One Punch Man - Rate hero's

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
If you had to rank the hero's using this system...

Wolf
Tiger
Demon
Dragon
God

Where would you rank each of the hero's on One Punch Man?

Don't rank them based on how the other hero's would do against them. Rank them based off of the demons/monsters you've seen on the show. I don't have a list because I don't know of ALL the hero's on the show.

dadudemon
Carver, you may want to link a list. There are tons of heroes. The OPM wiki has a list...on the very page I helped make. smile

Look up the Heroes Association.

NewGuy01
God - Saitama
The Rest - The Rest

carver9
Let's use the hero's that are rank S class 1 - 13.

Q99
Hm... it's kinda tough because, say, Darkshine can fight a Dragon level opponent, but does that make him Dragon level...? Him causing that much destruction is gonna be hard, since his thing is incredible defense.

All S-class heroes are at least Demon, that's pretty much what defines them.

Well, here goes-
God-
Saitama, King

Dragon-
Tatsumaki
Metal Knight
Bang
Atomic Samurai
Metal Bat
Pig God
Superalloy Darkshine
Possibly Sweet Mask?

Demon-
Genos
Watchdog Man?
Lightspeed Flash
Child Emperor
Drive Knight
Tank Top Master
Pri-Pri Prisoner
Zombieman

Wolf-
Blizzard
Atomic Samurai's three apprentices
Stinger
Lightning Max
Golden Ball
Spring Mustache
Snek

Etc.

carver9
King is the guy who's the strongest in the world, correct? Where would you rank Sonic?

Q99
Sonic would be in the Demons, near Genos and Lightspeed (which is around the top of the demons IMO).

carver9
How can metal bat beat Sonic if he isn't fast enough?

AsbestosFlaygon
King in God-level? Funniest shit I've read all day.

God: Saitama, Garou
Dragon: Tatsumaki, Blast (?), Metal Knight (?)
Demon: The rest of the S-class heroes, including Sweet Mask and Speed Of Sound Sonic

Q99
Hey, King's the only one to have victories over Saitama wink

Originally posted by carver9
How can metal bat beat Sonic if he isn't fast enough?

This is general threat level... and Bat gets faster as he fights, like Garou noted.

Bat can do damage to things that Sonic couldn't.

dadudemon
I probably should just quote Q99's rundown and call it a day. smile

I agree with everything in the following list:

Originally posted by Q99
Hm... it's kinda tough because, say, Darkshine can fight a Dragon level opponent, but does that make him Dragon level...? Him causing that much destruction is gonna be hard, since his thing is incredible defense.

Well, here goes-
God-
Saitama, King

Dragon-
Tatsumaki
Metal Knight
Bang
Atomic Samurai
Metal Bat
Pig God
Superalloy Darkshine
Possibly Sweet Mask?

Demon-
Genos
Watchdog Man?
Lightspeed Flash
Child Emperor
Drive Knight
Tank Top Master
Pri-Pri Prisoner
Zombieman

Wolf-
Blizzard
Stinger
Lightning Max
Golden Ball
Spring Mustache
Snek

Etc.

KingD19
King isn't even really Wolf class. Iirc, he's never won a fight, lol. He simply showed up at the right time and his rank got boosted, kinda like what people think Saitama does. The "King Engine", that oppressively loud heartbeat that people say is him getting amped up, is actually his heart beating abnormally loud out of fear lol.

carver9
I'm disappointed. I wanted King to be a physical monster. Someone that even One Punch would be kinda shocked at.

KingD19
Well he'd probably kick Saitama's as# in a video game.

But the truth is all of his fights have really been Saitama saving his butt, while King gets the credit. He didn't even have to take the Hero Exam, they just immediately bumped him up to S class.

Q99
Originally posted by KingD19
King isn't even really Wolf class. Iirc, he's never won a fight, lol. He simply showed up at the right time and his rank got boosted, kinda like what people think Saitama does. The "King Engine", that oppressively loud heartbeat that people say is him getting amped up, is actually his heart beating abnormally loud out of fear lol.

Bah, he's so strong monsters will faint at the prospect of trying to fight him! Humans and most heroes would run in terror!

U need Leonard
A lot of the notable/serious villains all seem to be in Dragon Range. To me, it appears that the villains on average are stronger than the heroes.
Originally posted by Q99

Well, here goes-
God-
Saitama, King

Dragon-
Tatsumaki
Metal Knight
Bang
Atomic Samurai
Metal Bat
Pig God
Superalloy Darkshine
Possibly Sweet Mask?

