Yoda, Mace, Obi Wan, Ki Al Mundi, Qui Gon vs Quinlan Dark Side knowledge only

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

redpill
mad all of these jedi Yoda, Mace, Obi Wan, Ki Al Mundi, Qui Gon Quinlan Vos know something of the Force.

How would you rank them in terms of knowledge of the Dark Side of the Force ? Who knows the Dark Side the best?

correct answer, even though Yoda has been studying force for over 900 years, Yoda only knows the light side.

Quin Gon Jinn living force is just light side, not dark side.

Quinlan wins here. he knows the Dark Side better than the other Jedi at the end of Dark Disciple. Quinlan has actual training and experience of the Dark Side.

mad

Aurbere
Yoda still wins tho. smile

redpill
Originally posted by Aurbere
Yoda still wins tho. smile yoda's never experienced the dark side mad

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by redpill
yoda's never experienced the dark side mad

You know this how exactly? It's pretty much common sense that in 900 years of life he would have had at the very least some type of knowledge. How do you think he was able to classify certain force powers as dark side powers, he Ana a knowledge of them in some way shape or form.

redpill
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
You know this how exactly? It's pretty much common sense that in 900 years of life he would have had at the very least some type of knowledge. How do you think he was able to classify certain force powers as dark side powers, he Ana a knowledge of them in some way shape or form. was Yoda ever trained or taught the dark side?

Trocity
Make another thread.

EmperorSidious2
was Yoda ever trained or taught the dark side?

You don't have to be. I've never been taught Spanish but I know Spanish use a little though.

redpill
You don't have to be. I've never been taught Spanish but I know Spanish use a little though. yeah but Vos was trained and taught and used it so...he trumps Yoda

redpill
Originally posted by Trocity
Make another thread. ur at a loss of words

FreshestSlice
"Oh, yes, young one. Think you I have never felt the touch of the dark? Know you what a soul so great as Yoda can make, in eight hundred years?"

redpill
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
"Oh, yes, young one. Think you I have never felt the touch of the dark? Know you what a soul so great as Yoda can make, in eight hundred years?"

feeling the touch of the dark side and embracing it are two very different things.
mad sick

DarthAnt66
mad all of these jedi Yoda, Mace, Obi Wan, Ki Al Mundi, Qui Gon Quinlan Vos know something of the Force.

How would you rank them in terms of knowledge of the Dark Side of the Force ? Who knows the Dark Side the best?

correct answer, even though Yoda has been studying force for over 900 years, Yoda only knows the light side.

Quin Gon Jinn living force is just light side, not dark side.

Quinlan wins here. he knows the Dark Side better than the other Jedi at the end of Dark Disciple. Quinlan has actual training and experience of the Dark Side.

mad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F4qzPbcFiA

EmperorSidious2
yeah but Vos was trained and taught and used it so...he trumps Yoda

Again not necessarily. Yoda has 900 years to draw on and then you have Mace who skirts dangerously close. Really idc just thought you should be corrected on why you think Vos wins.

redpill
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F4qzPbcFiA its a change

redpill
Again not necessarily. Yoda has 900 years to draw on and then you have Mace who skirts dangerously close. Really idc just thought you should be corrected on why you think Vos wins.

yeah but yoda has darkophobia - hes a afraid of the dark side. hes afraid if u feel the pull of the dark side forever will it dominate your destiny.

mace skirts close. that's quite distinct from vos being TRAINED in it.

vos has the most dark side knowledge

Aurbere
Yoda has drawn on the power of the dark side and delved into its depths on multiple occasions. Count Dooku also suggested that Yoda had delved into the dark arts as well. To suggest that he doesn't have dark side knowledge is laughable.

redpill
Yoda has drawn on the power of the dark side and delved into its depths on multiple occasions. Count Dooku also suggested that Yoda had delved into the dark arts as well. To suggest that he doesn't have dark side knowledge is laughable.

delving is one thing. being trained, immersed, and using it is another.

does Yoda have MORE darkside knowledge that Vos, who not only trained under asajj and dooku but used it?

