Black Widow vs Speedy/Arsenal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wakkawakkawakka
Not sure how these fights would turn out between the Arrow partners and the Avenger.

Round 1: H2H
Round 2: Standard load out(AoU weapons for Widow)

Both rounds take place on the freeway during the Winter Soldier fight. Who will win?

FrothByte
BW beats the crap out of either of these kids. But together they can actually win.

Placidity
BW beats the crap out of both of these kids together.

Arrow brats may have a better chance in Round 2. But then Widow probably just puts a bullet in their heads asap.

wakkawakkawakka
I agree that individually they don't stand much of a chance which is why I put them together.

relentless1
Together they kick her ass in a fistfight; take your MCU rose tinted glasses off and realize the truth here fanboys, she's only human and hasn't been portrayed as higher level than that in the films at all.

That being said shed kill them both in the second round. She has guns. Don't bring arrows to a gunfight.

Placidity
Originally posted by relentless1
Together they kick her ass in a fistfight; take your MCU rose tinted glasses off and realize the truth here fanboys, she's only human and hasn't been portrayed as higher level than that in the films at all.

So all humans are at the same level then?

What a baseless "fanboy" insult.

FrothByte
Arrow team has far more h2h feats to pull from. BW doesn't have enough h2h feats to prove she can beat both of them.

Placidity
Originally posted by FrothByte
Arrow team has far more h2h feats to pull from. BW doesn't have enough h2h feats to prove she can beat both of them.

Yes they do, but they are all sub par, especially Thea. Fight choreography for them is lame.

Only the big boys have the respectable feats.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Placidity
Yes they do, but they are all sub par, especially Thea. Fight choreography for them is lame.

Only the big boys have the respectable feats.

Fight choreography is lame but that doesn't make their feats any less impressive. What has BW done that makes you put her on a higher scale than these 2?

wakkawakkawakka
Be that as it may BW's best H2H feat is beating Hawkeye: though I'm not sure how impressive that is in the grand scheme of things.

While I do think Widow has the advantage in Round 2 I wouldn't say its solely because she has guns.

Henry_Pym
Widow (CA:WS) dispatched goons faster and with more ease than anyone in Arrow would have outside Ra's, Ollie & Malcolm.

80sBaby
Widow takes both rounds.

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Widow (CA:WS) dispatched goons faster and with more ease than anyone in Arrow would have outside Ra's, Ollie & Malcolm.
Lame Arrow choreography aside, the issue with Widow is that she's only really fought mooks and she has two above mook level opponents.

On a slightly unrelated note, it occurs to me that May/Ward have better combat feats as of this point.

80sBaby
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Lame Arrow choreography aside, the issue with Widow is that she's only really fought mooks and she has two above mook level opponents.

On a slightly unrelated note, it occurs to me that May/Ward have better combat feats as of this point.

While Widow hasn't had many "named" fights, what we've seen even against mooks has her out-performing the Arrow kids, imo.

Both may and Ward have been stated as below Widow, though.

FrothByte

Eh? Team Arrow dispatches gangs of goons pretty much every episode. It's pretty common for Thea and Roy to trample 3-5 goons at the same time on a regular basis. Thea easily killed 2 LOS assassins when they surprised her while she was sleeping.

I'm not saying they're better than BW, but nothing BW has done convinces me that she's better either. So right now it's 1 skilled fighter vs. 2 skilled fighters... and obviously she's outnumbered.

FrothByte
Originally posted by 80sBaby
While Widow hasn't had many "named" fights, what we've seen even against mooks has her out-performing the Arrow kids, imo.

Both may and Ward have been stated as below Widow, though.

Both May and Ward have been stated below Widow when it comes to agent status. They've never been mentioned to be inferior fighters. As of right now, basing on feats, May and Ward are above Black Widow in terms of h2h fights.

So what exactly has Widow done against mooks that outshines what the arrow kids have done against mooks?

Arachnid1
Both May and Ward have been stated below Widow when it comes to agent status. They've never been mentioned to be inferior fighters. As of right now, basing on feats, May and Ward are above Black Widow in terms of h2h fights.

So what exactly has Widow done against mooks that outshines what the arrow kids have done against mooks? She took on a lot more than just mooks, unlike those two.

Together they kick her ass in a fistfight; take your MCU rose tinted glasses off and realize the truth here fanboys, she's only human and hasn't been portrayed as higher level than that in the films at all. Yeah, not like she was killing super advanced and strong aliens left and right in Avengers.

