Officer Acquitted

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KingD19
https://www.rt.com/usa/325176-officer-acquitted-kicking-black-man/

Yet another seemingly open and shut case where the cop gets off pretty much scott free. Apparently the suspect was part of a big fight the cops broke up and he ran off. Dispatch says it's a guy in a yellow shirt with a gun they're looking for.

So the cops rush up on an unarmed guy in a white tank top and a yellow hat because that's clearly the same person. He doesn't fight back, doesn't argue. He follows orders and is in the process of getting down on the ground when the cop kicks him in the jaw so hard he knocks him out and breaks it.

There's dash cam footage, and you can clearly see this guy took it way too far. But he's a cop, so of course the jury says he didn't do anything wrong. He even said, "I didn't mean to kick him in the head/face, I meant to kick him in the body."

Why was kicking him necessary at all when he was complying with all your demands, and may not have even been involved with the crime you were investigating?

The cop also says he feared for his safety and that of his partner. Apparently all you have to say is you felt threatened or feared for your safety and it's a free pass to f*ck up suspects however you want.

dadudemon
Watched the vid.

Whaaaat the fuuuuu**?

That's thuggish violence. He should be serving time for that. Holy shit...what an animal.

So very stupid that he can get away with it by just claiming that he felt threatened. There needs to be some national level enforcement on cases like these that will not allow them to go to a civilian jury trial (because, despite the love-relationship Americans have with jury trials and the US Constitution, jury trials are not all that great in some cases..."right to a fair trial" is not always a jury trial, imo).

You don't see shit like this happening in Sweden, for example. People say the police there are the best. It's because you'd probably never see a Swedish cop kicking a complying guy in the face.

This is something I could see "they clearly lost their shit" protests happening over (though they are not justified because crime does not justify crime).

I don't need anything else to conclude that this cop is a piece of shit and should never serve in any type of law enforcement capacity the rest of his life. Not only that, he should be serving jail time.

There should be stricter penalties for police officers who abuse their power, in my very arrogant and unhumble opinion. no expression

Edit - If only a vid like this was available for the Ferguson bullshit.

Tattoos N Scars
The police should just not patrol thise neighborhoods and ignore any emergency phone calls concerning crime in those areas. Let black people police themselves and we'll see how far they get.

Mindset
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
The police should just not patrol thise neighborhoods and ignore any emergency phone calls concerning crime in those areas. Let black people police themselves and we'll see how far they get. Are you a retarded person?

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by Mindset
Are you a retarded person?

Why shouldn't they?

Mindset
Why shouldn't they? I'll take that as a, "yes".

Time-Immemorial
Is this the incident in Chicago where the prosecution acquitted him?

Tattoos N Scars
It's a hate crime for a white cop to pull a black person over for speeding. It is automatic racial profiling.

Time-Immemorial
Ah I see it's not. In Chicago a police officer just killed someone and the prosecution dropped the charges and he is acquitted and now BLM is demanding Rahm Emmanuel to resign.

Tattoos N Scars
I'll take that as a, "yes".

I'm not liberal, so I'm not retarded. It's people like you ruining this country.

Mindset
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Is this the incident in Chicago where the prosecution acquitted him? I don't think so, here's the vid. Are you talking about that shooting that has been in the news?

2YVMgq3hs5g#t=140

Time-Immemorial
Mindset is a cool man, he just likes to make jokes.

Mindset
I'm not liberal, so I'm not retarded. It's people like you ruining this country. Nah, you're definitely downsy judging from your posts in this thread.

Tattoos N Scars
Mindset is a f@g!!

Mindset
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Mindset is a cool man, he just likes to make jokes. I am cool, but I'm not joking right now.

If you watch the video, then read Tattoo's post in response to this thread, the only reasonable assumption is that he has some kind of mental deficit.

It's a shame really. I'll still be friends with him though, I'm no downsy hater.

quanchi112
Are you a retarded person? laughing out loud

Tattoos N Scars
I am cool, but I'm not joking right now.

If you watch the video, then read Tattoo's post in response to this thread, the only resemble assumption is that he has some kind of mental deficit.

It's a shame really. I'll still be friends with him though, I'm no downsy hater.

We're not friends, but I have a WHITE ass you can kiss though!!!

Mindset
We're not friends, but I have a WHITE ass you can kiss though!!! Eww, this homo. thumb down

We're still friends though.

Tattoos N Scars
Eww, this homo. thumb down

It's the best lookin ass you'll ever kiss, son!!!

Time-Immemorial
We're not friends, but I have a WHITE ass you can kiss though!!!
Eww, this homo. thumb down

laughing out loudlaughing out loud

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon
Edit - If only a vid like this was available for the Ferguson bullshit.