Vos > Yoda + mace + qui gon +Obi Wan + Kai Al Mundi

Aurbere

Nawp. He delved into it and used it multiple times. thumb up

redpill
Nawp. He delved into it and used it multiple times. thumb up when has Yoda actually used it and immersed in it? that vision thing doesnt count

Aurbere
when has Yoda actually used it and immersed in it? that vision thing doesnt count

Over a long period of time in Attack of the Clones, and on Vjun.

redpill
Over a long period of time in Attack of the Clones, and on Vjun. so what are some Yoda's dark side feats that would show he knows more about the dark side than Vos?

for Vos i point to his training by asajj and dooku, the sleeper, the poison by snake, the torture on dooku, his desire to avenge his master, choking asajj defeating dooku etc.

and in legends vos meets his dark side in his fight with sora bulq

Aurbere
so what are some Yoda's dark side feats that would show he knows more about the dark side than Vos?

for Vos i point to his training by asajj and dooku, the sleeper, the poison by snake, the torture on dooku, his desire to avenge his master, choking asajj defeating dooku etc.

and in legends vos meets his dark side in his fight with sora bulq

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/aurbere/blog/master-yoda-respect-thread-part-1/109043/

I'm sure you can find them in there. Also, I wanted to plug my own thread. stick out tongue

redpill
http://www.comicvine.com/profile/aurbere/blog/master-yoda-respect-thread-part-1/109043/

I'm sure you can find them in there. Also, I wanted to plug my own thread. stick out tongue i've started reading lots of praise for yoda

but where does it say yoda is trained in the dark side?

Aurbere
i've started reading lots of praise for yoda

but where does it say yoda is trained in the dark side?

It doesn't. Now keep reading.

redpill
It doesn't. Now keep reading. what evidence do you have that yoda knowledge of the dark side surpasses vos'

Aurbere
what evidence do you have that yoda knowledge of the dark side surpasses vos'

Well given that Vos actually hasn't shown knowledge of the dark side and simply uses it because of his extremely limited training in it, I'd say it's pretty easy to surpass Vos in that. smile

redpill
Well given that Vos actually hasn't shown knowledge of the dark side and simply uses it because of his extremely limited training in it, I'd say it's pretty easy to surpass Vos in that. smile

if you use something it shows you have knowledge of it.

and DD is clear asajj and dooku trained vos in dark side

Aurbere
if you use something it shows you have knowledge of it.

and DD is clear asajj and dooku trained vos in dark side

Kewl, so lots of Jedi have knowledge of the dark side. Srsly the list is too large to count.

And I acknowledged his training. I just said it's extremely limited. Which it is.

I'd say I have no idea why I'm bothering with this, but I'm bored and doing this is way better than what I normally do when I'm bored. So whatever.

redpill
Kewl, so lots of Jedi have knowledge of the dark side. Srsly the list is too large to count.

And I acknowledged his training. I just said it's extremely limited. Which it is.

I'd say I have no idea why I'm bothering with this, but I'm bored and doing this is way better than what I normally do when I'm bored. So whatever.

no jedi are NOT exposed to the dark side, they are trained from birth to shun the dark side.

EmperorSidious2
yeah but yoda has darkophobia - hes a afraid of the dark side. hes afraid if u feel the pull of the dark side forever will it dominate your destiny.

mace skirts close. that's quite distinct from vos being TRAINED in it.

vos has the most dark side knowledge

I think your confusing knowledge with the power to do certain things. I believe Yoda has more knowledge of the dark side he just doesn't use it. Mace we see him use dark side abilities and vaapad skirts very close to the dark side.

redpill
I think your confusing knowledge with the power to do certain things. I believe Yoda has more knowledge of the dark side he just doesn't use it. Mace we see him use dark side abilities and vaapad skirts very close to the dark side.

if you do not demonstrate power then what evidence is there of knowledge?

i'd place mace second after Vos. maybe yoda third.