Didn't she also last a good while against WS?

Speedy and Aresenal are speedbumps to her. She runs them both over with minimal effort.

Henry_Pym

On a slightly unrelated note, it occurs to me that May/Ward have better combat feats as of this point. the non-mooks that the Crimson archers have fought destroyed them... Not sure your point.

Also as said, Widow > May > Ward has been shown stated.
Bucky would stomp out everyone in the arrowverse outside Damien.

FrothByte
I'm still waiting for people to mention actual feats of BW that put her above Speedy and Arsenal. Right now all I hear is people saying she's better but not really giving proof.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Arachnid1
She took on a lot more than just mooks, unlike those two.

Yeah, not like she was killing super advanced and strong aliens left and right in Avengers.

Didn't she also last a good while against WS?

Speedy and Aresenal are speedbumps to her. She runs them both over with minimal effort.

Yeah, like who?

Super advanced and strong aliens that were completely featless? Aliens that server as fodder? You'll have to prove those aliens were any better than the average mook they face.

BW didn't last good against WS. She only lasted as long as she did because she took him by surprise.

wakkawakkawakka
the non-mooks that the Crimson archers have fought destroyed them... Not sure your point.

Also as said, Widow > May > Ward has been shown stated.
Bucky would stomp out everyone in the arrowverse outside Damien.
The non mooks that defeated them would beat Widow too. She's also fighting both of them at once in the scenarios above

When has that been shown? As of now May/Ward's combat feats trump Widow's. Also getting stomped by Bucky isn't really a point in Widow's favor either.

Arachnid1
Yeah, like who?

Super advanced and strong aliens that were completely featless? Aliens that server as fodder? You'll have to prove those aliens were any better than the average mook they face.

BW didn't last good against WS. She only lasted as long as she did because she took him by surprise. The have more advanced weaponry and tech, they were able to jump down from 6 story heights with no problem which suggest physiology superior to any human including Widow/Aresenal/Speedy, and they were able to take hard hits from Cap and his shield and keep coming before being taken down. Every single one of them armed with laser rifles, and Widow was still killing them left and right. Those "featless" aliens are far above anyone Arsenal or Speedy have taken.

Now, keeping all that in mind, you're gonna have to prove any of those average mooks who served as fodder were better than the Chitauri. And this is all before we even get into the fact that she was taking on Ultrons robots in hand to hand too. Speedy and Arsenal being a match for her after taking out some random mooks is laughable.

FrothByte
The have more advanced weaponry and tech, they were able to jump down from 6 story heights with no problem which suggest physiology superior to any human including Widow/Aresenal/Speedy, and they were able to take hard hits from Cap and his shield and keep coming before being taken down. Every single one of them armed with laser rifles, and Widow was still killing them left and right. Those "featless" aliens are far above anyone Arsenal or Speedy have taken.

Now, keeping all that in mind, you're gonna have to prove any of those average mooks who served as fodder were better than the Chitauri. And this is all before we even get into the fact that she was taking on Ultrons robots in hand to hand too. Speedy and Arsenal being a match for her after taking out some random mooks is laughable.

First off, I'm arguing for the h2h round. And IIRC, BW never took down any of the Chitauri in pure h2h, she had to use her stun bracelets, guns, or even a laser rifle from the Chitauri. I'll have to review the fight later on to be doubly sure though.
So killing them left and right doesn't really add much to her h2h abilities considering:

a. She used weapons to kill the Chitauri
b. The chitauri doesn't have any h2h feats. They have advanced technology and they can jump high. Big deal. A grasshopper jumps higher than a centipede.

As for the Ultron bots, Cap seemed to have an easier time taking out Ultron bots than taking out SHIELD/Hydra agents. So not sure if they're a good indication of h2h prowess.

Besides, even if we do consider the Ultronbots and Chitauri extra durable, they still have no h2h skills to speak of.

At least Speedy and Roy have gone up against LOS warriors who do fight h2h.

Henry_Pym
Yeah, like who?

BW didn't last good against WS. She only lasted as long as she did because she took him by surprise. the bias here is making my head hurt.

Widow chumps out superhuman aliens, thus lowball them and ask for self evident evidence...

Not to mention she dropped an engine room full of hydra goons while still planning Cap's love life.