Demon-
Genos
Watchdog Man?
Lightspeed Flash
Child Emperor
Drive Knight
Tank Top Master
Pri-Pri Prisoner
Zombieman

Wolf-
Blizzard
Stinger
Lightning Max
Golden Ball
Spring Mustache
Snek

Etc.

I agree with this.

Q99
Originally posted by U need Leonard
A lot of the notable/serious villains all seem to be in Dragon Range. To me, it appears that the villains on average are stronger than the heroes.

Though even Seaking and Beefcake are 'just' Demon level.

Dragons are pretty rare. Outside of the aliens and the meteor (which is just a rock), it's Vaccine Man, Carnage Kabuto, and Elder Centipede until the Monster Association arc.

And I will note that while A-classes are less-than-demon, teaming up the best of them can beat some lesser demon class foes.

Oooh, and I just realized I made a mistake and skipped a category- I had the A-classes as 'wolf' when really they should be 'tiger.'

Wolf is, like, 'most of the Blizzard group,' 'Tank Top Tiger / Tank Top Black Hole,' and 'Mumen Rider.'

NewGuy01
Beefcake should have been Dragon, though. His power certainly threatened to obliterate multiple cities.

Nephthys
Originally posted by KingD19

Good job with the spoilers, assh*le.

KingD19
Originally posted by Nephthys

I mean, you should expect stuff like this in a discussion like this. confused

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Nephthys

thumb up

Q99
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Beefcake should have been Dragon, though. His power certainly threatened to obliterate multiple cities.

I guess he was at the upper boundaries.

What he was destroying was just small towns, though, so maybe they *didn't* consider him a threat to multiple major cities, not with the level of hero guarding those have.

NewGuy01
Also, can Garou really be called a hero?

Q99

Certainly not smile

He's a villain through and though.

Btw, something to note- there are human villains given classes. In the first Blizzard Group bonus chapter, they took down a 'C-class villain,' Banero, and Hammerhead is called a B-class. Garou seems to be the only one ever referred to by threat level.

AsbestosFlaygon
No. I just lumped him up there because he was supposed to be a hero, being trained by Bang. But his ideals got the better of him, so he turned rogue and became an anti-villain.

He may not actually have been a God-level threat, though. He did acknowledge that Tatsumaki would've beaten him in his Monster form if she wasn't weakened by Black Sperm. In reality, he's around Dragon+, like Lord Boros.

We haven't seen a REAL God-level threat yet. It is rumored that the "God" that gave Homeless Emperor his powers and killed him is a God-level Mysterious Being. http://i.imgur.com/6At6lN7.jpg

AsbestosFlaygon
Correction: Monster Garou was definitely a God-level threat. His human form was Demon-level. http://mangafox.me/manga/onepunch_man_one/c083/7.html

Q99
Mangafox doesn't work for me erm

AsbestosFlaygon
I was talking about this guy:

http://i.imgur.com/6At6lN7.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11117/111174664/3938216-scan1.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11117/111174664/3938219-scan2.jpg

The "God" who gave Homeless Emperor his Dragon-level powers.

Note on Garou: He broke his limiters during his fight with Saitama, but Saitama still won for some reason. It seems Saitama's strength has no limits. What ONE said about him having infinite strength is probably true.

I have no doubt in my mind Saitama will defeat this "God."

NewGuy01
God-level is any threat with the capacity to wipe out the entire human race; Boros qualifies, and since Garou is stronger than him, he probably should too.

U need Leonard
Originally posted by Q99
Though even Seaking and Beefcake are 'just' Demon level.

Dragons are pretty rare. Outside of the aliens and the meteor (which is just a rock), it's Vaccine Man, Carnage Kabuto, and Elder Centipede until the Monster Association arc.

And I will note that while A-classes are less-than-demon, teaming up the best of them can beat some lesser demon class foes.

Oooh, and I just realized I made a mistake and skipped a category- I had the A-classes as 'wolf' when really they should be 'tiger.'

Wolf is, like, 'most of the Blizzard group,' 'Tank Top Tiger / Tank Top Black Hole,' and 'Mumen Rider.'
Okay. So the gap between S Class heroes is rather large then? Since I've noticed that you have some S in Demon and some in Dragon.

NewGuy01
Yeah. At the low end you have guys like Prisoner, and at the top you have Tornado of Terror. There should honestly be another class made just from the higher-end S's.

NewGuy01
By the way, how well do you guys think Tornado would fare against Boros?