Vos has knowledge + power + embrace it.

EmperorSidious2
if you do not demonstrate power then what evidence is there of knowledge?

i'd place mace second after Vos. maybe yoda third.

Vos has knowledge + power + embrace it.

I don't demonstrate the ability to speak Spanish but I can speak it to an extent. Vos doesn't really have much knowledge of the dark side. Yoda has more most likely than you ahve Mace and Obi wan combined all of that wins. Anyway not going to continue this since you will just troll, but just thought to give my 2 cents on this.

redpill
I don't demonstrate the ability to speak Spanish but I can speak it to an extent. Vos doesn't really have much knowledge of the dark side. Yoda has more most likely than you ahve Mace and Obi wan combined all of that wins. Anyway not going to continue this since you will just troll, but just thought to give my 2 cents on this.

have you read Dark Disciple? his knowledge of the dark side and the power he demonstrates is extensively documented

Beniboybling

does Yoda have MORE darkside knowledge that Vos, who not only trained under asajj and dooku but used it?

Vos > Yoda + mace + qui gon +Obi Wan + Kai Al Mundi Nah, Vos may have been trained and immersed in the dark side but it was his lack of understanding of it that led him to be consumed, and lose control.

Yoda's ability to delve into the dark side and not be consumed by it (like Ventress) demonstrates superior knowledge of how it works as far as wisdom is concerned.

redpill
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Nah, Vos may have been trained and immersed in the dark side but it was his lack of understanding of it that led him to be consumed, and lose control.

Yoda's ability to delve into the dark side and not be consumed by it (like Ventress) demonstrates superior knowledge of how it works as far as wisdom is concerned.

by this reasoning then yoda knows more about the dark side then sidious laughing

Beniboybling
No, Sidious had control over his emotions and was stated to have tamed the dark side, whereas in Dark Disciple the dark side is clearly in control of Vos, and drives him to act irrationally, blindly and impulsively.

Learning to control your emotions is an important part of Sith training, and in this respect Vos was little more masterful or learned in the dark side than Savage Opress.

redpill
No, Sidious had control over his emotions and was stated to have tamed the dark side, whereas in Dark Disciple the dark side is clearly in control of Vos, and drives him to act irrationally, blindly and impulsively.

Learning to control your emotions is an important part of Sith training, and in this respect Vos was little more masterful or learned in the dark side than Savage Opress.

sidious did tell luke, use your agressive feelings boy, let the hate flow through you!

maul also seemed out of control yet that was his style.

vos was letting the hate flow through.

Beniboybling
Yes, well spotted. Sidious was banking on an inexperienced Luke being consumed by the dark side and doing something totally irrational like becoming Palpatine's apprentice, and murdering all of his friends. You know, the same trick he pulled with Anakin.

But the ability to "let the hate flow through you" does not make you wise and masterful in the dark side by any stretch.

Not sure what you're on about regarding Maul, in comparison to Savage it is obvious that he is the calm and collected one.

redpill
Yes, well spotted. Sidious was banking on an inexperienced Luke being consumed by the dark side and doing something totally irrational like becoming Palpatine's apprentice, and murdering all of his friends. You know, the same trick he pulled with Anakin.

But the ability to "let the hate flow through you" does not make you wise and masterful in the dark side by any stretch.

Not sure what you're on about regarding Maul, in comparison to Savage it is obvious that he is the calm and collected one.
one darth vader was totally out of control reference mustafar

two, maul was also totally out of control reference obi wan on mandalore

three sidious was also totally out of control reference luke rotj

Beniboybling
one darth vader was totally out of control reference mustafarGreat, another person with little knowledge and mastery over the dark side going crazy.
You'll have to be more specific.Lol I don't even.

Give it up redpill, you're not even making sense anymore.

redpill
Great, another person with little knowledge and mastery over the dark side going crazy.
You'll have to be more specific.Lol I don't even.

Give it up redpill, you're not even making sense anymore.

quinlan when he went to the dark side was more in control of his emotions than anakin.

two, what you call getting out of control is how the dark side works.

three, i see no evidence yoda knows more of the dark side than vos.