Henry_Pym
The non mooks that defeated them would beat Widow too. She's also fighting both of them at once in the scenarios above

When has that been shown? As of now May/Ward's combat feats trump Widow's. Also getting stomped by Bucky isn't really a point in Widow's favor either. you brought this up... I'm still not sure why

When has 2 characters from different series interacted? Sorry, you gave me a brain ache. Again I didn't bring him up.

FrothByte
the bias here is making my head hurt.

Widow chumps out superhuman aliens, thus lowball them and ask for self evident evidence...

Not to mention she dropped an engine room full of hydra goons while still planning Cap's love life.

Did Widow beat those aliens in h2h?

Arachnid1
First off, I'm arguing for the h2h round. And IIRC, BW never took down any of the Chitauri in pure h2h, she had to use her stun bracelets, guns, or even a laser rifle from the Chitauri. I'll have to review the fight later on to be doubly sure though.
So killing them left and right doesn't really add much to her h2h abilities considering:

a. She used weapons to kill the Chitauri
b. The chitauri doesn't have any h2h feats. They have advanced technology and they can jump high. Big deal. A grasshopper jumps higher than a centipede.

As for the Ultron bots, Cap seemed to have an easier time taking out Ultron bots than taking out SHIELD/Hydra agents. So not sure if they're a good indication of h2h prowess.

Besides, even if we do consider the Ultronbots and Chitauri extra durable, they still have no h2h skills to speak of.

At least Speedy and Roy have gone up against LOS warriors who do fight h2h. The finishing blow to the Chitauri may have been a gun most of the time, but she was still besting them in hand to hand before using it. There were even scenes were she was tearing into their mechanical parts to kill them. That wasn't a stun bracelet. That was her killing them in hand to hand by tearing into their machinery. Never, in any of the Iron Man, Cap, or Avengers movies, has she had or used a stun bracelet. She had a stun baton in Ultron, but thats about it. Whats the point of a stun baton if you have a stun bracelet?

And what specific feats did those two fodder League assassins have? You're not willing to accept that Widow is as skilled as May or Ward despite them all being apart of Shield (and Widow being stated above them), so why would you assume all League Assassins are made equal? Also, I'm going to need you to post the clip. I cant remember, but I'd be willing to bet they beat them by stabbing them with an arrow or the likes as opposed to snapping their necks or knocking them out.

Also, and grasshoppers aren't shaped exactly like centipedes (not to mention they're not as aggressive and aren't made to be) and don't have to support hundreds of pounds of weight like a Chitauri or human. That comparison falls flat. The Chitauri were also falling and latching on to the sides of buildings hard enough to make the cement crumble which suggests superior strength to hold on. They are physically superior to humans. Thats pretty evident.

And you stating Cap was having more trouble with Shield just furthers my argument. It means they are trained to that level, to being able to give Cap some trouble. That includes Widow. Have you ever seen Cap struggle like that with random mooks?

The truth is Aresenal and Speedy's best feats are taking on some unnamed featless League of Shadows fodder, all of which are humans. Besides that, they've taken on a bunch of unnamed and untrained thugs. Widow has regularly taken trained agents, aliens, and machines. She was trained rigorously from a young age to do so, as opposed to the Arrow kids who were trained for a year or so well enough to take some thugs. Her fight scenes and moves alone show more skill than either of the Arrow kids. She would stomp any non-superpowered being in the arrowverse.

FrothByte
The finishing blow to the Chitauri may have been a gun most of the time, but she was still besting them in hand to hand before using it. There were even scenes were she was tearing into their mechanical parts to kill them. That wasn't a stun bracelet. That was her killing them in hand to hand by tearing into their machinery. Never, in any of the Iron Man, Cap, or Avengers movies, has she had or used a stun bracelet. She had a stun baton in Ultron, but thats about it. Whats the point of a stun baton if you have a stun bracelet?

And what specific feats did those two fodder League assassins have? You're not willing to accept that Widow is as skilled as May or Ward despite them all being apart of Shield (and Widow being stated above them), so why would you assume all League Assassins are made equal? Also, I'm going to need you to post the clip. I cant remember, but I'd be willing to bet they beat them by stabbing them with an arrow or the likes as opposed to snapping their necks or knocking them out.

Also, and grasshoppers aren't shaped exactly like centipedes (not to mention they're not as aggressive and aren't made to be) and don't have to support hundreds of pounds of weight like a Chitauri or human. That comparison falls flat. The Chitauri were also falling and latching on to the sides of buildings hard enough to make the cement crumble which suggests superior strength to hold on. They are physically superior to humans. Thats pretty evident.