It seems we have pretty clear evidence that in Ferguson the cop didn't do anything wrong.

But on this subject, yes the cop went too far. I think cops are like drunk frat boys. They just do stupid shit all the time.

Don't get me wrong it's not easy to be a cop, especially in rough neighborhoods. I currently am dating a female cop and the stories I have heard are...disturbing.

But sometimes they do snap or do overly aggressive stuff.

NemeBro
I'm not liberal, so I'm not retarded. It's people like you ruining this country. You're a retard, and should probably kill yourself.

Ascendancy
I mean, that FBI agent threw down on a 14 year old and still has his gun and badge, so this doesn't surprise me. What I want to know is why so much still goes to juries. Judges are experts on the law who deal with it day in and day out. By the law there is no reasonable way to say that what happened here was justified or appropriate. A crime was committed and the cop got away with it.

Likely this cop will get desk duty, but who knows? Maybe he'll get back out on the street and kill someone the next time. The jurors were morons.

Tattoos, I have no idea why you made this a black/white thing with your comment about policing their own neighborhoods, but your bigot is showing. Kindly put it away and conduct yourself like you're over the age of 12.

Badabing
Everybody but Mindset and Quan are about to get triple warned to a temp ban if the bashing and trolling doesn't stop.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Surtur
It seems we have pretty clear evidence that in Ferguson the cop didn't do anything wrong.

This is irrelevant to my point.

Do you think we would have had the Ferguson riots if the police released a video, to the public, of the shooting, 24 hours later?

Henry_Pym
Originally posted by Ascendancy
I mean, that FBI agent threw down on a 14 year old and still has his gun and badge, so this doesn't surprise me. What I want to know is why so much still goes to juries. Judges are experts on the law who deal with it day in and day out. By the law there is no reasonable way to say that what happened here was justified or appropriate. A crime was committed and the cop got away with it.

Likely this cop will get desk duty, but who knows? Maybe he'll get back out on the street and kill someone the next time. The jurors were morons.

Tattoos, I have no idea why you made this a black/white thing with your comment about policing their own neighborhoods, but your bigot is showing. Kindly put it away and conduct yourself like you're over the age of 12. you realize that an officer can force you to do something if you don't comply right?

They even gave the reason in mindset's video why they stopped him... "He pulled his yellow shirt off"

Stop be dumb, and cops leave you alone.

Surtur
Originally posted by Badabing
Everybody but Mindset and Quan are about to get triple warned to a temp ban if the bashing and trolling doesn't stop.

Wait so I did..what?

Henry_Pym
I'm fairly certain it was a joke.

Surtur
It's really getting hard to tell these days.

Henry_Pym
Just don't say his name 3 times.

Surtur
But here, cop doesn't get acquitted for something:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/florida-deputy-indicted-killing-jermaine-mcbean-n478171

Surtur
On the other hand this is why you don't point a god damn gun at cops, even if you are black you still can't do this. I know, weird right?

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/jacksonville-florida-police-shoot-14-year-old-boy-carrying-airsoft-n478961

I love NBC. Notice how they had to mention the kid was black in the title of the article?

Agusto Pinochet
I'm glad he got off. Mass police brutality only exists in the minds of progressives.

Q99
Originally posted by Agusto Pinochet
I'm glad he got off. Mass police brutality only exists in the minds of progressives.

Every person killed by Cleveland police in the last 4 years has been black. 70% of them were unarmed. Black people make up only half the population of Cleveland. It looks to me like it's safer to be a white armed suspect than a black unarmed one.

It exists in the minds of progressives because they look at the statistics. It doesn't exist in the minds of people who don't look at the statistics.

MF DELPH
That list of people shot by police in Cleveland over the last 4 years only has 10 people on it. How many total arrests and police field calls have occurred in Cleveland during that time? And how many of those were Black Suspects who weren't shot? This police homicide rate could be less than .05%. Not to mention that with my people making up 53% of Cleveland's population, and the city's population being around 400,000 people, you're saying that in a 4 year span the Cleveland PD averaged 2.5 fatal shootings out of a population of 212,000 Black people per year. That's hardly pandemic.

Henry_Pym
Originally posted by Q99
Every person killed by Cleveland police in the last 4 years has been black. 70% of them were unarmed. Black people make up only half the population of Cleveland. It looks to me like it's safer to be a white armed suspect than a black unarmed one.

It exists in the minds of progressives because they look at the statistics. It doesn't exist in the minds of people who don't look at the statistics. lol dude.

3 evils; Lies, Damned lies & Statistics.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Q99

It exists in the minds of progressives because they look at the statistics. It doesn't exist in the minds of people who don't look at the statistics. A sample size that small can't be used as evidence. You'd have to look at the individual handling of each shooting. Considering how few shootings there were, it wouldn't be too hard for you.