AsbestosFlaygon
She could've beaten Garou in 5 seconds if she was in full condition. Garou acknowledged this before knocking her out. She'll beat Boros as well.

NewGuy01
Then again, wasn't that before Garou evolved to the point where he could (sorta) challenge Saitama?

Also, wasn't it part of the "joke" per-se that despite her boasting, Tornado couldn't have actually handled Boros/co. by herself? Or was I just mis-interpreting that?

Don Draper
Originally posted by Q99

Well, here goes-
God-
Saitama, King

Dragon-
Tatsumaki
Metal Knight
Bang
Atomic Samurai
Metal Bat
Pig God
Superalloy Darkshine
Possibly Sweet Mask?

Demon-
Genos
Watchdog Man?
Lightspeed Flash
Child Emperor
Drive Knight
Tank Top Master
Pri-Pri Prisoner
Zombieman

Wolf-
Blizzard
Stinger
Lightning Max
Golden Ball
Spring Mustache
Snek

Etc. thumb up

AsbestosFlaygon
Then again, wasn't that before Garou evolved to the point where he could (sorta) challenge Saitama?

Also, wasn't it part of the "joke" per-se that despite her boasting, Tornado couldn't have actually handled Boros/co. by herself? Or was I just mis-interpreting that?
No. It was Garou's 1st monster form. Arguably his strongest form. He got weaker as he evolved, as stated by Saitama during their fight, because he had to give up his speed for the increase in strength.

You are underestimating the S-Class heroes. Though they were losing and some were fighting as pairs, they were able to put up a decent fight against the Monster Association, a league with high-level Dragon-tier Mysterious Beings. It was pretty clear that some of the S-class heroes are Dragon-level to be able to hold out that long.

Q99
I think he only began declining when he started taking damage. Before that, he was still getting more powerful.

Originally posted by U need Leonard
Okay. So the gap between S Class heroes is rather large then? Since I've noticed that you have some S in Demon and some in Dragon.

Definitely.

Like, Pri-Pri Prisoner can't damage Darkshine's muscles with his punches, and Darkshine's just in the middle of the pack.

Of course, if there's a Dragon around, having some of the Demon level S-classes for backup is normally pretty useful, but ultimately there's a gap. Garou managed to beat Tank Top pretty early on, while Darkshine was hard for him despite improving a fair amount.

Yeah. At the low end you have guys like Prisoner, and at the top you have Tornado of Terror. There should honestly be another class made just from the higher-end S's.

Ultimately, S seems to just mean 'can handle at least Demon monsters solo.'

I think there's not the division because Dragon classes are still so rare.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Q99
I think he only began declining when he started taking damage. Before that, he was still getting more powerful.

thumb up

It kinda made me think Ichigo vs Aizen, frankly. Saitama said he'd weakened after he had become smaller again, enough so that the other heroes thought even they could finish him.

Q99
Re-reading the Garou fight, Garou beat up the S-classes in his first monster form, but against Saitama he revealed he could raise the strength of the body more with some martial arts methods he knew.

After *that* got beaten, he transformed into a more monstrous form, second monster form, which he seemed to view as an upgrade (crying in joy at becoming a true monster), which did look like it traded some speed for power but likely did have a ton of power and possibly armor. It got damaged, then turned into a even larger monstrous form, third monster form. Which had the greatest regen, but after taking some serious hits, he transformed into what I call 'crumbling monster form.' Where he was definitely weakening with his power leaking out.

First Monster Form may arguably be the fastest, especially when he used breathing methods to max it out, but it seemed to me like Second and Third were both upgrades in overall power.

RealityWarper
Wolf
Tiger
Demon
Dragon
God
Saitama

Q99
Wolf
Tiger
Demon
Dragon
God
Saitama
Mumen Rider (True Form)

NewGuy01
Just watch Mumen Rider be Blast.

cdtm
Mumen Rider is >>>>> tiers. I think Caped Baldy was serious when he was praising him (And frankly, was jealous that for him, being a courageous hero who risks his life actually meant something.)

I have a feeling Blast is Saitama level.

He even talks like Saitama. (It's just a hobby.)

Only question is, whether he in fact is Saitama, under an old name, and he started the hero association and became it's lead member without even realizing it, or whether it's the Captain Marvel to his Superman.

RealityWarper
Saitama is ranked at "Saitama".

In short it's:

Saitama
The Rest

By the way I can't wait to read the next chapters. That's too long !

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.