And you stating Cap was having more trouble with Shield just furthers my argument. It means they are trained to that level, to being able to give Cap some trouble. That includes Widow. Have you ever seen Cap struggle like that with random mooks?

The truth is Aresenal and Speedy's best feats are taking on some unnamed featless League of Shadows fodder, all of which are humans. Besides that, they've taken on a bunch of unnamed and untrained thugs. Widow has regularly taken trained agents, aliens, and machines. She was trained rigorously from a young age to do so, as opposed to the Arrow kids who were trained for a year or so well enough to take some thugs. Her fight scenes and moves alone show more skill than either of the Arrow kids. She would stomp any non-superpowered being in the arrowverse.

You're asking for a lot of stuff. Hard to post a clip of a scene that just recently aired. I'll try to find some for you though.

I think you're mistaking my argument here. I'm not saying that the arrow kids are better, I'm just saying that BW has never proven to be so far above them that she can take on both of them at the same time.

Widow has never been stated to be a better fighter than May or Ward. If it has, I'd like a direct quote please.

The truth is, BW's best feats are taking on unknown and featless fodder, alien, robot or otherwise. They're all featless, they all easily fall to the smallest of attacks. No different than the fodder the arrow kids have. You say chitauri have more durability, I say we've seen multiple LOS ninjas catch arrows in mid flight.

In the end, neither BW nor the arrow kids have extremely good h2h feats. Difference is it's a 2 vs. 1 scenario. Unless you can prove that BW has a huge advantage in skill, then 2 skilled warriors will always beat 1 skilled warrior.

wakkawakkawakka
you brought this up... I'm still not sure why

When has 2 characters from different series interacted? Sorry, you gave me a brain ache. Again I didn't bring him up.
You brought up Widow taking out mooks. I stated that H2H the only named opponent Widow has defeated was Hawkeye. Considering the latter's lack of any significant H2H feats, I'm not sure that nets her an edge when up against two people who are above mook.

As for that other piece it was more of an off hand observation about two characters in the same verse as one of the combatants in this thread.

Placidity
Even fighting "mooks" BW displays superior skill.

Lets keep it simple. Her first scene in Avengers - can Thea replicate this?

dB4__mvTyL0

Let's do a role swap - BW can replicate ALL of Thea/Red's feats EASILY, can they do the same vice versa?

wakkawakkawakka
Thea and Roy may not be able to shapeshift like Widow did at the 2:45 mark so admittedly they're lost on that front.

Jokes aside the argument isn't Widow against either of them, which I agree she'd win, but against both of them together. Personally I don't think Widow's skill enough in hand to hand combat to simply breeze through both of them together.

But to answer your question, oddly enough Thea/Roy could replicate everything Widow's done except the Hawkeye fight and the interogation scene that you posted.

relentless1
Even fighting "mooks" BW displays superior skill.

Lets keep it simple. Her first scene in Avengers - can Thea replicate this?

dB4__mvTyL0

Let's do a role swap - BW can replicate ALL of Thea/Red's feats EASILY, can they do the same vice versa?

the results of the fights are what counts, you can't compare superior fight choreography from a movie to that of a tv show because obviously the movie has better budget and can make the scenes look that much better.

Placidity
the results of the fights are what counts, you can't compare superior fight choreography from a movie to that of a tv show because obviously the movie has better budget and can make the scenes look that much better.

No it isn't. Choreography and stunt work - AKA on-screen evidence - is largely how you determine skill and physical attributes.

Better budget goes without saying, yet has no relevance here. Do you think Thea would lose 1v1 against Black Widow? If so why? If we go with your argument, one could assert Thea is only inferior on-screen because of the show's budget, if we account for that (because of "reasons"wink then Thea would be equal or superior to BW.

Completely off-topic - Do you support affirmative action?

Silent Master
Did he really just try and say that we shouldn't base skill on what we see the characters doing?

What's next, none of the Hulk's feats should count because he's CGI and TV shows can't afford to produce that level of CGI.

FrothByte
I don't think anyone is saying that BW can't beat either Thea or Roy 1 n 1. Just that she can't breeze through them and that she can't beat them 1 vs 2. BW may have slightly better fight feats but she just doesn't have any feats to prove she can take on 2 highly skilled combatants at the same time..After all, when has she ever taken on 2 skilled combatants or even breezed through 1?