Esau Cairn
Is my understanding correct that police officers in America patrol on their own?
So even if you're pulled over for something trivial, the police officer already has his gun drawn, just in case?

At least, this was what I was told when I visited California some 10 years ago.

Henry_Pym
No? Unless you are considered dangerous.

Esau Cairn
But do they patrol by themselves or have a partner with them?

MF DELPH
It's a mix of solo and pairs. Traffic Officers and Highway Patrol are typically solo. Officers called to crime scenes or to settle disputes/pursue suspects of violent crimes are typically in pairs. The former typically don't arrive to the scene brandishing their weapons, though they are armed. The latter is more likely to be brandishing their weapons (at least one of the officers) as they are likely entering a hostile situation.

Surtur
Who cares about Cleveland guys? Place has a Hellmouth under it, you can't solve it's problems by merely weeding out corrupt cops.

Though I'd be curious about the amount of black suspects who were shot. Or rather the amount of those who resisted arrest and were shot. I think it said a good chunk were unarmed so surely none of them resisted arrest since it'd be stupid to resist arrest especially if unarmed. So the cops just shot these guys for no reason?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Surtur
Who cares about Cleveland guys? Place has a Hellmouth under it, you can't solve it's problems by merely weeding out corrupt cops.

Though I'd be curious about the amount of black suspects who were shot. Or rather the amount of those who resisted arrest and were shot. I think it said a good chunk were unarmed so surely none of them resisted arrest since it'd be stupid to resist arrest especially if unarmed. So the cops just shot these guys for no reason?
Why do you always try to downplay the importance of fixing police corruption? I'm starting to become convinced that you're the head of a police union or something.

Star428
The police should just not patrol thise neighborhoods and ignore any emergency phone calls concerning crime in those areas. Let black people police themselves and we'll see how far they get.

Yeah, I agree. The rookie cop did nothing wrong here and frankly I'm tired of hearing blacks and liberals throw a temper tantrum when a jury decides, after hearing evidence, not to indict or convict someone. It's getting extremely annoying. FFS, if people have a problem with how our justice system works then they need to seriously consider moving to another country.

Star428
Originally posted by Agusto Pinochet

Agreed.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Star428
Yeah, I agree. The rookie cop did nothing wrong here and frankly I'm tired of hearing blacks and liberals throw a temper tantrum when a jury decides, after hearing evidence, not to indict or convict someone. It's getting extremely annoying. FFS, if people have a problem with how our justice system works then they need to seriously consider moving to another country. Did you watch the video?

Surtur
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Why do you always try to downplay the importance of fixing police corruption? I'm starting to become convinced that you're the head of a police union or something.

I was obviously kidding about the Hellmouth thing. I've never said fixing police corruption isn't important. Just that it's not more important then certain other issues. But that is just my opinion. Also I've been watching Buffy and Angel reruns on netflix.

I'm no cop, I'd be a terrible cop I'm paranoid so I'd most likely end up accidentally shooting people. I think it's important for people to recognize if they shouldn't be allowed to wield firearms.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by MF DELPH
It's a mix of solo and pairs. Traffic Officers and Highway Patrol are typically solo. Officers called to crime scenes or to settle disputes/pursue suspects of violent crimes are typically in pairs. The former typically don't arrive to the scene brandishing their weapons, though they are armed. The latter is more likely to be brandishing their weapons (at least one of the officers) as they are likely entering a hostile situation.

The reason I asked whether cops patrol solo or with partners is that it seems more cops that are implicated in "shooting first" seem to be solo cops.
Solo cops who may seem more fearful for their lives because they're on their own OR solo cops with a "cowboy attitude" thinking they can literally get away with
murder.

Here, cops always patrol in pairs & also have "paddy wagons" with up to 4 officers patrolling the same streets usually within 10 minutes of eachother.
Before any violence can quickly escalate there's usually a minimum of 4 officers already at the scene.
With that many cops at the scene, it kinda eliminates one cop going rogue or automatically pulling out their firearm.

In London, there was recently a guy having a psychotic fit in public. He'd armed himself with a carving knife & was pacing up & down the street, muttering to himself. Two cops arrived on the scene & rather than using physical force, they kept a safe distance from the guy & kept him occupied waiting for the riot squad to arrive.

About 15 officers arrived in the scene wearing riot gear & carrying perspex shields. They simply surrounded the guy wielding a knife & restrained him in a wall of shields before disarming him. A non-violent ending to a situation that could've ended worse for either parties involved.

Esau Cairn

Great idea for criminal organisations.
Once they realise black neighbourhoods are police no-go zones, they can establish their drug labs, car re-birthing chop shops & illegal brothels knowing full well the cops won't bother them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.