not get anywhere.

carver9
Apparently a guy who can output power surpassing the combined energy of Silver Surfer's power cosmic, Namor's strength and classic Doctor Strange's magic, or exerting so much force that a cosmic entity struggled to contain, breaking through barriers Kang's technology couldn't break through, pulling together separating tectonic plates while weakened, overcoming telekinetic repulsion strong enough to literally repel the barrier of reality, throwing a thumb sized gem into the core of a planet, or overcome his own strength redirected at him, and has a powerset that allows him to continuously exert his strength can't possess the strength to do that? Well you're unbiased
And I still don't get what you guys get out of making pointless spats with Carver

You forgot, he can also punch through anext indestructible barrier that Excalibur was unable to breach.

DarkSaint85
Yep. Please stop replying to him because he doesn't make sense. Proxima has to activate her ability. Shes not walking around with poison leaking out of her staff of Beams shooting out of her staff or the staff oozing black mass (like it did around Hulk) or turning purple, red, etc... or splitting up into 3 Spears.

It's an active power. Let me reword that. It's OBVIOUSLY a staff that has abilities that needs to be activated. Leave it be bro. Your argument will not get anywhere.

Exactly.

So it has levels. Nothing in Proxima Midnights statement gave an indication how large this star was.

We can certainly argue that Batman's red suns were lighter, due to their size.

Yet, somehow, PMs star is meant to be = an average, generic star. Based on?

Hulk struggled to lift it.

But how strong is Hulk?

He lifted a star.

How heavy was this star?

Hulk struggled to lift it, so it must be heavy.

But how strong is Hulk?

Etc etc.

HulkIsHulk
Same way the Earth under Hulk's feet wasn't crushed when a star is placed on it.
Or Prixima Midnight is able to leap about doing kung fu stuff, whilst holding her stellar mass spear.
Is she that strong? Able to lift stellar mass casually?
Then why didn't Cage get atomised by a single punch from her? She certainly wasn't holding back.
The conclusion, is that PM can ALSO negate the mass of a star. Enough that it weighs a lot, sure. But it isn't the same as saying Hulk can lift an average sized star.
Ummm, the spear wasn't said to have the weight of a star, the energy net around Hulk was said to have the weight of a star. And you're right, its hyperbole. And why Cage wasn't atomised? The same reason Cage didn't get hurt, let alone either sliced in half or get splattered when a bloodlusted inverted Thor during Axis sung Jarnbjorn at Cage.

HulkIsHulk
You forgot, he can also punch through anext indestructible barrier that Excalibur was unable to breach.
Sorry Carver, but I cannot go with you on this. Please tell where it was said Excalibur couldn't even breach it. Or where Excalibur was even mentioned in that comic. It simply said they found the wall impenetrable.

HulkIsHulk
Yep. Please stop replying to him because he doesn't make sense.
Or maybe he and his ilk are simply spouting nonsense to annoy you like always and chuckle at your reaction roll eyes (sarcastic)

DarkSaint85
Ummm, the spear wasn't said to have the weight of a star, the energy net around Hulk was said to have the weight of a star. And you're right, its hyperbole. And why Cage wasn't atomised? The same reason Cage didn't get hurt, let alone either sliced in half or get splattered when a bloodlusted inverted Thor during Axis sung Jarnbjorn at Cage.

thumb up.

And the reason for these spats?

They occur with everyone. If h1came in here now and said something silly, we all jump on him too.

For example, a day or so ago, carver was swearing he doesn't feat share. Only uses feats for characters if they've done it.

Then, in this thread, uses pre crisis? Certainly pre flashpoint scans for Ray Palmer, to support his argument for DCnU Ray.

Such blatant hypocrisy.

DarkSaint85
Or maybe he and his ilk are simply spouting nonsense to annoy you like always and chuckle at your reaction roll eyes (sarcastic)

Its not nonsense, however. Not in the way one thinks.

We're using carvers own logic. None, I repeat, NONE are arguing Batman has super stellar strength. You are right, he miniaturised his suns, and they have less mass.

But by the same token, neither was Hulks' showing proof of his stellar strength. There are other feats to use.

carver9

It was said to be a sun. I'm sure everyone here knows what a SUN is. It isn't your average star.

carver9
Sorry Carver, but I cannot go with you on this. Please tell where it was said Excalibur couldn't even breach it. Or where Excalibur was even mentioned in that comic. It simply said they found the wall impenetrable.

It said they tried everything to breach the wall but failed. If Black Knight was present, lol, and he's trying to breach something with his sword in his possession, what do you think he will do, punch and kick it or ya know, pull out his most powerful weapon. It all boils down to common sense.

HulkIsHulk
It said they tried everything to breach the wall but failed. If Black Knight was present, lol, and he's trying to breach something with his sword in his possession, what do you think he will do, punch and kick it or ya know, pull out his most powerful weapon. It all boils down to common sense.
I prefer not to take extremely extrapolated feats. Sometimes I just can't understand your assumptions
I went through an old thread and found this. No comments.
Hhhmmm...Hulks healing factor IS his durability but WWH is stronger than Thor by quite a bit. Don't know who wins this. Thor is the better fighter and I believe he could land the most licks so I'm giving it to Thor.

carver9
I went through an old thread and found this. No comments.