Placidity
I don't think anyone is saying that BW can't beat either Thea or Roy 1 n 1. Just that she can't breeze through them and that she can't beat them 1 vs 2. BW may have slightly better fight feats but she just doesn't have any feats to prove she can take on 2 highly skilled combatants at the same time..After all, when has she ever taken on 2 skilled combatants or even breezed through 1?

Highly skilled is subjective.

If Green Arrow is highly skilled, I would rank Thea as a beginner. Which she actually is if you think about it. Oliver went through hell for 5 years to get to where he is in terms of skill, experience and physicality. Thea just did some stick fighting with Malcolm for a matter of months.

You can think of it this way:

Green Arrow would wreck Thea and Red together in H2H (no PIS/CIS/Holding Back).

How would BW fair against Oliver in Hand to Hand? Remember she did beat Hawkeye. I don't know the answer myself actually, but its close enough for me to have to pause and think about it.

FrothByte
Highly skilled is subjective.

If Green Arrow is highly skilled, I would rank Thea as a beginner. Which she actually is if you think about it. Oliver went through hell for 5 years to get to where he is in terms of skill, experience and physicality. Thea just did some stick fighting with Malcolm for a matter of months.

You can think of it this way:

Green Arrow would wreck Thea and Red together in H2H (no PIS/CIS/Holding Back).

How would BW fair against Oliver in Hand to Hand? Remember she did beat Hawkeye. I don't know the answer myself actually, but its close enough for me to have to pause and think about it.

As of right now, Oliver would completely wreck either BW and Hawkeye. High end Arrow fighters easily snatch arrows out of the air. BW and Hawkeye just don't have the h2h feats to compare.

Placidity
As of right now, Oliver would completely wreck either BW and Hawkeye. High end Arrow fighters easily snatch arrows out of the air. BW and Hawkeye just don't have the h2h feats to compare.

Catching an arrow while impressive, doesn't necessarily translate to H2H skill.

I don't think Loki is that great H2H (i.e without his staff).

At the same time there are many characters that can't catch an arrow, yet can beat Oliver.

You don't need to be that high end to catch one either, Huntress did it back in Season 1.

Also:

brYwuzu4ohs

Now of course, the arrows this guy catches are FAR slower than what we see on Arrow, but that's besides the point.

I will agree that catching an arrow demonstrates high reaction speed and coordination (if you want to talk coordination, Hawkeye is the far superior archer), which can be used in H2H, but arrow catching does not automatically mean H2H skill, it is a practiced move.

Aside from all that, I don't see Oliver easily beating BW or Hawkeye H2H.

Mindset
As of right now, Oliver would completely wreck either BW and Hawkeye. High end Arrow fighters easily snatch arrows out of the air. BW and Hawkeye just don't have the h2h feats to compare. I don't think Cap or WS could easily catch arrows, they would murder Ollie.

FrothByte
Catching an arrow while impressive, doesn't necessarily translate to H2H skill.

I don't think Loki is that great H2H (i.e without his staff).

At the same time there are many characters that can't catch an arrow, yet can beat Oliver.

You don't need to be that high end to catch one either, Huntress did it back in Season 1.

Also:

brYwuzu4ohs

Now of course, the arrows this guy catches are FAR slower than what we see on Arrow, but that's besides the point.

I will agree that catching an arrow demonstrates high reaction speed and coordination (if you want to talk coordination, Hawkeye is the far superior archer), which can be used in H2H, but arrow catching does not automatically mean H2H skill, it is a practiced move.

Aside from all that, I don't see Oliver easily beating BW or Hawkeye H2H.

What makes you think Loki isn't a good h2h fighter? He's a thousand yr old warrior who's skilled enough to go toe to toe with Thor for some time.

Catching an arrow coming from the supposedly high poundage bows that Arrow characters use is damn near impossible unless you're at a really far distance. Yes, its not exactly a h2h feat but that's a ridiculous dexterity and reaction feat.

What makes you think Hawkeye is a superior archer?

Also, name me some h2h feats of BW or Hawkeye that proves that can hang with Oliver in a fight.

Adam Grimes
He already did.

Scarlett wins.

Henry_Pym
Did Widow beat those aliens in h2h? some, yes.

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
He already did.

Scarlett wins.
Oliver performed a similar feat during his first year in the island.

Against them 1on1 sure. Together even if Widow wins its not a stomp.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
He already did.

Scarlett wins.

He already did what?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.