Beniboybling
quinlan when he went to the dark side was more in control of his emotions than anakin.OK, let's test that theory.

Transformed into a pawn by a Dark Lord who twisted his mind? Check.

Tried to kill the person he loved as a result? Check.

Turned against long-standing friends and allies as a result? Check.

Believed what he was doing would by some twisted logic, make the world better for himself and aforementioned love? Check.

Mmm... gonna have to disagree with you I'm afraid.Yes, because all Sith Lords are raging hormonal adolescents, and Vader did not later get a handle on his emotions afterward.He's delved into the dark side without going crazy, so clearly has more control/understanding over it than Vos. thumb up

DarthAnt66
redpill raping Beni, kek.

redpill
OK, let's test that theory.

Believed what he was doing would by some twisted logic, make the world better for himself and aforementioned love? Check.

Mmm... gonna have to disagree with you I'm afraid.Yes, because all Sith Lords are raging hormonal adolescents, and Vader did not later get a handle on his emotions afterward.He's delved into the dark side without going crazy, so clearly has more control/understanding over it than Vos. thumb up

have you read Dark Disciple?

did he kill Asajj even after learning she killed Tholme and lied about it?

No.

Did Anakin attempt to kill Padme?

yes.

Vos > Anakin

EmperorSidious2
So Yoda still solos

redpill
So Yoda still solos

evidence?

this is evidence
this is an example of Vos knowledge and mastery

1 Asajj trains Vos in dark side, based on a dark side tradition from the nightsisters, a tradition that includes mother talzin
2- asks Vos to practice
3- orders Vos to summon the sleeper.
4- vos kills it.

Vos summons the sleeper using his mastery of the dark side

success.

worth noting that Vos is in control of the dark side, not the other way around, in this instance.

until i see evidence i think there are trolls here.

Beniboybling
have you read Dark Disciple?

did he kill attempt to kill Asajj even after learning she killed Tholme and lied about it?

No. Yes.

Did Anakin attempt to kill Padme?

yes.

Vos = Anakin Fixed.

redpill
Fixed.

Asajj was able to calm Quinlan down, after she told him she loved him.

Quinlan stand down.

Anakin would not calm down, not by padme not by obi wan.

Quilnan > Anakin in dark side wisdom

Beniboybling
Except he did calm down, and let her go. erm

EDIT: Kinda bored now though, so you'll have to find a new playmate.

redpill
Except he did calm down, and let her go. erm

EDIT: Kinda bored now though, so you'll have to find a new playmate.

that's pretty selective memory you have there.

padme says i love you
anakin says liar!
anakin choked padme unconcious.

OBI WAN pleaded with anakin to let her go, and only AFTER she was unconcious did he let her go.

then anakin engaged obi wan in duel.

the last words anakin said to obi wan on mustfar

I HATE YOU!

quinlan vos started choking a crying pleading asajj.

asajj told him she loved him and yeah she lied about tholme.

vos then relents and lets asajj go.

no comparison between the two.

my point still stands.

vos was trained in the dark side by both asajj and dooku and has plenty of applications of his knowledge of the dark side.

no tcw jedi has such training in dark side, not yoda, not mace, prior to ROTS.

only pong krell embraced the dark side but was not trained in it.

redpill
OK, let's test that theory.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11118/111184078/4672352-aavos16.jpg

that page contradicts your claim that the dark side has mastered vos

vos has mastered the dark side, perhaps to an even greater degree than vader.

dark side made vos calmer

redpill
Nah, Vos may have been trained and immersed in the dark side but it was his lack of understanding of it that led him to be consumed, and lose control.

what evidence do you have his lack of understanding of it that led him to be consumed, and lose control?

in DD quinlan allows himself to be rescued. the jedi high council felt there was no dark side in quinlan, and yoda only detected some dark side.

ofc quinlan had such control of the dark side he could hide his immersion in it from the jedi council

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.