Yeah...I was gone. Can't believe I wrote that nonsense.

celeyhyga17
Curious.. Other than Carvster, what is everyone's take on that scene?

Delta1938
The one I ignore?

Actually you argued against it in this topic.

To make sure you see DS.

I thought we don't feat share?

DcnU, carver.

Exactly.

So it has levels. Nothing in Proxima Midnights statement gave an indication how large this star was.

We can certainly argue that Batman's red suns were lighter, due to their size.

Yet, somehow, PMs star is meant to be = an average, generic star. Based on?

Hulk struggled to lift it.

But how strong is Hulk?

He lifted a star.

How heavy was this star?

Hulk struggled to lift it, so it must be heavy.

But how strong is Hulk?

Etc etc.

Delta1938

White Knighting without seeing the point?

Also dunno how this argument turned out this way. Nor do I care much.

DarkSaint85
It was said to be a sun. I'm sure everyone here knows what a SUN is. It isn't your average star.

It just means it has planets orbiting it.

Says nothing much about its size. You can have stars MUCH much larger than our Sun, after all.

IOW, yet more idiocy.

Yeah...I was gone. Can't believe I wrote that nonsense.

Drunk AGAIN? Damn.

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Curious.. Other than Carvster, what is everyone's take on that scene?

PM scene? Weight of a star held Hulk down.

How large was this star? THAT's the question that needs to be answered. According to carver, that star would be the largest one in the universe, if he has his way.

OR, it could be the weight of a small star. Point is, we do not know. Hyperbole? Or just a questionable feat? Either way, surely Hulk has more and better feats, right?

Delta1938
Helping DS.

It just means it has planets orbiting it.

Says nothing much about its size. You can have stars MUCH much larger than our Sun, after all.

IOW, yet more idiocy.

Drunk AGAIN? Damn.

How large was this star? THAT's the question that needs to be answered. According to carver, that star would be the largest one in the universe, if he has his way.

OR, it could be the weight of a small star. Point is, we do not know. Hyperbole? Or just a questionable feat? Either way, surely Hulk has more and better feats, right?

carver9
Sigh...I have him on ignore for a reason. I guess I have to place a hand full of peeps on ignore just to get away from dark.

Also, Batman brain was supported a city. smile

The difference between the word star and the word sun is that a sun has planets that orbits them. A star...

Delta1938
Sigh...I have him on ignore for a reason. I guess I have to place a hand full of peeps on ignore just to get away from dark.

The difference between the word star and the word sun is that a sun has planets that orbits them. A star...

You FEEEEEAR HIMMMMMMM. mad

DarkSaint85

A star is much larger. A star/sun can be any size - especially in comics. Saying it is a sun means nothing for its size/mass. Basic astronomy.

I see carver once more is unable to comprehend matters.

NOBODY is saying Batman has stellar strength levels. This fallacy only occurs when using carver's own logic.

IF Hulk supported a star with its full mass, then Batman has also done so.

Delta1938
A star is much larger. A sun can be any size - especially in comics.

I see carver once more is unable to comprehend matters.

NOBODY is saying Batman has stellar strength levels. This fallacy only occurs when using carver's own logic.

IF Hulk supported a star with its full mass, then Batman has also done so.

DarkSaint85
But back to the thread -

Tyrant stops at Flash, when we see more of Lex he may well stop at Luthor.

celeyhyga17

Spear is very powerful. That much is evident. Not even going into all that weight stuff, I took it simply as a powerful weapon that held him down.

After reexamining the scene, I started inching towards Carver's take. For one PM stated that it was "Forged from a sun trapped in distorted space-time. All at was it was a life giving new star, and also an all-consuming supernova."
Initially I dismissed it as somewhat of a hyperbole and that it was powerful weapon that held him in place. But the way the author described it gave some weight to what it may be capable of. Before that scene it had already done some nasty stuff like owning a powerful character in Spectrum. It started to destroy her in a subatomic level. Now on panel we have PM directly stating that the weight of a star is upon him. It's not like she said "infinite weight" or something unquantifiable. It's not unlike when Supes or Thor encounter increased localized gravity through some type of contraption so that can explain why the whole planet didn't fall off orbit with all that weight/mass.
And in regards to Bat's multiple suns, it's different in that Bats was never encumbered or shown to be encumbered with those mini suns at his disposal. It's not like Bruce was going "ughhh gotta attack DS even though the weight of multiple suns is in my arm". Here we have Hulk directly being affected and struggling against some force created by this weapon.

Now as to the actual size of the sun, I'm going to afford him the idea that it's a regular sun since that's what we do for other other characters in regards to feats.

