realistically...star wars should of never really been popular

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SWblayde938
I am a huge star wars fan, hence my name, but realistically it should of never gathered its popularity when.....

2001 was the more groundbreaking movie..

do you agree or disagree?

DarthAnt66
No.

Fated Xtasy
...............what you're insinuating is treason in this community, downright heresy.

Aurbere
Here. You'll need that.

Zenwolf
Except it did and yeah 2001 was a good movie, but I wouldn't call it more groundbreaking than Star Wars. Both had solid impacts, but Star Wars just moreso especially in pop culture.

Trocity
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
No.

Nephthys
Its almost as if more people enjoy fantastic adventure movies than cerebral sci-fi weirdness or something.

SWblayde938
many people today think 2001 had greater visuals, effects than New Hope?

Darth Abonis
Star Wars is and always was a benchmark. It tells the story that has been told so many times before and after the story of an underdog that becomes a hero. However, it was the one that made it popular and combined with ground-breaking special effects for the time and memorable characters and lore made it an instant classic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.