In the end Carver has on panel evidence backing him. My bias was really to blame for M initial dismissal.

carver9
Added Delta to my ignore list but since he did quote Dark. The star that was on Hulk as stated here wasnt a small star. This pretty much tells us where Hickman was going with this. The sun was trapped inside of space time because it had the power to consume all.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111138490/3475066-hulk_lifts_star_001_infinity_6_001.jpg

Glad that argument is over. Now can we get back on topic since Hulk isnt in this thread and I can no longer see posts from both Darksaint and Delta (bye bye Felicia).

DarkSaint85
Spear is very powerful. That much is evident. Not even going into all that weight stuff, I took it simply as a powerful weapon that held him down.

After reexamining the scene, I started inching towards Carver's take. For one PM stated that it was "Forged from a sun trapped in distorted space-time. All at was it was a life giving new star, and also an all-consuming supernova."
Initially I dismissed it as somewhat of a hyperbole and that it was powerful weapon that held him in place. But the way the author described it gave some weight to what it may be capable of. Before that scene it had already done some nasty stuff like owning a powerful character in Spectrum. It started to destroy her in a subatomic level. Now on panel we have PM directly stating that the weight of a star is upon him. It's not like she said "infinite weight" or something unquantifiable. It's not unlike when Supes or Thor encounter increased localized gravity through some type of contraption so that can explain why the whole planet didn't fall off orbit with all that weight/mass.
And in regards to Bat's multiple suns, it's different in that Bats was never encumbered or shown to be encumbered with those mini suns at his disposal. It's not like Bruce was going "ughhh gotta attack DS even though the weight of multiple suns is in my arm". Here we have Hulk directly being affected and struggling against some force created by this weapon.

True.

So how strong is Hulk?
Answer: he held a star. He strong.

How heavy was the star?
Answer: heavy, because Hulk held it.

But how strong is Hulk, then?
Answer: strong enough to take a star on his back.

How heavy was this star?
Answer: Oh, very heavy. Even Hulk was struggling with it.

Etc etc.

NOBODY said that Bruce has stellar strength, btw. But the star IS unquantifiable.

abhilegend
Lulz @ Carver. Who else are you going to put on ignore?

celeyhyga17
True.

So how strong is Hulk?
Answer: he held a star. He strong.

How heavy was the star?
Answer: heavy, because Hulk held it.

But how strong is Hulk, then?
Answer: strong enough to take a star on his back.

How heavy was this star?
Answer: Oh, very heavy. Even Hulk was struggling with it.

Etc etc.
I edited my post. I have no choice but to use an average sized sun whatever that is since we usually do that for other characters when it comes to feats of this magnitude. It would seem like I'm nitpicking.

The feat does not fall in the unquantifiable category if we take PM's word.

Another thing.. This is more durability feat than strength since he didn't do much. He was basically held in place.

DarkSaint85

Hey now. He might be drunk. It'll all be over soon.

Delta1938

Bootsie is afraid of everybody!!! eek! laughing

abhilegend
I edited my post. I have no choice but to use an average sized sun whatever that is since we usually do that for other characters when it comes to feats of this magnitude. It would seem like I'm nitpicking.

How about Lobo throwing around stellar mass without any leverage?

Or Superman stalemating a machine with the energy output of sun against the moon.

Both are stronger than hulk by carver logic.

thumb up

carver9

Or Superman stalemating a machine with the energy output of sun against the moon.

thumb up

What stellar mass did Lobo throw around?

carver9

Never you bro. You're my rival.

DarkSaint85

But in terms of size, it's DEF not average sun-sized (I know you meant to use the word mass stick out tongue )

http://www.universetoday.com/25331/size-of-stars/

To become a sun, you need planets. And that can occur with any size of star.

Besides, PM, as you pointed out, SPECIFICALLY said it has the weight of a star. NOT a sun.

carver9

Another thing.. This is more durability feat than strength since he didn't do much. He was basically held in place.

He was standing in the end though.

DarkSaint85
What stellar mass did Lobo throw around?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111115653/3501064-7177738075-34190.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/133524/2763791-2763211-78894_original_super.jpg

celeyhyga17

thumb up
Hey.. We've all been around long enough to read crazy shiet in comics.

DarkSaint85
Hey.. We've all been around long enough to read crazy shiet in comics.

Lobo had a massive hole in him too, lol.

celeyhyga17
He was standing in the end though.
Nah bro.

Feel free to post it. I certainly don't recall that.

abhilegend
Heh, Lobo destroyed a planet by his fart.

Match that hulk.

abhilegend
Never you bro. You're my rival.
Aww, that's so cute.

carver9
Nah bro.

Feel free to post it. I certainly don't recall that.

Next time we see him he is on both feet ending with Proxima snatching the blade out.

http://s20.postimg.org/iqvbnolsd/Hulk_Tanks_Weight_of_Star_Infinity_006_004.jpg

I don't need to draw circles or anything proving he is standing up do I?

celeyhyga17
Lobo had a massive hole in him too, lol.
Lobo > Presence

Anyways, Thor can react fast enuff to counter. PR closed the the thread I was enjoying.

shifty

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>